PDA

View Full Version : Delaware vs Lehigh

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:00 PM
While we're at it, let's bring up the 2000 playoffs. How'd that work out? OOPS!

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 10:02 PM
Yes, and W&M completely blew out Delaware in their first matchup, right? W&M has a much, much tougher game, having the triple option.

No idea how much knowledge you have of the CAA, but clearly you weren't paying attention, as James Madison beat W&M doing nothing but running the football.

Stop whining. The only knowledge I need to know about that game is the final score that shows W&M won.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:07 PM
So one is whining when you say that your team lost a hard fought game by 1 point and you would welcome another game? Or the fact that nobody should be worried about 3rd round games when there's a ton of football to be played? If you don't even cheer for a I-AA team why are you here?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
History repeats itself almost 10 years to the day.

http://www.bluehens.com/sportsinfo/football/fb00-lehigh.html

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM
So one is whining when you say that your team lost a hard fought game by 1 point and you would welcome another game? Or the fact that nobody should be worried about 3rd round games when there's a ton of football to be played? If you don't even cheer for a I-AA team why are you here?

After reading your posts we'll have to agree to disagree about your whining. One more thing, I'm on here because I choose to be.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:21 PM
After reading your posts we'll have to agree to disagree about your whining. One more thing, I'm on here because I choose to be.

It's hilarious how bringing up the facts somehow equates to "whining".

I guess we'll see what happens on Saturday. Make sure you cheer really hard for Lehigh. xnodx

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:29 PM
Let's ignore the fact Delaware's passing yards were 297 and 305 yards in those losses. You do understand that shutting down a team's rushing attack does not guarantee you victory, right?

You gave up 66 points and over 1000 yards in YOUR losses. Why does THAT get ignored? Your great rushing defense gave up 330 yard to Villanova.

Want to bring up the passing yards YOUR team allowed? They're not as good as Delaware's, and you play in the worst conference in I-AA football next to the Pioneer League.

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 10:29 PM
Rather than these stats that you cherry pick, a simple question is: What happens when Lehigh plays a CAA team?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:35 PM
Villanova 495 330 rushing
New Hampshire 519 354 passing
Fordham's 415 343 passing
Harvard/Colgate 430 rushing
Princeton 528 392 passing

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:36 PM
And you lost because you gave up over 490 yards to two CAA teams. And you face a team averaging 404 yards per game in the CAA.

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 10:37 PM
It's sorta frsutrating knowing that he won't be here after Lehigh goes down on Saturday. It would be neat to see him spin something around.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:39 PM
Because when you shut down Northern Iowa, clearly you can shut down Delaware, because William and Mary and Villanova did it.

We're much better than Villanova and you're much worse than Villanova or William and Mary.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
cowboy, thanks for pointing out again that when Lehigh gives up 66 points and over 1,000 yards in two games it will lose those games...

that is an average of 33 points and 500 yards per game allowed....so what happens if Lehigh allows less than 33 points and 500 yards per game?

oops!
game
set
match

You don't seem to understand that your team isn't as good as the teams that beat Delaware.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
cowboy, so when you say that you are much better than Villanova, can you please help us a little, does better much better mean that you LOSE to a team like you did to Villanova barely a week and a half ago?

Typo, it should have said Northern Iowa.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
cowboy, thanks again for proving another point

what happens if Lehigh holds Delaware to under 490 yards per game?

You still probably lose.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:45 PM
ha!..very funny

that is EXACTLY what the UNI fans were saying about the Lehigh fans the other week and UNI was favored by more points than Delaware against Lehigh...

oops!

Yeah, because Northern Iowa fans are known for their high level of intelligence.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM
That Lehigh offense is going to score how? 14 points against Northern Iowa.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 10:54 PM
So even if Lehigh shuts down Delaware's run, they have to contend with
1) Pat Devlin
2) Delaware's defense that is #1 in the country giving up less than 12 points per game.
3) Having a one-dimensional offense that even in a weak Pat League is marginal, at best.

Game Over.

charliej
December 1st, 2010, 10:58 PM
So even if Lehigh shuts down Delaware's run, they have to contend with
1) Pat Devlin
2) Delaware's defense that is #1 in the country giving up less than 12 points per game.
3) Having a one-dimensional offense that even in a weak Pat League is marginal, at best.

Game Over.

God I wish it was! These posts are are coming 2 minutes apart nowxshakingmadx

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:06 PM
http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/image/composition/8212412/view/1/producttypecolor/1/type/png/width/190/height/190/game-over_design.png

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
Patriot League stats would make sense if Delaware actually played in the Patriot League. But they don't and for some reason you can't seem to grasp that. Better numbers put up against better teams. You do understand that Lehigh stopping Patriot League teams isn't the same as stopping Delaware, right? Obviously you don't.

Even if you want to look at CAA only stats: Delaware's offense: 28 points and 404 yards per game. Defense: 281 yards. 15 points.

R3TRO
December 1st, 2010, 11:32 PM
71 pages. Really?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:33 PM
And this is where you and I disagree.

If, suppose, you do hold Delaware to under 80 yards rushing, but give up 300 passing, and lose, does it matter?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM
So if you beat Northern Iowa, then it automatically means you'll stop a better team in Delaware.

Say, do you think Oregon can go and beat the Seattle Seahawks? I mean, they haven't lost and beat Pac-10 teams, so it must mean they can win, since, after all, NFC West teams have beaten the Seahawks, and obviously the Oregon Ducks can too.

charliej
December 1st, 2010, 11:35 PM
71 pages. Really?

LOL ...and about 10 of em in the last hour.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:38 PM
cowboy, Delaware has been held to under 80 yards rushing and passed for around 300 yards twice.

what was the result of those games?

Considering you couldn't stop the CAA teams you played (330 to Villanova) what makes you think you have a chance to shut down their rushing attack? Oh wait, you beat a non-CAA team so that means you'll beat Delaware.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:51 PM
cowboy, Lehigh a few days ago, except for a couple of QB scrambles, limited the powerful rushiing attack of a much better rushing team than Delaware....

Yeah, because their level of competition is top-notch with teams like Indiana State. Padded stats against lower levels of competition isn't the same as the stats of the #1 conference in the country.

I'm going to assume that the team you defeated doesn't have an NFL level QB that probably won't throw 3 picks.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
The same UNI team that rushed for an impressive 49 yards the week before.

One dimensional beats one dimensional. To then face a balanced attack. Even you can understand that a team has a "balanced attack" when they rush for 189 and throw for 217, right?

But, hey, I'm sure you'll hold a team that put up 189 yards rushing per game to 100 under their average, score 28 points on a team that's given up under 12. Since another team did it, then you can do it, huh?

Notice: I'm not saying to you that Delaware will do to your defense what Villanova and New Hampshire did to you. But, who won those games?

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
It's going to be great when Delaware sends Lehigh back to the mountain on Saturday.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:08 AM
But cowboy, we are talking about Lehigh limiting the Delaware rushing attack here, not the passing attack aren't we, you baboon,

no one, but no one, would deny that the UNI rushing attack, with the combination of a 1,300 yard rushing QB and a 1,000 yard running back that play in the #2 conference in the country is a better rushing team than Delaware.

Of course the fact that UNI wasn't playing with either one of those guys healthy is irrelevant, huh?

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:11 AM
Claiming that Lehigh will hold Delaware to 80 yards rushing and will win 28-14, clearly not ridiculous though, with the basis that 1) 2 other teams beat Delaware 2) Lehigh beat Northern Iowa who is the champion of the #2 conference.

I guess you have no problem going 0-3 against the CAA this year.

Old Cat Fan
December 2nd, 2010, 12:17 AM
xdizzyx

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:20 AM
So you've proven that Delaware and the CAA are stronger than Northern Iowa and the MVC. Thanks.

Lehigh Record Against the CAA: 0-2.

Want to compare Villanova where they rushed for 150 on Delaware and 330 on Lehigh?

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:30 AM
Lehigh vs the CAA 0-2.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:42 AM
I am throughly amused how the stats of Delaware vs. Villanova or Delaware vs. William and Mary or Lehigh vs. Northern Iowa somehow all determine the outcome of Lehigh and Delaware. The stats that benefit Delaware, of course, are dismissed.

Either all of the statistics are valid or none of them are.

How many times did Lehigh's great defense give up over 400 yards in a weak conference, since you're so great at looking up stats.

Lehigh's last 10 games with Delaware: 1-9.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:45 AM
Win/Loss Records Since Sept, 25, 2010
8-0 - Lehigh
5-2 - Delaware

Of course they lost to 2 nationally ranked teams. Lehigh still plays in the Patriot League, and no number of statistics will change that.

turn1979
December 2nd, 2010, 12:48 AM
What is the tailgating set up at Newark?

Is there a designated area?

RV parking?

This was the first post in this thread. And it turned into this monster. Amazing.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 12:50 AM
just because Delaware is stronger than Northern Iowa does NOT mean that Lehigh cannot beat Delaware....

Conversely, just because Lehigh won the Pat League, beat Northern Iowa and has an 8 game winning streak doesn't mean they can beat Delaware by 14.

I'm not the guy saying that his competitor has no chance to win, you are.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2010, 05:21 AM
cowboy, is there something to the fact that Northern Iowa is NOT in the Patriot League THAT YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?

why do you start every post with Cowboy, do you know how gay that sounds... are you the Brokeback mountain co-star?
creepy

cougarpines
December 2nd, 2010, 05:39 AM
Will you people stop giving "TheFan" credibilty by responding. How rational can he be if he thought he was posting with Tubby Raymond. Ignore him and he will go away and we can have some intelligent discussions.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2010, 05:49 AM
Will you people stop giving "TheFan" credibilty by responding. How rational can he be if he thought he was posting with Tubby Raymond. Ignore him and he will go away and we can have some intelligent discussions.

this thread went terribly wrong about 50 pages ago and there aint no saving it now

van
December 2nd, 2010, 06:29 AM
Amazed that one Lehigh fan can keep so many Hens bottled up all by himself. On second thought, that's not so amazing.

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2010, 07:21 AM
737 posts later, and this thread still delivers. It's like a trainwreck. You know you should look the other way, but you can't help yourself.xlolx

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 07:32 AM
Man, I goto sleep early last night & get hit with like 10 more pages. I hope TheFan is around Saturday night.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2010, 07:48 AM
Who would pay $2 to be on a conference call with TheFan and cowboy? If I set it up for Friday at 2, who will attend? This will give both plenty of time to gather their facts and have a knock-down drag-out, Old School debate. As an objective outsider, I'll moderate. Send your questions as posts in this thread...

Proceeds go to a charity of my choice (probably my kids).

LU73
December 2nd, 2010, 08:08 AM
This was the first post in this thread. And it turned into this monster. Amazing.

Uhh, were those first questions ever answered? I couldn't find the answers in the first couple pages, and I would hate to reread this whole thread.

