PDA

View Full Version : Delaware vs Lehigh

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Jeff Sagarin's weighting includes all games, as the ratings of teams and conferences are dynamic, and change from week to week to reflect current strength, not past strength.

There's no valid statistical reason to do more than that.

I'm glad that games are played in football stadiums and not on computers. If they were, Lehigh would stand no chance. xlolx

UD1993
November 30th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I didn't know losing in overtime is considered getting "destroyed." Just sayin'.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 04:59 PM
It's comical that you say Villanova "destroyed" Delaware, by 7, in overtime, when you lost by 35 points to them. Beating a weak UNI team doesn't justify your weak schedule.

I like how somehow because UD lost in the season finale, then clearly they're not going to win.

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I'm glad that games are played in football stadiums and not on computers. If they were, Lehigh would stand no chance. xlolx

I've said all along none of this stuff matters a bit at kickoff... but I gotta hold up my end of a statistical discussion...

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Oldhen, you are absolutely and completely wrong.....

to not consider how a team has improved during the season would be considered a significant "weakness" in any rating figures - which is where the polls come in, since they take into account the more recent games on a more weighted basis.

No, actually, the Sagarin ratings are dynamic... if you beat a team with a 75 rating, that then goes in the tank and loses six straight, their Sagarin index plummets to 60, say, and their contribution to YOUR rating is adjusted accordingly to reflect that. Ditto with a team with a rating of 65, that goes on a tear and beats the next six teams. their rating will go up and their contribution to your rating will be adjusted along with it.

The weekly recalculations are why the early ratings aren't worth a bucket of warm spit, but the last ones are usually pretty good.... and they adjust for exactly what you're complaining about.

yorkcountyUNHfan
November 30th, 2010, 05:11 PM
but cowboy, what UNI team are you talking about?

the one that barely lost to 3rd ranked Stephen F. Austin 22-20, who by the way, is favored to beat CCA's Villanova this weekend?

you know which Villanova, don't you?

the very same Villanova that destroyed Delaware the other week.

so, please tell us how "horrible" UNI, the Champion of the MVC is.

That's very interesting....what other teams did Villanova play this season

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 05:12 PM
but Oldhen you have been utterly destroyed in the statistical discussion, particularly because it was purely based on the rushing defense comparison of the two schools and you switched it over to total offense and total defense, then somehow ignored the importance of putting more weight on recent games versus games played at the beginning of the year...

good try though...!

You can apply my adjustment to any season long numbers you choose. I just didn't take the time to do it. Like I'm not taking the time to go any further with you. Think whatever you like.

Nice chatting with you. Good luck Saturday. Glad your ESL class was so good.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:24 PM
That same Delaware rushing offense that ended up tied for #1? 2074 yards for a 188.5 average? The offense that averages over 400 yards per game? Lehigh averages 109 yards per game rushing, yet somehow will hold a team to under 80? Logical.

Playing in the Pat League = bigger ouch. It's funny how the "more recent games matter more" argument just happens to leave out the two games where Lehigh got smoked by CAA teams.

You know, like when Villanova held mightly Lehigh to 29 YARDS RUSHING.

Delaware has better numbers in a better conference, across the board, but okay.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/8500/Stats/FB/2010/confldrs.htm

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:27 PM
because it was purely based on the rushing defense comparison of the two schools !

I always thought 106 was less than 109. You lose again.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM
Congratulations to Lehigh, you outgained Delaware's freshman running back by about 170 yards.

AAadict
November 30th, 2010, 05:35 PM
Some playoff PL games I have attended that played out much different than expected...

1. Lafayette @ App. State (2005): Very, Very close and I think The Leopards led for 3 qtrs. ASU wins NC.
2. Holy Cross @ Villanova (2009): Dominic Randolph torched Villanova but HC had no D. VU wins NC.
3. Lafayette @ Delaware (2004): A real thriller. Late pick 6 by UD as LC was about to tie as I recall.

Worst example of PL in the playoffs:

1. Colgate vs. Delaware (2003): This NC game was the worst football game I ever attended. Colgate fans were out of Tenn. By the final whistle.

...purposely avoiding the playoffs of 2000.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Let me do this so you can follow.

Your rushing defense has given up 109 yards per game. Delaware's rushing defense has given up 106 per game on average. Against better competition. Again, your RUSHING DEFENSE. You clearly missed my comparison of RUSHING DEFENSES.

You are also facing a team that's averaged 188.5 yards per game. You understand why predicting an 80 yard rushing performance makes little sense, right? You're going to hold a team to 105 yards UNDER the average?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Notice the RUSHING DEFENSE numbers of William and Mary and Villanova:

RUSHING DEFENSE G Rushes Yards Avg. TD Yds/G
----------------------------------------------------------
1. Villanova........... 11 358 1091 3.0 9 99.2
2. Delaware............ 11 334 1167 3.5 5 106.1
3. William and Mary.... 11 378 1341 3.5 14 121.9

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM
and to further prove this point, Delaware rushed for only 70 yards against 29th ranked James Madison and barely won 13-10 on a last second field goal.

Yup...with a freshman QB getting his first ever significant action on the road no less.

Does anyone else envision 'thefan' as a guy sitting at his computer hitting F5 every 30 seconds to see if someone responded to his posts?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:49 PM
A weak team from a weak conference beating another weak team from another weak conference doesn't mean you can beat a team that's proven to be one of the stronger teams in a much stronger conference.

Do you know anything about football or SOS?

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Question TheFan. Not saying it's going to happen but are you actually going to be still talking on these boards if Lehigh gets annihilated Saturday? Just curious.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:52 PM
cowboy, thanks

but were ARE NOT talking about Delaware's rushing defense, are we?

we already know that they are going to shut down Lehigh's rushing offense...

now, if you want to see what is going to happen to Delaware's rushing offense against Lehigh, just follow the figures above with the UNI comparison.

somehow, I have the funny feeling that you aren't even capable of being one of the 57% that gets admitted to Delaware. Maybe you are still in Junior College or just a high school student...

188 yards rushing against a rushing defense that's given up 109. YOU don't seem to grasp that. Maybe you should worry about what the NFL quarterback can do to your defense.

I like how what Delaware has done in the regular season means nothing (but that 8 game win streak does), and the only thing that matters is the UNI game.

1 game doesn't justify you being in the playoffs, but Saturday will justify you not belonging.

Chemhen
November 30th, 2010, 05:53 PM
somehow, I have the funny feeling that you aren't even capable of being one of the 57% that gets admitted to Delaware. Maybe you are still in Junior College or just a high school student...

Why is it that almost every discussion with a PL poster eventually turns to academics? Its a football board...who cares?

To reference a previous post (which I am too lazy to find and repost), if Lehigh holds Delaware to <70 yards rushing on the day, Delaware will have a tough time rushing. Will they? Stats are nice, but since, apart from Villanova and UNH early in the season, there is no real connection between the teams, they're not too helpful. We'll know the story at 3:30 on Saturday.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Yup...with a freshman QB getting his first ever significant action on the road no less.

Does anyone else envision 'thefan' as a guy sitting at his computer hitting F5 every 30 seconds to see if someone responded to his posts?

He is going back and forth on GoHens to PM me telling me he isn't rbriggs_GOHAWKS even though they're both online and posting at the same time. Feverishly.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
cowboy, is there something to the fact the Lehigh held UNI, a team with a higher rushing average per game than Delaware, to only 3.7 yards per rushing attempt that YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND?

so what is going to happen to Delaware against Lehigh?

less than 80 yards rushing for the whole game...

good luck though

And Delaware averages 4.5 yards per rush. What's your point? Because you "shut down" a bad, 4 loss, one-dimensional team? Wow.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 05:58 PM
He is going back and forth on GoHens to PM me telling me he isn't rbriggs_GOHAWKS even though they're both online and posting at the same time. Feverishly.

Yeah it's pretty obvious...kinda crazy how two 'seperate' posters think Lehigh will win 28-14 and UD won't be able to rush and all of his posts are almost word for word the same

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Re: Hens' needs for 2011
by rbriggs_GOHAWKS on Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:58 pm

NOW THIS IS APPROPRIATE CONVERSATION HEADING INTO SATURDAY. YOUR LOSS TO THE HAWKS WILL MAKE THIS TOPIC TAKE OFF COME SUNDAY AM. WE'LL CONTINUE TO TALK ABOUT HOSTING BETHUNE COOKMAN AT GOODMAN ONCE THE CAA HAS BEEN EXPOSED FOR THE FRAUD CONFERENCE IT IS, AND YOU NINNIES CAN TALK ABOUT WHAT YOU NEED TO REACH OUR LEVEL.

HOHOHOHOHOHOHO

28-14
rbriggs_GOHAWKS

UD Class: 1900

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
haha @ thefan posting here and being listed online at gohens at the SAME TIME. It's just a coincidence though.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Blue Hen fans have to admit that this is the game they wanted - and feared most. This is the best northeastern FCS game in a long, long while. This one goes way beyond the playoffs.

This is one for the ages.

Nobody at Delaware "fears" the matchup with Lehigh. But I guess it's nice you think that.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 06:07 PM
With all this talk from thefan about how UD won't be able to rush on Lehigh he has yet to offer his great stats on how:

Lehigh will run the ball vs UD, pass the ball vs UD, score on the nation's top scoring defense, stop the CAA's top scoring offense, and why when Lehigh faced two decent CAA teams they lost 66-10 and gave up over 1,000 yards of offense??

Stop with the rushing stats and why UD won't be able to run on you...just answer the above questions.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Posting at 7:02 on GoHens and then here a couple minutes later, not really convincing anyone.

Unlike Lehigh, Delaware is not one-dimensional.

Chemhen
November 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Chemhen, please take some time to review the posted messages of this thread...

you will find that NONE of the Lehigh fans mentioned the academics until the Delaware fans started talking about it...

oops, forget, as a Delaware fan it might take you too long to read the thread, so NEVERMIND.

Damn it. I fed the troll. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.

