PDA

View Full Version : Delaware vs Lehigh

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
AP 2nd fumble for the day. Lehigh ball.

turn1979
December 4th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Why get conservative on offense UD? Keep the foot on the pedal.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:59 PM
4th down and Goal TO Lehigh. 6:54 left. UD 42-20. Lehigh needs this for a chance make this a game. .

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 02:00 PM
UD D holds. UD ball.

turn1979
December 4th, 2010, 02:02 PM
so far Delaware defense has gotten 2 Interceptions, but

has allowed 33 completitions for 347 yards and 2 passing TD's

49-20 4th

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 02:07 PM
So when will thefan admit that that he is a total idiot, Thefan said that Delaware would not get more than 80 yards rushing. UD is gettin more than this from their backup!!!!.

Thefan is proving that he is a total dumbkopf. Delaware proves once again that Lehigh is a subpar opponent.

turn1979
December 4th, 2010, 02:08 PM

42-20

Lehigh 23 yards rushing

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Will Lum have another INT to end the game?

heath
December 4th, 2010, 02:11 PM

HUH,?They wouldn't give a crap if they allowed 50 completions for 600 yards if they win, and Lum would trade all his yards and completions for a 'W'. Take your stat sheet and put it in your purse and just look at the SCOREBOARD,huh?oops etc

Chemhen
Delawar will win this game

with 2:20 to go and Lehigh with the ball, the only question is:

Will Lum pass for over 400 yards against Delaware?

Is Lum a Senior?

Nebuta
42-20 UD wins. UNH up 35-14 in the 4th. CAA continues to flex its muscle.

turn1979
Lehigh 0-3 against the CAA this year.

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 02:12 PM
Lehigh congrats on a terrific season!!! Way to represent the Patriot league well!! Nice win at UNI!!!

TheValleyRaider
December 4th, 2010, 02:18 PM
PL season ends, tough loss to a good Delaware team :(

Good season Lehigh xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

heath
December 4th, 2010, 02:20 PM
Lehigh 0-3 against the CAA this year.

a big OOPS!

maristdb89
December 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Good win for Delaware.

Congrats to Lehigh for a great year.

Go...gate
December 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Congratulations to Lehigh on a great season. Good luck to UD the rest of the playoffs.

Go...gate
December 4th, 2010, 04:28 PM
What was Joe Paterno thinking letting Devlin get away? He looks pretty good to me.

LehighGuy
December 4th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Nice job Lehigh, unfortunately we got beat by a better team today. Also, congratulation to Delaware on having the most ignorant classless fans in 1-AA football.

BIGHEN
December 4th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Nice job Lehigh, unfortunately we got beat by a better team today. Also, congratulation to Delaware on having the most ignorant classless fans in 1-AA football.

look back at this entire thread and see if you can figure out who the "ignorant classless fans" are.

LehighGuy
December 4th, 2010, 05:18 PM
look back at this entire thread and see if you can figure out who the "ignorant classless fans" are.

If you're trying to compare some internet message board rhetoric with scores of pathetic, drunken, middle-aged men screaming obscenities and other derogatory things at other fans....try again.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2010, 05:26 PM
Good win for the Hens today, nice to see us finally throw downfield. Pass D in the first half was not good, even though the 1st TD drive should have never crossed midfield but I'll save MEAC officials for later.

Yo Briggsy, where was that Lehigh D today, there is a speed difference out there and you saw a guy that'll be drafted at QB. Pierce and Hayes ran well for the good part, though AP has to secure the damn ball.

UNH next week...this one scares me.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Just got home from the game - it was a doozy.

Delaware's offense was ridiculous but it looked for a half like we might hang with them. Take away an underthrown wide open WR in the end zone and it's 21-17 at halftime instead of 21-13.

Not that it would have mattered much, because once Delaware's defense figured out where we were going and flexed it's muscles, it was all down hill from there, the third quarter was a 21-0 romp and it was pretty much all over. Heck of a good squad there.

Some quick thoughts on the game...
The score was a blowout for sure, but for those who watched the whole thing (or at least until 8 minutes left when most of us left), it could very easily have gone Lehigh's way. I'm sure there are guys on the team (both sides of the ball) who are kicking themselves tonight. There were two TD's that should have happened (one underthrown, one through the hands) that ended up being one FG. There were a slew of missed tackles that could have stopped drives that instead ended up being TD drives.

I also don't usually criticize coaching decisions, but I would have gone onside kick after we made it 42-20. Reality was, we hadn't stopped them all game, so we basically needed 4 straight successful onsides kicks to have a chance (so, you're saying there's a chance) and losing 49-20 (or 56-20) isn't any different outcome than 42-20, so why not go for it there. As it turned out, Delaware got a huge return, and had the ball about 5 yards behind where they would have recovered the onside kick, so it made me like the call even less!

Heck of a punt by Delaware - 75 yards in the air I think? Lehigh went three and out on that series and our punt ended up 25 yards short of where their previous drive ended. Talk about Special Teams helping to win the game. Wow.

Devlin is good. Real good. I'll be interested to see how he does when his receivers aren't wide open - heck of a job by them getting that way, and him for finding the right one it seemed like every single time.

At the end of the day, Delaware is clearly the better team. But for those that thought Lehigh didn't have a chance, they were wrong. I'm sure the UD fans weren't worried at any point in the game today, but I think they were lucky they didn't get unlucky (yes, I'm saying it would have taken luck for Lehigh to win - but by keeping themselves close they gave themselves the chance to get lucky).