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 08:09 AM
I'm in for $2

RichH2
December 2nd, 2010, 08:49 AM
trainwreck is an apt description of this thread. Last I looked we were at 48 pages, this AM at 75. No time or inclination to read it all. Does seem as tho The Fan has UD people revved up. While I admit to being sanguine about Lehigh's chances on Saturday, it is fun seing the UD crowd in such a lather over 1 Lehigh fan. I hope our squad can be as successful with Hens on Saturday

cougarpines
December 2nd, 2010, 09:02 AM
Disappointed, expected more from a Lehigh fan. The so cslled high standards must also foster inbreeding.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2010, 09:06 AM
I'm just going to repost this since this is buried 10 pages ago and TheFan is sleeping right now (I'm guessing... xlolx )

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at.html

My preview of the "Blue Route" rivalry. Position-by-position breakdowns come tomorrow: a Tubby-fest, and the many, many linkages between Delaware and Lehigh, are covered today.

Doc QB
December 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I'm just going to repost this since this is buried 10 pages ago and TheFan is sleeping right now (I'm guessing... xlolx )

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at.html

My preview of the "Blue Route" rivalry. Position-by-position breakdowns come tomorrow: a Tubby-fest, and the many, many linkages between Delaware and Lehigh, are covered today.

LFN,
This is a great blog post. Tried to actually private email you my appreciation, but your box (not suprisingly) is full, and it didn't send. I've been to almost every one of these games since 1980 or so, as I was on roster early 90's and my dad in late 60's. Brings back great memories. When I was eight I got into a fun-spirited "tussle" with a twenty-something UD fan at the Tub, my dad recalls I threw some swiss cheese at him from a sandwhich or something. All in good fun, and he had beers with us at our tailgate after the game (Yes, I had beers at tailgates even then, sadly). Great read. Thanks.

ngineer
December 2nd, 2010, 10:45 AM
cowboy, Delaware has been held to under 80 yards rushing and passed for around 300 yards twice.

Let me give you a hint:

Delaware Rushing Yards
47 - against W&M
66 - against Villanova

Delaware Passing Yards
293 - against W&M
305 - against Villanova

Result of Game
Delaware loses to W&M
Delaware loses to Villanova

Why the perseveration with yardage? I could give a rip as to how many yards gan us. I hope they gain 560 yards but turn the ball over 4 times that lead to 20 points. Colgate ran the ball for over 300 yards against Syracuse, controlled the clock with over 35 minutes of possession and what did it get them? Game is won on the scoreboard. Lehigh will need a few breaks to win this game. Some breaks, like some turnovers, can be caused the the defense or special teams. That's where the tipping point will be if the upset is to occur. Other breaks, like stupid penalties by the Hens would also be nice, but you can't "cause" them.

BTW--I have heard that we are going to have MEAC Officials..God help both teams!

Old Cat Fan
December 2nd, 2010, 10:52 AM
Who would pay $2 to be on a conference call with TheFan and cowboy? If I set it up for Friday at 2, who will attend? This will give both plenty of time to gather their facts and have a knock-down drag-out, Old School debate. As an objective outsider, I'll moderate. Send your questions as posts in this thread...

Proceeds go to a charity of my choice (probably my kids).

I like the debate idea, but I was thinking more on the line of the old WWF days when they would have that special steel cage match where the loser would have to leave town and never return. Cowboy vs. TheFan, whomever's team goes down will have to sign off and never come back to AGS, winner stays around xlolxxlolx

charliej
December 2nd, 2010, 11:59 AM
I like the debate idea, but I was thinking more on the line of the old WWF days when they would have that special steel cage match where the loser would have to leave town and never return. Cowboy vs. TheFan, whomever's team goes down will have to sign off and never come back to AGS, winner stays around xlolxxlolx

Does he have to?..... sounds like a no win for the rest of us xlolx

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
I may be the only one, but I want TheFan to be here AFTER the game on Saturday. When the clock strikes midnight then he can go on his merry way, but he can tell us all what crow tastes like. He's up to 198 posts since this thread started, by this time tomorrow it should crack 300....

Chemhen
December 2nd, 2010, 12:21 PM
When was the last time a non-counting thread broke 100 pages?

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2010, 12:41 PM

The WWF idea is a good one, except I'm not sure how long either of them will be around long enough for that type of match to make any difference.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2010, 12:42 PM
Chemhen what do you mean by "non-counting"?

can you give us a few examples of a "counting" thread?

You may find this hard to believe, but a "counting" thread is one where we count. We do not do so in the "non-counting" threads.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2010, 12:43 PM
Things could be worse. You could be a Villanova fan, waiting to find out when the Villanova/Stephen F. Austin thread will be opened.

Given the alternative, I'll take a 76 page thread (with 756 posts) anytime.

GannonFan
December 2nd, 2010, 01:12 PM
When was the last time a non-counting thread broke 100 pages?

Sad to say though, there could actually be more coherent content in a strictly counting thread.

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 01:39 PM
TheFan will be here Saturday after the game in which Lehigh wins 28-14 - accepting apologies from Cowboy and the gang of hens

That's great. As long as you're here as well if LU doesn't win the game or the score is 28-14 either. The term is rain or shine.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
but mcveryrl, shouldn't a "non-counting" thread be one where there are poster fans of teams that DIDN'T make the playoffs, like James Madison?

That makes little to no sense. In college football terms a "counter" is one that qualifies as a D-I win -- either for bowl or playoff purposes. In fact, in the context of things, if we're really going to get literal about this, you should be restricted to a "non-counter" thread, since in the eyes of the FBS, that's what you are. In the eyes of the FBS, we're giant killers. Congrats.

And hey, we can't all play in the Patriot League.

I was just trying to be funny, but if you're going to get pissy we'll go all day. I have no interest in keeping this thread focused. My first clue that somebody has no clue about FCS is they go through the effort of typing out James Madison...who the f does that? Everybody puts JMU. And then your thing about the counters was idiotic. My guess is this (probably guessed by somebody earlier in the thread, but I haven't read it):
1) You are a freshman at Lehigh.
2) You heard Lehigh made the playoffs; you replied "We have a football team? Ahh schweet, I bet there's stuff on the internets about this"
3) You, by some stroke of the Devil's hand, found this site.
4) You will not be here Saturday. OR, if you are here on Saturday, it will be your last day here.
5) You are related to alexale.

Lee82
December 2nd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Fan. For President. !!

cougarpines
December 2nd, 2010, 02:55 PM
He is on the gohens board under a different name but the style is the same. There can't be another like him at LU, If there is, someone should investigate the place. Although inbreeding does that.

blukeys
December 2nd, 2010, 03:10 PM

LFN the name of the conference that had UD and LU in the 50's and 60's was the Middle Atlantic Conference not the Middle Atlantic States. It originally included Rutgers, LU, LC, Bucknell, Temple, Gettysburg

Your post was well written. However, As one who started going to UD games from the early 60's on, I never considered Lehigh a rival. I think my position is shared by many in the UD community. My annoyance with LU has more to do with the B.S. and just plain lies perpetuated by some fans of LU. Check the comments to your article to see the kind of drivel perpetuated by LU fans.

Most UD fans don't give LU a second thought but LU fans are absolutely obsessed by UD. No doubt this is due to the total reversal that occurred in football since this series began. When UD began a football relationship with LU and LC both schools had a well established history (1938) . Delaware's success in football begins with Don Murray in the 1940's. Beating Muhlenberg was the big deal back then.

Since then UD has blown by LU and owns a 29-16 advantage in wins. It appears that this fact just annoys LU fans to no end. The LU fan ability for excuse making knows no bounds. According to LU fans their QB was recruited in the Library where he is working overtime to pay his tuition. We all know for a fact that this is untrue. Lehigh does in fact offer the equivalent of a scholarship for playing football. (Of course they also offer scollies for basketball and will be offering scollies REAL SOON.) Yet Lehigh fans persist in the insults to the academic integrity of UD and Make up pure BS for the UD program.

Playing up to a higher progam is a good thing and at UD we know what that is like. We will be playing Navy next year and you will never see any UD fan or poster insult Navy or even Pitt (opponent in 2014) the way LU fans go after UD.

Delaware is a well respected National University. The LU diatribes of toothless ne'er do wells (comments on your blog) is all too typical of thefan's of LU.

Doc QB
December 2nd, 2010, 03:31 PM
Delaware is a well respected National University. The LU diatribes of toothless ne'er do wells (comments on your blog) is all too typical of thefan's of LU.

Please do not lump one guy jock-sniffing, idiot LU fan's posts and obvious lack of football knowledge in with those of us who would nothing more than for their to be a solid rivalry, mutual respect, and better yet, annual competitive games with UD. Were we better for one stretch? Record says yes at one time. Has Delaware jumped a level or two in national scope and success football wise....hell yes.

I didn't get recruited by them in '90...why?? I was not good enough and they had Leo Hamlett, who was excellent. There were a better program. So, I went to LU like my old man. I respect the crap out of them, and truth be told, recent event games or not, I would like LU to aspire to their football level.

All the academic stuff is pure crap. Both schools have smart kids. Both football programs do, too. And they both have some total f'n stones. You'd be an idiot to think each team does not find a way to get a stone in. We had a few at LU when I was there, regardless of AI. Does Lehigh require the academic bar to be abit higher for football athletes? No question. KC would be happy to admit that. But who cares? Students probably really don't and we shouldn't here, it is a G-d@#n football board.

Don't lump those of us with a full set of pearly whites and more reasonable diatribes in with those who aspire to be the vinegar component of a feminine hygeine product.

Should be a great game if LU plays mistake free ball. Glad I got four tix (anybody need two???).

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
Your post was well written. However, As one who started going to UD games from the early 60's on, I never considered Lehigh a rival. I think my position is shared by many in the UD community. My annoyance with LU has more to do with the B.S. and just plain lies perpetuated by some fans of LU. Check the comments to your article to see the kind of drivel perpetuated by LU fans.

Most UD fans don't give LU a second thought but LU fans are absolutely obsessed by UD. No doubt this is due to the total reversal that occurred in football since this series began. When UD began a football relationship with LU and LC both schools had a well established history (1938) . Delaware's success in football begins with Don Murray in the 1940's. Beating Muhlenberg was the big deal back then.

Since then UD has blown by LU and owns a 29-16 advantage in wins. It appears that this fact just annoys LU fans to no end

I agree that it wasn't really a "rivalry", especially early on. It became more of a rivalry in the 1970s in the Whitehead/Raymond eras when both teams were national D-II powerhouses, and they were more or less equals and competing for Lambert Cup trophies for best "small college" teams in the East. Raymond really helped stoke the rivalry, too, with his comments about Lehigh over the years. They seemed to sting for years after the games - much to his credit. If Tubby wasn't at Delaware, I don't think you could realistically claim this is a Rivalry.