/slaps_self

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:13 PM
THE FAN HASN'T SAID ONE THING I DON'T AGREE WITH. BUT I AM NOT HIM

BRAVE OF YOU TO CALL ME OUT IN PUBLIC

HOHOHOHOHOHO

Good job TheFan. You were only called out on THIS board, but responded on your other name on GoHens.

xsmileyclapx

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Note: Using capitalization doesn't make it a "different style" when you are signed on at the exact same time.

It's nothing compared to the CAA. Then again I can't expect someone from the Pat League to understand that, with those battles with teams like Fordham, Bucknell, Colgate, mighty Holy Cross. Clearly battle-tested.

I guess I can see why UNI and Lehigh was a good matchup, you both played Drake.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:19 PM
cowboy, you moron....

I am not posting on the other website....

so please, continue to believe so....

Caps lock is off now, huh?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Good job TheFan. You were only called out on THIS board, but responded on your other name on GoHens.

xsmileyclapx

LOL

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 06:23 PM
VuCats, other than congratulating Delaware for a victory over Lehigh, if Delaware wins (which it won't), why would I want to be posting on these boards if Lehigh is eliminated?

There are plenty of fans of other teams that continue to talk good football even when their team is out. It's called being a fan of FCS football and being able to talk about other aspects of the game (not post the same crap every post).

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:25 PM
cowboy, what Delaware freshman running back are you talking about?

the one that is going to rush for less than 50 yards against Lehigh on Saturday?

that freshman running back?

If your rush defense was nearly as good as Villanova or William and Mary's, maybe. It's not. The same guy who rushed for an average of 104 (of course you highlight the bad games) and an average of nearly 5 ypg.

Actually, you're probably right, if UD throws on your defense and goes up a few scores they will rest him.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM
LOL

Apparently the poster on the gohens board just happened to be online at the same time and happened to be reading this thread...at the same time.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:26 PM
cowboy, so how did that Delaware 4.5 yards per carry rushing average work out against these teams?

Rushing Yards per Attempt by Delaware
1.5 - Against William & Mary
1.8 - Against James Madison
2.1 - Against Villanova

OOPS!

How'd you do against the only CAA teams you faced in 2010? Oops!

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:30 PM
The fact that the only two teams to beat Delaware (and Lehigh for that matter) are each in the playoffs, thereby solidifying the strength of the CAA eludes him.

Pretty sure losing by 7 to Villanova isn't nearly as embarassing as losing to them by 35.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Ud1Hens, oops, I am sorry, but as a Lehgh fan, if I don't post here if they lose Saturday, then the stuff that I am posting right now is "crap"?

is this what you are saying?

Well when you repost the same things over and over again for 38 pages it gets old. The nice thing is he'll be gone by Saturday at 3:30

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Does this argument sound familiar, from this thread?

Re: Love it
by rbriggs_GOHAWKS on Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:17 pm

I THINK ITS CUTE HOW YOU RELY ON THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF OTHERS TO MAKE YOURSELF FEEL BETTER ABOUT HOW "GOOD" YOUR TEAM IS. I WILL REST ON LU'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS--CONFERENCE CHAMPS OUTRIGHT (AND NOT CLAIMING SOME RIDICULOUS CO-CHAMPION TITLE WITH A TEAM THAT BEAT US), IMPROVED RECRUITING, CONSISTENT IMPROVEMENT, AND BEATING THE CHAMPION OF THE #2 FCS CONFERENCE IN A PLACE YOU DOPES DIDN'T THINK WE COULD WIN TO BRING OUR WIN STREAK TO 8.

WHAT'S UD'S WIN STREAK AT, DOEFAN?

HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 28-14

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 06:38 PM
The fact that the only two teams to beat Delaware (and Lehigh for that matter) are each in the playoffs, thereby solidifying the strength of the CAA eludes him.

Pretty sure losing by 7 to Villanova isn't nearly as embarassing as losing to them by 35.

Get off your high horse cowboy. You should be embarassed to losing to Villanova by any score. Delaware had every advantage and blew it. Don't underestimate lehigh. Win or lose this game won't be a blowout.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Well, lets see,

Lehigh lost to Villanova, which Delaware also lost

Lehigh lost to UNH, but Delaware didn't play, otherwise that would have been another lose for Delaware

and

Delaware lost to W&M, which Lehigh didn't play

I hope this helps

oh, and Lehigh's last loss?
2 months ago

Delaware's last loss?
1 week ago

If only transitive property worked in football.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately this thread has gone in the crapper...anyway...I'm looking forward to seeing if UD can come out strong and ready to play from the opening kick. I also want to see if UD scores TDs in the red zone rather than settling for FGs. Inside the 20 has been the dead zone. I doubt we see any new wrinkles in the offense but maybe stretch the field with Jones or get Thaxton out in space where he is most dangerous. AP should respond well after the bye week should have him fresher than in prior weeks. If not, Keeler has to have the confidence to bring in Hayes and/or Jackson to spell him. They are really nice change of pace backs and are both capable of the home run.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Get off your high horse cowboy. You should be embarassed to losing to Villanova by any score. Delaware had every advantage and blew it. Don't underestimate lehigh. Win or lose this game won't be a blowout.

I missed that 40-0 whipping Lehigh put on UNI, apparently.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
cowboy, are really that stupid to understand that the post that you quoted is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRITING STYLE THAN MINE?

oops, forgot, you are a Delaware fan

sorry, never mind

Says the guy that says Lehigh holds Delaware to under 80 yards rushing and will win 28-14.

Isn't it time for a new screen name, Hawker?

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 06:50 PM
As long as you didn't miss Whitney and Co. take out your team for the win. I hope your team comes out with the same pompous attitude they had against nova.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:53 PM
your rushing game will be shut down, forcing your great passer to pass plenty of times...

hopefully the Lehigh defense can harrass him enough to throw a few interceptions and many incompletes...

he will be sacked at least 4 times during the game once Delaware realizes that they can't run and have to force the pass.

take some time to review the Lehigh/UNI game and watch how relentless the Lehigh defense was on the UNI QB, the best rushing QB in the FCS.

He's thrown 3 interceptions, against CAA defenses. Oh, and he threw for about 300 yards on the vaunted W&M and Villanova defenses you mentioned, in those games where they "couldn't run". Take some time to review him pick defenses apart.

I don't see the connection between Villanova and W&M (2 playoff teams) "shutting down" Delaware's rushing attack and what Lehigh can do.

You do understand that an entire season of CAA is a broader scope than your one game against UNI? Or maybe not.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM
As long as you didn't miss Whitney and Co. take out your team for the win. I hope your team comes out with the same pompous attitude they had against nova.

Do you even have a team?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 06:57 PM
cowboy, just pay attention to how Lehigh is going to shut down your rushing game and harrass your QB during that whole game....

good luck there...

Quick question, are you going to be coming to the game?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM
cowboy, just pay attention to how Lehigh is going to shut down your rushing game and harrass your QB during that whole game....

good luck there...

What do you BASE this on? Because teams better than Lehigh did it? Because Lehigh did it against Northern Iowa?

We're not Northern Iowa, the same way you're not William and Mary or Villanova.

Delaware beat James Madison. You're not nearly as talented as they are, either.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Are you even going to score on OUR #1 ranked defense? I doubt it.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:11 PM
You beat a 4 loss team with a bad QB that threw 3 interceptions.

We'll see what happens this week.

Oh, can you please tell me about your STUD secondary?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:17 PM
It's not impressive to get interceptions against a running QB. Let's see what happens when you step up to varsity this week. Going to take it easy now until Saturday. Good luck.

Tubby Raymond
November 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Tubby, come back to us on Sunday when Lehigh is shown to have limited Delaware to less than 80 yards rushing for the whole game....

See we're kinda funny in Delaware, we take look at the final score to determine if our team has had a good game.

Oh, and if Devlin has 350 yards passing and we get 80 on the ground, I'll take it. You see both areas of the game work in conjuction with one another. Take one thing away and open up the other part of the offense. Consequently, you can't judge the success or failure of a defense on one lonely statistic.

But you are a smart guy, you already knew that bunky.

VUCats02
November 30th, 2010, 07:21 PM
LOL this thread has been completely molested.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Its going to get ugly, real ugly out there...

Truer words were never spoken

heath
November 30th, 2010, 07:35 PM
cowboy, there you go again...

now you are saying that James Madison, the 28th ranked team in the country is more talented that Lehigh the 19th ranked team BEFORE THE WIN AGAINST UNI...

that figures, you have the intelligence of a Delaware fan...
Dear,
THEFAN(of what drug is unknown).
JMU is WWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more talented than Lehigh. If Lehigh were in the CAA the would be baby sitting Towson.I love the RECENT enthusiasum and your constant stats, that mean absolutely ZERO, ON ANY GIVEN SATURDAY.Please,go to the game on Saturday,take your stat sheets and stupid sign,and pray for a close game.I really want Lehigh to do well,but you are making it really embarrassing to be a supporter of the Hawks with your crap.Your beloved Coen was at JMU in the mid 80's,and would trade his job with Mickey Matthews in a second. Once again,Great season, but stop 'TheFan' with all the nonsense,and get on to more Important things in your life.

Tubby Raymond
November 30th, 2010, 07:41 PM
17 point spread, I'd have said 18 but I can live with 17

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Yo Briggsy!! 28-14?? That's your prediction for Saturday? I'm sure everyone would love to hear your rationale how LU will score more than any team UD has played all year.

Let's hear it - how the "red-hot" LU offense will light uo the scoreboard Saturday against the nations #1 scoring D.....

You're over your head.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:46 PM
JMU beat then #1 William and Mary and Virginia Tech this year and will be back in the hunt next year.

"cowboy, I don't know what planet your are from, but any time a team get 3 (YES THREE) Interceptions in one game, it is very impressive." - Well said.

Interesting fact: In 12 games, Lehigh now has 16 interceptions. In 11 games, Delaware has 16 interceptions. Delaware has thrown 3 INT, while Lehigh has thrown 16. I am sure somehow those stats will be skewed to somehow favor Lehigh.

heath
November 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM
so heath, what James Madision are you talking about?

the 28th ranked team that went 6-5 and FAILED TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS after losing to several 6-5 teams?

that James Madison?

