PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina State vs. Georgia Southern Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

theasushow
November 27th, 2010, 05:45 PM
SC State didn't deserve an at-large based on their resume and the results of this game proved it.. We'll see if the MEAC AQ can do something in their matchup, but I'm not expecting much.

im thinking they will play better than SCSU....ofcourse that isn't saying much.

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 05:58 PM
SC State didn't deserve an at-large based on their resume and the results of this game proved it.. We'll see if the MEAC AQ can do something in their matchup, but I'm not expecting much.

I just hope BCU can keep the game competitive.

SC State had no business in the playoffs. I would much rather see a Bowl Game against the SWAC now. At least the game would have been competitive and more BCF fans would be interested.

Sheesh. I don't even think this mess would even fly in NAIA ball. I got off work expecting to see a low scoring, close game with everything left on the field, not this cluster******

DSUrocks07
November 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
I just hope BCU can keep the game competitive.

SC State had no business in the playoffs. I would much rather see a Bowl Game against the SWAC now. At least the game would have been competitive and more BCF fans would be interested.

Sheesh. I don't even this mess would even fly in NAIA ball. I got off work expecting to see a low scoring, close game with everything left on the field, not this cluster******

xoutofrepx xnodx

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 06:21 PM
xoutofrepx xnodx

xlolx

GaSouthern
November 27th, 2010, 06:45 PM
what was the attendance?

Announced at 10K

Looked like about 14-18 K

TwoFeathers
November 27th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Congrats to Georgia State! (That's what the play by play guy has been calling them all game)

I think I heard him also say "NC State" for SC State once ...

GreatAppSt
November 27th, 2010, 07:19 PM
Congrats Eagles.

ThompsonThe
November 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM
You Injuns must be speaking with forked tongue.....or smoking your moccasins, didn't hear that.

Keenan
November 27th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Georgia Southern UNDERRATED whole season
SC State OVERRATED whole season

SC St 24
Georgia Southern 47
FINAL

xscanx xwhistlex

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
xscanx xwhistlex

xnodxxnodxxnodxxnodx

Wanna Cookie?

jmu_duke07
November 27th, 2010, 08:14 PM
This game won't matter for post season rankings... The same douches will still give them first place votes. SC State wouldn't win 1 game in the CAA.

MacThor
November 27th, 2010, 08:19 PM
This game won't matter for post season rankings... The same douches will still give them first place votes. SC State wouldn't win 1 game in the CAA.

Yep, and this and the prior 10 years will be forgotten again at selection time.

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Yep, and this and the prior 10 years will be forgotten again at selection time.

This would be true if SCSU played well today and had a few unlucky bounces but they were ran off the field by the Eagles. Definitely not top 25 material.

BTW: the NEC is holding their own. I am eating alot of crow right now.

Keenan
November 27th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Wanna Cookie?

Yeah, especially for the grief I got from MEAC fans when I posted that prediction. The MEAC is GARBAGE!!!! How in the world did the selection committee deem this conference two bids this year?xsmhx Hopefully the MEAC doesn't let the door hit them on the way out when they run for the Toilet Bowl with the SWAC. You can be guaranteed that game will draw fewer viewers than this years MLS Cup.

WestCoastAggie
November 27th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Yeah, especially for the grief I got from MEAC fans when I posted that prediction. The MEAC is GARBAGE!!!! How in the world did the selection committee deem this conference two bids this year?xsmhx Hopefully the MEAC doesn't let the door hit them on the way out when they run for the Toilet Bowl with the SWAC. You can be guaranteed that game will draw fewer viewers than this years MLS Cup.

Harsh man. Really harsh.

GaSouthern
November 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm sure it has been brought up before in this thread but I must say, the cheering and dancing and band playing when Jaybo had been down and hurt for some time was some of the most classless trash i've ever seen in my life, Appy and Furman would never pull that crap on us and they hate our guts.