After the 1970s, it became more of a "David vs. Goliath" deal, where "Yankee Conference, scholarship" Delaware was just too good for "non-scholarship" Lehigh. At that point the Hen games were more of a proving ground as to how good our teams actually were - hence your mention that Delaware mostly thinks of Lehigh as an "annoyance". I actually get this - Lehigh lost most of those games, of course, though the 42-35 game I will treasure my entire life.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 2nd, 2010, 03:37 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at_02.html

The position-by-position breakdown... and the Fearless Prediction.

proasu89
December 2nd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Mcveyrl,

I believe the correct and most accepted abbreviation is JMWHO. xsmiley_wix

blukeys
December 2nd, 2010, 03:59 PM
Please do not lump one guy jock-sniffing, idiot LU fan's posts and obvious lack of football knowledge in with those of us who would nothing more than for their to be a solid rivalry, mutual respect, and better yet, annual competitive games with UD. Were we better for one stretch? Record says yes at one time. Has Delaware jumped a level or two in national scope and success football wise....hell yes.

I didn't get recruited by them in '90...why?? I was not good enough and they had Leo Hamlett, who was excellent. There were a better program. So, I went to LU like my old man. I respect the crap out of them, and truth be told, recent event games or not, I would like LU to aspire to their football level.

All the academic stuff is pure crap. Both schools have smart kids. Both football programs do, too. And they both have some total f'n stones. You'd be an idiot to think each team does not find a way to get a stone in. We had a few at LU when I was there, regardless of AI. Does Lehigh require the academic bar to be abit higher for football athletes? No question. KC would be happy to admit that. But who cares? Students probably really don't and we shouldn't here, it is a G-d@#n football board.

Don't lump those of us with a full set of pearly whites and more reasonable diatribes in with those who aspire to be the vinegar component of a feminine hygeine product.

Should be a great game if LU plays mistake free ball. Glad I got four tix (anybody need two???).

Point Well taken Doc. By the way I shared a few drinks with Leo a couple of years back. He was coaching then @ Dover High School. (We actually talked about Montana.)

I really wish that there was only one Lehigh "fan" who I have heard this type of smack from. Sadly, I have been hearing this crap for many years. I have a friend who is a great guy with the exception of Lehigh football (Lehigh grad). He drinks his purple kool aid from the Paul Reinhart fountain.

Now I know that for every one Lehigh fan who buys into the Paul Reinhart hatred and vitriol that there are ten times more such as ngineer and kardplayer who love the game and appreciate the sportsmanship and athleticism.

I appreciate your candor regarding the athletes. I was a student at UD during the "needs based grant" era. Two of my best friends were starters for UD. I know full well how a "non scholarship" program works for athletes. (My friends actually helped me get financial aid!!!)

I am sure that for every stone one can find in either the Delaware or Lehigh Progam, one can also find 2 or more exemplary student athletes and some really great guys. That was my first hand experience. (Yes I was also aware of who the stones were during my era. Football players are candid.)

For the record a couple of LU folks have criticized the idiot who is making LU look bad. IMHO they represent the best in LU.

blukeys
December 2nd, 2010, 04:00 PM
I agree that it wasn't really a "rivalry", especially early on. It became more of a rivalry in the 1970s in the Whitehead/Raymond eras when both teams were national D-II powerhouses, and they were more or less equals and competing for Lambert Cup trophies for best "small college" teams in the East. Raymond really helped stoke the rivalry, too, with his comments about Lehigh over the years. They seemed to sting for years after the games - much to his credit. If Tubby wasn't at Delaware, I don't think you could realistically claim this is a Rivalry.

After the 1970s, it became more of a "David vs. Goliath" deal, where "Yankee Conference, scholarship" Delaware was just too good for "non-scholarship" Lehigh. At that point the Hen games were more of a proving ground as to how good our teams actually were - hence your mention that Delaware mostly thinks of Lehigh as an "annoyance". I actually get this - Lehigh lost most of those games, of course, though the 42-35 game I will treasure my entire life.

Delaware did not join the Yankee until 1986.

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Mcveyrl,

I believe the correct and most accepted abbreviation is JMWHO. xsmiley_wix

Mother f'er!!!!

Don't get me goin' I got things to do!

ngineer
December 2nd, 2010, 04:41 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at_02.html

Your prediction is a heady one. On paper, it says it will be worse. But I think our D will make this a close game that, with a break or two, can turn this season from great to legendary. I always like to remember what Fred Shero told the upstart Flyers in 1974, "Win this game and we walk together forever."

blukeys
December 2nd, 2010, 05:05 PM

Interesting article LFN.

I have had an advantage this year of watching just about every Lafayette game on Sunday mornings after watching UD on Saturday. I have also caught a lot of Liberty games as well.

Lehigh clearly was the superior team over Lafayette this year. (I really got a kick out of the LU/LC game as I had never seen one. They always schedule it when we play nova!!) I know this was a rivalry game but this year's Lehigh team would beat this Year's Lafayette team 19 times out of 20. LC has a pop gun offense with little down the field threat. LU played this team correctly.

LU also played the rag arm UNI QB correctly in loading up against the run. One needs to keep in mind that Delaware has smoked much better UNI teams in '03 and '07. In all candor I have never been impressed by MVFC teams. They tend to be overhyped. They come into the playoffs with high seeds and then get smoked. Check out SIU.

IMHO Lehigh is a more difficult team than UNI. Our Defense would have shut out UNI. There was no passing threat from UNI and our secondary is big and fast.

I see this as a low scoring game. I don't see Lehigh getting to 17 points unless they score a TD in garbage time.

I think Delaware's O will have some rust but I do believe that the week off will help Pierce. Pierce is very young and the CAA pounding has, in my view, taken a toll (It took a toll on Cuff in 2007). Pierce will be a step quicker with an extra week off.

The week off will also help the UD line and backers. The UD line while 8 deep is not the 03 line but they are disciplined and will maintain their lanes. Lum will not be scrambling for 20 yards.

The UD line can be vanilla because the UD secondary is the most athletic group I have seen in 50 years.
LU can complete passes between the 20's. Certain passes are gimmes. After that press coverage will occur. The UD secondary performed better against SDSU than Nebraska.

While I see LU getting some rushing yards, LU needs to throw the ball to win. The problem for LU is that the UD secondary is second only to Ed Reed in ball hawking. They all catch the ball and then run with it.

I don't see Lehigh scoring more than 10 points against this group. Lum better be on target. The UD secondary can be a game changer.

I have already said that Pierce will benefit from a week off. Kevin Uhl was also beat up from the tough CAA competition. Uhl excels at pass protection when he is healthy. This week he just got healthier along with the rest of the line which leads me to the Devlin factor.

The Devlin factor:

IMHO Pat Devlin is one of the best QB's in the nation. Devlin throws a very catchable ball, leads his receivers well and never panics.
Devlin has thrown 2 INT's IN THE ENTIRE SEASON. One PIC was the result of the ball being deflected off of a helmet of a defender. The other was a result of a Umass defender tackling Nijha White while the ball was in the air. Devlin will secure the ball. Devlin has now done some running. Look for him to run for 40+ yards.

This is a game that should be managed. UD will not get style points by winning by more than 2 scores. A win is a win and KC knows this. He has a great defense and an offense that will move the ball as needed. My pick

UD 23 LU 7.

blukeys
December 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
Your prediction is a heady one. On paper, it says it will be worse. But I think our D will make this a close game that, with a break or two, can turn this season from great to legendary. I always like to remember what Fred Shero told the upstart Flyers in 1974, "Win this game and we walk together forever."

ngineer the Flyers in 1974 were hardly upstarts. I was there with Kate Smith!!!. The Flyers were better than the Bruins. You are trying to rewrite History.

GaSouthern
December 2nd, 2010, 05:21 PM
Sorry lehigh, Delaware is just too good in this one, and plus, I like when traditional powers are on top of things. Now if we can get YSU back in the playoffs next year things will feel complete.

gasoutherneagle
December 2nd, 2010, 05:27 PM
Sorry lehigh, Delaware is just too good in this one, and plus, I like when traditional powers are on top of things. Now if we can get YSU back in the playoffs next year things will feel complete.

Heh heh... yeah! What he said. xthumbsupx

LehighFan11
December 2nd, 2010, 05:37 PM
5) You are related to alexale.

Agreed.

LehighFan11
December 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
To quote LFN "4. Keep This Thing Within One Score. What Delaware is looking for in this game - more than anything - is a two-score lead, early if possible. Every second in this game that Lehigh hangs around is a potential cause for Blue Hen worry - and the pressure on their team will be immense. The more pressure on the Hens late in the game, the better chance Lehigh has to steal the victory."

I totally agree this has to be the main key for a W for Lehigh. If Lehigh wins it will be due to them 'hanging around' long enough to force a mistake. If Lehigh is within 1 score in the 2nd half, pressure will be on UD. It only takes 1 bounce of the ball to cost a team 7 points. Opportunistic is the key word of the day. If Devlin floats a curl route and our CB is there to jump it, it has to be picked and housed for 6, no drops.

rbriggs_GOHAWKS
December 2nd, 2010, 06:20 PM
LET THE RECORD SHOW THAT
1) I AM NOT THE FAN
2) I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING THE FAN HAS EVER POSTED ON THIS SITE

28-14 ENGINEERS. HOHOHOHOHOHO

UD FANS ARE ALREADY WHINING ABOUT THE MEAC REFS. THE EXCUSES HAVE BEGUN, AND THE HAWKS ARE IN YOUR FEEBLE HEADS! HOHOHO

heath
December 2nd, 2010, 06:38 PM
What is the tailgating set up at Newark?

Is there a designated area?

RV parking?
Great question Van,could've been a great tread also.But...........................we had an imposter come and ruin the thread.Since the fan was not born until after the Lafayette game and seems to know little about football,I have a question for her. Do the numbers 1014,,344,66,10,2,0 ring a bell?,please enlighten us all. You could also tell Van where you will be tailgating since he asked. If the #'s don't make since, let me know:(:(

heath
December 2nd, 2010, 06:55 PM
heath, sure no problem on the number question

1014 - the average combined CR and Math SAT scores of Delaware students, among the lowest in the East Coast
344 - when added, the 3+4+4= 11, the number of victories Lehigh will have this season after it beats Delaware.
66 - the number of current Delaware football players on the team that will never graduate.
10 - the number of victories this season that Delaware will never achieve
2 - the number of Interceptions that Del's Devlin will throw in the Lehigh game.
0 - Delaware's winning streak against Lehigh after Saturday's game.

I hope this helps

Ha! Try again mam,you really don't know your team as well as I thought.Do a Google search or visit a team page and let me know if your still struggling. It's so simple

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 07:05 PM
LFN-

My compliments on a good writeup, not much I can disagree with on your analysis of UD's team, you summed it up I'm sure better than some of my brethren could. The only thing I would disagree with is I don't think it'll be that close, my official prediction, Delaware wins 27-7. Reasoning: Lehigh's offense has struggled for a few weeks, and if there is one D in the country a team that is struggling & depends on the pass to move doesn't want to face it's the Blue Hens. UD's offense take advantage of operating off a short field from TO's & short Lehigh drives in this one.

rbriggs_GOHAWKS
December 2nd, 2010, 07:06 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP RESTING ON THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OTHERS FROM SEPTEMBER TO MAKE YOURSELVES FEEL BETTER, BIRDBRAINS!!!