Very weak FAN,must be nice to win 1 playoff game every 10 years. The closest Lehigh will come to beating JMU is...14-13,....The only ring you guys will ever get is a PL,so enjoy.From all the noise created this week,hope your available for comment next.BTW,going to the game Saturday?

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Yo Briggsy, no, that's the wrong answer. You predicted 28-14 Lehigh. That's more points than offenses such as Nova, W&M, UMass, etc could put up on UD, heck it's more than anyone has. How is LU going to put up 28, spell it out, you capable of explaining those disturbed thoughts??

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2010, 07:54 PM
This game could easily be of the 7-6 variety, or 9-7.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 07:56 PM
You understand that Lehigh throwing more interceptions than Delaware could somehow be beneficial in this game, right? You understand that this great Lehigh defense has the same amount of interceptions as Delaware does, right?

Oh, and Delaware had 3 interceptions 3 times this season. But, since that might give a slight edge to Delaware it's probably not valid.

heath
November 30th, 2010, 07:57 PM

You and TF must be smoking that same southside crack,or its gonna be a monsoon.

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Yes, Lehigh lost to Villanowhere and UNH. Yes, the PL schedule is far less rigorous than the CAA schedule that Delaware faced. However, Lehigh has improved tremendously since the drubbing it had against Nova. This is a team that came back from a 17-0 halftime deficit against a solid Harvard team to jump start its 8 game win streak, put up more points on Colgate in 36 minutes (44) than 7-5 Syracuse did in a whole game, and grinded it out for a win against a formidable opponent in UNI on the road.

I've seen this team mature greatly in the 4 games I've been to this year and think that many of the CAA fans are underestimating the talent and drive of this Lehigh squad. Will Lehigh win? Most likely not, but Lehigh fans should enjoy the matchup with an FCS power and past rival. Any loudmouth (TheFan) who is naive enough to post well over 100 times about how Lehigh win the game by simply stopping the run is mistaken. UD has the defensive power to cause plenty of problems for Lum and our anemic running game, not to mention a QB who will be playing on Sundays and has big game experience (comeback against Ohio St). Lehigh gave up plenty of yards of passing to a Lafayette QB who was capable of only throwing to the flats. They will need to focus on defending pass as well.

I can't wait for this game and will be attending. I hope TheFan is for all of his effort on this board.

colorless raider
November 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Very weak FAN,must be nice to win 1 playoff game every 10 years. The closest Lehigh will come to beating JMU is...14-13,....The only ring you guys will ever get is a PL,so enjoy.From all the noise created this week,hope your available for comment next.BTW,going to the game Saturday?

With a terrible call on Lehigh giving JMU the game!

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:01 PM
No rain or significant wind forecasted for Saturday as of now. Nobody has stopped Devlin this year, I certainly don't see that happening on Saturday.

Yo Briggsy, I haven't forgot about you, 28 points? How? Simple question, share your reasoning......

heath
November 30th, 2010, 08:02 PM
YOU are taking WAY TOO long looking at your stat sheets and Googling.Hurry up THEFAN,I'm losing interest.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Nobody has stopped Devlin this year, I certainly don't see that happening on Saturday.

Yo Briggsy, I haven't forgot about you, 28 points? How? Simple question, share your reasoning......

Unless of course DJ Bryant quickly transfers in.

I have no problem with TheFan thinking his team is going to win: It's the fact that he's using the logic that 1) Lehigh beat Northern Iowa and 2) William and Mary and Villanova 'shut down' Delaware's rushing attack (yet ignoring that Delaware threw for about 300 on each of them) and ignores that 3) Delaware is in a much better conference, putting up (except for sacks) better stats than Lehigh.

If Lehigh holds Delaware to 50 yards rushing, sacks Devlin 4 times, but Delaware wins, even by 1 point - does it matter?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Lehigh being the Pat League champion is like being the valedictorian of summer school. Given TheFan's remedial debate skills I am sure it will be in reach.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Yo Briggsy, cmon 28 points, any reasoning, I don't think you can google the answer, you're going to have to show something you haven't yet - football knowledge. Cmon, explain yourself.....

GannonFan
November 30th, 2010, 08:09 PM

I agree, it's very possible that the 1st quarter could end that way. Just now have to factor in the other 3 quarters.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:10 PM
He's going to repost for the 43rd time how William and Mary and Villanova (who are 1st and 3rd in the CAA in rush D) shut down Delaware. That's as relevant as Delaware beating then Top 10 JMU, Richmond, and South Dakota State earlier in the year.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM
JMU would crush Lehigh, by at least 20.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM

How? I agree Lehigh needs this game to be low scoring to win (in the upper teens/low twenties to have a shot). But how do you figure Lehigh will hold Delaware to between 6 and 9 points.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Delaware can be held to 0 yards rushing for all I care. The only thing that matters is the score.

So, TheFan. Logical question for you. Suppose Delaware holds Lehigh's rushing game in check, and Lehigh does the same to Delaware, then it turns into a battle between pass defenses.

Who has the advantage there?

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM
TheFan, are you even going to this game for all of your obnoxious banter? Surely a Lehigh grad is above such petty bickering.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:18 PM
TheFan, are you even going to this game for all of your obnoxious banter? Surely a Lehigh grad is above such petty bickering.

We don't hold it against you. We know better

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Lehigh, I am sorry, but as you post that insult against me, have you not read what I have now posted four times on this board?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?79660-Delaware-vs-Lehigh&p=1592610&viewfull=1#post1592610

or have you been too busy praying in church for Lehigh to get just a FG in the game?

If that's all he thinks will be going into the game clearly he lacks football IQ.

What's next? "whoever controls the line of scrimmage will win"?

So if Lum throws no interceptions then you put up 28 on the #1 defense? Clearly logical.

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Yes I have seen that perhaps once. Still think you are putting too much emphasis on stopping the rush. Lehigh will be in this game. They will score more than a FG, but after the past 4 slow 1st half starts, I am not convinced that the offense can match Delaware's offense with its dynamic rushing and passing game. Still hopeful for a victory.

Lehigh, I am sorry, but as you post that insult against me, have you not read what I have now posted four times on this board?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?79660-Delaware-vs-Lehigh&p=1592610&viewfull=1#post1592610

or have you been too busy praying in church for Lehigh to get just a FG in the game?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:22 PM
ha!...sounds just like what the UNI crazies were saying last week..

how did that turn out for them?

You seem to forget that Northern Iowa and Delaware are two different teams.

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Simple question: are you going?

LehighU11, there you go again with the insults and attacks...

just keep on doing it...

say, how is that praying in the Lehigh Church that you have been doing for Lehigh to get even on FB on Delaware?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Thefan...are you going to the game? If so, I'd invite you over to our lot for some booze and good times. Assuming you like football chatter, friendly ribbing, good food, and attractive coeds...

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Cmon Briggsy, I'm not going anywhere, 28 points against UD's defense?? X's and O's, how's LU going to do that? You have an explanation or just talking outta your ***?

BTW - the line came out tonight - UD is listed as a 17 point favorite. Give the 17 and take the Hens.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:28 PM
They are going to score 28 on a team that led the COUNTRY in scoring defense, in the best conference in I-AA - 5 of the teams scoring a minimum of 24 points per game.Oh wait, they beat UNI. That obviously is more impressive than playing a brutal in conference schedule.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:28 PM
oops, how did Lehigh hold the offense of UNI to only 7 points?

Average points per game scored
28 - Delaware
24 - UNI

So are you coming to the game?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:29 PM

28 - Delaware
24 - UNI

How did your awesome and unstoppable offense only score 14 points? Your 23.6 points per game would be 6th in the CAA (assuming you could score, you might beat Towson)

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM
cowboy, hence you should read my "thoughts" on the game, which have now been posted 4 times

but

oops, you think that those are too simple to analyze the outcome of the game

but again, you are a Delaware fan

so nevermind

Once your "thoughts on the game" mature beyond the level of a 10th grader I might take them seriously.

Are you coming to the game or can't you ride your bike that far?

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Cmon Briggsy/Hawker/TheFan, whatever you call yourself this week on this board. 28-14. 28pts? How's LU gonna manage that? Quit ducking and answer the question, let's hear some details pal????

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 08:32 PM

28 - Delaware
24 - UNI

Lehigh held UNI to 7 points by selling out to stop the run. They consistently had 9 in the box. Considering what a rag arm the UNI QB had this was the smart strategy.

Try that against Delaware and Devlin will throw for over 400 yards. Now look up some more stats so you can answer the question as to how your team is going to score 28 against the UD D. You have been dodging that question since it was asked.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Cmon Briggsy/Hawker/TheFan, whatever you call yourself this week on this board. 28-14. 28pts? How's LU gonna manage that? Quit ducking and answer the question, let's hear some details pal????

And such a huge Lehigh fan such as yourself has to be coming...if so where are your tickets? Want to stop by a college tailgate? You may even see a mid-drift top...on a girl

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:34 PM
UNI averaged 21 ppg allowed, Lehigh scored 14. Delaware has given up under 12. So clearly by that logic they will score 28.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
bluehen, the line for the UNI/Lehigh game was 19 points

how did that turn out for UNI?

oops

You coming to the game? How is Lehigh going to score 28 points???? Quit dodging

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I wonder if TheFan is actually BangorHen.

Can he say anything more than posting stats, saying "how did that turn out for UNI? oops"?

I have a feeling when Delaware wins "TheFan" will disappear.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Looks like thefan is dodging bluehenbillk's question.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Yo Briggsy!! Still dodging the question?? 28-14 smart guy, how the hell is LU gonna put 28 up on Saturday?? Can't answer it can you, cmon we're all waiting, let's hear it.

Cmon Briggsy, I know you can do it....

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:38 PM
cowboy, do us all a favor and copy/paste the post of mine where I said that Lehigh has an "awesome and unstopple offense"...

you can't

because

I have never posted that...

so why post false statements?

oops, you are a Delaware fan

nevermind

Oops, you forgot to tell us how Lehigh would score 28 points. And where are your tickets? Where does such a big fan plan to tailgate? oops

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Do you need a new pack of Angel Soft for the pounding you're taking on here?

