PDA

View Full Version : Why Delaware will win the NC

Pages : 1 [2]

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Best defense in FCS...best QB in FCS...Hens by 10! Take it to the bank.

No go; something about insufficient funds.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:25 PM
GSU was so fast I almost didn't see them show up on Saturday.

Delaware was so overconfident, I almost didn't see them come out of the locker room after halftime.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:31 PM
I am not implying anything - the Big Sky has soft defenses.

How come the legendary Devlin couldn't throw a TD against our soft defense? How come we shut him down more and more as the game went on?

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM
Come on cowboy, come out of your hole, troll.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:35 PM
What do they say about defense and championships??? EWU gives up 25+ points per game, Delaware...11.

They say that defense wins championships. Ours definitely did.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 06:37 PM
How many points we've allowed doesn't really matter as long as we keep getting wins. Undefeated in the playoffs this year (just like Delaware), and winners of 10 straight. This team knows how to win.

AMIRITE!? AMIRITE!??? :D

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Come on cowboy, come out of your hole, troll.

Don't worry, he's reading it, and feeling it. He's busy dealing with an enormous amount of crow.

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Don't worry, he's reading it, and feeling it. He's busy dealing with an enormous amount of crow.

:D And with the Seahawks upset of the Saints tonight, I'm loving life!

bulldog
January 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Delaware was so overconfident, I almost didn't see them come out of the locker room after halftime.

I can see how you would miss them with your head between your legs after the a$$-whipping UD gave you in the first half.

Very classy post, Eagle. Act like you've been there before. Oh, that's right, you haven't been. You squeaked out a one-point win, even though you lost in every statistical category except passing yardage. You sound like a Griz fan. Great company to keep.xsmileyclapx

Screamin_Eagle174
January 8th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I can see how you would miss them with your head between your legs after the a$$-whipping UD gave you in the first half.

Very classy post, Eagle. Act like you've been there before. Oh, that's right, you haven't been. You squeaked out a one-point win, even though you lost in every statistical category except passing yardage. You sound like a Griz fan. Great company to keep.xsmileyclapx

No doubt they kicked our @ss up and down the field in the first half. But there are two halves in football, and EWU didn't quit. We played, and beat a very good Delaware team, there's no denying that. My post was only tongue in cheek to Cowboy, who unlike the majority of the Delaware fan base, is an arrogant prick who dished out a lot of smack, and apparently can't take it in return. I don't care about the statistics, only the final score. You sound like a bitter ECB fan. Great company to keep. xsmileyclapx

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 09:02 PM
At least we can enjoy a WIN, instead of comforting ourselves in getting "whooped" in 1 half, and having worse stats. That's been the case in most of their games this year. No, we will be content in enjoying the win. Just like everyone who is consoling themselves in stats, performance, rankings, being a member of the CAA, and every other thing to lift up as if it compares, we will take our championship. That's great some teams have had multiple NC's. We got this one. Nobody can ever take it way, no matter how annoyed at our celebration. So, whatever anybody has to say, or how they feel about it, we will enjoy the championship of our university.xhurrayx

Additionally, I don't call holding a "powerhouse" with the best FCS QB and an all CAA running back to 12 points getting as A$$ whooping. And what happened to the 3 scores they were supposed to run up on us. Funny how winning by one point is now such a meager accomplishment. Yet if Delaware would've won by 1 point, I doubt many of you would be acting like that was a small accomplishment.

dudeitsaid
January 8th, 2011, 09:04 PM
And with the Seahawks winning...comeon! What a weekend for Washington football. What another great game today. Go 'Hawks!!!

SoCon48
January 8th, 2011, 09:05 PM
CAA folks are regularly accused of being arrogant with the UD fans being the worst of the bunch. Here are the Mr. Spock reasons, non-emotional/sheer logic, UD will be victorious.

1. Mistake free offensive football. Devlin rarely throws an interception. When in the lead, UD reverts to a run game that is not specatcular but plenty talented to keep the other teams offense off the field. Refer to both semi-finals losses for evidence of this assertion.

2. Defensive lock down. In the past 8 quarters of football there has been 1 touchdown scored vs UD against two pretty good football teams. We give up more on the ground than in the air. Pass defense has been outstanding, another reason that if UD gets up early, they will be very hard to beat in a comeback.

3. UD is very healthy & well-rested. The most recent injuries to two of our wide-recievers (Mackey & Crosby) may keep them both from playing in the NC game but the stable of WR's is deep enough to compensate. Throwing to the RB's out of the backfield or in the slot is another compensation for the losses. I'm not aware of anyone else on the two-deep chart that could miss the game.

The more emotional/subjective issues of disparaging the Big Sky, strength of schedule, common opponents etc will largely be irrelevant.

Lots of other henfans are football smarter than I, but I see these three as the primary factors in the NC.

How did that work out for you TR?

bulldog
January 8th, 2011, 11:02 PM
No doubt they kicked our @ss up and down the field in the first half. My post was only tongue in cheek to Cowboy, who unlike the majority of the Delaware fan base, is an arrogant prick. You sound like a bitter ECB fan. Great company to keep. xsmileyclapx

No go. I don't even know what an ECB is. I am a JMU alum/fan. Cowboy is no pal o mine. Delaware is the most hated team in our conference. We hear they have plans to move up, so we are having a bake sale to try to get them there. Want to buy some cookies?

You guys deserve a ton of credit and props. I have to admit I am surprised you did it but thank you for shutting the Chickens up. That clucking crap was starting to drive me insane.

Coaching is the difference. Your coaches adjusted at halftime and Keeler bent over and took it up the wazoo. Think deer/headlights.

srgrizizen
January 9th, 2011, 03:57 PM
No go. I don't even know what an ECB is. I am a JMU alum/fan. Cowboy is no pal o mine. Delaware is the most hated team in our conference. We hear they have plans to move up, so we are having a bake sale to try to get them there. Want to buy some cookies?

You guys deserve a ton of credit and props. I have to admit I am surprised you did it but thank you for shutting the Chickens up. That clucking crap was starting to drive me insane.

Coaching is the difference. Your coaches adjusted at halftime and Keeler bent over and took it up the wazoo. Think deer/headlights.

Good post Bulldog. I think you have to cut Screaming_Eagle some slack. He and I were both provoked by Cowboy to the point of becoming a little less restrained than normal, and I'm not even a EWU fan (at least not when they're playing us). I know the past success of the Griz has brought out a few arrogant and obnoxious UM fans, too, and they are not representative of the whole any more than Cowboy is. EWU has been chasing the Griz for many years, and now that they've broken through, they're entitled to some crowing. At least for awhile -- until they win so much that they become the Yankees, Exxon, CAA, etc.