THE STATS, POINT TOTALS, WINS, AND LOSSES YOU MENTIONED DON'T MEAN A LICK COME KICKOFF SATURDAY.

DON'T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT. GO AND WATCH LU WAKE YOU FOOLS UP.

28-14. HOHOHOHOHO

heath
December 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
Prediction on Delaware Rushing Yardage against Lehigh

+50 - RB Pierce
+40 - All other Delaware RB's
-10 - QB Devlin
+80 - Net Rushing Yards

Very nice for the ladies of the Sorority to share the password of AGS and answer your own questions.The Only stat that matters ladies is SCOREBOARD! or 1014,66,2,0,10,344. Get the pledges to help find that answer.

Ud1Hens
December 2nd, 2010, 07:15 PM
This thread has gone from thefan quoting UD fans and responding, to quoting himself (thefan) and responding, to thefan quoting and agreeing with himself with a different username (briggs). It's gone from bad, to worse, to actually fairly sad that he needs to do this for entertainment purposes. xsmhx

rbriggs_GOHAWKS
December 2nd, 2010, 07:18 PM
CLOCK IS TICKIN ON THE CHICKENS, UD1HENS.

BE THERE TO WITNESS ANOTHER LU DRUBBING OF DELAWARE.

28-14. QUICK, CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT SCREENNAME AND CALL ME AND THEFAN NAMES.

HOHOHO

bluehenbillk
December 2nd, 2010, 07:19 PM
This thread has gone from thefan quoting UD fans and responding, to quoting himself (thefan) and responding, to thefan quoting and agreeing with himself with a different username (briggs). It's gone from bad, to worse, to actually fairly sad that he needs to do this for entertainment purposes. xsmhx

OMG, this has reached a new level - now the same guy uses 2 names, I hope "Both" of you show up Saturday night. This will be the bigges blow for ya pal since Daddy lost his steel mill job.

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 07:53 PM

Montana and McNeese State also. YSU hasn't made the playoffs since when, 2006?

cowboy91
December 2nd, 2010, 08:15 PM
To quote LFN "4. Keep This Thing Within One Score. What Delaware is looking for in this game - more than anything - is a two-score lead, early if possible. Every second in this game that Lehigh hangs around is a potential cause for Blue Hen worry - and the pressure on their team will be immense. The more pressure on the Hens late in the game, the better chance Lehigh has to steal the victory."

I totally agree this has to be the main key for a W for Lehigh. If Lehigh wins it will be due to them 'hanging around' long enough to force a mistake. If Lehigh is within 1 score in the 2nd half, pressure will be on UD. It only takes 1 bounce of the ball to cost a team 7 points. Opportunistic is the key word of the day. If Devlin floats a curl route and our CB is there to jump it, it has to be picked and housed for 6, no drops.

Good post. If I'm Lehigh I think I'd be more concerned about what I could do on Delaware's defense, moreso than I would be stopping Delaware's offense.

I wouldn't be shocked if Lehigh did win the game, but Delaware is battled tested playing in a brutal conference. Lehigh beat Northern Iowa. I mean, Lehigh might have a good defense, but the strength of the teams that 1) did put numbers up on them 2) they played is a bit problematic.That leads me to believe that Delaware has the advantage there. History would be evidence of the strength of the CAA in the playoffs.

Delaware in my view 'should' win, 30-17 (I'll revise). Will they? I wont guarantee anything.

Gordon Shumway
December 2nd, 2010, 09:17 PM
heath, sure no problem on the number question

1014 - the average combined CR and Math SAT scores of Delaware students, among the lowest in the East Coast
344 - when added, the 3+4+4= 11, the number of victories Lehigh will have this season after it beats Delaware.
66 - the number of current Delaware football players on the team that will never graduate.10 - the number of victories this season that Delaware will never achieve
2 - the number of Interceptions that Del's Devlin will throw in the Lehigh game.
0 - Delaware's winning streak against Lehigh after Saturday's game.

I hope this helps

You might want to stay away from that graduation argument. Lehigh this year had the worst GSR in the Patriot League at a pitiful 71% for football.xlolx

Oldhen
December 2nd, 2010, 09:48 PM
I've previously said:

I've seen enough UD/Lehigh games over the years to know you rarely can count LU out. I watched the series go from close games in the late '50's to UD blowouts in the 60's and back to Lehigh eating our lunch in the 80's (particularly when they were running that Houston veer). Lots of UD fans are looking at the UNH and 'Nova games against Lehigh and scoffing, but I'm not.

I think it's going to be a brawl. I also think we're bigger, stronger, and faster. I also think if UD plays its game, it won't be close. That said, I've also seen UD come out flat (two times) in games that meant something. That's all Lehigh needs to make it a game. My honest prediction is that UD will come out with their hair on fire and that'll be that.

My comments were very 'politically-correct', and made every effort to pay full, richly-deserved respect to an opponent with a very successful season.

By way of reviewing other, noteworthy comments, we also have:

The Blue Hen offensive attack is similar to Appalachian State's offense in that it's a spread attack, but it's more of a combination spread/ball control attack rather than the Mountaineer's "we'll score anytime, anyplace, anywhere" type of offense. For a defensive coordinator, you have the worst of both worlds: the spread attack that causes matchup problems, and the ball control aspect that wears down the defense.

Now, I'm going to connect these two, disparate, dots.

UD runs a 'spread offense' in name only. Comparing it to ASU is like comparing a Yorkie to a wolf. LFN was amazingly charitable by describing it as 'ball control' rather than 'boring'. KC Keeler has many fine qualities and an NC on his resume, but offensively, wants to channel Bo Schembeckler and Woody Hayes. He wants to run the ball up the opponents butt from the spread, without a running QB (like you see at ASU). He also wants to play offense without stretching the field vertically, and the passing scheme emphasizes short and intermediate zones.

This is one of the reasons we've had several folks stop by and say they saw UD play and the offense is 'unimpressive' (though, when you average over 400 yards against the CAA, that sounds a little silly)

Now, in a purely philosophical sense, I can understand all this perfectly. There are some real advantages to running a spread offense like UD does.

Unfortunately, this year UD has a terrific QB that they are just not getting the most out of. Take my word, he's a better QB than Flacco was at the same point in time. Doesn't have quite the arm, but is head and shoulders above Flacco everywhere else. Problem for Devlin is that his senior year coincided with the emergence of a greyshirt freshman running back, Anthony Pierce.

I like Pierce, and he's going to have a good career. Problem is, the coaching staff has absolutely fallen in love with AP, and built the O around him for much of the season.

The problem? AP and KC are a bad combination. They tend to take our best player (Pat Devlin) out of the offense, while we try to demoralize a team by running right up their wazoo.

The question for Saturday is whether the gameplan calls for running AP a zillion times between the tackles against a team that's committed to stopping the run. We do that, we play right into LU's hands.

I've said privately (and will now say publically) that if we lose to LU, it'll be the third time this year we had better players and were out-coached, more than outplayed. I'll even say that IMHO, the biggest thing between UD and a NC is the UD coaching staff. To give them credit, they've done a great job developing players. To be completely honest, they were badly out-coached by Layfield in Billburg and got their annual schooling by Talley against 'Nova (which is getting to be a Holiday Tradition, like Christmas)

If the coaches decide to put the game in the hands of our best offensive player, and use AP as the counter-punch off PD's passing, this game will be over early, and LU really doesn't have a lot to say about it.... UNI's D isn't anywhere near UD's D.

BlueHenSinfonian
December 2nd, 2010, 10:06 PM
The problem? AP and KC are a bad combination. They tend to take our best player (Pat Devlin) out of the offense, while we try to demoralize a team by running right up their wazoo.

The question for Saturday is whether the gameplan calls for running AP a zillion times between the tackles against a team that's committed to stopping the run. We do that, we play right into LU's hands.

If the coaches decide to put the game in the hands of out best offensive player, and use AP as the counter-punch off PD's passing, this game will be over early, and LU really doesn't have a lot to say about it.... UNI's D isn't anywhere near UD's D.

AP had a field day against WCUPA, Duquesne, and SDSU. Lehigh is definitely better than Westchester, almost definitely better than Duquesne, and probably better than SDSU, but even with their defensive record, I'm not expecting a run defense on the level of CAA teams even if they commit to stopping it. Devlin is certainly a dangerous weapon, but the more you pass the greater the chance of giving up the ball due to interceptions. I also wonder if some of KC's reluctance to rely entirely on Devlin this season has been due to his injury, and not wanting to make him a sack target.

I'm sure KC will test AP out early in the game and see what kind of progress he can make. If we can get good yardage consistently from the run, there's no reason to risk putting it up for grabs with Devlin. If LU fully commits to stopping the run at the expense of pass protection, Devlin can easily air it out and put it behind their DBs. Keeler is certainly a cautious playcaller, but I like that about him. A conservative, even predictable, gameplan can still work if the fundamentals are sound and the team can win 1 on 1 in athleticism against the opponent. Our awful 2008 season aside, even when Delaware loses we hardly ever get blown out. His strategy has worked very well in the playoffs in the past, and after a two weeks of R&R and practice, I'm sure the Hens will come out solid this Saturday. If there is any aspect of the Hen's play I am worried about, it's special teams.

Oldhen
December 2nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm sure KC will test AP out early in the game and see what kind of progress he can make. If we can get good yardage consistently from the run, there's no reason to risk putting it up for grabs with Devlin. If LU fully commits to stopping the run at the expense of pass protection, Devlin can easily air it out and put it behind their DBs.

If AP cracks off 4-5 yards a pop... why throw?

I don't expect that. I expect LU will have looked at the VU and W&M film closely and will do their best to make us one dimensional. With their LB's they could.

The real question is whether you run to set up the pass or vice versa. I wouldn't mind us coming out and passing on 80% of our offensive plays early on. Keep those safeties thinking pass and get those LB's leaning backwards. You get that done, AP could have a field day.

I have zero concerns about PD's throwing. Over the past games I've seen, he hasn't thrown more than 2-3 bad balls a game. Clearly puts receptions on our WR's, but picks don't look to be an issue.

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2010, 11:18 PM
I've previously said:

My comments were very 'politically-correct', and made every effort to pay full, richly-deserved respect to an opponent with a very successful season.

By way of reviewing other, noteworthy comments, we also have:

Now, I'm going to connect these two, disparate, dots.

UD runs a 'spread offense' in name only. Comparing it to ASU is like comparing a Yorkie to a wolf. LFN was amazingly charitable by describing it as 'ball control' rather than 'boring'. KC Keeler has many fine qualities and an NC on his resume, but offensively, wants to channel Bo Schembeckler and Woody Hayes. He wants to run the ball up the opponents butt from the spread, without a running QB (like you see at ASU). He also wants to play offense without stretching the field vertically, and the passing scheme emphasizes short and intermediate zones.

This is one of the reasons we've had several folks stop by and say they saw UD play and the offense is 'unimpressive' (though, when you average over 400 yards against the CAA, that sounds a little silly)

Now, in a purely philosophical sense, I can understand all this perfectly. There are some real advantages to running a spread offense like UD does.