How are you going to score 28 points?

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Look, that is a legitimate set of thoughts and keys. I just don't think that Lehigh can get to Devlin as well as Delaware can get to Lum. Lum has thrown a number of questionable interceptions that haven't sunk us in games against HC, Lafayette, and UNI. Don't think Delaware's secondary will make it much easier.

so LehighU11, if you have read this,

then why in the world would you say that I put too much emphasis on stopping the run?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:44 PM
So Lehigh is going to score 28 points by stopping UD's run game and disrupting Devlin's "accurate passing"??? LOL! Or Lehigh will score 28 points by running the ball (something they haven't done) and have Lum not throw INTs (something he hasn't done either)

Nothing you have said equals 28 points. Having a good defensive effort doesn't score you 28 points.

LehighU11
November 30th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Question for Delaware fans: are there any tailgating locations that aren't 20 bucks?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:47 PM
So your entire point is that both Lum and Devlin with complete a lot of passes, and if one of those QB's can't complete their passes then Lehigh wins by 2 TDs.

That doesn't answer how you'll score 28 points, it just basically says "I hope Lum outplays Devlin and we put pressure on Devlin and make him make mistakes".

Those two great defenses you were typing about didn't do it, but somehow Lehigh will?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
come back on Sunday and repeat the post after Lehigh scores 28 points on Delaware this Saturday

How many Delaware games have you even seen this year? Or are you too busy watching iCarly on your DVR?

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
"Lum will throw a lot of completions for a lot of yardage"

Yo Briggsy, that's your high-level football explanation? Are you serious? Cmon man, grow a spine and spell out your thoughts. You really think LU can throw the deep ball on UD's secondary? You think that LU's WR's have the speed to get behind UD? You going to show me or anyone on this thread that you have a lick of football 101 in ya? 28 points, you need to do better than that Briggsy, what you got??

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM
Question for Delaware fans: are there any tailgating locations that aren't 20 bucks?

Holy ______ a question that thefan can't argue with...If you are willing to walk another 5 minutes you can park just beyond the field house on S. College Ave. The price is $15 so you might as well park as close as you can for another 5 bucks. I wouldn't park near the Ice Arena, it's the student tailgate lot and stuff gets rowdy.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:52 PM
"Lum will throw a lot of completions for a lot of yardage"

Yo Briggsy, that's your high-level football explanation? Are you serious? Cmon man, grow a spine and spell out your thoughts. You really think LU can throw the deep ball on UD's secondary? You think that LU's WR's have the speed to get behind UD? You going to show me or anyone on this thread that you have a lick of football 101 in ya? 28 points, you need to do better than that Briggsy, what you got??

If he said "You guys don't get enough of a pass rush, given by the fact you're 10th in the CAA in sacks, and despite the pass D numbers you've got, we've got a lot of talented WR's and a smart QB that makes really good decisions with the ball" then I think he'd have valid points.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:53 PM
He can also park in the Boy Scout Lot at the Park N Ride for $10. At least during the regular season it was $10.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Ud1Hens, take some time to read this:

If Lum is not intercepted and Lehigh harrasses the Delaware QB's, then Lehigh will score 28 points on Delaware....

How does Lehigh harassing Devlin lead to 28 offensive points? I was also unaware that UD was going to be using multiple QBs...

What if Lum is intercepted on the first pass with 14:51 left in the 1st quarter? Does that automatically mean Lehigh will not score 28 points and thusly lose? That doesn't make much sense either. Or if Lum goes 15-35 for 150 yards but has no INTs Lehigh will automatically score 28 points and thusly win?

You can't use transitive properties when it comes to college athletics. If you started following it more than 28 hours ago you would know this.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Not sure what makes less sense.

1) Lehigh will score 28 points, yet average 23.

2) Delaware will get 80 rushing yards, yet average 188.

3) Northern Iowa's statistics somehow being relevant in this game.

4) The fact that Villanova, and William and Mary, two playoff teams, held Delaware's rushing attack in check. What bearing does that have on this game?

5) Delaware's offense that averages about 30 points per game will only score 14, while Delaware's defense that only allows 12, will give up 28.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Yea Cowboy except their QB has thrown a lot of picks this year against a lit worse back 7's than the one he'll face Saturday. I can think of one WR all year that enjoyed really good success against UD this year and that team never saw the end zone. It's more realistic to see Lehigh held to single digits versus 28 points, but as you've seen in the past hour, Briggsy's football IQ ain't very high at all.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
cowboy, my thoughts were very simple, as will the score:

Lehigh - 28
Delaware - 14

come back on Sunday and apololigize for you comments of today once Lehigh beats Delaware

More like 35-17 Delaware, oops. I'll be nice and give you the 17.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Here are my thoughts, short and sweet just like you like them.

UD has a better offense than Lehigh's defense
UD has a better defense than Lehigh's offense
UD has a coach that wins in the playoffs
Lehigh's special teams are better than UD's
UD has a battle tested team that comes from navigating a CAA's schedule

UD 30
LU 13

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM

...well.. not easily, unless Devlin is not playing. He goes out, and Sasek is in with a limited playbook, you're right on. Devlin plays, we're good for 21+ points if we don't run a lick. I mean.. the least we scored was 13... against a team that held #12 Virginia Tech to 16? You really think LU is at that level?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:02 PM
Not sure what makes less sense.

1) Lehigh will score 28 points, yet average 23.

2) Delaware will get 80 rushing yards, yet average 188.

3) Northern Iowa's statistics somehow being relevant in this game.

4) The fact that Villanova, and William and Mary, two playoff teams, held Delaware's rushing attack in check. What bearing does that have on this game?

5) Delaware's offense that averages about 30 points per game will only score 14, while Delaware's defense that only allows 12, will give up 28.

+1

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I think this thread might break some sort of record. This is awesome.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Yea Cowboy except their QB has thrown a lot of picks this year against a lit worse back 7's than the one he'll face Saturday. I can think of one WR all year that enjoyed really good success against UD this year and that team never saw the end zone. It's more realistic to see Lehigh held to single digits versus 28 points, but as you've seen in the past hour, Briggsy's football IQ ain't very high at all.

Yeah, but with Lehigh fans (I think it was someone that wasn't TheFan), their all-conference secondary counts. Delaware's all-conference secondary doesn't.

Read somewhere how Delaware was "prone to turnovers" on offense and a "loose" secondary.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:06 PM
ha!

that is EXACTLY the score that was being predicted by the UNI crazies

how did that turn out for them?

As you will find out, this ISN'T a 7-5 Northern Iowa you'll be playing.

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Hey LFN and the other "regular" LU posters here. I'm sorry this thread has got well let's say "sidetracked" and instead of basking in some sunlight this week after a big win vs UNI and renewing an old rivalry with UD you have to walk through this muck.

I don't mind the banter, exposing an instigator for a lack of football accumen, but when I get to work in the morning this thread will be 50-some pages long already, and it'll only be Wednesday.

And I thought BangorHen/UDPA was bad, ugh.

superman7515
November 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
Stop complaining and turn on CBS. Best Christmas Special all year. Victoria's Secret. Haha

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:08 PM
I think this thread might break some sort of record. This is awesome.

This thread has more than exceded its quota of stupidity...records have already been broken

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:10 PM
and how did it work out for Delaware with a 6-4 Villanova?

The same Villanova team you lost to by 35 points. Great logic. You think UNI is stronger than Villanova?

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thefan...are you going to the game? If so, I'd invite you over to our lot for some booze and good times. Assuming you like football chatter, friendly ribbing, good food, and attractive coeds.. .

What in this thread makes you think thefan cares about girls????? xeyebrowx

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Stop complaining and turn on CBS. Best Christmas Special all year. Victoria's Secret. Haha

Most useful comment on this thread. Thanks for the heads up!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthum bsupx

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:14 PM
If he cared about attractive women he wouldn't root for Lehigh.

YoUDeeMan
November 30th, 2010, 09:15 PM
YOU are taking WAY TOO long looking at your stat sheets and Googling.Hurry up THEFAN,I'm losing interest.

xnodx

TheFan is not a Lehigh fan.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:17 PM
cowboy, maybe you missed my question, so let me ask it again:

and how did it work for Delaware with a 6-4 Villanova?

you see, Lehigh BEAT the 7-4 UNI....

I find it funny how you continue to think that Lehigh will beat Delaware based on what Villanova and William and Mary did against Delaware and what Lehigh did against Northern Iowa.

You would think it would silence you when you mention the fact that Delaware was at least competitive with Villanova, and you were not.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:18 PM
ha!

cowboy, this is your best comment today

Thanks, rbriggs_GOHAWKS.

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 09:18 PM
Yes, Lehigh lost to Villanowhere and UNH. Yes, the PL schedule is far less rigorous than the CAA schedule that Delaware faced. However, Lehigh has improved tremendously since the drubbing it had against Nova. This is a team that came back from a 17-0 halftime deficit against a solid Harvard team to jump start its 8 game win streak, put up more points on Colgate in 36 minutes (44) than 7-5 Syracuse did in a whole game, and grinded it out for a win against a formidable opponent in UNI on the road.

I've seen this team mature greatly in the 4 games I've been to this year and think that many of the CAA fans are underestimating the talent and drive of this Lehigh squad. Will Lehigh win? Most likely not, but Lehigh fans should enjoy the matchup with an FCS power and past rival. Any loudmouth (TheFan) who is naive enough to post well over 100 times about how Lehigh win the game by simply stopping the run is mistaken. UD has the defensive power to cause plenty of problems for Lum and our anemic running game, not to mention a QB who will be playing on Sundays and has big game experience (comeback against Ohio St). Lehigh gave up plenty of yards of passing to a Lafayette QB who was capable of only throwing to the flats. They will need to focus on defending pass as well.

I can't wait for this game and will be attending. I hope TheFan is for all of his effort on this board.

