I will post names as I confirm them.

C Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock
OT Ben Ijalana, Villanova
OT/OG Daniel Kilgore, Appalachian State
OT Will Rackley, Lehigh
WR Matt Szczur, Villanova

AppAlum2003
December 31st, 2010, 10:06 AM
Heard DJ Smith might get an invite - have you heard the same?

smallcollegefbfan
December 31st, 2010, 10:14 AM
Heard DJ Smith might get an invite - have you heard the same?

My NFL sources said he should be getting one. Mark LeGree is suppose to be on the waiting list.

One comparison I'll make though is that I don't think Smith, LeGree, and Kilgore as a trio will have better NFL careers than Jason Hunter, Corey Lynch, and Marques Murrell have as a trio. And the trio in the NFL have done better than I think this trio will do. Interesting to me that this trio or 2 of 3 is likely to go but that trio didn't and they have all done pretty well so far.

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2011, 02:56 PM
Add DJ Smith to the official list. He got his recently.

TexasTerror
January 1st, 2011, 03:47 PM
C Brandon Fusco, Slippery Rock

When did Slippery Rock go FCS? ;)

smallcollegefbfan
January 1st, 2011, 03:50 PM
When did Slippery Rock go FCS? ;)

Oops he was on my list and forgot to edit him out. Slippery Rock is indeed still D2.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2011, 01:20 PM
UTC CB Buster Skrine has been invited.

Word on the street is that Wofford S Tommy Irvin and App State S Mark LeGree are on the waiting list but that is not 100% confirmed.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2011, 01:22 PM
Here is the updated list of FCS players with known invites so far.

OT Will Rackley, Lehigh
CB Buster Skrine, Chattanooga
LB DJ Smith, Appalachian State

Note: Players who are still playing have supposedly not been invited yet so Delaware QB Pat Devlin should not have an invite yet. A couple players who I know will be in the Combine but I have not confirmed have received invites yet are SIU CB Korey Lindsey and Hampton DT Kenrick Ellis.

smallcollegefbfan
January 2nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
I would be posting this stuff on CS.com as well but the website isn't coming up on my browser. Not sure what is going on with it.

smallcollegefbfan
January 3rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
App State S Mark LeGree is on the waiting list and will know at the end of January.

SIU CB Korey Lindsey has been snubbed by the combine in what shocks me. He will still get drafted.

Richmond DT Martin Parker and CB Justin Rogers have both been invited to the NFL Combine.

smallcollegefbfan
January 3rd, 2011, 05:40 PM
Updated list of FCS Combine invites:

OT/OG Kevin Hughes, Southeastern Louisiana
DT Martin Parker, Richmond
OT Will Rackley, Lehigh
CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
TE Julius Thomas, Portland State

1andDone
January 3rd, 2011, 09:30 PM
Heard WR, Courtney Smith of South Alabama

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Heard WR, Courtney Smith of South Alabama

He is not on the initial list of invites.

smallcollegefbfan
January 4th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Here is the complete list of FCS players invited to the combine to date:

OT David Arkin, Missouri State
QB Pat Devlin, Delaware
DT Kenrick Ellis, Hampton
OT/OG Kevin Hughes, Southeastern Louisiana
TE Schuylar Oordt, Northern Iowa
DT Martin Parker, Richmond
OT Mike Person, Montana State
OT Will Rackley, Lehigh
CB Justin Rogers, Richmond
TE Julius Thomas, Portland State

There are some like LeGree from App and Allen from The Citadel who are on the waiting list.

lionsrking2
January 6th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Here's release on Kevin Hughes Combine invite...

http://lionsports.net/news/2011/1/6/FB_0106110116.aspx?path=football

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/Babinstares-1.jpg?t=1294359993

smallcollegefbfan
January 6th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Here's release on Kevin Hughes Combine invite...

http://lionsports.net/news/2011/1/6/FB_0106110116.aspx?path=football

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k73/selulions/Babinstares-1.jpg?t=1294359993

You didn't think I was joking did you? :) Lol

lionsrking2
January 6th, 2011, 07:24 PM
Nah, I've known about it for several weeks now...just posting the release.

smallcollegefbfan
January 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Nah, I've known about it for several weeks now...just posting the release.