Unfortunately, this year UD has a terrific QB that they are just not getting the most out of. Take my word, he's a better QB than Flacco was at the same point in time. Doesn't have quite the arm, but is head and shoulders above Flacco everywhere else. Problem for Devlin is that his senior year coincided with the emergence of a greyshirt freshman running back, Anthony Pierce.

I like Pierce, and he's going to have a good career. Problem is, the coaching staff has absolutely fallen in love with AP, and built the O around him for much of the season.

I've said privately (and will now say publically) that if we lose to LU, it'll be the third time this year we had better players and were out-coached, more than outplayed. I'll even say that IMHO, the biggest thing between UD and a NC is the UD coaching staff. To give them credit, they've done a great job developing players. To be completely honest, they were badly out-coached by Layfield in Billburg and got their annual schooling by Talley against 'Nova (which is getting to be a Holiday Tradition, like Christmas)

If the coaches decide to put the game in the hands of our best offensive player, and use AP as the counter-punch off PD's passing, this game will be over early, and LU really doesn't have a lot to say about it.... UNI's D isn't anywhere near UD's D.

IMO, hard to argue with Bo and Woody philosophies, especially when the weather gets cold and the ball a bit more slippery.

Oldhen
December 2nd, 2010, 11:35 PM
Oldhen, you will be surprised at how much the crazed-out Lehigh Linebackers are going to affect the throwing accuracy of Devlin. It will be a game like none other that you have seen this year played by Delaware in terms of the lack of time that Devlin is going to have to attempt his passes.

If you're right, I'll be surprised

fball27
December 3rd, 2010, 12:07 AM
You might want to stay away from that graduation argument. Lehigh this year had the worst GSR in the Patriot League at a pitiful 71% for football.xlolx

Lehigh is a prestigious university, so I'm a little surprised by that number. I just hope that these athletes do wind up graduating elsewhere. I know the average SAT scores for verbal and math are 1315. Athletes at Lehigh don't get a free ride in the classroom for sure. Strong emphasis on academics.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2010, 05:28 AM
[QUOTE=TheFan;1593841} the winner of the game will be the winner of the Devlin/Lum passing contest [/QUOTE]

funny guy

bluehenbillk
December 3rd, 2010, 07:21 AM
I also wonder if some of KC's reluctance to rely entirely on Devlin this season has been due to his injury, and not wanting to make him a sack target.

I'm sure KC will test AP out early in the game and see what kind of progress he can make. If we can get good yardage consistently from the run, there's no reason to risk putting it up for grabs with Devlin. If LU fully commits to stopping the run at the expense of pass protection, Devlin can easily air it out and put it behind their DBs. Keeler is certainly a cautious playcaller, but I like that about him. A conservative, even predictable, gameplan can still work if the fundamentals are sound and the team can win 1 on 1 in athleticism against the opponent. Our awful 2008 season aside, even when Delaware loses we hardly ever get blown out. His strategy has worked very well in the playoffs in the past, and after a two weeks of R&R and practice, I'm sure the Hens will come out solid this Saturday. If there is any aspect of the Hen's play I am worried about, it's special teams.

No reason to pull back on Devlin's reigns at this stage, it's win or move on, you use all your weapons 100% moving forward.

UncleSam
December 3rd, 2010, 08:00 AM
Oldhen, you will be surprised at how much the crazed-out Lehigh Linebackers are going to affect the throwing accuracy of Devlin. It will be a game like none other that you have seen this year played by Delaware in terms of the lack of time that Devlin is going to have to attempt his passes.

I seriously doubt that, there's no way LU has the speed and athletic ability of a JMU or W&M defense. If they did, neither UNH (519) or Nova (495) would have been able to ring up the huge amount of offense that they produced vs Lehigh. UD may struggle at times in the running game, as they have done vs any tough defense this year, but Devlin's pass protection has been very solid vs opposition much tougher than Lehigh.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 08:05 AM
mcv, please tell us more about James Madison on this Delaware/Lehigh thread, as we all want to hear about the success of the James Madison football program this year.

Pretty sure you were the first one to bring up JMU's season...

And you didn't disagree with my assessment of you. And I don't think you even understood the non-counters/counters argument.

You're officially this year's alexale. I feel for the rest of the Lehigh fanbase.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
I seriously doubt that, there's no way LU has the speed and athletic ability of a JMU or W&M defense. If they did, neither UNH (519) or Nova (495) would have been able to ring up the huge amount of offense that they produced vs Lehigh. UD may struggle at times in the running game, as they have done vs any tough defense this year, but Devlin's pass protection has been very solid vs opposition much tougher than Lehigh.

Don't you get it!!! There is none tougher than Lehigh. NONE!

UncleSam
December 3rd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Scoring Defense

Points Allowed per game - All Games
11.6 - Delaware (#1 in FCS)
17.2 - Lehigh (#10 in FCS)

Points Allowed per game - Last 8 Games
14.9 - Delaware
13.0 - Lehigh (8 game winning streak)

Lehighs last 8 games;
Fordham
Harvard
Bucknell
Colgate
Holy Cross
Georgetown
Lafayette
UNI

are you seriously attempting to compare those LU opponents with UD's CAA competiton???

The relevant fact is this;
Nova & UNH combined for 66 Lehigh scored 10

LUHawker
December 3rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Lots of ridiculous comments being thrown around on this board on both sides. Certainly, they've been re-hashed until the horse is now dead and decomposing. While not trying to get into the fray, I do think that any UD fan who is looking at Lehigh's Nova and UNH games and thinking those are good comparisons will be in for a rude awakening. I posted, oh, about 50 or 60 pages ago that Lehigh's defense played pretty well against Nova, forcing several loose balls and a couple of picks. The Lehigh offense had absolutely nothing and left the D on the field all day. Where the defense failed was on 3 BIG plays for TDs. Since then, the dbacks have learned to actually look back for the ball and the secondary has been very good, allowing lots of pressure up-front. I didn't see the UNH game, but again, the stats show that the defense was hung out to dry on the field much too long with Lehigh starting its back-up soph QB in place of Lum.

While LU's offense hasn't been spectacular, it has developed tremendously since those early season games with a real WR playmaker emerging. Lehigh is a momentum offense, and if it gets some, then Lehigh can hang, in part by keeping the defense fresh.

Intellectually, it is nearly impossible to predict a Lehigh victory, but Lehigh is playing at a high intensity level, having gone on the road to win the Rivaly game and defeat UNI in the dome - not easy tasks.

I think it is plausible to suggest that UD may actually come out of the gates 'slow' after a tough loss and a week off and that Lehigh could potentially grab the momentum early. That actually happened back in 2000, but LU couldn't sustain it. Despite all of the UD fan carping about Lehigh playing a 'weak' schedule, it has become battle-tested against UNH, VU, UNI, Lafayette and Harvard. Laugh all you want about Lafayette and Harvard, but there are elements of being mentally battled-tested that get developed against those teams. I don't think you should underestimate the fact that Lehigh has played on the road since October, so it knows how to prep to go on the road and find ways to win. In fact, Lehigh was down at the half in all of the last three games, but came back to win. Very much a road-warrior team. I am hoping this mental toughness lives to see another day.

UncleSam
December 3rd, 2010, 11:46 AM
Total Offense Allowed by Delaware Defense in its last two games[/U]
424 - Massachusetts
441 - Villanova

LU's total offense vs their two CAA opponents - 344 yrds and that's a TWO game total. A whopping average of 172 yards a game.

ps - UMass rang up more yardage on Michigan (439) than they did vs UD.

UncleSam
December 3rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
I saw the entire LU/UNI game on TV, two very modest teams to put it kindly. If Lehigh plays like they did vs UNI they will get whipped but good and it won't be close.

tribefan40
December 3rd, 2010, 12:05 PM
UncleSam, ok lets talk offenses...

say, how did that great Delaware rushing offense do against these teams?

Rushing Yards by Delaware
70 - Against JMWHO
47 - Against William & Mary
66 - Against Villanova

Rushing Yards per Attempt by Delaware
1.8 - Against JMWHO
1.5 - Against William & Mary
2.1 - Against Villanova

Those stats aren't a fair assessment - we actually spotted them the 47 yards at the beginning of the game. From what I saw in the 'Burg, I would be worried about the man under center - best opposing QB I've seen this year by miles. xtwocentsx

bluehenbillk
December 3rd, 2010, 12:13 PM
OK - here's the facts of the matter. The PL and it's team's are treated and IMO fairly so, with a shred of respect. That's right, 99% of the UD fans are coming into tomorrow's game expecting a win, and expecting it to actaully be not that tough of a game. If people like TheFan want to equate PL competition & stats vs CAA competition & stats so be it, but it amounts to a hill of beans. Why not compare it against Auburn or the New England Patriots while you're at it...

If LU fans & PL fans want respect, there's one way to earn it - beat some of the CAA's best teams. I can't remember a nice PL win since Colgate beating UMass in '03. Tomorrow the PL champ will face off against the CAA co-champ in Newark, it's your time Lehigh if you want to grab it. If the outcome is as predicted by the majority, I hope you have the sack to show up Saturday post-game Briggsy, you give the few LU fans on these boards a bad name, whose opinions I respect.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
If LU fans & PL fans want respect, there's one way to earn it - beat some of the CAA's best teams. I can't remember a nice PL win since Colgate beating UMass in '03. Tomorrow the PL champ will face off against the CAA co-champ in Newark, it's your time Lehigh if you want to grab it.

I agree with this 100%.

bluehenbillk
December 3rd, 2010, 12:27 PM
LFN- we can all agree that 84+ pages of message board thread means zero in about 22.5 hrs when the game kicks off. Football games are played on the field. I'll be there cheering on the Hens tomorrow.

Oh and Briggsy, I plan on being here tomorrow night as I watch the last conference game Oklahoma & Nebraska will ever play with my Blackberry in hand. Looking forward to reviewing Saturday's action. This is my last post 'till after the game on this thread, my prediction: 27-7 Blue Hens.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 12:36 PM
bluehenbillk, ok, so now you are claiming that Lehigh's last win was against a Patriot League team?

Northern Iowa was ranked #16 in the FCS and is the champion of the MVFC, the #2 ranked conference in the FCS...

I hope this helps

Read much? He said nothing about Lehighs last game. Just the last 'nice' patriot league win over a CAA opponent, which was Colgate v Umass in 03.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 12:41 PM
bluehenbillk, ok, so now you are claiming that Lehigh's last win was against a Patriot League team?

Northern Iowa was ranked #16 in the FCS and is the champion of the MVFC, the #2 ranked conference in the FCS...

I hope this helps

Says the guy that found out three days ago that Lehigh played UNI last weekend.

GannonFan
December 3rd, 2010, 12:45 PM
Says the guy that found out three days ago that Lehigh played UNI last weekend.

Even more so considering he's the same guy who really thought that the actual Tubby Raymond was posting on this site, and posting under his actual name. There should be a rule that morons can't use the perjorative "moron" - it's just too ironical.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 12:59 PM
TheFan keeps bringing up the fact that 'Northern Iowa was ranked #16 in the FCS and is the champion of the MVFC, the #2 ranked conference in the FCS...'