I expect a classic UD-LU game.. a brawl. I expect LU to be well prepared and execute well. I expect them to emulate the VU/W&M approach to stopping UD... and I expect them to bottle up the UD running game... though fatigue might hit them later.

That said, if UD plays their game, depth and speed will win out. I really can't see LU sustaining long drives often, but if they get help from short fields, they can put points on the board. I don't think this LU team is as good as '05's... and I think this year's UD team is much better than '05... but I've been watching these games for over fifty years, and they've all been intense and hard fought.

...and despite all the annoyances TheFan has produced, he's right on time with an overview of the game... if UD stops the LU run (and they should)... and if LU stops the UD run,,, (and they could.. by overplaying it)... it'll come down to a battle of the passing games. If we end up there... LU is going to have to have an awful lot of things go right, and UD is going to have to play way under their potential.

FWIW, all are possible outcomes.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Ud1Hens, and yet you continue to post and post and post with attacks on this message board

so are any of your posted message and attacks considered to be the in the area of "stupidity" that you are complaining about?

When is football chatter is considered attacks...

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:20 PM
cowboy, it is very simple

come back on Sunday after Lehigh has won 28-14 and see what you have to say....

Be more original. You would never survive on the old message boards.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:22 PM
And if your aunt had two balls she'd be your uncle. Or TheFan's Homecoming date.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
when the same person that is doing the stupid comments and attacks states that the board is full of stupidity

The board is full of stupidity, I never called out one of your posts as being one of them...you gave your own posts that title. The problem I have with your posts is when someone presents a complete football thought you just go back to the UNI game. Well guess what, UD isn't UNI. You will soon find that out.

BTW are you coming to the game?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Not surprised by this comment considering it is from a fan of lower level educational institution Delaware

There's a personal attack on a poster...something that you get all up in arms about when you think it is about you.

superman7515
Most useful comment on this thread. Thanks for the heads up!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthum bsupx

Yeah, I just became a HUGE fan of Katy Perry earlier in the show. Haha xnodx

cowboy91
Yes, unlike those highly educated message board trolls like yourself.

http://www.thecincinnatusstandard.com/clipart_DORK.jpg

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Ud1Hens,

again, you are sounding EXACTLY like the UNI fans....

"UNI and the MVC is not like the Patriot League"

just come back on Sunday when Lehigh has beaten Delaware EXACTLY because of the reasons that I have stated on this board and appoloize...

Devlin > Lum

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Ud1Hens,

again, you are sounding EXACTLY like the UNI fans....

"UNI and the MVC is not like the Patriot League"

just come back on Sunday when Lehigh has beaten Delaware EXACTLY because of the reasons that I have stated on this board and appoloize...

I'll be here. BTW are you taking me up on the offer of free beers, food, and a fun Saturday morning of tailgating??? You are coming to the game aren't you???

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I just became a HUGE fan of Katy Perry earlier in the show. Haha xnodx

Well they say Rosie is the most devilish.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:31 PM
I'll be here. BTW are you taking me up on the offer of free beers, food, and a fun Saturday morning of tailgating??? You are coming to the game aren't you???

You left the girls out ot this one. Did you lose them???

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:32 PM
They're not star linebackers when nobody knows who they are.

What round will Lum be drafted in in the 2012 draft?

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:33 PM
You left the girls out ot this one. Did you lose them???

You said he wasn't interested in girls. So I guess if you stop by you can enjoy in the festivities...yes, with the girls

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:34 PM
TheFan happens to ignore the fact that Devlin plays against better defenses than Lehigh in the CAA. I guess if you beat a terrible UNI QB, then you're obviously going to shut down the NFL pick.

Ud1Hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:35 PM
cowboy, maybe you missed it a bit....

but

Lum > Devlin (with four star Lehigh linebackers chasing him all day)

Actually I looked up the Lehigh linebackers...not only are they not 4 star linebackers but most aren't even one star linebackers

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:37 PM
I think he meant "4 linebackers that are stars"

He will respond with:

1) look at the keys to the game

2) how did that work out for uni

3) something saying "you are a delaware fan"

4) stats proving how delaware will not run the ball against lehigh, since villanova and william and mary shut down the rushing attack

5) 28-14 score prediction

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:39 PM
You said he wasn't interested in girls. So I guess if you stop by you can enjoy in the festivities...yes, with the girls

Thanks we can talk about this later. By the way my statement was more along the lines of "What makes you think thefan is interested in girls???"

I was not accusing or name calling. I was just pointing out what should be apparent.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Still waiting to know how Lehigh will score 28 points, and I'm completely dismissing his junior varsity football prediction.

I apologize for saying you would want to go to homecoming with a guy though, thefan.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:42 PM
Actually I looked up the Lehigh linebackers...not only are they not 4 star linebackers but most aren't even one star linebackers

The Lehigh backers have good size and are disciplined. I watched them against Lafayette and they are decent. They are not as good as our linebackers. Our backers are also faster.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Looking at the UNI-Lehigh game I was not at all impressed by the speed of either team. They stopped a one-dimensional team with an injured back and a rushing QB and barely won even with the benefit of 2 missed kicks and 3 interceptions.

It's not like Lehigh was particularly impressive on offense, it was just that Northern Iowa was worse.

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 09:45 PM
TheFan happens to ignore the fact that Devlin plays against better defenses than Lehigh in the CAA. I guess if you beat a terrible UNI QB, then you're obviously going to shut down the NFL pick.

Devlin hasn't been drafted yet, take it easy. He couldn't even beat Daryl Clark out for the Penn State job. Way too much hype and comparison to Flacco.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah, and Flacco "couldn't beat out" Palko and that worked out well.

Who is your team?

ud_hens
November 30th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Looking at the UNI-Lehigh game I was not at all impressed by the speed of either team. They stopped a one-dimensional team with an injured back and a rushing QB and barely won even with the benefit of 2 missed kicks and 3 interceptions.

It's not like Lehigh was particularly impressive on offense, it was just that Northern Iowa was worse.

3 missed kicks. Lehigh got lucky.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:57 PM
So, again, how do you think Lehigh will score 28 points on a defense that's given up less than 12 per game? Pressuring the other team's QB and limiting mistakes isn't a good enough answer.

You limited the other team's QB, forced him into making mistakes, and only scored 14 yourself.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
bluekeys, is there any particular reason why you made this comment?

hint, take your time and consider the "consequences" of your response

good luck

Learn to spell the monikers. All you have to do is copy just as it is printed on the header of the post. I forgot you are a Lehigh fan.

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Yeah, and Flacco "couldn't beat out" Palko and that worked out well.

Who is your team?

Devlin isn't Flacco. What worked out well for Flacco might not for Pat. Devlin is going the Flacco route and I wish him well. The smart thing was to have Clark and Devlin share Qb that year. Devlin would have stayed at Penn State. Instead he's playing in the CAA.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 09:59 PM
how'd that work out for uni? oops!

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:01 PM
Devlin isn't Flacco. What worked out well for Flacco might not for Pat. Devlin is going the Flacco route and I wish him well. The smart thing was to have Clark and Devlin share Qb that year. Devlin would have stayed at Penn State. Instead he's playing in the CAA.

Who said Devlin was Flacco? Who is the team that you follow?

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 10:06 PM
Who said Devlin was Flacco? Who is the team that you follow?

You brought up Flacco after I brought up Devlin/Clark. But, at least, we can both agree that Devlin is no Flacco. My team is Lehigh this Saturday.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:11 PM
Devlin doesn't have the arm Flacco did, but he has good footwork, a quick release, and makes the right decisions with the football. He's not going to get rattled by Lehigh's defense.

fball27
November 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Devlin doesn't have the arm Flacco did, but he has good footwork, a quick release, and makes the right decisions with the football. He's not going to get rattled by Lehigh's defense.

I agree on your assesment on Devlin, Flacco has the stronger arm. You're probably right about Lehigh's defense not rattling Devlin either, but I do hope you're wrong.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Okay so TheFan isn't coming to the game?

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:23 PM
I can see how thefan can't defend his thoughts on the game. I mean, he is a Lehigh fan. nevermind.

Oldhen
November 30th, 2010, 10:33 PM

That's all true.

I wasn't sold on Devlin before this year. I'm a 150% Devlin booster now...

Here's the deal... if you could possibly take away the negatives on passer rating for drops and throwaway's, Devlin might be the top rated passer this year by some amazing margin... In all a honesty, I've only seen him throw 10-12 bad passes. He's had a number of drops, and thrown a few away, but his ability to deliver the ball on time, on target is very, very high. Flacco has an unmistakable edge on Devlin in arm strength... in every other way, Devlin is a better QB, and that should prove out over the next twenty years, if he gets his chance.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:35 PM
Not surprising given his pedigree coming out of high school. I don't know if Devlin has elite arm strength, but he's got the accuracy.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 10:39 PM
let me get this straight...you have been complaining about the stupidity that is posted on this thread

Actually, it was UD1Hens who complained about the stupidity that is posted on this thread. Here is the link
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?79660-Delaware-vs-Lehigh/page51

It is post 505. It appears your Reading Comprehension is worse than your spelling. Well you are a Lehigh fan.

You remember UD1Hens. He's the guy who was gracious enough to invite you to his tailgate and share some food drinks and even some attractive coeds. I am going to go there and check it out. We can all get together. Of course if you don't show we will all know why.

blukeys
November 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Not surprising given his pedigree coming out of high school. I don't know if Devlin has elite arm strength, but he's got the accuracy.

Devlin's arm strength for the next level is fine. He doesn't have the Flacco howitzer but who does. Oldhen's assessment is right on target.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Devlin's arm strength for the next level is fine. He doesn't have the Flacco howitzer but who does. Oldhen's assessment is right on target.

He's no Schoenhoft.

cowboy91
November 30th, 2010, 11:14 PM
This thread has over 10K views now.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
That's all true.

I wasn't sold on Devlin before this year. I'm a 150% Devlin booster now...