Other than that it was a sloppy game and the refs were horrible to both teams and GSU came out on top in one of the worst looking blowouts i've ever seen.

GaSouthern
November 27th, 2010, 08:29 PM
Georgia Southern UNDERRATED whole season
SC State OVERRATED whole season

SC St 24
Georgia Southern 47
FINAL

Ok, ok, i'm sorry, i'll listen to you next time!

Keenan
November 27th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Ok, ok, i'm sorry, i'll listen to you next time!

Would not be shocked if you guys won in Williamsburg next weekend either. Georgia Southern is the real deal this year! Congratulations! xsmileyclapx

ThompsonThe
November 27th, 2010, 09:37 PM
U R correct.....we DO hate your viscera.....BUT we hate the CAA much worse.
And basically for the last eight years we pretty much didn't want to kid you about GaSo.
With your proud history it has had to be Hell seeing 1,000 coaches be hired and fired.
But now the gloves can pretty much come off.
So, we expectd U jerks to put those Bill and Margaret, CAA loving, moccasin wearing, Southern Yankee wanna-bees down.

ThompsonThe
November 27th, 2010, 09:44 PM
By the way, what happens to Liberty at the end of each year Keenan?
They have probably had one of the best records of any team over the past
ten years .....and have they ever been in the playoffs?

eaglewraith
November 27th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Asheton Jordan - Tailback, SC State

"We're a little more bit athletic and faster and big on the offensive line....We should be able to run the ball although they've got a good defense

Hmmm

seantaylor
November 28th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Saw 3 SC State fans get the absolute ish kicked out of them for cheering when Jaybo got hurt. Don't know where they think they were, but that won't ever fly in the Boro. The best punch I ever saw by a skinny college kid floored an older SC State fan.

jmufan999
November 28th, 2010, 09:00 PM
i tried to tell many people on this board..... over and over and over again....

SC STATE IS NOT GOOD. they weren't good when they played app state either, app state just played down to their level. i don't know why people get caught up in records. EVERY YEAR WE DO THIS. EVERY YEAR A MEAC TEAM HAS A GREAT RECORD AND GETS KILLED. don't know why some people don't learn from history.

WestCoastAggie
November 28th, 2010, 09:04 PM
Saw 3 SC State fans get the absolute ish kicked out of them for cheering when Jaybo got hurt. Don't know where they think they were, but that won't ever fly in the Boro. The best punch I ever saw by a skinny college kid floored an older SC State fan.

Wow...

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM

SC STATE IS NOT GOOD. they weren't good when they played app state either, app state just played down to their level. i don't know why people get caught up in records. EVERY YEAR WE DO THIS. EVERY YEAR A MEAC TEAM HAS A GREAT RECORD AND GETS KILLED. don't know why some people don't learn from history.

as a JMU fan you mut be sick to your stomach after watching some of those pretenders playing yesterday .. Yea you guys were 6-5 but you could beat half the teams or more in the playoffs

WestCoastAggie
November 28th, 2010, 09:06 PM

Honestly I am getting sick of the ritual fellow MEACFans and I go through ever year. I will stand up and face the music; the MEAC is terrible. No sarcasm in this statement what so ever. My Alma Mater (A&T) probably wouldn't beat Valpariso, our coaches can't coach in the post season, we suck on special teams, too many turnovers & penalties, the list can go on and on.

This stuff is getting silly.

MacThor
November 28th, 2010, 09:07 PM

Amen, brother. When I watched them on TV a few weeks back my wife said "You're watching High School football again?"

bigchocolate
November 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Congrats to the Georgia Southern Eagle! You were the better team on the field Saturdayxnodx. I especially liked the defensive intensity and the great special teams play. Coaches did a great job getting your team ready, wish I could say the same thing for our group. The largest disparity was special teams and the prep work GS had for the SC State Offense. I will not retract previous statements about SC State defense being one of the best on the FCS level. There are very few teams in FCS football who would have performed much better when their offense was totally shut down by the defense, coupled with bone head penalties which gave away field position, and being totally out classed in every phase of special teams play. Great job Eagles..good luck during the remainder of your season.xsmileyclapx

GATA
November 28th, 2010, 10:43 PM

No you didn't. Everybody knows you weren't even at the game.