I'm curious as to why all three teams 'from the #2 ranked conference' were playing on the opening weekend of the FCS playoffs?

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
ud_hens, Read much?

Are you kidding me?

He mostly talked about the Patriot League and here is what he said:

The purpose of my post was to open his eyes that the most recent game by Lehigh was NOT againstt a Patriot League team, but against the champion of the #2 ranked conference, the MVFC.

OR you could have read it a little more closely and realized it was [PL competition & stats] vs [CAA competition & stats] b/c you have attempted to do so since the beginning of this thread.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 01:09 PM
says the fan of JMWHO, a team that FAILED to make the FCS playoffs...

better luck next year...

Here's the difference. I'm actually an FCS fan. I'd rather watch the playoffs, even without JMU, than any of the FBS stuff. I actually had some respect for Lehigh at one point, although I can't remember when now. I'd like to think that my opinion is at least moderately respected around here.

You're a five year old in your mom's basement that can't actually respond to anything I write and won't be here after Saturday.

And, for the record, trying to be clever by using JMWHO which 1) was suggested tongue in cheek by another poster and 2) has been around longer than you, only increases the perception that you're a blithering idiot.

LehighGuy
December 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
Enough with this mindless football banter. Let's get this thread back on track:

Delaware fans are pretentious yuppies with more pairs of boat shoes than brains.

Ok go.... :-)

GannonFan
December 3rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Enough with this mindless football banter. Let's get this thread back on track:

Delaware fans are pretentious yuppies with more pairs of boat shoes than brains.

Ok go.... :-)

Seriously, this idea that UD, especially compared to Lehigh, is full of yuppies is just amazing to me. I've never heard of UD being considered so cosmopolitan before. And odd considering that Lehigh's tuition is about 2x of that of UD.

YoUDeeMan
December 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
TheFan is no Lehigh fan.

xnodx

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2010, 01:43 PM
mcveyrl, again sorry that your JMWHO wasn't good enough to get into the playoffs

maybe next year...

I am sure THEN it will be more fun to post on a thread that might actually involve a discussion about JMWHO football.

Who said this wasn't fun?? Guys like you are what makes the playoffs interesting. Maybe that's not the word I'm looking for...

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hey FAN this is Joe Pa two questions:

- How in God's name could you believe Tubby is here posting

- You going to the game

LehighGuy
December 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
Seriously, this idea that UD, especially compared to Lehigh, is full of yuppies is just amazing to me. I've never heard of UD being considered so cosmopolitan before. And odd considering that Lehigh's tuition is about 2x of that of UD.

Yea, yea....save it. I hope you and the Monopoly guy enjoy your pre-game wine and cheese tailgate before Lehigh shows you how to play football.

LehighGuy
December 3rd, 2010, 01:52 PM
Cluck U, well thanks for the kind comments

say

then please tell us what college The Fan is a fan of...

Seriously, if you must continue to post, stop posting ABOVE the damn quote. It makes no sense.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 01:59 PM
Heard LU couldn't sell the 500 tickets sent to them. Again are going to be at the game? Is this a difficult question? You know all the oher answers.

Regards,
Bear Bryant and Tubby Raymond

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM
LehighGuy, why don't you concentrate on discussing Delware v. Lehigh instead of how one posts their messages?

FAN,are you going to the game

GannonFan
December 3rd, 2010, 02:10 PM
Yea, yea....save it. I hope you and the Monopoly guy enjoy your pre-game wine and cheese tailgate before Lehigh shows you how to play football.

Says the guy from the school who has made it a point over the past 15 years to stop playing football and instead try to get as chummy as possible with the Ivy League elites they want to emulate. Seriously, one fanbase (nova - okay, fanbase is strong, so let's just go with 'those three nova guys') calls UD "pig farmers" and another fanbase, of a similar nova tuition level, calls us yuppies and a wine a cheese crowd. Somebody is clearly not seeing reality properly.

LehighGuy
December 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
Heard LU couldn't sell the 500 tickets sent to them. Again are going to be at the game? Is this a difficult question? You know all the oher answers.

Regards,
Bear Bryant and Tubby Raymond

Since I bought 25 myself....it seems highly unlikely.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
Since I bought 25 myself....it seems highly unlikely.

Didn't say you didn't sell any.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 02:22 PM
ud_hens, I am sorry, but the fact that 3 teams from the same conference play in the first round DOES NOT PROVE THAT THE MVFC IS NOT RANKED #2 IN THE FCS.

Didn't try to PROVE anything. Mine was just a question. Why is it that three teams 'from the #2 conference"were playing on the opening weekend of the playoffs?

Gordon Shumway
December 3rd, 2010, 03:16 PM
Didn't try to PROVE anything. Mine was just a question. Why is it that three teams 'from the #2 conference"were playing on the opening weekend of the playoffs?

I'm still trying to figure out what alternate universe has the MVFC as the #2 conference. Was the source of that rating cited in any of his 200+ posts? I'd like to know what ratings service had that so I would know which to avoid in the future. xlolx

I just took a gander at Sagarin, and they are 4th over there. Oh yeah, your question to him is valid. The SoCon had three teams in the top 12, yet the MVFC was somehow rated higher with zero teams in the top 12.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:25 PM
https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0At2w-dbZUZ2gdHp1ai1uX1NTTXA2UmtFVmxzdkxQdFE&hl=en&output=html

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0At2w-dbZUZ2gdHp1ai1uX1NTTXA2UmtFVmxzdkxQdFE&hl=en&gid=1

Northern Iowa won the #2 strongest conference. Why is it that when it's about Northern Iowa, then the strength of conference matters, but when it's Delaware's standing in the CAA, that gets thrown out the window?

Delaware is only the #1 GPI in the #1 rated conference, but they will obviously get smoked, based on the fact the equally as strong VU and W&M teams beat them.

The fact that Delaware's only losses (like Lehigh) are to CAA teams gets ignored. The fact that Delaware actually PLAYS in that conference, gets ignored.

Ud1Hens
December 3rd, 2010, 03:26 PM
I'm still trying to figure out what alternate universe has the MVFC as the #2 conference. Was the source of that rating cited in any of his 200+ posts? I'd like to know what ratings service had that so I would know which to avoid in the future. xlolx

I just took a gander at Sagarin, and they are 4th over there. Oh yeah, your question to him is valid. The SoCon had three teams in the top 12, yet the MVFC was somehow rated higher with zero teams in the top 12.

This.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 03:28 PM
Gordon, udhens claimed that he wasn't trying to imply that the MVFC shouldn't be a #2 ranked conference. However, even if he was, your statement on this matter, in red below is much more valid than his.

Maybe the proof lies in the fact that the champion of the MVFC lost to Lehigh?

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
What's really telling is the fact that there are 28 teams that lost more games than 9-2 Lehigh, and are still ranked above them. This is as of November 23rd before the playoffs began.

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?331-GPI-11-23-2010

Does it mean Lehigh CAN'T beat Delaware? Absolutely not. Will they? We'll find out in about 20 hours.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 03:36 PM
udhens, oh...ok...

As per your rationalization, so when Delaware, the co-champion of the CCA conference loses to Lehigh this Saturday, it will prove that the CCA is not worth of being ranked #1?

do you have any idea how ridiculously silly and foolish you are sounding in your last few posted messages?

Not as ridiculously silly and foolish you've sounded all week. Not at all. There are four teams from the CAA playing tomorrow. If all four teams lost then yes I would have no problems with questioning the CAA's #1 ranking.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:37 PM
You would think TheFan would know that it's the "CAA". Considering there's a representative of the CAA playing in the national title game for the past 5 out of 6 years.

This might be a shocker, but TheFan. WE'RE NOT NORTHERN IOWA AND YOU'RE NOT VILLANOVA OR WILLIAM AND MARY.

heath
December 3rd, 2010, 03:45 PM

HA! TheFan-
And there is the the '1014'. MrsFan,get the girls before they leave to head to the party,and figure the rest out.The numbers just don't add up for a PL miracle.
PS, get Coen to schedule the Dukes since he coached there and problem solved about the JMU question.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
Well the reason that Lehigh and Northern Iowa had to play in the first round was because of not only the strength of the CAA teams, but also because you can't have the first game against an intra-conference opponent.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:48 PM
cowboy, you are correct

you are not Northern Iowa
you are not Villanova
you are not Wiliam and Mary

but

you are still going to lose to Lehigh this weekend

good try though

Based on what?

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:50 PM
so cowboy, there are 28 teams that lost more games than Lehigh and are ranked higher than Lehigh's #18/19 ranking in the polls?

how does that work mathematically?

oops, you are a Delaware fan

nevermind

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0At2w-dbZUZ2gdHp1ai1uX1NTTXA2UmtFVmxzdkxQdFE&hl=en&output=html

Lehigh is 38th.

ud_hens
December 3rd, 2010, 03:52 PM
but udhens, is it not a FACT that you were questioning the ranking of a conference because of the loss of only ONE team and not four?

more squirming and squirming and squirming, I see

I'm not squirming at all. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact that the MVFC is not as strong as you might think, a fact that you have repeated ad nauseum that the MVFC 'was the #2 ranked conference.

And my questioning of the ranking goes beyong the champion of the MVFC losing to Lehigh. It's the fact that W Illinois squeaked by Coastal Carolina (a 6-5 conference champion, who lost to Towson of the CAA) and Robert Morris hanging with N Dakota St. for 3 quarters until N Dakota St put 23 up in the 4th quarter.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 03:55 PM
I'm not squirming at all. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact that the MVFC is not as strong as you might think, a fact that you have repeated ad nauseum that the MVFC 'was the #2 ranked conference.

It was the #2 based on the GPI.

Somehow beating the champion of the #2 conference is greater than being a co-champion of the #1 conference.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:04 PM
Of course, Delaware beat UMass and had a comfortable lead in the 2nd half. How'd that work out for UMass?

Even with those two games Delaware is STILL a top defense in the TOP conference.

Is Lehigh's offense going to even have double digit first downs?

ngineer
December 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
HA! TheFan-
And there is the the '1014'. MrsFan,get the girls before they leave to head to the party,and figure the rest out.The numbers just don't add up for a PL miracle.
PS, get Coen to schedule the Dukes since he coached there and problem solved about the JMU question.

Actually, we try like heck to schedule CAA and SoCon teams, but that is very tough to do because of the limited OOC games that can be done and some of which are planned for FBS payday opponents. We got lucky with UNH being able to take over for Villanova next year, but the Delaware matter has been beaten to death, and attempts with The Citadel, Wofford, and Elon have not been fruitful as the limited openings are reserved for money games. I think Lehigh, over the years, has shown great interest in scheduling schools from the 'power' conferences, but it is easier said than done. A lot of stars have to align properly.

heath
December 3rd, 2010, 04:05 PM
heath, ahhh...ok, I see now

the 1,014 figure is the number of yards allowed in Total Offense by Lehigh against two CAA teams at the beginning of the season. I get it know.