Lol you know I was just kidding! Yeah a few schools have been posting releases. Saw Richmond did one. So did App State. A couple others as well.

jsudrumguy
January 9th, 2011, 04:25 PM
any news on OL Curt Porter from JSU

smallcollegefbfan
January 12th, 2011, 11:32 AM
any news on OL Curt Porter from JSU

Porter likely won't go. He wasn't on the first wave of invites. Not sure if he is on the waiting list to possibly be added later on or not. There were 73 open spots left and so far like 42 underclassmen have declared. I would say 40 of them so far are likely to get invites making spots for 33 of the 39 players on the waiting list. I think a few more will declare though likely leaving about 26-28 spots for seniors on the waiting list. I don't know that number for sure but that is a rough estimate at least.

crabby terrier
January 13th, 2011, 11:47 PM
heard anything about pat illig G WOFFORD?

smallcollegefbfan
January 15th, 2011, 10:09 AM
heard anything about pat illig G WOFFORD?

Teams are really low on him. Bad looking body, very soft, and misses blocks. Might be signed the night the draft ends. Free agent for sure. Don't see him getting drafted and think it is 50/50 he even makes a practice squad.

crabby terrier
January 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
bad looking body? 6-5 320. he's fairly strong (strongest? no.) and i don't think he missed too many blocks having won the socon jacobs blocking award. did he have some bad work outs with them or something?

6)Pat Illig OG Wofford

2010 SOCON JACOBS BLOCKING AWARD WINNER: Wofford's Pat Illig was named the league's top blocker as he helped pave the way for the top rushing attack in the nation. Wofford led all FCS teams with 310.8 rushing yards per game. The Terriers averaged 30.8 points per game, the 22nd best mark in the nation. Wofford's offense churned out 395.6 total yards per game which ranked 24th in the nation. A senior from Pittsburgh, Pa., Illig joins Eric Deutsch (2003) as just the second Terrier to win the Jacobs Blocking Award. - SoCon football

ap all american 2nd team
http://colonialscorner.com/2010/12/16/king-konycki-named-ap-all-americans/

the sports network all american 1st team:
http://www.bluehens.com/teams/football/stories/2010/december/122310a.html

smallcollegefbfan
January 16th, 2011, 07:36 PM
bad looking body? 6-5 320. he's fairly strong (strongest? no.) and i don't think he missed too many blocks having won the socon jacobs blocking award. did he have some bad work outs with them or something?

6)Pat Illig OG Wofford

2010 SOCON JACOBS BLOCKING AWARD WINNER: Wofford's Pat Illig was named the league's top blocker as he helped pave the way for the top rushing attack in the nation. Wofford led all FCS teams with 310.8 rushing yards per game. The Terriers averaged 30.8 points per game, the 22nd best mark in the nation. Wofford's offense churned out 395.6 total yards per game which ranked 24th in the nation. A senior from Pittsburgh, Pa., Illig joins Eric Deutsch (2003) as just the second Terrier to win the Jacobs Blocking Award. - SoCon football

ap all american 2nd team
http://colonialscorner.com/2010/12/16/king-konycki-named-ap-all-americans/

the sports network all american 1st team:
http://www.bluehens.com/teams/football/stories/2010/december/122310a.html

Bad body as in he is pudgy. He is big but that 320 is more fat than muscle when you stand next to him. I know a lot of NFL guys have a big gut but they are put together with huge arms, muscular and massive thighs, and at least have a muscular build all over. Illig is big but not impressive looking physically at all.

Awards don't mean a whole lot in the NFL. They are looking for the best players and many awards are given due to team success. There have been a lot of Jacobs Blocking Trophy winners who never played in the NFL or got cut very quickly. Matt Isenhour of App State never got in a camp. Kerry Brown got cut due to injuries. Ben Bainbridge of Furman could not make it. Just goes to show that winning the award doesn't translate to a NFL career.

Illig is good but definitely not the best OL in the SoCon. Daniel Kilgore was. He is much tougher, moves people, has better feet, etc. Illig had the name and his team was very good thus he won the award. Kilgore wasn't pubbed as the NFL prospect coming in like Illig was and Kilgore is gonna have to move to guard and he still isn't as big as Illig but he does have a better looking body.

He hasn't had any workouts yet except the junior pro day where he didn't run well. I was talking to someone from an AFC playoff team telling them how I was trying to push a Wofford player to a couple all-star games. They asked which one because they thought one of the two was not good. I said Irvin and they said good because we don't like Illig at all. This particular team does not have him on their board. A lot of people really like Irvin, including me. I think Irvin will surprise some people if he gets a fair shot. He could be added to the Combine because I was told he is on the waiting list.