GATA
November 28th, 2010, 10:45 PM
Congrats to the Georgia Southern Eagle! You were the better team on the field Saturdayxnodx. I especially liked the defensive intensity and the great special teams play. Coaches did a great job getting your team ready, wish I could say the same thing for our group. The largest disparity was special teams and the prep work GS had for the SC State Offense. I will not retract previous statements about SC State defense being one of the best on the FCS level. There are very few teams in FCS football who would have performed much better when their offense was totally shut down by the defense, coupled with bone head penalties which gave away field position, and being totally out classed in every phase of special teams play. Great job Eagles..good luck during the remainder of your season.xsmileyclapx

Thanks alot man. I thought the SC State fans were some of the best visiting fans I've come across in Paulson stadium.

Blueandwhitefightfight
November 28th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Even if he was and it happened, why would anyone brag about this?? That's not cool for any of the teams involved.

GATA
November 28th, 2010, 11:51 PM
Even if he was and it happened, why would anyone brag about this?? That's not cool for any of the teams involved.

He listens to alot of Eminem...that should pretty much tell you everything you need to know about this individual...Eminem...seriously...I mean, I didn't know people even listened to that corny **** anymore.

...slim shady...wow.

gsu_paintballer
November 29th, 2010, 12:59 AM
He listens to alot of Eminem...that should pretty much tell you everything you need to know about this individual...Eminem...seriously...I mean, I didn't know people even listened to that corny **** anymore.

...slim shady...wow.

So that....the famous......ya know.

seantaylor
November 29th, 2010, 02:06 AM

I wasn't at the game? Interesting. This happened in the south end of the parking lot.

inpsite1919
November 29th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Congrats GSU on your victory. I do apologize for our offense not showing up. Anyone that attended the game saw why our defense was ranked number 1, but with no offensive pressure it really didnt matter. I enjoyed the game. Sidenote: You have a law suit waiting to happen on the left side of section J between rows 27 & 28.I had to catch almost 40 peolpe from falling.

Eaglesrus
November 29th, 2010, 07:09 AM

Who is surprised that of all of the GSU fans who post here, he is the one who comes on and says he saw this happen?

eaglewraith
November 29th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Congrats GSU on your victory. I do apologize for our offense not showing up. Anyone that attended the game saw why our defense was ranked number 1, but with no offensive pressure it really didnt matter. I enjoyed the game. Sidenote: You have a law suit waiting to happen on the left side of section J between rows 27 & 28.I had to catch almost 40 peolpe from falling.

Number 1 defense that gave up 323 yards on the ground. Hmmmm

Everyone on the MEAC board and some of the SC State folks here have said the defense came to play. They weren't ready when we gashed them all the way down the field on the way to our first score. They weren't ready until Shaw was taken out of the game. Then we had an 18 year old QB come in that was like a deer in the headlights and all of a sudden there's all this talk about the defense shutting us down. We really shut ourselves down. We lost the rhythm we had early in the game and our QB couldn't make the same reads as Jaybo. The staff did a fantastic job of adjusting the game to fit McKinnon and it showed as we started moving against the "number 1" defense later in the game. Maybe if those boys had a little bit better conditioning they would have been able to do something. They had nowhere near enough gas in the tank to make it through that whole game.

Even if the offense had shown up to play, our defense would have shredded them. The OL was fat and slow. All they were good at was standing up and getting in the way...oh yea and holding. One man destroyed several lineman on each play. There was a mistake made in cheering for Jaybo being injured....whether you heard it or not our defense heard it. And it really pissed them off. Russell was on a mission after that and said hi to Malcolm Long in a very unfriendly way in the backfield soon after.

The game was over when we kicked off, you just didn't realize it yet.