Here's the deal... if you could possibly take away the negatives on passer rating for drops and throwaway's, Devlin might be the top rated passer this year by some amazing margin... In all a honesty, I've only seen him throw 10-12 bad passes. He's had a number of drops, and thrown a few away, but his ability to deliver the ball on time, on target is very, very high. Flacco has an unmistakable edge on Devlin in arm strength... in every other way, Devlin is a better QB, and that should prove out over the next twenty years, if he gets his chance.

I've watched Devlin make some scary passes. I've seen throws into double and triple coverage that should have resulted in interceptions - but they don't, somehow he makes the passes work. Devlin gets an A+ for accuracy.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 12:09 AM
He seems to have a knack for putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. I hope they start utilizing #5 and #19 more.

The only two interceptions he threw where at Richmond, when a defensive lineman hit the football, and against UMass, where White was knocked down or slipped and it was an easy pick for Holmes.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2010, 05:40 AM
the last time i checked in the thread had 30 pages...when I saw it jumped to 57 in such a short time I am thinking OK, something had to go terribly wrong

cougarpines
December 1st, 2010, 06:55 AM
Is "thefan" going to the game. I never saw an answer. He is certainly welcome to my tailgate. I need to see what someone like that looks like.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2010, 07:26 AM
Well, it's almost 8:30am & yep, 58 pages of thread, maybe 10% of which is good.....

Tubby Raymond
December 1st, 2010, 08:15 AM
I was unimpressed with Delaware's performance or lack of against VU. They were lucky to even get into OT, and even then, they blew it. Out-coached and out-played. They shouldn't under estimate any team at this stage. Simply put - Delaware is beatable.

Maybe, but not by Lee-High

cougarpines
December 1st, 2010, 08:20 AM
This guy sounds like Del. State in 07. Same logic and probably the same result.

cougarpines
December 1st, 2010, 08:35 AM
"Thefan" believes Tubby is posting here. Wait till he finds out I'm Joe Pa

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=659&sid=c638d1b9fdd4adbbfddaa2b6514f9b51

This is sad.

blukeys
December 1st, 2010, 09:00 AM
"Thefan" believes Tubby is posting here. Wait till he finds out I'm Joe Pa

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=659&sid=c638d1b9fdd4adbbfddaa2b6514f9b51

This is sad.

How could anyone be so inane or foolish as to actually believe that the coach is going to engage in bulletin board banter and then go so far as to publicize this idiocy on another board.

Oh He's a Lehigh fan. Never Mind.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm really Les "The Mad Hatter" Miles.

cougarpines
December 1st, 2010, 09:34 AM
He won't be back

bleedblue
December 1st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Funny story for ya. I was at practice the other day and asked a couple of the seniors how they felt about the one time rival. Both said the same thing, before my time. When I asked KC he just stared at me like he was a LB filling a hole to crush a RB. I got a kick out of that.

ngineer
December 1st, 2010, 10:34 AM
Funny story for ya. I was at practice the other day and asked a couple of the seniors how they felt about the one time rival. Both said the same thing, before my time. When I asked KC he just stared at me like he was a LB filling a hole to crush a RB. I got a kick out of that.

Interview with Keeler today in the Allentown Morning Call. His roots go back to an Allentown suburb, Emmaus, and was recruited at Lehigh. Interesting observations as how he initially was watching the UNI/Lehigh game with expectations of planning for the Panthers and now switching gears. www.mcall.com/sports

ngineer
December 1st, 2010, 11:12 AM
I am sorry to see this thread deteriorate to baseless and snide name calling. Regardless, I'll give it one more 'college try'.

I see Lehigh having about a 20% chance of winning this game. We will not win this game on our offensive prowess. The offense will need to do enough to help rest the D and, on occasion, get a few scores. Lum cannot try and force the ball into coverage. Throw it away and live for another day. I look for more Colvin with the run/pass option as well.
The D can certainly keep this close if it can off the field quickly and still be effective in the fourth quarter. We cannot go up head to head with the Hens in speed, although our size is pretty even. Special teams could be a tipping point. Lehigh has been, overall, pretty good in all phases. Would be nice if the PK had a stronger leg, but inside 40 yards he's been pretty good. Punter has been excellent pinning defenses inside their red zone creating the long field. Our returners can be dangerous if given an open lane. We've had a number of blocked punts and field goals this year and I would expect some attempts, especially in the Hens' side of the field.
LU cannot, also, let up many penalties, which has been a problem at times this year. They can be drive killers or drive extenders for the opposition, which we cannot afford.
If Lehigh plays, not the perfect game, but the 'effective' game, we can win. An effort similar to that against Colgate and Harvard (second half) will result in a Lehigh win. We haven't seen that effectiveness for 60 minutes in any other games this year, and not since October 29, so the offense may be 'due.' We absolutely love this challenge. Other than Laugheyette, no other team gets the Brown blood boiling more than Delaware. We have a great rivalry with Colgate, too, but the 'hate' level (in football terms) is higher with the Hens. Perhaps our connections with Colgate via Fred Dunlap have mitigated the animosity.
With good weather, as predicted so far, it can be a glorious football showcase with all the hackneyed expressions, metaphors, and images we all love: David v. Goliath; "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog"; "The Little Engineers That Could", etc.
In reality, Delaware is scared of a game like this--well, not 'scared' in the real sense, but finding itself in a no-win situation. Like UNI, they are supposed to kill us. And if our boys in Brown & White find a way to topple the giant, the embarrassment will be more than any of the Hens want to endure. Lehigh is "playing with house money" and when you have a game like this crazy things can happen if someone is too tight because of expectations. If the Hawks can get a turnover or two early, that lead to significant points, someone may start pressing. UD doesn't even want a close win. They need a validating dominating win to justify all the year's expectations. The OC and DC for Lehigh must be enjoying this immensely. Preparing schemes to challenge what many perceive as the #1 team in FCS land is an exhilarating feeling, and I believe, the plans will be there. The players will need to execute much better than last week on offense. There is definite room for improvement.
One last thought. The week off. Does it help UD more because of healing or hurt by creating 'rustiness'. I think, at this point of the year, it helps more than it hurts. Any rustiness, will certainly be gone by the end of the first quarter; but that could be a slight advantage for Lehigh to do something early in the game.
I'm really looking forward to this showdown and will be there hoping that I walk away without a voice.

UD77
December 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
Some sanity. Thanks.
I woud agree with much of what is said.
UD's running game has not been the best against the better defensive teams. W&M and Nova had shown that to be the case. If your run defense does what it did last week then it could get interesting. I also believe that our ture freshmen running back caught a lot of people by surprise early in the year and teams did not prepare for him. The better teams did and we got shut down. Also I think that all the time on the field has worn him down a little. To your point on the bye - it should be a good thing for Pierce. He has shown to be a great player and will be for years to come but he does need to be spelled in the game and for some reason we did not do that against Nova. Our back up running backs are really pretty good.
UD's QB is great, biggest drawback this year is that he has hit too many receivers in the hands and apparently it must have hurt them. Our receivers drop way too many easy to catch balls. We are not talking one or two a game but 5, 6 or 8. I think that has been the biggest stopper for drives this year.
Team is well coached in that we don't have a large volume of penalties. We also don't turn the ball over (exception was the Nova game). Earlier in the year we were a +13. I am not sure where we are now but manybe +10.
Our defensive back field is very good. Hard to get a receiver open and then the know how to HIT. I would expect that we should get a minimum of one interception and one fumble. Sound odd to predict that but that has been the history this year.

I would not predict a blow out by UD - maybe 14 points. Weather is predicted 40F high 11mph wind, nice sun. Can't wait.

Black Saturday
December 1st, 2010, 11:57 AM
I would not predict a blow out by UD - maybe 14 points. Weather is predicted 40F high 11mph wind, nice sun. Can't wait.

Has anyone seen any odds on the FCS games?

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2010, 11:59 AM
Good post ngineer, nice to hear from a rational LU fan who can make good points. UD's special teams have been disappointing particularly in 2 areas: KO return coverage - the 2nd half of the year teams are getting a couple returns to the 40yd line & beyond (all the way back on the opening KO vs Nova), and secondly our punt return game - I think we're last or close to last in the CAA with it. Just bad coaching IMO, we really haven't come close to a block all year, but yet when Rob Jones, our returner, gets the ball he's usually surrounded. He's also coughed up a few - that can't happen Saturday.

Regarding the bye - UD did really well with their week off late in the season, particularly on offense. We get one of our better DL back for this game (Atunrase) and everyone else is pretty healthy. The Hens rode Pierce so much in the beginning of the year that the bumps & bruises were taking a toll on him, so getting a week off has to be an early Xmas present for him. UD's running game is important on Saturday to make LU play two-dimensional, if you're just going to worry about the pass - you can have some success pass rushing against UD's OL. I don't know how good LU's front is, but teams have been successful in limiting the amount of time Devlin has to survey the field, something he excels at. If LU can't contain UD's run game very well, it'll be a long day frankly. I say that because nobody has come really close to stopping UD's passing offense, other than our own WR's with drops.

UD's defense has been lights out all year. UMass & UR were the only teams to really have any running success. I know LU's offensive strength is the passing game. Finding Burley(#15) has been a way to hurt UD through the air, as well as throwing underneath patterns in the middle of the field. Other than that, UD's secondary is pretty much the best in FCS - throwing deep is not a smart option & they all tackle extremely well & gang tackle plays in the flats. A

As to the game being a no-win for UD, I would disagree with that. If this was a regular season game I could buy-in to it, especially with how rugged conference play in the CAA is. However, this is the Sweet 16 and they know what is at stake & Keeler for all his critics' laundry lists, has just plain excelled in the postseason with preparation. As for the outcome, I don't see an offensive explosion by UD, but I do see the defense just shutting down LU & picking off passes. Somewhere in the 24-7 to 31-7 neighborhood.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2010, 12:00 PM

Has anyone seen any odds on the FCS games?

Yep, App opened as only a 6-point favorite, I know the line is creeping up since it opened. UD opened as a 17-point favorite for the game.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM
Maybe, but not by Lee-High

Celebrate now, because Delaware won't be in the final game anyway. You won't make it past W&M.

blukeys
December 1st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Celebrate now, because Delaware won't be in the final game anyway. You won't make it past W&M.