However, I think a more worrisome figure would be the massive amount of Total Offense yards allowed by Delaware in the last two games of the season, 865 yards in total, also to two CAA teams, don't you think?

OUCH!

Total Offense Allowed by Delaware Defense in its last two games
424 - Massachusetts
441 - Villanova

OOPS! missy.........Didn't Delaware win one of those games,go into OT in the other,rather than getting spanked in both?HA!

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 04:06 PM
Hey "Fan" are you going to the game or can't your mother drive. Look forward to seeing you.

Regards,
Tubby Raymond
Bear Bryant

I hope you deleted your embarressing post on the LU Board. What a horses ---

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:07 PM
cowboy, you see, no ONE said this...

however, Lehigh, by tomorrow late afternoon, WOULD HAVE BEATEN BOTH CONFERENCE CHAMPIONS, UNI AND Delaware.

Your opinion is based on nothing, of course.

rcny46
so cowboy, there are 28 teams that lost more games than Lehigh and are ranked higher than Lehigh's #18/19 ranking in the polls?

how does that work mathematically?

oops, you are a Delaware fan

nevermind

How does it work mathematically? Simple.If you work it out correctly,it means that in the case of UNH,the Engineers would lose once again by at least the same margin as they did in September,not the other way around.Good luck tomorrow

heath
Actually, we try like heck to schedule CAA and SoCon teams, but that is very tough to do because of the limited OOC games that can be done and some of which are planned for FBS payday opponents. We got lucky with UNH being able to take over for Villanova next year, but the Delaware matter has been beaten to death, and attempts with The Citadel, Wofford, and Elon have not been fruitful as the limited openings are reserved for money games. I think Lehigh, over the years, has shown great interest in scheduling schools from the 'power' conferences, but it is easier said than done. A lot of stars have to align properly.

How about the VA schools-UR,W&M.JMU.and now Liberty? Just a bus ride,and great FCS football

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
OOPS! missy.........Didn't Delaware win one of those games,go into OT in the other,rather than getting spanked in both?HA!

Well, you know if Ivy or Pat League teams can put big numbers on them, certainly Delaware's offense, averaging 405 yards, can't do it, since their defense is so talented. Yet it's Delaware's defense that's actually at the top of a tougher league.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:11 PM
cowboy, thanks for pointing out that Delaware, which allowed 865 yards in total offense in its last two conference games, 424 of which was to a non-playoff team, is still the top defense in the CAA. That says a lot of the CAA defenses, doesn't it?

Total Offense Allowed by Delaware Defense in its last two games
424 - Massachusetts
441 - Villanova

How many yards did Lehigh give up to non-playoff teams?

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:13 PM
rcny, oh ok...

so Lehigh who lost to UNH without QB Chris Lum, who averaged 250 yards and 2 TD's per game passing since the UNH game in the 8 straight Lehigh wins, would lose to UNH by the same margin as they lost in September?

oh, ok...that makes a lot of sense....

You're the same guy that dismissed the fact Delaware played without Devlin in the JMU game when bringing up how JMU held them to like 60 yards. And when posting the passing yards to Lum.

ngineer
December 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM
How about the VA schools-UR,W&M.JMU.and now Liberty? Just a bus ride,and great FCS football

Actually, Liberty is playing us next year at Goodman, with us making return visit in 2012. We played them in 2005, but they backed out of a the return in 2006 due to getting one of those payday games. We played W&M a few times back in the 1980's and 90's. It would be great to play them and UR, again.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
Still hilarious how because Villanova and W&M "shut down Delaware's rushing attack" then Lehigh can do it. Because Lehigh beat the #2's champion, then Lehigh can win tomorrow. Because UMass (a team with an offense better than Delaware's) put up yards after UD was up by 3 scores, then that means Lehigh can do it. Apparently Delaware won't be able to run, Devlin will be completely rattled by the Lehigh defense, and Delaware's #1 scoring defense in the country, will give up 28 points.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 04:18 PM
ok, thanks cowboy,...and speaking of Total Offense of Delaware, UNI had about the same figures, 405 to 395.
how did that work out for UNI?

hint: they scored only 7 points and were held to 230 yards below their Tot Offense average.

oops!

Did you erase your post on the LU Board?

Going to the game?

Absorb too much rust from the closed mills?

Tubby

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:22 PM
So against weak Patriot teams, you can stop them. Against CAA teams, not so much.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:23 PM
How'd that work out for JMU?

Delaware won the game where they only got 70 yards rushing against JMU, and in the game where they gave up 424 to UMass, they still won.

It will be great when Delaware hangs at least 30 on Lehigh's defense.

You actually think that if you shut down Delaware's rushing attack, then you automatically win. Good strategy considering you can't win if you can't score.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:27 PM
In Lehigh's last two games, 272 total yards against Lafayette and 336 against UNI. And those are against teams not as good as Delaware's D.

Oh wait, you did put up yards on powerhouses like Colgate, Holy Cross, and Georgetown.

What are you going to do when you can't run the ball or complete a pass on Delaware's D? Because that's much more realistic.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
ok cowboy, I see that you are posting more reasonable info

yes, fully agree with this

thanks for finally realizing what is going to happen tomorrow

Name me a team that's "rattled" Pat Devlin since he's come to Delaware? Hint: It's not Lehigh.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:30 PM
It's still the number 1 defense and your offense averages 23 in a weak conference.

Thanks for trying though.

CAA Average points against Lehigh: 33 ppg. Ouch.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:33 PM
cowboy, thanks for another "brainic" post

Lehigh has not "rattled" Devlin yet

because

Lehigh has not played Delaware yet

I hope this helps

Yeah well he's not that kid from Princeton who threw it for 392 yards on you.

Number of first downs Lehigh averaged against the CAA per game: 8.

It's going to be a long day for your offense.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
cowboy, maybe this table below might help you out a little in terms of football

Lehigh beat Lafayette
Lehigh beat UNI

I hope this help in bettering your understanding of football a little better

Delaware beat JMU and UMass, so your "recent stats" posted are negated.

I think it's hilarious how you use the stats to argue your points, until they favor the other team.

heath
December 3rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
Actually, Liberty is playing us next year at Goodman, with us making return visit in 2012. We played them in 2005, but they backed out of a the return in 2006 due to getting one of those payday games. We played W&M a few times back in the 1980's and 90's. It would be great to play them and UR, again.

Where can I find a 2011 schedule for Lehigh,I've heard Monmouth, CCU,Yale etc. Thanks

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:35 PM
"rattled" would describe Lum.

Lum: 16 interceptions vs. the Patriot League

Devlin: 2 interceptions vs. the CAA

Ud1Hens
December 3rd, 2010, 04:38 PM
Don't even bother cowboy91...he is probably hitting F5 a hundred times a minute waiting for you to take the bait. No need to waste your time. Just enjoy the night, and we'll see where the chips have fallen at 3:30 on Saturday. I have a feeling we'll be having a beer on Main St Saturday night talking about how we match up vs BCU/UNH.

Thanks for the good convo everyone and see you tomorrow after the game

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:44 PM
lol @ Lehigh's defense giving up a lot of 1st downs, not being able to stop team on 3rd down, or their offense converting on 3rd down. In a better conference Delaware is #1 in fewest first downs allowed, #2 in opponent 3rd down, and #1 for converting 3rd down. Delaware also leads the CAA in TOP. + 12 in TO margin, as opposed to +4 for LU.

I'm serious, HOW is Lehigh's offense going to put up 28? You better hope there's a turnover and a kickoff return. I think you'll get a lot of practice running kickoffs back tomorrow.

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 04:46 PM
Don't even bother cowboy91...he is probably hitting F5 a hundred times a minute waiting for you to take the bait. No need to waste your time. Just enjoy the night, and we'll see where the chips have fallen at 3:30 on Saturday. I have a feeling we'll be having a beer on Main St Saturday night talking about how we match up vs BCU/UNH.

Thanks for the good convo everyone and see you tomorrow after the game

Cowboy, this is the guy your wasting your time with.

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=659&sid=e8540bce13ab4084f66fa948c7a20436

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
cowboy, and now you are down to posting false figures?

why is this?

you know very well that Lehigh averaged a lot more than 23 points per game in the Patriot League.

In fact the figure is 29.2 points per game in Patriot League for Lehigh

29.2 in the Pat League only, is still not as good as 28.4 in the CAA (only; Delaware also played 2 more conference games. Lehigh only plays 6)

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:49 PM
TEN is more than Devlin's TWO.

RichH2
December 3rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
My Lord, saw 75 now 92. If it weren't so repetitively inane, it would be an interesting evening read. Heck fellas might as well go for 100+. I reiterate my hope that the game is more interesting. Good luck and good game to both squads. GO LEHIGH

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:57 PM
Delaware in 8 games against the CAA gave up 119 for a 14.9 average.

Lehigh in 2 games against the CAA gave up 66 for a 33 average.

By this time tomorrow, CAA losses:
Delaware: 2
Lehigh: 3

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 04:59 PM
You are implying and assuming that your team is as good as Villanova, which is false given you holding them to a mere 490 yards and 35 points.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
so cowboy, showing that little pea brain inside that scull again

can you please tell us what in the world does playing 8 versus 6 games in league have to do with the AVERAGE points scored in league?

unbelievable!

Did you not 1) just misspell "skull" and 2) think tubby raymond was actually posting on a message board?

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
cowboy, I am not implying anything

I am saying that Lehigh is going to be Delware tomorrow

so live with it

and

come back to apologize for your stupidity tomorrow night...

I don't think they can "be" Delaware.

charliej
December 3rd, 2010, 05:15 PM
Hate to barge into the TheFan/cowboy chirping match, but I have a question for UD posters.

Been scarce lately and was wondering if chickenman was still around.Not seen or heard from him. Just curious.

... okay boys , get back at it. See if you can hit 300 post's each before KO tomorrow.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 05:39 PM
Not going to happen since I'll actually be attending the game.

LEHIGH61
December 3rd, 2010, 07:25 PM
The game IS NOT on the schedule at NCAA.com. What gives?

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 07:56 PM
cougarpines, sorry, but I NEVER erase my posted messages...

something about being very comfortable about what I post...

So you like looking like a horses ---. Thats a dumb question, sorry, you have made that obvious ad nauseum

Ud1Hens
December 3rd, 2010, 07:57 PM

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_FCS_football.html

When you click on the UD/LU game it says, ncaa.com

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
Hate to barge into the TheFan/cowboy chirping match, but I have a question for UD posters.

Been scarce lately and was wondering if chickenman was still around.Not seen or heard from him. Just curious.

... okay boys , get back at it. See if you can hit 300 post's each before KO tomorrow.

He is to smart to get involved in this nonsense. Go to gohens.net

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 08:02 PM

Don't worry, someone will put the game on a website. Like channelsurfing.net

cougarpines
December 3rd, 2010, 08:08 PM
Good.Does that mean your done.

cowboy91
December 3rd, 2010, 08:11 PM
To all those Delware fans out there

I want to wish you good luck tomorrow and may the best team on the field during those 3 hours win

TheFan

Considering Delaware is the best team on the field you want them to win now? Awesome.

And yes I am being sarcastic.

ngineer
December 3rd, 2010, 10:23 PM
I'm off to NewARK tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. Really looking forward to this. Weather looks very good. Sunny and mid-40's. Maybe a little breezy, but nothing serious. I hope both teams play well and no serious injuries so the following week's game is not effected. Don't expect to be back until evening. Looks like a large LU contingent will be tailgating to the north of Gate C.
L-E-H-I-G-H! LEHIGH!! GO MOUNTAIN HAWKS!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2010, 10:54 PM
I'll be at the game as well! Shock the world Hawks!!

Go Lehigh!!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 3rd, 2010, 11:08 PM
I'll be there too to see the war unfold. Go Lehigh!

Go...gate
December 3rd, 2010, 11:56 PM
Pulling for the Engineers, but also hoping for a great game by both teams with no major injuries. This is a classic eastern football matchup. Those of you who will be at Delaware Stadoum, enjoy!

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Of course your stats just happen to be the last 7 games, against the Patriot League and Northern Iowa.

It's no mistake that you're obviously not posting what he did against CAA level competition. 8-88 against Villanova and 2-26 against UNH.

That's an average of 5 for 57 and 0 TD's against CAA competition. And neither Villanova or New Hampshire as a secondary as good as Delaware.

And please spare the "Well, Villanova and UMass passed on you". response, you're not them. The same way Delaware isn't Northern Iowa or in the Patriot League.

If Lehigh wins, then great for them, they'll have earned it and it would not be a complete shocker if they did.

LU65
December 4th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I'll be there as well. Trip from north Jersey begins in 20 minutes. Double-header concludes tonight at Stabler with Fordham in town to challenge the 4-3, CJ-led Mountain Hawks.

kardplayer
December 4th, 2010, 05:45 AM
Heading out the door now. Just hope those big bad Blue Hens aren't too mean with us little bitty Patriot Leaguers.

Ud1Hens
December 4th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Delaware special teams getting more special? Anything will help...

Matt Marcorelle, the oft-injured middle linebacker, will be on punt protection and kickoff return teams. Safety Anthony Bratton will be on punt coverage and return and kickoff coverage. Linebacker Paul Worrilow will be on kickoff coverage and punt return. Other starters will join them.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20101204/SPORTS07/12040313/Delaware-Blue-Hens-football-Special-teams-get-new-depth

cowboy91
December 4th, 2010, 05:54 AM
Putting Russo, Barr, and Leon Jackson back on kickoff coverage might help.

colorless raider
December 4th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Pulling for the Engineers, but also hoping for a great game by both teams with no major injuries. This is a classic eastern football matchup. Those of you who will be at Delaware Stadoum, enjoy!

Come on, you can make an hour and half trip! Be a PL fan. I'm going.

van
December 4th, 2010, 06:38 AM
only 25 minutes to the Tub for me, meeting frat bros for tailgate at 10, GO ENGINEERS!http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/icons/icon6.png

LEHIGH61
December 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM
WE GOT SCREWED BY THE WFMZ COVERAGE. NCAA.COM DOES NOT INDICATE THAT IT WILL STREAM THE GAME. I AM IN CONNECTICUT AND NOW I DON't HAVE TIME TO DRIVE TO THE LEHIGH VALLEY AREA TO WATCH THE GAME. DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO WATCH IT ON THE INTERNET? help!!!!

bunny
December 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM
WE GOT SCREWED BY THE WFMZ COVERAGE. NCAA.COM DOES NOT INDICATE THAT IT WILL STREAM THE GAME. I AM IN CONNECTICUT AND NOW I DON't HAVE TIME TO DRIVE TO THE LEHIGH VALLEY AREA TO WATCH THE GAME. DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY OTHER POSSIBLE WAY TO WATCH IT ON THE INTERNET? help!!!!

There should be coverage on the UD site here: http://www.ums.udel.edu/udlive/

Also, I suspect that the ncaa.com site will update closer to game time (click on the UD v Lehigh part of the bracket): http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_FCS_football.html

GateRaider63
December 4th, 2010, 10:00 AM

Try this when the time comes...
http://channelsurfing.net/watch-delaware.html

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Let us know if there's a free webcast somewhere.....otherwise gotta watch Appy for 1st hour....

R3TRO
December 4th, 2010, 11:03 AM
ChannelSurfing link isn't working.... bummer :-\

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Every fricking game of little league world series is broadcast on espn hd but were force to scramble to watch 1 camera streaming links makes me want to puke

Chemhen
December 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Really messed up; UD has streamed all their games online so far without any big problems. Only thing I can think is the NCAA stepped in and decided to take charge of the stream but couldn't handle it.

Live stats: http://www.ncaa.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mfootbl.html?event=970858&school=ncaa&sport=mfootbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:08 AM
AP fumbles again. UD recovers.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:13 AM
UD coverts on 4th and 10. Ball on Lehigh 11 yard line.

Chemhen
December 4th, 2010, 11:14 AM
4th and 10 after Lehigh sack at 27. Delaware goes for it; 16 yrd pass play.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:15 AM
AP TD. UD 7-0 early 1st.

Chemhen
December 4th, 2010, 11:16 AM
TD Hens

Chemhen
December 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
AP TD. UD 7-0 early 1st.

I bow to your superior connection skills. xlolx

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I bow to your superior connection skills. xlolx

lol. I am just listening )

Wildcat80
December 4th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Game on local lehigh Tv but not online....sux!

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Lehigh escapes going 3 and out with a PI on #8. Unforunately for MEAC refs. #8 plays offense. Lol

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Mountain hawks driving. 3rd and Goal from 13 yard line.

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2010, 11:25 AM
here is a link....... http://www.wfmz.com/playvideo/index.html

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Enough of my play by play. Here is the link.

http://www.wfmz.com/playvideo/index.html

Mattymc727
December 4th, 2010, 11:31 AM
UNH, thanks, it works

just for this you will win your playoff game today

ha!

god I hope so, bit nervous,have no idea how good BC is......

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
UNH guys, the stream from daytona up and running already on channel surfing so no panic button for our game

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:35 AM
UD fumbles again. Lehigh recovers. 7-7 3:31 left in the 1st.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
10-7 Lehigh FG.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Devlin with a strike TD. 14-10 UD. 11:56 in the 2nd Q.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Lehigh answers with a FG. 14-13 UD 7:37 2nd Q.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 12:13 PM
UD answers with another TD. Devlin to Campbell. 21-13 UD. 3:13 left in 1st half.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Lum INT to end the half. 21-13 UD

danefan
December 4th, 2010, 12:32 PM
Lehigh playing out of their mind right now passing the ball (sans the INT to end the half).

The Delaware secondary can't cover a crossing patern to save their lives. If they make that adjustment at half, LU is in trouble.

heath
December 4th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Lehigh playing out of their mind right now passing the ball (sans the INT to end the half).

The Delaware secondary can't cover a crossing patern to save their lives. If they make that adjustment at half, LU is in trouble.

Lehigh has run that pattern all year,but usually with 3 Wrs,not 4-5 like they have played today.Look for more screens or trick plays if UD stops the crossing pattern

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 12:39 PM

Lehigh is running the Nova pick plays We have MEAC refs. These are the dumbest refs of all time. UD is up against it for the stupidity of MEAC refs. We will win in the long run.

Hopefully we will never see the MEAC refs again.

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Another Delaware fan blaming the refs for the close score

not surprising

Delaware has already scored 21 points. This is 7 points lower than your prediction game end preditction. Looks like another Lehigh fan trying to whine your way out of a UD beat down. I am at the game. Where are you???

heath
December 4th, 2010, 12:52 PM
danefan, when you say that Lehigh will be in trouble in the 2nd half after Delaware adjustments, do some research and check out how Lehigh has done in 2nd half after adjustments. Pay particular attention to the 21-19 win against Harvard after Lehigh was behind 17-0 at half, or the 24-7 win against Georgetown after being behind 7-6 at the half, or the 14-7 wind against UNI after being behind 7-0 at the half, among others.

OOPS,guess 28-14 isn't working.and why isn't your SORRY A$$ at the game missy? What a crock!

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Good 3 and out to start the half for Lehigh.

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 12:54 PM
The Lehigh rushing offense is being owned by the Delaware D. The Lehigh rush attack (If you want to call it that) is Delaware's Beyotch!!!

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
UD scores after 3 and out by Lehigh. 28-13 UD 10:09 in the 3rd Q.

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Another TD Delaware.

It is cold here but I love it.

Where is the fan????????

heath
December 4th, 2010, 01:01 PM
If LU doesn't score this series,and already down by 15,it's gonna get TheFan-like(ugly)

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:10 PM
MEAC Refs are having a great drive here.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Both teams drives stall. Lehighs ball on their 9 yard line. 28-13 UD 6:34 in the 3rd Q

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
MEAC Refs are having a great drive here.

MEAC refs are incompetent. I would say they are a rascist but they have proven their stupidity in an equal opportunity manner. MEAC refs are the most incomptent humans I have ever seen and I have seen them since the 80's

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:20 PM
Lehigh 3 and out. 5:16 3Q UD ball 28-13.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:22 PM
TD UD Quick strike on the ground. 35-13. 4:45 3rd Q.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Walters with the INT. UD ball. 2:56 3rd Q.

CaliHen
December 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM
::woodshed::

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Where is the The Fan???

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:30 PM
This is hilarious. Delaware is totally owning Lehigh. Where is the Fan????

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Fan: stand up and take it like a man xasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipx

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Another UD TD.

Where is the Fan????

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Delvin scores again. 42-13. The rout continues. 17.2 seconds left in the 3rd Q.

blukeys
December 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Fan: stand up and take it like a man xasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipxxasswhipx

The truth is the Fan is not a man. You will not hear from him again.

CaliHen
December 4th, 2010, 01:34 PM
the fan is an internet troll posting from his mother's basement. His balls haven't dropped yet so don't expect him to take it "like a man"...

Old Cat Fan
December 4th, 2010, 01:35 PM
OldCat, huh?

and what is that supposed to mean?

Just because I don't post in a couple of minutes while watching the game, I am not taking this game like a Man?

huh?

No it just means that the Hen fans are going to light you up !

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
42-13 UD end of 3rd. Lehigh ball.

heath
December 4th, 2010, 01:39 PM
OldCat, huh?

and what is that supposed to mean?

Just because I don't post in a couple of minutes while watching the game, I am not taking this game like a Man?

huh?

Do us all a favor and DON'T POST for a couple of years,or until after you graduate.You my feathered one ,have been a complete black eye for the LU fan base.No more excuses,just congratulate The better team. Lehigh should be proud of their great season...........not of "fans " like you.

Nebuta
December 4th, 2010, 01:42 PM
TD Lehigh. Lum connects for TD. 42-20. 13:36 in the 4th Q.

heath
December 4th, 2010, 01:49 PM
heath, huh?

I'm sorry but has the game been completed yet?

Absolutely mam,enjoy your last quarter