PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Moats Ends Brett Favre's Starting Streak

jmufan
December 13th, 2010, 06:09 PM
Congrats to former JMU defensive player Arthur Moats for ending Brett Favre's starting sreak. Way to represent the FCS and the CAA.

citdog
December 13th, 2010, 06:25 PM
Congrats to former JMU defensive player Arthur Moats for ending Brett Favre's starting sreak. Way to represent the FCS and the CAA.

Celebrating someone getting hurt is in VERY poor taste.

jmufan
December 13th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Really? Isn't football about tackling the other guy? Aren't players suppose to tackle? Its one thing if it was a dirty hit, etc... But it was a good clean hit.

EDIT: BTW citdog, no one celebrates when a player gets hurt, but players almost always celebrate when they put a big hit on a player. Also, every football players knows the dangers of playing football, so they play at their own risk. So I guess we should just start playing flag football, at least then, no one player can celebrate putting a big hit on a player anymore.

citdog
December 13th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Really? Isn't football about tackling the other guy? Aren't players suppose to tackle? Its one thing if it was a dirty hit, etc... But it was a good clean hit.

EDIT: BTW citdog, no one celebrates when a player gets hurt, but players almost always celebrate when they put a big hit on a player. Also, every football players knows the dangers of playing football, so they play at their own risk. So I guess we should just start playing flag football, at least then, no one player can celebrate putting a big hit on a player anymore.

i was speaking of you starting a congrats thread over someone getting hurt. YOUR thread, not the hit, is in VERY poor taste.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Congrats to Moats for his NFL success, but not for knocking Farve out of the game. Gotta go with 'citdog' on this one. Go CAA.

jmufan
December 13th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Maybe the way I worded it made it sounded bad, okay, I will give you that, i wasn't "celebrating" that Brett Favre got hurt as some may take it. Just a poor selection of how it was worded. But at the same time, I guess you should also get after all the tweeters and sports shows for making it a big deal, because they sure are loving the fact that he got hurt and now they are able to exploit his injury and the streak ending.

TwoFeathers
December 13th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Is Moats starting? And for who? He and Adrian Tracy (W&M) ruled the CAA defense last year!

jmufan
December 13th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I think Cleveland was his first start, the others he wasn't a starter, but don't quote me on that.