The only Delaware fans I talked to were nice to me - hopefully this thread won't devolve into a "your fans are bigger idiots than our fans" discussion, because we've all got them. I will say, the middle aged dude with no shirt on should know better. It was cold out there! I almost bought a UD sweatshirt at halftime because I was so cold (I'm kidding, but if I was at Lehigh, I definitely would have bought one. And yes, I'm a huge wimp).

Good luck next week and throughout the tourny.

Gordon Shumway
December 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Good win for the Hens today, nice to see us finally throw downfield. Pass D in the first half was not good, even though the 1st TD drive should have never crossed midfield but I'll save MEAC officials for later.

Yo Briggsy, where was that Lehigh D today, there is a speed difference out there and you saw a guy that'll be drafted at QB. Pierce and Hayes ran well for the good part, though AP has to secure the damn ball.

UNH next week...this one scares me.

Should be a good one. I hope Toman and Peters are able to play, but if they can't, they can't. No excuses this time of the year.

RichH2
December 4th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Heck of a game. Congratulations to UD they were certainly the better team. Devlin is phenominal. LU had enuf chances to make it a closer game .2 bad passes into the endzone come to mind but no complaints we had a great year. We did not lose this game we got beat by a better team. Good luck in the playoffs.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Say, TheFan.

Where are all those "crazed Lehigh linebackers" that were going to pressure and rattle Devlin all day?

Where where those great WRs?

How about the 80 yards rushing you were going to give up to Delaware (Pierce had 88 by himself)

How about that 28-14 prediction?

HOW'D THAT WORK OUT? OOPS!

BYE (and apologies to the good Lehigh fans)

proasu89
December 4th, 2010, 06:11 PM
What is the tailgating set up at Newark?

Is there a designated area?

RV parking?

Anybody ever give you an answer?

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 06:32 PM
One thing I was surprised about was the poor attendance today - I figured it'd be much closer to sold out.

GannonFan
December 4th, 2010, 06:45 PM
One thing I was surprised about was the poor attendance today - I figured it'd be much closer to sold out.

The game was the highest attended game of all the playoff games today, including Appy St. And it was only less than 1k shy of the 2000 Lehigh/UD game where Lehigh came in with a much better perceived chance of winning. Playoff football is always poorly attended outside of Missoula.

'Gate93
December 4th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Another PL playoff loss at the hands of Delaware. We will never beat such a talented team. Can't believe the transfers they get - just incredible.
Good luck in the playoffs.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 06:48 PM

Yeah, I was kinda suprised, but then again my buddy said it was chilly out there.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 06:51 PM

How is that?

Dblue
December 4th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Congrats Lehigh, representred the Patriot well. xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
December 4th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Congrats to the Lehigh players. This team continued to shock and impress me as they have done all year. Lum played a hell of a game in the first half. It was fairly obvious that Lehigh wasn't going to be able to stop Devlin and Co. Pierce made a great play causing a fumble to give Lehigh some MO, but then the FB drops a pass in the end zone. I was extremely disappointed in Lehigh's play calling in the 2nd half. They got conservative in my opinion. I would of basically completely gave up on the running game. I hated the roll out pass on 3rd and then the screen on 4th during the drive in mid 3rd Q. You have to throw it past the sticks on 4th down. Also, a reverse run? Seriously? As if we have team speed over Del. When Lehigh had the ball on their own 7, they run a toss? Christ. Congrats to UD. I expect to see them in the Finals.

LehighFan11
December 4th, 2010, 07:03 PM
The only Delaware fans I talked to were nice to me - hopefully this thread won't devolve into a "your fans are bigger idiots than our fans" discussion, because we've all got them. I will say, the middle aged dude with no shirt on should know better. It was cold out there! I almost bought a UD sweatshirt at halftime because I was so cold (I'm kidding, but if I was at Lehigh, I definitely would have bought one. And yes, I'm a huge wimp).

Good luck next week and throughout the tourny.

Some of the UD fans were unreal. That dude without a shirt and some of his buddies were complete toolbags. I loved the dude who felt compelled to chant Le-High-School. I've always wanted to meet a person who scored the bare minimum 400 on the SATs, and **** I think I meet him today.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Lehigh still lost.

Congrats, you've lost more CAA games than Delaware has all year.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Some of the UD fans were unreal. That dude without a shirt and some of his buddies were complete toolbags. I loved the dude who felt compelled to chant Le-High-School. I've always wanted to meet a person who scored the bare minimum 400 on the SATs, and **** I think I meet him today.

Well said.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 07:46 PM
so cowboy, when you claimed that it was going to be a long day for the Lehigh Offense, pointing to the average first downs obtained against CAA teams, are you talking about this?

Lehigh Offense against Delaware (a CAA team)
391 - Total Offense
25 - First Downs
20 - Points

42-20. Thanks.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 07:49 PM
194 rushing yards on that great Lehigh defense that was supposed to give up less than 80.

Lehigh's offense a measly 3-12 on 3rd down.

That great Lehigh that was going to pressure Devlin all game long: 2 sacks.

Oh, and by the way, Lehigh still lost.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2010, 07:50 PM
TheFan, dude, you never cease to amaze. You got rolled today. LU did a good job in the 1st qtr of bottling the run, but once Devlin got rolling those run holes just got bigger.

If you're happy with a 22-point loss well have at it. Once UD went up 42-13 they just went conservative and focused on staying healthy for next week.

To LU's credit I think they're passing game in the 1st half was pretty good and the OL did a good job of standing UD's DL up. They didn't have the same success in the 2nd half.

For all the talk on LU's D, well I just didn't see it. Really slow DB's. We don't have fast WR's but they looked fast out there today and UD threw more downfield than normal to exploit it. It's a middle of the road to less than CAA D.

And the officials, man oh man, if I was a MEAC fan my life expectancy would get cut in half. The phantom PI call on Walters on LU's 1st drive was right in front of me. And the head ref needs a refresher course on what exactly a horsecollar tackle is b/c MM's tackle wasn't one when I saw it live and on the replay. Kudos to KC for not getting a flag thrown on him b/c I thought he was gonna kill somebody. What it did do is draw the ire of the crowd and made it easy for the fans to be loud and rowdy.

Briggsy- take your loss and enjoy your PL championship and hope for another one next season, but this time of year is our time. Bring on UNH!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Lehigh still lost.

Congrats, you've lost more CAA games than Delaware has all year.

Until next week xsmiley_wix

UD's a darn good team but i don't see their defense being good enough to win a national title. I think UNH gets them next week. With that said the CAA and SoCon is so much better than everyone else. Just a completely different level.

Lehigh had their chances but couldn't be "perfect" enough to win. The 3rd and 2 call on the opening drive of the second half completely changed the game. You can't make that call against a team like UD. It never had a chance. After that Lehigh panicked for about a 7 minute period and the game is over.

Hopefully the next time these teams meet scholarships will ramped up and and Lehigh will field a team that is on par with the CAA. As it is I don't doubt for a second Lehigh could have beaten a lot the teams playing today.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 07:55 PM
You could be right about UNH winning next week, but that doesn't change the fact that after a week of smack, Lehigh LOST.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:01 PM
In the 2nd half Lum completed 16 passes for 164 yards.

Ouch.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 08:05 PM
In the 2nd half Lum completed 16 passes for 164 yards.

Ouch.

Both teams pass defenses were dreadful. Poor coverage, coverage breakdowns just a complete disaster. Credit both passing offenses of course. What will help UD is the fact there really isn't a big time throwing team left if they can get by UNH.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
It seemed like to me Delaware kind of clamped down a little bit in the 2nd half.

Edit: Can you really be shocked when a team throws the ball 58 times that eventually they're going to put up some numbers? You can't expect a secondary to knock down 58 passes.

LUHawker
December 4th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Congrats to the Blue Hens - nice victory today. QB play was the biggest difference in my eyes. Lehigh had its chances but didn't play the perfect game, which they needed to do to win. UD took away LU's biggest receiving threat and speed to the outside was in UD's favor. Great atmosphere for the game. Until later in the game, Lehigh's run defense held, but the long pass play was it's Achilles heal. Interestingly, special teams, which I thought would be in Lehigh's favor, definitely went to the hens.

All that said, it was a great season for LU and believe Lehigh is well set up for a return run next year. UD just seems tl reload. Expectations among us Patriot League followers are that scholarships in some form are coming, which will help narrow the gap with the UDs of the world.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
cowboy, when you ask about the Lehigh linebackers are you talking about these guys?

Lehigh Linebackers
Pierce - 13 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 1 BrUP
Groome - 13 tackles, 1 TFl, 1 QB sack, 1 FF
Newton - 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 QB sack

31 tackles, 2 QB sacks, 3 TFL, 2 FF, 1 BrUp just for these 3 lehigh linebackers

And all 3 are returning their equipment and cleaning out their lockers on Sunday.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Devlin's good but he's no better than Randolph or Skelton imo. In fact i'm not sure if he's quite as good as either of those guys when you consider the talent around him. From what i gather he'll be a late rounder or FA?

I thought Lum was pretty good but he locks on to his wr's way too much which causes some forces. He got away with it for most of the day which is pretty amazing. I expect him to be very good next year assuming the OL can be sured up. He's going to have a great group of wr's to work with.

There needs to be a running game. That has to be priority #1.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Huh? Just grab your beer and popcorn and watch the draft, Devlin will most likely go rounds 3-4.

Free agent?? Yea, I'll take that action.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Devlin's good but he's no better than Randolph or Skelton imo. In fact i'm not sure if he's quite as good as either of those guys when you consider the talent around him. From what i gather he'll be a late rounder or FA?

I don't know who Randolph or Skeleton even are. Only that Skeleton was a late round pick who's about 6'7" out of Fordham.

The projection appears to be 3rd rounder, and the 6th best QB in the draft.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Huh? Just grab your beer and popcorn and watch the draft, Devlin will most likely go rounds 3-4.

What draft sites are you using for the rounds 3-4?

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Please see your PM.

I would think it would be easier to take the loss if you figure that you lost to a guy that's probably in the NFL next year.

Go...gate
December 4th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Another PL playoff loss at the hands of Delaware. We will never beat such a talented team. Can't believe the transfers they get - just incredible.
Good luck in the playoffs.

That is a very good club. And Colgate certainly has not, to date, figured out how to beat them. But never seems like a very long time.

turn1979
December 4th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Some stats for TheFan:

Devlin 7 incompletions
Lum 23 incompletions

Devlin 0 INT's
Lum 2 INT's

UD 6.9 yards per play
Lehigh 4.9 yards per play

UD 450 total yards
Lehigh 391 total yards

And the only stat that matters:
UD 42 Lehigh 20

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Please see your PM.

I would think it would be easier to take the loss if you figure that you lost to a guy that's probably in the NFL next year.

It'll be interesting to see where he goes. Newton and Moore don't show up on many draft boards but most people believe they're going to get drafted higher than they should. Also, is Keenum a Sr? Or is he getting a redshirt? If i were a betting man i say Devlin ends up somewhere between 4-6. Bottom line it comes down to teams needs.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:39 PM
cowboy, thanks for admitting that Lehigh, a team from the Patriot League, during the second half of the game passed against Delaware at the rate of 32 completions and 328 yards per game..

are you trying to make a statement here, or are you really an anti-Delaware fan that continues to show its lack of passing defense.

Lehigh still LOST

Oldhen
December 4th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Kudos to Lehigh. They came to play. Lum had a career day. Team was well-coached and well-disciplined, and wore out against a group that was more talented and deeper.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:43 PM
73% completion for Devlin vs, 60% for Lum (who threw as many picks today as Devlin has all season).

Where's that great rushing D and aggressive defense that was going to pressure Devlin?

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:46 PM
Northern Iowa 251 total yards on Lehigh's defense. 7 points. Delaware had 450. 42 points.

LehighU1995
December 4th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Hey folks- Just got home from the game. Congrats to UD. UD was definitely the better team and they deserved the win. I was sitting with some die-hard UD fans who go to every game and the one thing that they kept saying during and after the game was that they have not seen any team move the ball up and down the field as well as Lehigh did today. I have not seen much of UD this year personally, so I cannot validate that comment myself, but thought I'd throw it out for you UD faithful to get your thoughts. They did say that they now fear there is a blueprint for other teams to follow, so that was the only rain on their parade today, so to speak.

While 42-20 is certainly a rout, Lehigh made some big mistakes, which kept the gaming from being much closer, which they could not afford to do against a deeper, faster, and more talented team. The awful INT at the end of the 1st half probably cost Lehigh a field goal. There was the dropped TD in the first half that ended up being a FG. Then early in the fourth quarter after the UD fumble, Lum threw a beautiful bomb to Spadola who simply dropped the ball. Lehigh ended up turning the ball over later on the drive. If Spadola catches the TD, it is 42-27, and it could have been an interesting finish. Throw in the "wasted" 7 points I mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph and it could have been 42-34 at that point. At least it would have been an entertaining last 10 minutes of the game!

I also thought Lum had a bunch of chances to run the ball. The Lehigh o-line did a nice job of pass protection and, often, the middle of the field was wide open with UD in man coverage. He often forced the ball into ill-advised places when he easily could have been picking up 7+ yards a play with his feet.

Defensively, LU could just not get any real pressure on Devlin. That was the true recipe for disaster in this game.

Overall, I'm proud that Lehigh played hard and had some moments. I look forward to watching UD next week and wish them and their fans the best.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:50 PM
I thought Delaware's defense played much better in the 2nd half...

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oldhen, unfortunately for Lehigh, Lum had to throw zero interceptions for Lehigh to have a chance against this great Delaware team. My guess is that he will be more refined in choosing his targets next year, particularly with all except one of the receivers coming back.

Not giving up 42 points might have helped, too.

hawkineer
December 4th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Oldhen, unfortunately for Lehigh, Lum had to throw zero interceptions for Lehigh to have a chance against this great Delaware team. My guess is that he will be more refined in choosing his targets next year, particularly will all except one of the receivers coming back.

Given the fact that Lum had absolutely no running game to take some pressure off him, his performance today was not the reason Lehigh lost. His interception before half was a do or die pass. The clock was running out and he had to force the issue. The only complaint on Lum was that he starting locking on his primary receiver the second half and forcing some things. He also made some very good throws and had two critical drops for TDs.

I think that, even without any interceptions, Lehigh would have needed a break or two on defense and most importantly some semblance of a running game to have won today.

GreatAppSt
December 4th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Way to go Hens!!xnodxxnodx

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Lum's 2 interceptions are not even in the top 5 reasons as to why Lehigh lost the game today.

How about

1) No running game
2) No team speed
3) Giving up 42 points
4) Not putting pressure on Devlin
5) Not capitalizing on Delaware turnovers
6) Not being able to stop the Delaware WRs
7) Not blitzing more often
8) Simply running out of gas
9) Dropped passes
10) Allowing 196 yards rushing and 450 in total

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Given the fact that Lum had absolutely no running game to take some pressure off him, his performance today was not the reason Lehigh lost. His interception before half was a do or die pass. The clock was running out and he had to force the issue. The only complaint on Lum was that he starting locking on his primary receiver the second half and forcing some things. He also made some very good throws and had two critical drops for TDs.

I think that, even without any interceptions, Lehigh would have needed a break or two on defense and most importantly some semblance of a running game to have won today.

Actually, I thought the end of the half play call wasn't a good one. I'm assuming we weren't in field goal range yet, and Lum wasn't throwing a good deep ball early (maybe that was all year too), so I would have looked to throw a pass down in the range of the 5 yard line and hope to get into the end zone with some YAC. There would have been time there to call timeout and kick the short field goal and make it 21-16 OR take a "do or die" shot at the end zone with no time on the clock and hope to get in.

In the second half I was absolutely shocked that one of those floating out passes didn't turn into a Pick 6. On some of them, I felt like I had time to run out on the field and catch it.

turn1979
December 4th, 2010, 09:02 PM
turn1979, thanks for your "brainiac" stats on the incompletions and Interceptions....

based on these measures that you posted it seems that Lehigh's QB Colvin would be much better than Devlin, don't you think?

Devlin - 7 Incompletions
Colvin - 0 Incompletions

Devlin - 0 Interceptions
Colvin - 0 Interceptions

Wow!! You finally get it. My point was how all these numbers you post mean nothing! The only thing that does matter is UD 42 Lehigh 20.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 09:07 PM
One funny line I need to share today. There was a play that Devlin missed a receiver down the middle, that my friend described as:

"There's open, there's Wide Open, and then there's THAT"

I'm not sure I've ever seen a player more open than that guy was on that play. It didn't cost UD anything as they scored a TD later in the drive, but WOW was that guy open.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 09:16 PM
What's done is done, i don't know why people keeping talking about history at this point. UD was definitely the better team, so Lehigh was not a Top 5-6 team this year, owell. However, Lehigh did not get run off the field. I will say with confidence the Hawks became a legitimate Top 15 team by the end of the year. They finally got back to the point again where they could beat 92-95% of the teams in FCS. Unfortunately for them the last 5-8% is a real you know what. Now the question is can the maintain it and who else in the league is going to step up next year in the fight for national respect.

The PL always ends up playing the best of the best in the playoffs, '98 Umass Champs (Lehigh), '01 Furman, runner-up (Lehigh) '03 UD, Champs (Colgate), '04 JMU Champs(Lehigh), '05 App State, Champs(Lafayette), '06 Umass, runner-up(Lafayette), '09 'Nova, Champs(HC), '10 UD??

Lehigh plays UNH, Liberty, Yale @ Monmouth and @ CCSU next year. They will once against be tested in the OOC which should help them once league play starts.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Actually, I thought the end of the half play call wasn't a good one. I'm assuming we weren't in field goal range yet, and Lum wasn't throwing a good deep ball early (maybe that was all year too), so I would have looked to throw a pass down in the range of the 5 yard line and hope to get into the end zone with some YAC. There would have been time there to call timeout and kick the short field goal and make it 21-16 OR take a "do or die" shot at the end zone with no time on the clock and hope to get in.

In the second half I was absolutely shocked that one of those floating out passes didn't turn into a Pick 6. On some of them, I felt like I had time to run out on the field and catch it.

Why did they come out on the opposing drive of the 2nd half and run it on 2nd and 3rd down when they had success with the pass?

fball27
December 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Glad to see Lehigh had a good first half. With that being said, the turning point was the int before the half. Congrats to Delaware, much deserved win.

bluehenbillk
December 4th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Thanks Eric - sorry I missed your call, olaying FB with my 3 year old in the basement - maybe we'll meet up in Frisco if your guys do their part. I'm there if the Hens are.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 09:49 PM
turn1979, actually the point was that the figures that you posted are the ones that mean absolutely nothing

to state that a player had a better game than another because he threw for less incompletions has no meaning unless you also look at the number of passes thrown...

but hey, you are one of those Delaware fans with less than 400 SAT scores, so

nevermind

Lehigh still lost.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Why did they come out on the opposing drive of the 2nd half and run it on 2nd and 3rd down when they had success with the pass?

I gotta believe they were trying to have a little more balance in the offense... of course I didn't see the start of the second half because I was on the longest men's room line I've ever seen. I literally spent the entire half time walking to the bathroom, relieving myself against the wall, and then walking back to my seat. By the time I got back, it was 4th down!

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 10:23 PM
That's why you should have gone to the bathroom right behind the scoreboard in the north endzone that rarely has a line.

This kind of advice would have probably come up if 112.5 pages weren't arguments about statistics.

superman7515
December 4th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I gotta believe they were trying to have a little more balance in the offense... of course I didn't see the start of the second half because I was on the longest men's room line I've ever seen. I literally spent the entire half time walking to the bathroom, relieving myself against the wall, and then walking back to my seat. By the time I got back, it was 4th down!

Were you in there when the guy got head-butted right in the face? Wow.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Were you in there when the guy got head-butted right in the face? Wow.

Head-butted? No I missed that one. I will say, I've never seen so many people in a bathroom at once.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2010, 10:52 PM

First rounder. Devlin won't be an NFL secret for long.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2010, 10:54 PM

I had no problem with that play call at all. Spadola was open - I think the pass was batted down by the wind, which Lum was passing into. Even then Walters made a great play on it, too. They needed the TD there, not a really long FG attempt.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 4th, 2010, 10:55 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/lehigh-20-delaware-42-final.html

My recap. Hats off to Delaware, you guys have a great football team this year. I think you guys might be going to Frisco.

You'll like the recap, Delaware fans.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I had no problem with that play call at all. Spadola was open - I think the pass was batted down by the wind, which Lum was passing into. Even then Walters made a great play on it, too. They needed the TD there, not a really long FG attempt.

That's right, it was too windy for him to reach the end zone. Didn't need a long attempt, they should have been trying to get close enough to have a chance to run it in on the initial pass, or to kick a short FG, or try to throw it in the end zone one more time. Given that they were getting the ball back to start the 2nd half, they had a golden opportunity to get close, get points then get more on the opening drive of the 2nd half to take the lead

fball27
December 4th, 2010, 11:14 PM
First rounder. Devlin won't be an NFL secret for long.

Devlin is no NFL secret. It's a shame he backed out of the Miami deal to go to Penn State. Even though there's still controversy over who should have won the starting qb position, Paterno needs his head examined for letting Devlin slip. Neither Clark nor Devlin would have left the program if the position was shared. He left Pat with no choice. With that being said, Devlin should go no later than the fouth round in the draft.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Do you have anything of substance to contribute besides posting statistics?

The only points that matter, 42-20.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:38 PM
How's this.

LEHIGH STILL LOST.

How's that win streak and bold prediction look now? How'd that work out? oops!

pitpen
December 4th, 2010, 11:40 PM
cowboy, sure no problem, how is this:

by the way some interesting stats regarding throwing into the wind

Points Scored by both teams considering the wind factor
55 - Team has the ball in direction of the wind
7 - Team has the ball against the wind

I've got a great statistic:

Team that one won the toss: Lehigh. Way to ride that to an advantage.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:40 PM
All the statistics in the world won't change the fact 42 is more than 20.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 4th, 2010, 11:42 PM
This thread just needs to die....

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:43 PM
CAA points allowed by Lehigh: 108.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:50 PM
I would give you a prediction for Lehigh's next game, but they play nobody because THEY LOST.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:52 PM
Even if you change the font color Lehigh still lost.

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 11:55 PM
cowboy, speaking of predictions, how is this?

Univ. of New Hampshire - 48
Delaware - 30

You made a prediction of 28-14 for the game.

HOW'D THAT WORK OUT?

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Lehigh still lost, even if you keep posting the same statistics over and over and over.

fball27
December 5th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Delaware - 30

I think the score will be much closer with NH taking it and least I hope so.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 12:08 AM
Some gems of the week:

I am saying that Lehigh is going to beat Delware tomorrow

so live with it

and

come back to apologize for your stupidity tomorrow night...

cowboy, you are correct

you are not Northern Iowa
you are not Villanova
you are not Wiliam and Mary

but

you are still going to lose to Lehigh this weekend

If Lehigh plays like they did vs UNI, then Devlin would be sacked about ten times and throw 5 interceptions as Lehigh blocks every FG and PAT attempt of Delaware

Oldhen, you will be surprised at how much the crazed-out Lehigh Linebackers are going to affect the throwing accuracy of Devlin. It will be a game like none other that you have seen this year played...

Prediction on Delaware Rushing Yardage against Lehigh

+50 - RB Pierce
+40 - All other Delaware RB's
-10 - QB Devlin
+80 - Net Rushing Yards

what happens if Lehigh holds Delaware to under 490 yards per game?

Lum > Devlin (with four star Lehigh linebackers chasing him all day)

Lehigh will sack Devlin at least 4 times and hurry him another 7 times...Devlin will throw an Interception or two in the process and will be banged-up after all the...

The Lehigh defense got 4 sacks on the UNI QB's and pressured them all day. Can you imagine what they are going to do to the Delaware QB's that don't have any where near the mobility of the UNI QB's?...

cowboy, just pay attention to how Lehigh is going to shut down your rushing game and harrass your QB during that whole game....

good luck there...

cowboy, what Delaware freshman running back are you talking about?

the one that is going to rush for less than 50 yards against Lehigh on Saturday?

that freshman running back?

Oldhen, thanks for admitting that a team with a good rush defense, like Villanova and W&M, can beat Delaware...

say, how does Lehigh's rush defense compare to W&M, by the way?

pitpen
December 5th, 2010, 12:17 AM
Delaware Defense against team from weak Patriot League:
allowed 391 yards Total Offense
allowed 362 yards Passing
allowed 35 pass completions
allowed 2 passing TD's
allowed 25 First downs
allowed 20 Points

Negative rushing yards in the first half...

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 12:19 AM
He just happens to ignore the fact his QB only had about 165 in the 2nd half and something like 29 rushing yards the entire game.

How'd that work out?

Because Lehigh LOST.

oops.

Maybe he meant Lehigh would stop Pierce to only 80 yards. Oh wait, HOW DID THAT WORK OUT?

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Delaware - 30

This is absurd. UNH vs. UD will be a tight match. There is no way UNH scores 48 on UD when we only scored 45 on BCU....If I am wrong (crush me)

Mattymc727
December 5th, 2010, 01:05 AM
UNHFAn, Delaware gave up 391 yards Total Offense, 25 First Downs and 20 points to a Patriot League team. The same Patriot League that the crazed-out Delaware fan "cowboy" claims is a very weak league. So how many yards and points do you think that the weak Delaware defense would give up on the Mighty UHN offense?

I dont think UNH has a mighty offense. I think we will put up similar numbers as Lehigh, but does that translate to 48 points? I dont think so, especially if it translated to 20 points for lehigh. If you watched the whole game (UD/Lehigh) and think differently than great (I really hope you are right), but I dont think you can infer that score. A UNH victory? yes there is a good chance, but 48 points? dont think so

cougarpines
December 5th, 2010, 06:22 AM
And let's not forget this gem:

TheFan Post subject: Bulletin Board Material- former Delaware Coach Tubby RaymondPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Posts: 111 What this former Delaware football coach has to say about Lehigh's football team:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthr ... ost1592211

"Similar rushing defenses, that's hilarious. You guys couldn't get the kind of talent either of those teams had on your team in a decade. "

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 06:45 AM
Why is this thread even going on?

LEHIGH LOST.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 06:53 AM
It's weird. They only let you advance in the playoffs if you win, not if you get a certain amount of yards. They only seem to count the score. 42-20.

Oh and by the way, Delaware had 450 yards, 42 points.

I don't think TheFan is a mature enough football fan to understand that just because one team did something against another team, it doesn't mean that another team will do it against another team.

Using his logic, New Hampshire LOST to Rhode Island and Maine. Delaware beat Rhode Island and Maine. So therefore Delaware will beat New Hampshire. xrotatehx

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 07:01 AM
So the two highest totals against Delaware, Delaware won each game by 17 and 22.

How'd all those yards work out for them? oops.

From the Delaware News Journal:

Lehigh's 391 yards of total offense were the second highest total compiled against Delaware this year, topped only by Massachusetts' 424 in a 45-27 Hen win Nov. 13.

"Throwing almost 60 passes helped," said Lehigh's All-American offensive tackle Will Rackley. "It's kind of bittersweet to put up 391 total yards but still lose by almost 20 points."

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 07:18 AM
I like how TheFan copy/pastes things from the GoHens website, but yet proclaims that he isn't Briggs.

cougarpines
December 5th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Since he likes stats, what does the following represent:

108 & 30

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Next week Lum's stats will be 0 for 0 passing, for 0 yards. But at least he won't throw an interception.

Doc QB
December 5th, 2010, 07:36 AM
BlueHen, Blukeys, Bluhenbllks, OldHen, AAdict congrats. Was fun sparring on the thread although it was difficult to cut through the BS stat crap from an alleged LU "fan" who keeps shooting his laptop off here. Stats...who the hell cares? Put it to rest already, you make the rest of us look like poor losers.

Devling is awesome. I don't think he was off target on any throw all day. His only incompletions were the few times he threw underneath and our backers or hard corners knocked the pass down. And he completed a bunch, too, even when guys were covered. Most importantly, when LU brought pressure and went man-to-man, UD reacted, line protected, LU didn't get to Devlin, WRs got a step, and he MADE the throw for TDs deep. Thats a lot of things that have to go right on a single play, UD did it more than once, did it well. Hats off, great offensive performance for sure.

I'm proud of LU. Nothing to drop your head about playing an elite team. Sure, we left a few plays out there and the refs gave us more than a few gifts, but we didnt capitalize on them, and not sure if it would have done anything but keep it closer, since they were second half when UD was rolling. Missing that pass in endzone early, and Lum throwing late to the open receiver at end of first half that led to int (he threw late into seam, guy was open after clearing LB, but late throw gave DB chance to make big play), those plays cost us a chance as it changes complexion of game going into locker room. Who knows after that? Scores like that are game changers when a big upset occurs, and we didnt make them.

Fun day overall in Newark. The UD fans around our LU tailgate were nice hosts. Shared a few shots and brats. A few came over (since our crew was moslty former players who, are actually still kinda larger than most fans...) asked if we were former players, found out we were, stayed awhile reminiscing with us. Good UD fans where we were, appreciated that very much. Look forward to any opportunity to come back.

Good luck UD, KC, Devlin and crew.

cruyf
December 5th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Great post Doc QB. We were tailgating in front of the stadium and had a number of Lehigh Players (I think) come out of the BOB and walk through the Gold Lot. Appeared to be taking in the parking lot playoff atmosphere. It is what FCS playoffs are about.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Devlin did miss on a wide open White, but then I think ended up scoring on the drive anyway.

I noticed that Delaware's defense tried to blitz and mix up coverages in the first half, but in doing so would leave the middle of the field pretty wide open. In the second half they found greater success when they instead played back and didn't allow the crossing patterns over the middle. And granted when they were up by 3 and 4 TDs they had the opportunity to sit back and try to make Lum beat them.

turn1979
December 5th, 2010, 10:15 AM
turn1979, actually the point was that the figures that you posted are the ones that mean absolutely nothing

to state that a player had a better game than another because he threw for less incompletions has no meaning unless you also look at the number of passes thrown...

but hey, you are one of those Delaware fans with less than 400 SAT scores, so

nevermind

Nevermind, you still don't get it. I'm gonna stop wasting my time.

cougarpines
December 5th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Wonder what his scores were. Must be less 400 as he still thinks Tubby is posting. Thats what you get when you think you are creating a "super race" and get inbreeding instead.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 10:38 AM
i guess i should let him know that i am not really a cowboy.

DJOM
December 5th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Lehigh --- congrats on a great season. See you in the fall.

RichH2
December 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
If we want this thread to die, we should take up a collection and get Cowboy and Fan a room. I think they are in love

blukeys
December 5th, 2010, 11:44 AM
If we want this thread to die, we should take up a collection and get Cowboy and Fan a room. I think they are in love

I would donate to get thefan a padded room.

charliej
December 5th, 2010, 11:49 AM

LOL...It did sorta remind me of my first marrage. ;)

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 11:50 AM
How many pages of statistics and irrelevant equations got thrown at you?

ngineer
December 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
I got home late from DE and then had too many ignored unfinished jobs for "She who must be obeyed", so didn't get a chance to offer my thoughts on the game. First, congrats to the Hens. A real, real good team. As expected, team speed was the major difference and it affected our defense approach.

We didn't get the pressure needed on a QB like Devlin. 5 seconds plus is way too much time with quick receivers. I think our DC made a decision to not blitz as much as they did against UNI feeling the need for more coverage and hoping enough pressure could be brought to bear. Unfortunately, you pick your poison.
One of the biggest plays, to me, was the great catch by DE on fourth and ten on the opening drive. The ball was perfectly placed, the Receiver was covered well, and the catch was fingertips. If that falls incomplete, no opening TD momentum and things stay tighter and possibly a bigger LU lead early on.
The INT before half was also huge. I would have gone shorter. With a TO remaining had a shot for a very makeable FG. UD was everywhere in the endzone waiting for that.
Of course, we knew running the ball would be nigh impossible. Though Lum could have run a bit more himself at times or used Colvin off tackle, but while the OL was very good in pass protection, run blocking was not there.
I am proud of the way our guys fought all the way. They didn't always execute the way they needed to, to keep in close in the third quarter. Some of the poor tacking looked to me caused by attempts at stripping the ball and not wrapping up.
Regardless, the outcome was pretty much as predicted. The more talented team won and that's the way it should be. I thought the refs were equally horrible, as usual for MEAC. Several ball placements after receivers caught and were tackled were placed 2-3 yard back from where forward progress was made. This happened for both teams. However, the horse collar was clear to me on the replay.
Good luck to the Hens against UNH. It should be a great, high scoring affair. Hopefully, the weather lets everyone play their game.
Lehigh has a great foundation to build off of this game. Virtually all skill guys return. While we lose some defensive stars, there are a lot of experienced juniors and sophs returning, as well as our kickers and punter. Improving the running game will be #1 priority with Barket and Sherman having a lot of potential. Looking forward to the Football dinner in February.

Chemhen
December 5th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Wow...its still going. Maybe...the both of them...are the same person.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 04:03 PM
The best part is that no matter how many stats you post, how much you hope Delaware loses against New Hampshire, no matter how much you will post how great it was your QB put up stats - even though being down by 3-4 TDs generally leads to padded stats. LEHIGH STILL LOST.

LEHIGH61
December 5th, 2010, 04:25 PM
What is your problem with Briggs and who is he?

LEHIGH61
December 5th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Briggs is neither The Fan or Briggs. It is laughable!

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 05:38 PM
so cowboy, are you also saying that the 205 yards that Lehigh had in total offense against Delaware in the first half were padded because Delaware was ahead by 3 TDs?

do you realize how moronic you sound here?

HALFTIME
Delaware - 21
Lehigh - 13

Passing
Devlin - 11/15, 158 yards, 2 TD's, 2 QB sacks
Lum - 19/27, 198 yards, 1 TD, 1 Int., 0 QB sacks (Int. on last play of half)

Rushing
Delaware - 19/53 yards, 2.8/rush (Pierce 37 yards on 11 rushes)
Lehigh - 10/7 yards, 0.7/rush

Total Offense
Delaware - 211 yards
Lehigh - 205 yards

Punts
Delaware - 1
Lehigh - 1

Turnovers
Delaware - 1 (fumble)
Lehigh - 1 (Int)

How'd that 2nd half work out for you?

Lehigh still lost.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I would fully expect you to thump your chest had Lehigh won, but why are you doing it now? Lehigh still lost.

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 06:19 PM
cowboy, Lehigh scored 20 points on Delaware's great defense

how did that work out with your projection of not scoring at all on Delaware, because, as you claimed Lehigh is from the weak Patriot League?

You do realize your team LOST by 22 points, right?

cowboy91
December 5th, 2010, 06:24 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/forums/emoticons/157/deadhorse.gif

cougarpines
December 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
Cowboy, admire your persistance but stop responding to this inbread nit wit. He will go away and make love to his slide rule. Couldn't get into Ud's engineering program and had to settle.

turn1979
December 5th, 2010, 07:16 PM
cowboy, Lehigh scored 20 points and was stopped inside the 20 and inside the 10 of Delaware....it easily could have been 34 points.

oops!

34 still loses to 42

YoUDeeMan
December 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM
cougar, ha!

now that is funny, The Fan's degrees are not from Lehigh, but I can assure you that TheFan's alma maters (undergraduate and graduate schools) are a magnitude above the level of Delaware on the academic level.

There is a difference between being smart and being a smart azz...especially when one's smart azz comments never rise above the level of an 8th grade school girl.

Some things never change.

cougarpines
December 6th, 2010, 05:03 AM
cougar, ha!

now that is funny, The Fan's degrees are not from Lehigh, but I can assure you that TheFan's alma maters (undergraduate and graduate schools) are a magnitude above the level of Delaware on the academic level.

Then act like it because you sure hide it well.

Regards,

Tubby

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2010, 05:55 AM
to the Farce - What are your boys gonna be doing Friday night at 8pm..... watching the Hens on ESPN2...thats what, enjoy the game

cougarpines
December 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Don't think that's my post but do you think that 29 yards on 20 rushing attempts may have had something to do with 59 passing attempts. Throw enough crap and some has to stick. Short underneath passes when the LB's cleared may accout for the avg. with most comming in the first half.

LEHIGH61
December 6th, 2010, 05:08 PM
Briggs_gohawks is a phony. BELIEVE ME, I KNOW WHO BRIGGS IS and he did not even post to the thread and certainly not the Hen thread

Nebuta
December 6th, 2010, 06:00 PM
When will this end??? Lets agree to disagree. The game is over. Lehigh had a great season. UD moves on. Lets get over it already. For the love of goodness, this thread will never end. Its like watching the Director's cut of Dances with Wolves. Please, just let it go.

cougarpines
December 6th, 2010, 06:12 PM
cougarpines, yes that was your post

and when say, "Short underneath passes", isn't that what Devlin has been doing most of the season?

and the "throw enough crap and some has to stick" are you talking about the 35 completions and 59% completion percentage against those wonderful DB of Delaware that you have been promoting all along?

oops!

Nit Wit , That's Lb Coverage. No wonder UD has 13 Rhodes Scholars and how many does LU have. Inbreeding has it's short comings. Please understand the game not the stats. Are you proud of 59%. Shoot low and you won't be disappointed. He really did complete 2 more albeit to UD. Net 6 yrds per completion. Certainly a juggernaut.Please go away your are really becoming a bore.

cougarpines
December 6th, 2010, 06:13 PM
When will this end??? Lets agree to disagree. The game is over. Lehigh had a great season. UD moves on. Lets get over it already. For the love of goodness, this thread will never end. Its like watching the Director's cut of Dances with Wolves. Please, just let it go.

Agree, I shouldn't be trying to make sense to anyone who thinks Tubby is posting

rbriggs_GOHAWKS
December 6th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Briggs_gohawks is a phony. BELIEVE ME, I KNOW WHO BRIGGS IS and he did not even post to the thread and certainly not the Hen thread
HOHOHOOOOHOOHOHOHHOOHHHOHO

bleedblue
December 6th, 2010, 08:42 PM
bleedblue, here is a thought:

Why don't you approach both seniors and the coach on Saturday on the field once Lehigh beats Delaware 28-17...it will be very interesting what they will have to say...

looking forward to you post on their response

Well I thought I would follow up for you, TheFan. It was to cold to stick around Saturday after the game but I did ask KC earlier today about how he feels about Lehigh now. He simply said, Lehigh does not matter. I would have asked the two seniors but they did not care about Lehigh before the game so I am guessing they don't care much about them now. Happy Holidays:)