Backpedaling already. Usually the Lehigh devotees save this type of comment for after a loss.

Black Saturday
December 1st, 2010, 02:22 PM
Yep, App opened as only a 6-point favorite, I know the line is creeping up since it opened. UD opened as a 17-point favorite for the game.

Where did you see these lines?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 02:38 PM

I have a feeling fball27 is a fan of a team that didn't make the playoff field in 2010.

UD77
December 1st, 2010, 02:48 PM
Nice that you have the game notes up already. UD waits for the most up to date information. You can get them about 30 minutes prior to the kick off.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 02:51 PM
It appears that Delaware is favored by 17 points

In the previous week's game, UNI was favored by 19 points..

What happened against UNI and what happened in each team's regular season, and all the stats in the world aren't going to matter come Saturday.

bluehenbillk
December 1st, 2010, 02:53 PM
Where did you see these lines?

www.5dimes.com

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 03:04 PM
cowboy, how true

Lehigh - 28
Delaware - 14

Still not sure I follow the logic of a team that averages 23 ppg will score 28 against a team allowing 12ppg. And how Delaware's offense, averaging nearly 30ppg, will be held to 14 points. Even with the fact that Delaware is putting up numbers against stronger competition, the logic isn't there.

GaSouthern
December 1st, 2010, 03:23 PM
I really need Lehigh to pull off the unthinkable if GSU gets to the 4th round, I can't see GSU making it that far AND beating Delaware in their stadium.

I expect Del to win by 14 but I need Lehigh to win so if GSU gets that far we will play a home game.

cougarpines
December 1st, 2010, 04:03 PM
GaSouthern,

count on it, however don't count on beating Lehigh if you are matched against them in the playoffs...

I'm Howard Hughs. Ud by 21. Post that on the Lehigh board next to Tubby. Are you for real or just a joke?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:12 PM
Still not sure I follow the logic of an individual that posts the following:

"What happened against UNI and what happened in each team's regular season, and all the stats in the world aren't going to matter come Saturday."

and soon thereafter posts the following:

I'm saying that all that really matters is what matters when you tee it off. Just because you own a pair of boxing gloves means you're ready to take on a heavyweight.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2010, 04:17 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at.html

My preview of the "Blue Route" rivalry. Position-by-position breakdowns come tomorrow: a Tubby-fest, and the many, many linkages between Delaware and Lehigh, are covered today.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:36 PM
So Lehigh being in one of the weakest conferences isn't a fact?

mcveyrl
December 1st, 2010, 04:43 PM
I haven't looked at this thread all week. WTF HAVE I BEEN MISSING???

Wow. I'm not sure the NC thread will have this much action at the end of three weeks.

Good job guys,er, I think...welll...maybe not.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:45 PM
"This was without a doubt the best football team we've beaten," [Northern Iowa] Lehigh coach Andy Coen said.

They're in more trouble than I thought.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 04:55 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/12/game-preview-fcs-playoffs-lehigh-at.html

My preview of the "Blue Route" rivalry. Position-by-position breakdowns come tomorrow: a Tubby-fest, and the many, many linkages between Delaware and Lehigh, are covered today.

You made a mistake on your blog. The Lehigh win (which Lehigh would have had even if UD had won, as they played with an ineligible player) game in 1999. Not in 1997. In 1997 Delaware beat Lehigh and made it to the semifinals before losing at the last second against McNeese State. Further, the epic 1999 loss to Villanova on the last day of the season is what knocked Delaware out of the playoffs, but I won't let that get in the way some revisionist history.

And, except for the case of 6th year LB Marcorelle, nobody at Delaware was on the team in 2005. They have experience of playing for the national championship in 2007, but not the experience of the UD-Lehigh rivalry.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2010, 05:07 PM
You made a mistake on your blog. The Lehigh win (which Lehigh would have had even if UD had won, as they played with an ineligible player) game in 1999. Not in 1997. In 1997 Delaware beat Lehigh and made it to the semifinals before losing at the last second against McNeese State. Further, the epic 1999 loss to Villanova on the last day of the season is what knocked Delaware out of the playoffs, but I won't let that get in the way some revisionist history.

And, except for the case of 6th year LB Marcorelle, nobody at Delaware was on the team in 2005. They have experience of playing for the national championship in 2007, but not the experience of the UD-Lehigh rivalry.

Fixed, thanks for picking that up.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Try to go easy on us with the player comparison, please. We're not that good. Thanks in advance.

LehighFan11
December 1st, 2010, 06:44 PM
I'm Howard Hughs. Ud by 21. Post that on the Lehigh board next to Tubby. Are you for real or just a joke?

Any rational fan or either team would predict a Delaware win.

heath
December 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM

Glad you said RATIONAL FAN

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
I have a feeling fball27 is a fan of a team that didn't make the playoff field in 2010.

My team isn't a subdivison 1. Unfortunately no playoffs. Only connection is family members who went to Lehigh including an uncle who wrestled there. Although it's very unlikely Lehigh will win, I am not expecting it to be a blowout.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 07:11 PM
Have to wonder if Delaware didn't really care against Villanova because they knew they had a playoff berth locked up. Can't have that kind of mentality against anyone in the playoffs.

I don't think it will happen it would not be shocked by a Lehigh win. I would only be shocked by a Lehigh blowout win. I think Delaware is 14-21 points better, but you never know.

VUCats02
December 1st, 2010, 07:18 PM
Have to wonder if Delaware didn't really care against Villanova because they knew they had a playoff berth locked up. Can't have that kind of mentality against anyone in the playoffs.

I don't think it will happen it would not be shocked by a Lehigh win. I would only be shocked by a Lehigh blowout win. I think Delaware is 14-21 points better, but you never know.

LOL!!!!! Delaware had home field advantage on the line and they are sick of losing to their hated rival. Stop making pitiful excuses.

AAadict
December 1st, 2010, 07:18 PM
I am not expecting it to be a blowout.

I agree. A game decided in the 4th quarter.

yorkcountyUNHfan
December 1st, 2010, 07:19 PM

Isn't fan short for fanatic? Can you be both rational and fanatical?

heath
December 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM

If you can't stop a CAA team, you can't beat them.Check the box scores of the Nova/UNH games.One team runs it down your throat,the other passes it.Unless turnovers factor into the game (AGAINST) Delaware,UD by 21,but still a great non-scholarship year in the FCS.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 07:26 PM
If you can't stop a CAA team, you can't beat them.Check the box scores of the Nova/UNH games.One team runs it down your throat,the other passes it.Unless turnovers factor into the game (AGAINST) Delaware,UD by 21,but still a great non-scholarship year in the FCS.

I was trying to be nice to the rational Lehigh fans out there. If you think your team will win then you're considered arrogant and classless on the good old internet.

ngineer
December 1st, 2010, 07:36 PM
Still not sure I follow the logic of a team that averages 23 ppg will score 28 against a team allowing 12ppg. And how Delaware's offense, averaging nearly 30ppg, will be held to 14 points. Even with the fact that Delaware is putting up numbers against stronger competition, the logic isn't there.

Lehigh winning is not logical. If a game's outcome were always 'logical' we'd just mail in the results based upon the stats, the rosters and comparative scores. Based on all three elements, Lehigh is not supposed to win. What makes college football so interesting is that we'ere dealing with 18-22 year olds whose state of mind is not always as focused as we expect, as with the pros. The other factor is the coaching and scheming that occurs. The intangible unkowns as to what a team will try to tip the imbalance that is perceived can have a huge impact. This is reflected in Lehigh's two big wins over Western Illinois and UNI. Whether LU can do something 'different' that UD won't expect after so much film will be tough. Lehigh wins when the 'illogical' occurs: the blocked field goal, the INT returned for a TD, the fumble deep in the red zone, a special teams score in conjunction with solid defense that keeps UD under 21 points. If we can keep with a score or two in the second half anything can happen.

ngineer
December 1st, 2010, 07:48 PM
Lehigh - 28
Delaware - 14

Ironically, that was the lead we had in 2005 heading into the fourth quarter. We gassed and UD had two nice drives for TDs to send it into OT. The keys to that game was our inability to run the ball to drain the clock in the fourth quarter, which also resulted in the D being on the field too long and getting worn down.

AAadict
December 1st, 2010, 07:50 PM
Lehigh - 28
Delaware - 14

I'll take the Hens and the 14pts. since the biggest deficit we had all season after 4 qtrs. was 1pt. (a road game).

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=cowboy91;1593226]Have to wonder if Delaware didn't really care against Villanova because they knew they had a playoff berth locked up. Can't have that kind of mentality against anyone in the playoffs.

Do you really expect anyone to believe that Delaware just suited up for the heck of it and wanted to lose to VU?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=cowboy91;1593226]Have to wonder if Delaware didn't really care against Villanova because they knew they had a playoff berth locked up. Can't have that kind of mentality against anyone in the playoffs.

Do you really expect anyone to believe that Delaware just suited up for the heck of it and wanted to lose to VU?

One team was playing for it's life, the other was potentially playing to be the top seed in the playoffs. You watched the game, they mailed it in.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:02 PM
The date was September 29, 2010 and TheFan predicted that Lehigh would win at least 9 straight games through the second round of the playoffs. Well, Lehigh has won 8 straight games with only one left to fulfill the incredible prediction.

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=568&sid=e963d608c1fb1c527d753469b25fa0ff

TheFan
Post subject: Re: PL is becoming irrelevant
Posted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:14 pm

Ah come on guys, Lehigh is going to go undefeated the rest of the way during the regular season, win the Patriot League and two rounds into the playoffs. Keep the faith here.

Yeah, and UNI fans said that they'd beat Lehigh. How'd that turn out?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:07 PM
You mean like Delaware fans are now predicting that they will beat Lehigh?

based on your thinking and the UNI comment, how do you think it will turn out?

I certainly think Delaware will win the game. What evidence would make me think otherwise?

It's pretty clear you never saw Delaware play this year.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
I'm intelligent enough to consider the fact that despite Delaware being a better team if they don't show up Lehigh can win. You, on the other hand, apparently think there is no way Lehigh will lose the football game.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 1st, 2010, 08:14 PM
Ironically, that was the lead we had in 2005 heading into the fourth quarter. We gassed and UD had two nice drives for TDs to send it into OT. The keys to that game was our inability to run the ball to drain the clock in the fourth quarter, which also resulted in the D being on the field too long and getting worn down.

That game should have gone to double OT. I'm still figuring out what happened on that extra point attempt.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:18 PM
That game should have gone to double OT. I'm still figuring out what happened on that extra point attempt.

It was wide left.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:21 PM
Went and looked back at the 1999 game where Lehigh beat Delaware, LFN:

"They (Lehigh) are as good or better than any team we will see in the Atlantic 10." - Tubby Raymond

Wasn't Lehigh ranked #9 in the country and Delaware was #14 at the time?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:26 PM
This thread.

http://files.myopera.com/saysame/blog/running%20in%20circles.jpg

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:33 PM
Still at it, huh? Oh wait, it's just a coincidence again.

Re: KC Keeler Show 12/1
by rbriggs_GOHAWKS on Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:23 pm

GET'CHER EXCUSES READY!

MEAC REFS! WAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! LU COULD NEVER BEAT US WITHOUT THEIR HELP! WAHAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

28-14. HOHOHO
rbriggs_GOHAWKS

UD Class: 1900

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
[QUOTE=fball27;1593252]

One team was playing for it's life, the other was potentially playing to be the top seed in the playoffs. You watched the game, they mailed it in.

I was shocked at what I saw. Your no.1 team got beat by, let's face it, not the healthiest vu team. Szcur saw limited action and Maldonado left with a concussion. Just goes to show you the beauty of the game. Vu came out like warriors and they hands down beat the competition.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:37 PM
How about the 9 games that they won? Or do those not count? I didn't know a 7 point overtime loss classified as being beaten hands down. But okay.

Chemhen
December 1st, 2010, 08:40 PM

"A Whole Lot of Words on the Blue Hens"

Thanks for the read.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
How about the 9 games that they won? Or do those not count? I didn't know a 7 point overtime loss classified as being beaten hands down. But okay.

On that day, yes they were beaten hands down. Like I said in my previous post Szcur saw limited action and Maldonado left with a concussion. I will also add that the officials botched at least two calls in favor of Delaware.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 08:54 PM
Villanova must be pretty bad, then, to beat a team hands down and only come away with a 7 point OT win.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:01 PM
Villanova must be pretty bad, then, to beat a team hands down and only come away with a 7 point OT win.

At the end of the day they were better than Delaware. It's a shame they won't play each other in the playoffs.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:05 PM
I'm sure you're objective about Delaware, but that's okay.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'm sure you're objective about Delaware, but that's okay.

What can I say, I call it like I see it. Against VU I was unimpressed with #1Delaware.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:15 PM
I find this somewhat interesting, in conference play:

Delaware, 2 losses, to Villanova and W&M (2 playoff teams)
New Hampshire, 3 losses, to W&M, Maine, and Rhode Island (1 playoff team)
William and Mary, 2 losses, to UMass (not a playoff team), JMU (not a playoff team)
Villanova, 3 losses, (W&M, UNH, and Rhode Island)

So Delaware's only 2 losses are to teams that made the playoffs (8-3, 7-4), as opposed to losing to 6-5 JMU, 5-6 Rhode Island, or 4-7 Maine.

I guess Villanova losing to Rhode Island would be "impressive"?

BlueHenSinfonian
December 1st, 2010, 09:17 PM
On that day, yes they were beaten hands down. Like I said in my previous post Szcur saw limited action and Maldonado left with a concussion. I will also add that the officials botched at least two calls in favor of Delaware.

And AP was likely already down when the game ending 'fumble' happened in OT - the botched calls went both ways. 'Nova came out hard and earned their win, but 'Nova always comes out hard against UD. There is a chance we meet in the playoffs, and it would make for one of the best FCS Championship games ever.

The Lehigh game scares me a bit for the same reason that the Nova game is always scary - rivalry games can throw a lot of stats out of the window. The PL usually gets one team in the playoffs, and they haven't won a playoff game in a while. Lehigh knows they are in a rare situation and I'm sure they're going to want to make the most of it. The playoffs are familiar to Delaware, and with UNH looming on the horizon, I just hope that UD doesn't underestimate Lehigh and allow them to sneak the win from us.

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
I just wanna know how Princeton put up 528 yards (including 392 passing) vs Lehigh. Good lord!

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:21 PM
The PL usually gets one team in the playoffs, and they haven't won a playoff game in a while.

Well they did win last week.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:24 PM
And AP was likely already down when the game ending 'fumble' happened in OT - the botched calls went both ways. 'Nova came out hard and earned their win, but 'Nova always comes out hard against UD. There is a chance we meet in the playoffs, and it would make for one of the best FCS Championship games ever.

The Lehigh game scares me a bit for the same reason that the Nova game is always scary - rivalry games can throw a lot of stats out of the window. The PL usually gets one team in the playoffs, and they haven't won a playoff game in a while. Lehigh knows they are in a rare situation and I'm sure they're going to want to make the most of it. The playoffs are familiar to Delaware, and with UNH looming on the horizon, I just hope that UD doesn't underestimate Lehigh and allow them to sneak the win from us.

Great post. I agree another matchup between Delaware and VU would make for a great championship game. It's highly unlikely though. I also doubt Delaware is going to underestimate any team at this point. Some fans might, but rest assured Keeler and his team won't.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM
I find this somewhat interesting, in conference play:

Delaware, 2 losses, to Villanova and W&M (2 playoff teams)
New Hampshire, 3 losses, to W&M, Maine, and Rhode Island (1 playoff team)
William and Mary, 2 losses, to UMass (not a playoff team), JMU (not a playoff team)
Villanova, 3 losses, (W&M, UNH, and Rhode Island)

So Delaware's only 2 losses are to teams that made the playoffs (8-3, 7-4), as opposed to losing to 6-5 JMU, 5-6 Rhode Island, or 4-7 Maine.

I guess Villanova losing to Rhode Island would be "impressive"?

It looks like that Villanova loss still stings.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:27 PM
I just wanna know how Princeton put up 528 yards (including 392 passing) vs Lehigh. Good lord!

Or Villanova with 495 (330 rushing) or against New Hampshire 519 total, 354 in the air, and 165 on the ground. Or Fordham's 415 (343 in the air) or 215 on the ground to Harvard. Or 215 on the ground to Colgate.

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 09:28 PM
Great post. I agree another matchup between Delaware and VU would make for a great championship game. It's highly unlikely though. I also doubt Delaware is going to underestimate any team at this point. Some fans might, but rest assured Keeler and his team won't.

From beginning to end probably the most honest post yet. Both teams have tough roads, obviously VU having the tougher but anything can happen, especially if Sczursczsczur is back.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:30 PM
It looks like that Villanova loss still stings.

Yeah, 9-2, #3 seed, 2 losses in the best conference in America, and the potential to host 2 or 3 playoff games. xhurrayx

Villanova, has the chance to go play on the road at Stephen F Austin and then a date at Appalachian State? xbawlingx

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:36 PM
Yeah, 9-2, #3 seed, 2 losses in the best conference in America, and the potential to host 2 or 3 playoff games. xhurrayx

Villanova, has the chance to go play on the road at Stephen F Austin and then a date at Appalachian State? xbawlingx

VU has a tougher challenge ahead than Delaware to get to the finals, but don't forget you'll most likely be facing W&M. If I were you I wouldn't be celebrating too early.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:40 PM
VU has a tougher challenge ahead than Delaware to get to the finals, but don't forget you'll most likely be facing W&M. If I were you I wouldn't be celebrating too early.

Yes, and W&M completely blew out Delaware in their first matchup, right? W&M has a much, much tougher game, having the triple option.

No idea how much knowledge you have of the CAA, but clearly you weren't paying attention, as James Madison beat W&M doing nothing but running the football.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
From beginning to end probably the most honest post yet. Both teams have tough roads, obviously VU having the tougher but anything can happen, especially if Sczursczsczur is back.

Even with Szcur back, I don't see VU getting past App. St. I do hope they win Saturday, though.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
They threw for about 300 yards on them. Sleep tight.

Clearly losing to teams by 30+ points is much better than losing to them by 1 or 7 at the last second.

fball27
December 1st, 2010, 09:51 PM
thanks for the valuable info..

and how did Delaware do against W&M?

Don't waste your time on the cowboy, his horse is obviously too high. In his book, the final score doesn't matter against Delaware, the opposing team has to blow them out. He should show more respect for not only his team but opponents as well.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
So.........

what happened to the great Delaware QB?

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4360721

Geesh, the guy couldn't even get near the votes of the Patriot League junior Running Back from Colgate, who more than doubled the number of votes than the Delaware DB.

oops!

Missing 2 games, being a transfer, being pulled in blowouts, and having the CAA Rookie of the Year in his backfield.

He was on the Unitas Golden Arm watch list and named the CAA Offensive Player of the Year.

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:56 PM
cowboy, I am sorry, but how did Delaware do against W&M again?

oops!

How did Lehigh do against Villanova and New Hampshire?

So should we predict 3pm on Saturday as the time you post a "congrats on the win Delaware" and disappear?

Ud1Hens
December 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM
So.........

what happened to the great Delaware QB?

http://64.246.64.33/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/newstest.aspx?id=4360721

Geesh, the guy couldn't even get near the votes of the Patriot League junior Running Back from Colgate, who receibed more than doubled the number of votes than the Delaware QB received.

oops!

Where did we see this before...maybe 2003 when a certain Colgate running back won the award and led his team to a 40-0 LOSS to a UD team in the finals?

cowboy91
December 1st, 2010, 09:58 PM
Don't waste your time on the cowboy, his horse is obviously too high. In his book, the final score doesn't matter against Delaware, the opposing team has to blow them out. He should show more respect for not only his team but opponents as well.

Clearly you missed this point: