PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian State @ Florida Game Thread

bonarae
November 15th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Here we go again. Florida is currently unranked since last month (after three consecutive losses while being ranked). Appalachian State will try to regain FCS glory once more, after this year the top FCS teams have fallen to their FBS foes (New Hampshire's streak ended, Villanova, UMass and William and Mary kept their FBS-FCS games close but failed in the end).

Predictions? I'd rather say this can't be close. :( Florida by 14+.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 15th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Last chance for the SoCon to get an FBS win. I hope you guys beat them, just don't draw too much national attention to yourself please.

heath
November 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Earlier in the season was thinking bad loss,but not now.Good luck and stay healthy for playoffs.Whats the spread on this game?

Native 'neer
November 15th, 2010, 06:19 PM
My heart is saying App can win this game, but my head is saying that a win is not likely. At this point, I'd agree with the Florida 14+. If App shows up focused like they did against Wofford, it won't be a blow out. App needs a showing of some kind to be one of the top seeds and home field for the playoffs so they have something to play for (other than the huge notch in the belt beating Florida would be). It is a 'down' year for Florida so maybe we're catching them at a good time? The heat won't be as much of a factor, but still warmer than Boone this time of year. I think it will be close until the middle of the third quarter and then Florida wears us out. I just hope we don't have any major injuries (well, no injuries at all would be great too!). Go App!

whoanellie
November 15th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Take the $$$$ be healthy for the playoffs do not do anything to lose your key guys.
do not think this ASU team can do nothing to gear it down or they will get hurt...
Oh wait they HAVE won Championships w/ injured QB's... Florida to the Weedeater Bowl?
Will it be a competitive?

appstate38
November 15th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Take the $$$$ be healthy for the playoffs do not do anything to lose your key guys.
do not think this ASU team can do nothing to gear it down or they will get hurt...
Oh wait they HAVE won Championships w/ injured QB's... Florida to the Weedeater Bowl?
Will it be a competitive?

You ever wonder if FBS players hit harder than FCS players because this always seems to be a common thought when playing FBS schools. It seems like FCS teams are at greater risk of injury just because they play a big time school.....

BigApp
November 15th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I say Play to Win.

TwoFeathers
November 15th, 2010, 09:17 PM
You ever wonder if FBS players hit harder than FCS players because this always seems to be a common thought when playing FBS schools. It seems like FCS teams are at greater risk of injury just because they play a big time school.....

They are bigger, stronger, faster... thus they hit harder. Watching the UNC vs. W&M game, they knocked out 2 of W&M's QB's, their RB, TE... and maybe a few others. It was brutal. And the Tribe still led until mid-way through the 4th.

Saint3333
November 15th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Legree (FS) will not play and Aiken (DT) may not play. Both would be significant blows to the defense. ASU's secondary will have trouble stopping UF's passing attack.

Squealofthepig
November 15th, 2010, 09:42 PM
What others are saying. Don't jeopardize a good, deep playoff run by exposing your players to injuries.

And fans - be classier than the SEC fans; fortunately, that's far from a tall order, especially for the average App fan.

jmufan999
November 15th, 2010, 09:48 PM
before this season, i would have said app state couldn't win. i now see how much more even FBS and FCS is becoming. i absolutely think app state can pull this thing off.

i'll say ASU blocks an extra point in 2OT to win.

Gil Dobie
November 15th, 2010, 10:56 PM
App St by 3, unless Jordan Reed takes most of the snaps.

LehighFan11
November 15th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Vegas has Florida by 26. Not exactly a vote of confidence in App St. I think App St deserves more respect than that and should hang.

james_lawfirm
November 16th, 2010, 05:14 AM

Does it seem like that because it is true, or is it because you worry too much?

It seems to me like there is about as much risk when playing Jacksonville U., as when we play Florida. No difference.

'Course, maybe we should bench all our starters ... or better yet, let's just stay home so nothing bad will ever happen. Don't fall down the stairs, don't poke your eye out, don't play with matches, etc. ...

james_lawfirm
November 16th, 2010, 05:16 AM
They are bigger, stronger, faster... thus they hit harder. Watching the UNC vs. W&M game, they knocked out 2 of W&M's QB's, their RB, TE... and maybe a few others. It was brutal. And the Tribe still led until mid-way through the 4th.

Yeah, but Bill & Mary were playing cheaters!

appstate38
November 16th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I guess i should have been a little more clear with my statement.... I don't believe they hit any harder. So why would we be at greater risk than if we are playing a hated conference rival.

aust42
November 16th, 2010, 08:03 AM

I don't believe there are any more injuries playing 1A schools on average than 1AA schools. At least for the top level 1AA teams that are competetive. Your QB was already nursing a shoulder injury and reaggravated it. At Delaware we've had more injuries in games playing D2 West Chester than Navy. Of course Florida is at another level but Ap State has already proved they can play at that level when they beat Michigan in 2007 and I don't believe there were any major injuries in that game or any other game they've played against 1A teams. Please correct me if I'm wrong Ap State fans.

GunsAndGuitars
November 16th, 2010, 08:35 AM
I don't believe there are any more injuries playing 1A schools on average than 1AA schools. At least for the top level 1AA teams that are competetive. Your QB was already nursing a shoulder injury and reaggravated it. At Delaware we've had more injuries in games playing D2 West Chester than Navy. Of course Florida is at another level but Ap State has already proved they can play at that level when they beat Michigan in 2007 and I don't believe there were any major injuries in that game or any other game they've played against 1A teams. Please correct me if I'm wrong Ap State fans.

You know, AE seemed a little dinged up. I don't know that there were significant injuries in Michigan, but there were a lot of those nagging little injuries that still effect performance (or so it seemed). That said, had that game gone to OT, ASU would've come home in a casket due to the fatigue (yes I know a field goal wouldn't have done it but it's a what if).

I think one of the differences between ASU and the top teams in FCS now is there is an endurance factor. UTC saw the effects of it in the 4th quarter against ASU in the first game of the season. ASU was like the energizer bunny and eventually the Mocs just ran out of gas.

JMU did it with the Hokies (THANK GOD). It does help that the coach gave a little bit of an uplifting speech. JSU did it to Ole Miss. Were there any injuries in those games? I've been out of touch with football altogether this year.

If Florida spends this week preparing for ASU, ASU has little chance of it. If Meyer makes the mistake of thinking the gators will win on pure athletic ability alone, this one could be an interesting game to watch. That said, I don't like the idea of playing against an SEC defense at the end of the season.

DLS
November 16th, 2010, 09:40 AM
Legree (FS) will not play and Aiken (DT) may not play. Both would be significant blows to the defense. ASU's secondary will have trouble stopping UF's passing attack.

dang, legree would have been crucial this game. i bet a BCS team would have thrown his way all day long out of ignorance.

biggie
November 16th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Yeah, given the injuries (Possible Cadet out as well, hip pointer and McDuffie seemed to reagrivate a knee) I just hope we keep it respectable, but won't mind if they shock me as bad as they did on 9/1/07.

Waco Kid
November 16th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Going back to 2005 we have played LSU (twice), NC State, Kansas, and Michigan. The only major injury I can remember from all of those game was Jermaine Little breaking his ankle on a kick return at LSU in 2005. Last week Legree, Aiken, McDuffie, and Cadet all got hurt to some degree against Wofford. Some of these guys may play this week, but we know Legree is out until Dec 4. Armanti got hurt in the final scrimmage before the Michigan game when there should have been no contact. Injuries can happen at any time. Here is the avearge size of each teams two deep. Its not very different at all except for the O-Line. If you look strickly at starters the gap narrows even more. Defense is very similar.

Appalachian Florida
6-2, 265..............Off. Line/Tight Ends............ 6-4, 297
5-11, 191.........Off. Backs (QB and RB).......... 6-0, 208
6-0, 186.........................Receivers............. .......... 6-0, 199
6-2, 274.........................Def. Line....................... 6-3, 280
6-0, 221...................... Linebackers.................... 6-2, 232
6-0, 191........................Def. Backs....................5-11, 189

GaSouthern
November 16th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I can't admit how much this hurts me to type this but I really hope you guys shock the world again and beat UF!

Klandbulldog
November 16th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Going back to 2005 we have played LSU (twice), NC State, Kansas, and Michigan. The only major injury I can remember from all of those game was Jermaine Little breaking his ankle on a kick return at LSU in 2005. Last week Legree, Aiken, McDuffie, and Cadet all got hurt to some degree against Wofford. Some of these guys may play this week, but we know Legree is out until Dec 4. Armanti got hurt in the final scrimmage before the Michigan game when there should have been no contact. Injuries can happen at any time. Here is the avearge size of each teams two deep. Its not very different at all except for the O-Line. If you look strickly at starters the gap narrows even more. Defense is very similar.

Appalachian Florida
6-2, 265..............Off. Line/Tight Ends............ 6-4, 297
5-11, 191.........Off. Backs (QB and RB).......... 6-0, 208
6-0, 186.........................Receivers............. .......... 6-0, 199
6-2, 274.........................Def. Line....................... 6-3, 280
6-0, 221...................... Linebackers.................... 6-2, 232
6-0, 191........................Def. Backs....................5-11, 189

You're missing one important thing...SPEED!! That will widen the gap!

HappyAppy13
November 16th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Just got done watching the App State v. Michigan special that Sports South did...got me pumped for this game!!! I'd like to be seeing a App State v. Fla special by this summer! Headed down on Friday...win or lose, wouldn't miss this game for just about anything!! GO APPS!!

Aho_Old_Guy
November 16th, 2010, 01:35 PM
This game means nothing

The guys should go out, play hard and have fun. Otherwise, invest no emotional capital. Let the chips fall where they may. If UFla gives it away we will take it.

If an object is bigger and stronger, moving at a higher rate of speed, the HIT will be harder.

One of you Ivy League guys compute the mass/acceleration thing for us xlolx We're just a bunch of Hillbillies!

biggie
November 16th, 2010, 03:00 PM
You're missing one important thing...SPEED!! That will widen the gap!
For the most part App in the last 5 years has had good amounts of speed. It usually is the SEC team tha combines bigger sizes with the same amount of speed that trumps us.

MountaineerNation
November 16th, 2010, 03:47 PM
I will be happy as long as App plays a good game and keeps it respectable. I think they have an outside shot of pulling out the upset though

BigApp
November 16th, 2010, 05:18 PM
This game means nothing

Yes, it does. It means a ton...to Florida. If UF loses, they HAVE to beat Florida State to go to a non-Shreveport bowl.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 16th, 2010, 05:36 PM
A few days ago, I offered my thoughts on this game but that was before Florida's embarrassing loss vs. USC. After looking at ASU's game notes, Legree is actually day-to-day along with Aiken and Cadet; Brewer and McCray are probable with Strickland and Sawyer are out. I will still stipulate that this game will not end in a Gators blowout as this team is down this year. I do believe ASU will beat the Vegas line and then some. Given what I have seen on this thread, I would love to see Appalachian win this one, but I think the Gators could win by one to two TDs.

AppState913
November 16th, 2010, 05:41 PM
A few days ago, I offered my thoughts on this game but that was before Florida's embarrassing loss vs. USC. After looking at ASU's game notes, Legree is actually day-to-day along with Aiken and Cadet; Brewer and McCray are probable with Strickland and Sawyer are out. I will still stipulate that this game will not end in a Gators blowout as this team is down this year. I do believe ASU will beat the Vegas line and then some. Given what I have seen on this thread, I would love to see Appalachian win this one, but I think the Gators could win by one to two TDs.

I heard somewhere that Legree was out till December 4... anyone know anything about that?

1andDone
November 16th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Hope Appalachian State can do it again, but this time by a bigger margin, shock the world to show that FCS can play with FBS

psc2445
November 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Hope Appalachian State can do it again, but this in blow fashion to show the gap between an now average FBS school is close to a Powerhouse FCS

huh?

AppMAN04
November 16th, 2010, 07:08 PM
I honestly believe that we could beat UF, especially if we were 100%. I dont think we have anything to prove, but if its a close game towards the end of the 3rd then I say go for the W APP.... In the end I honestly dont think a loss in this game is going to weigh much on our seeding. The committee will make sure that we have a home game, because of the crowd that we bring and we know the all mighty $$$ is everything

Chi Panther
November 16th, 2010, 07:20 PM
GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

bleedblue
November 16th, 2010, 07:32 PM
UF by 3 TD's. I just wish APP was at full strength to eliminate the excuse. UF is not Michigan, not even this year.

Horseshoe App
November 16th, 2010, 07:53 PM
UF by 3 TD's. I just wish APP was at full strength to eliminate the excuse. UF is not Michigan, not even this year.

No excuses will be made. We should lose to UF. You just want us to get killed so we are not a threat to knocking you out of #1. I can't blame you. I probably would feel the same way if I were in your shoes. The good thing is we settle it in the playoffs. Hopefully, we get the chance to see you there:)

AlphaSigMD
November 16th, 2010, 08:14 PM

While I agree with you that ASU may not win, it's worth pointing out that the same Michigan team you mentioned beat a BETTER Florida team than this one in the Citrus Bowl that same season.

Appalachian is probably catching Florida at a relatively bad time. Reeling after a loss to the old ball coach is probably not a good time to surprise an immensely talented, yet unpolished team. My suspicion is that, similar to the Miami, OH game, ASU will keep in close for the first half and the fall behind by a few scores in the 2nd because of our relative lack of quality depth across the board. While I think that most of our starters can (for the most part) play ball with anyone, it will be the 2 and 3 deeps that will be required to step up later in the game. Florida has an even more distinct advantage in that respect as their worst player (other than John Brantley) would likely start at ASU.

appsfan
November 16th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Depth will likely be an issue for us. Against Michigan something like 27 players got into the game for App. If the same occurs versus Florida, we will likely get worn down by numbers alone during the 4th quarter. A close game, however, can keep the adrenaline flowing to offset. While I hope we win, realistically, Florida wins by three scores. (I hope I have to eat these words...)

Saint3333
November 16th, 2010, 08:59 PM

When will people acknowledge that Michigan team was a legit top 20 team that year. They sucked in 2008 not 2007.

james_lawfirm
November 16th, 2010, 09:26 PM
When will people acknowledge that Michigan team was a legit top 20 team that year. They sucked in 2008 not 2007.

Yeah, I did not even understand his post. UM was ranked in #5 when we played them, and #12 (I think) at the end of the year. They did beat Florida (ranked higher than UM) in the bowl game that year.

Old Cat Fan
November 17th, 2010, 12:41 AM
Any TV or Internet coverage for this game?

FCS Go!
November 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Any TV or Internet coverage for this game?

Gameplan/ESPN3

Old Cat Fan
November 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM
Gameplan/ESPN3

Thank you

biggie
November 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM
At least Florida isn't worried.. at all.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2010-11-16/story/florida-players-dont-seem-worried-about-falling

MasonJar
November 17th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I guess i should have been a little more clear with my statement.... I don't believe they hit any harder. So why would we be at greater risk than if we are playing a hated conference rival.

More scholarship players and presumably a deeper bench for upper division teams. Conceivably fresher and equally/more talented players entering the game with a little more to give than the winded first string FCS... ASU's conditioning regimen has played a huge role in our success and that obviously helps against all competition. It was huge at Michigan and conditioning almost got us back to win at ECU last year.

Leaning on this reasoning, I think ASU will keep it close for 3 quarters this Saturday, say 21 to 17 going into the 4 quarter (not really sure who will have the lead). If ASU gets a big score or earns a turnover on defense early in the 4th, things could get interesting... possibly going up two scores or flipping the lead. However, the difference in scholarship players and depth will show in the 4th quarter... the game could end up 35-17 or 21-24, but without some preparation meeting opportunity (luck), I don't see us getting the "W". However, I do anticipate seeing an entertaining game.xsmileyclapxxconfusedx

The only variable I really haven't considered is our pass coverage... with injuries, we could be in for more trouble than I anticipate... but lets say I am optimistic and this is a team sport... others will step up. Devin Moore will need a huge game, much in the tradition of Kevin Richardson... No turnovers from the QB position, and our D-Line and LB's must step up... ok, basically a perfect game. (and did I mention special teams?) xthumbsupx

JMU Newbill
November 17th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Does anyone else think Florida only stayed in the top 25 this year as long as they did based on some combination of their reputation and the SEC's reputation? I haven't been that impressed with Florida this season.

I think the Vegas line on this game is a bit much.

I also don't buy into the premise that App State will bunker down and play to avoid injuries. App State will come out and play their hardest.

Not saying I'd pick App State to win, but no one should be surprised if this is a 1 touchdown game going into the 4th qtr.

slostang
November 17th, 2010, 08:58 AM
I really believe that in 2008 Cal Poly cost themselves a deep run in the playoffs by scheduling Wisconsin the last week of the regular season. It was a great game and one Cal Poly should have won (d@mn kicker missed 3 extra points and we lost by one in OT), but it took a toll on us physically and emotionally.

I hope the same does not happen to App. St.

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2010, 09:06 AM
I really believe that in 2008 Cal Poly cost themselves a deep run in the playoffs by scheduling Wisconsin the last week of the regular season. It was a great game and one Cal Poly should have won (d@mn kicker missed 3 extra points and we lost by one in OT), but it took a toll on us physically and emotionally.

App will at least have a bye week before their first playoff game to recover and heal.

Appinator
November 17th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I think we get into bad spots in early season games down south with the heat. The LSU game in the day wasn't close, but the night game we played in 05 was. Michigan was cooler than other early games. ECU and ASU proved to have about equal depth as App caught up to the pirates in the second half in the heat. With this being a fall game in Florida, I think we might get a little closer to a level playing field. They still have more athletes, but at least our top 25 or so guys won't be as wiped out.

appfan2008
November 17th, 2010, 12:43 PM

As someone else said that bye week will be absolutely huge for us...

ASUTodd
November 17th, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'll predict the score now......
The Greatest Show On Earth - 35
Geico Lizards - 17

Gamecocks99
November 17th, 2010, 01:43 PM
WWW.5DIMES.com

Appalachian State at Florida - Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:30 PM

443 Appalachian State +26½ -1151.870 Over 58½ -1151.870
443 Florida -26½ -1151.870 Under 58½ -115

Mr. C
November 17th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Did you forget that Michigan BEAT Florida in its bowl game the year it lost to Appalachian State?

Mr. C
November 17th, 2010, 05:58 PM
At least Florida isn't worried.. at all.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/college/florida-gators/2010-11-16/story/florida-players-dont-seem-worried-about-falling
If the majority of the Florida players, like the ones being quoted, go into this game thinking they can't be beat, they will be vulnerable.

CrackerRiley
November 17th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Apps have to come out playing well in the first half. Getting up by a score early on will do wonders to our player's psyche, just like in the Michigan game. If they truly believe they can win the game while in the locker room at the half (like 07), they WILL win this game. If none of this happens, unfortunately, they lose by a large margin.

Go Apps!!!

GunsAndGuitars
November 17th, 2010, 09:32 PM
If they truly believe they can win the game while in the locker room at the half (like 07), they WILL win this game. If none of this happens, unfortunately, they lose by a large margin.

Psychologically if the players don't think they can be beaten or don't think they can win, the game can get ugly. The game will be closer than a WILL win or large margin loss.

Here's to hoping Yosef comes home with a new set of lizard skin boots!

caribbeanhen
November 18th, 2010, 10:18 AM
usually I would wholeheatedly be pulling for Appy to win this game, but not this year, but if you guys scare the life out of em that would be great

appfan2008
November 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
usually I would wholeheatedly be pulling for Appy to win this game, but not this year, but if you guys scare the life out of em that would be great

why no love this year?

GaSouthern
November 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
The year that ASU beat Michigan, michigan went on to beat Florida in the bowl game if I remember correctly. So ASU > Florida :D

TypicalTribe
November 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I think they're catching the Gators at the right time. Florida is coming off a beat-down at home with the SEC title game spot at stake and next week they play a rivalry game with FSU. No doubt that they relax a little bit this week. Still think the Gators probably win but 26 points seems like a ridiculous spread given that ASU can put points on the board.

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 01:05 PM
I bet GSU gets beat by a smaller margin than App St. does.xcoolx

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2010, 01:13 PM

What's your price?

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
lol just a run in the mill avatar bet....with an App st. fan of course.

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2010, 01:48 PM
lol just a run in the mill avatar bet....with an App st. fan of course.

Aw, man, that's no fun. I'll play!

Guess
November 18th, 2010, 02:49 PM

So you are suggesting the Paladins send Bobby out with a win? Not sure about that.

mcveyrl
November 18th, 2010, 03:01 PM
So you are suggesting the Paladins send Bobby out with a win? Not sure about that.

tractorapp
November 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Why, who does Georgia Southern play?

Saint3333
November 18th, 2010, 07:36 PM

I think GSU may beat Furman this week.

Block-A
November 18th, 2010, 07:57 PM

Maybe he was referring to Georgia St. v. Alabama....

:)

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Maybe he was referring to Georgia St. v. Alabama....

Again, what's the price on that bet?

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Nevermind, I don't need to know that price anymore after I saw the score. Time for 'Bama to put the scrubs and the true freshmen in and hope they don't score 100 and get accused of running the score up on poor little Ga. State who thinks they at a level to call themselves GSU when talking about football.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 18th, 2010, 08:31 PM
WWW.5DIMES.com

Appalachian State at Florida - Saturday, November 20, 2010 12:30 PM

443 Appalachian State +26½ -1151.870 Over 58½ -1151.870
443 Florida -26½ -1151.870 Under 58½ -115

Bull Bleep xlolx

UFla - 42
Gator Bait - 16

OR

Subtract 5 points for every turnover above 2 for each team and add 3 points to the other team. Add 4 points for each turnover under 2 and subtract 3 from the other squad.

So, if UFla commits 5 turnovers and the Gator Bait only commits 1 ...

UFla - 24
Gator Bait - 29

OR

If Ufla commits 4 turnovers and the Gator Bait does not commit a turnover ...

UFla - 28
Gator Bait - 30

Those are my lines and I'm stickin' to 'em

(hope I did the math right)

MaxASU'81
November 18th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Either way, we will not be hard to find at 12:30 Saturday afternoon! We'll be the ones with the Black Helmets and a Block "A" on the side!

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 09:44 PM

So the boys in black and gold need to win, if they can't win they need to lose by less than 56??? What do you want the price to be? I'll go ahead and put that I'll change pretty much whatever about my avatar that you want me to change. I'd rather play Florida than the Crimson Tide any day of the week, but 56...well it speaks for itself.

theasushow
November 18th, 2010, 09:48 PM
good thing they didnt play Wisconsin...would have been 110-7.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2010, 05:43 AM
why no love this year?

#1 seed would be nice, ASU in Newark for the Semi Final would be better

Edge316007
November 19th, 2010, 07:59 AM
#1 seed would be nice, ASU in Newark for the Semi Final would be better

That's not happening this year.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2010, 09:13 AM
why not?

theasushow
November 19th, 2010, 09:19 AM
why not?

because with app no worse than the 2 seed the only road game they would play would be in frisco texas.

mcveyrl
November 19th, 2010, 09:53 AM
why not?

Plus App would either have to drop to the #4 or #5 seed OR UD would somehow fall to the #2 and App to the #3. Neither of those is a possibility, I don't think. If UD wins, they'll be the #1, if they lose, I think they'll drop below ASU.

AppMAN04
November 20th, 2010, 07:03 AM
because with app no worse than the 2 seed the only road game they would play would be in frisco texas.

Yeah we will have all home games until Frisco! Give em hell Apps!!

http://thumbnails20.imagebam.com/10743/7ebd32107421662.jpg (http://www.imagebam.com/image/7ebd32107421662)

Skjellyfetti
November 20th, 2010, 09:13 AM
I live 2 blocks from Florida Field- so far I've seen more Appy State fans tailgating than #Gators
http://twitter.com/GatorRIVALS

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 09:28 AM
they removed the goal posts at KBS yesterday....ofcourse that has made it to the gator message boards. sigh.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Is Matt Cline back? IMO, App. will need his ability to snag those short-range bullet passes to keep the pressure off or else ASU's OL gets overwhelmed.

Skjellyfetti
November 20th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Is Matt Cline back? IMO, App. will need his ability to snag those short-range bullet passes to keep the pressure off or else ASU's OL gets overwhelmed.

Yeah, he is. He was back for Wofford. Mark Legree is out, though.... so that's a huge loss (will be back for playoffs, though) and there are a a couple other people that are questionable.

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM
"Appy State has brought its band ... Big moment for that school to play at Florida Field. 1st meeting with #Gators"

via http://twitter.com/#!/GatorRIVALS

ohhhhh thank you, almighty florida, for letting us step on your field.....xprayxxrolleyesx

Catatonic
November 20th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Found this gem cut/pasted on a Gator board as a reminder to the Gator nation not to be too cocky. A gem of a golden oldie worth posting here. May App State supporters have an equally good time in the Swamp.

Recalling the past: Post by a cocky, arrogant Michigan fan...and the response by an Appy State fan below...LMAO!!!

Posted by Hail Michigan
TheWolverine.com
Post #997
MyFanPage

To Appalachian State fans: Welcome to the BIG HOUSE!!!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone attending the game at Michigan Stadium, I say welcome to one of the best venues to attend a College football game. I am sure this will be the largest crowd Appalachian State has ever played before in their history. I hope everyone attending has a great time at the game and you will find Michigan fans to be very friendly. Good luck the rest of the year Mountaineer fans and I wish your team has a great season. I am sure you are very proud of your Two time defending National Champion team in 2005 and 2006. I hope you all enjoy your visit to Michigan. For the record Mountaineer fans, you will be playing the team with the most wins in College football (860) and highest winning percentage at 860 wins 282 losses and 36 ties for a winning percentage of 0.74533 I just wanted Mountaineer fans to know what their up against. Good luck.

by chris79
Post #53
MyFanPage
Re: To Appalachian State fans: Welcome to the BIG HOUSE!!!...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks - we had a great time!

Posted on 9/1/07 5:36 PM | IP: Logged

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Found this gem cut/pasted on a Gator board as a reminder to the Gator nation not to be too cocky. A gem of a golden oldie worth posting here. May App State supporters have an equally good time in the Swamp.

Recalling the past: Post by a cocky, arrogant Michigan fan...and the response by an Appy State fan below...LMAO!!!

Posted by Hail Michigan
TheWolverine.com
Post #997
MyFanPage

Anyone attending the game at Michigan Stadium, I say welcome to one of the best venues to attend a College football game. I am sure this will be the largest crowd Appalachian State has ever played before in their history. I hope everyone attending has a great time at the game and you will find Michigan fans to be very friendly. Good luck the rest of the year Mountaineer fans and I wish your team has a great season. I am sure you are very proud of your Two time defending National Champion team in 2005 and 2006. I hope you all enjoy your visit to Michigan. For the record Mountaineer fans, you will be playing the team with the most wins in College football (860) and highest winning percentage at 860 wins 282 losses and 36 ties for a winning percentage of 0.74533 I just wanted Mountaineer fans to know what their up against. Good luck.

by chris79
Post #53
MyFanPage

I LOVE THAT, STILL, TO THIS DAY SSSOOOOO MUCH!

i can still remember the sh** talking for MONTHS prior about how we had no chance.

i think that game and lead up to the game is completely different than this one, and all others to follow. for a lot of reasons.

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Bold Prediction

AppState 34
Florida 32

Skjellyfetti
November 20th, 2010, 10:26 AM
What Michigan types thought about us before that game:
http://michigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=708561

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Line at www.bodog.com is Appalachian +24......take it or no?xeyebrowx

Aho_Old_Guy
November 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM

Posted by Hail Michigan
TheWolverine.com
Post #997
MyFanPage

by chris79
Post #53
MyFanPage

Clearly in the lower quintile at Michigan --- probably working for an ASU grad as we speak (type).

xlolx

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM
KO, Cadet took it out to the ASU 7.

Dblue
November 20th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Live streaming App State @ Florida

http://fcsfootball.yolasite.com/

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Opening drive ends in a punt, Janoris Jenkins takes the ball to the UF 45. ASU gained 8 yds.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Rainey scores a TD for Florida (Henry kick) Florida 7, Appalachian State 0.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 11:42 AM
First thing I hear David Jackson say when I turn on the radio feed is "touchdown gators". Don't know what happened.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Henry KO, Cadet returns to the ASU 32.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM
ASU has strung together three first downs. 1st and 10 at UF 34.

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 11:48 AM
App. down to the UF 2.

[EDIT] NM was incomplete

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM
ASU went for it on 4th down, Presley incomplete pass.

AlphaSigMD
November 20th, 2010, 11:52 AM
That was a better drive but it stalled out. I think we're going to have to run a lot more off tackle than straight up the middle. We've had a bit of success and a couple of errors right off the bat. Let's go Apps!

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 20th, 2010, 11:53 AM
App. State got a big sack but a penalty will give UF 5.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Florida scores from 3 yds. out Florida 14, Appalachian State 0

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Martin punts ball to UF 13 (no return).

AlphaSigMD
November 20th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Wow, if that was offensive pass interference, nothing ever is.

gsueagle2424
November 20th, 2010, 12:14 PM
21-0 florida

AppChicago
November 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
Wow.... Ed Gainey ejected for fighting, along with UF's Carl Moore...

GoBlackAndGold
November 20th, 2010, 12:30 PM
What is Gainey thinking? He just got ejected for fighting. Not good.

Aho_Old_Guy
November 20th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Martin punts ball to UF 13 (no return).

There is going to be a punt block by UFla before it's all done --- Appalachian has 6 guys trying to block a nine-man punt rush.

Not a bad game overall -- Appalachian can move the ball but has nothing to show for it. YFLa is too strong up front and their guys are running free in the secondary.

Some crap-tastic tackling from ASU helped out the Gators on quite a number of plays --- and (pains me to say it) looks like Jabari has taken a few plays off :(

Nebuta
November 20th, 2010, 12:40 PM
App St killing itself.

Nebuta
November 20th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Nice hold on 52#. Come on refs, youre missing a perfectly good game here.

appstate38
November 20th, 2010, 01:04 PM
I have to give it to the O-Line so far.... They are holding up well against the Gators pass rush. Quick is finding some gaps in the secondary. Other than the penalties and the Gainey ejection we aren't doing too bad.

P.S D needs to wrap up!

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Halftime Florida 28, Appalachian State 0

insideout08
November 20th, 2010, 01:20 PM
App St killing itself.

Florida's O-line is playing a large part in that as well.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Florida scores another TD.
Florida 35, Appalachian State 0. 3rd

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Vitaris scores a 33-yd FG.
Florida 35, Appalachian State 3 3rd

AppAlum2003
November 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM
App St killing itself.

Stupid penalties, poor tackling...

App has moved the ball well on Florida's 11th-Ranked defense - just keep stalling drives with dumb penalties and drops.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 01:48 PM
Florida scores another TD.
Florida 42, Appalachian State 3 3rd.

AppAlum2003
November 20th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Hope the engine is running on the plane. Just get back to Boone and forget this travesty happened.

AppChicago
November 20th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Hope the engine is running on the plane. Just get back to Boone and forget this travesty happened.

This game was a bad idea from the start this late in the season. Add to that a pissed off Florida team smarting from their loss last week and sloppiness on our part and you get this deep-fried garbage. Wrap it up.

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 02:00 PM
I'm am just hoping this ***-beating doesnt effect their seeding.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Cline TD pass from Presley (Vitaris kick into the upper deck).
Florida 42, Appalachian State 10.

AppAlum2003
November 20th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Good drive, nice score. Should have about 24 points right now.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Beamer scores a TD (kick failed).
Florida 48, Appalachian State 10 4th.

AppAlum2003
November 20th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Urban Meyer putting in Defensive Linemen now to run the ball... what a classless jerk. I will now no longer ever cheer for the Gaytors again.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Hammond muffs punt, ASU ball at Florida 35.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 02:29 PM
ASU unable to score as time expired.
Florida 48, Appalachian State 10 Final.

BlackNGoldR3v0lut10n
November 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Urban Meyer putting in Defensive Linemen now to run the ball... what a classless jerk. I will now no longer ever cheer for the Gaytors again.

Tell me something I don't know.

ThompsonThe
November 20th, 2010, 02:40 PM
I just decided, we're going FBS.

AlphaSigMD
November 20th, 2010, 02:49 PM
We just got flat out beat against a team that we were a horrible match up against. I honestly thought we would perform better than this, but overall, we were just don't have the athletes to compete with their speed.

The offense wasn't horrible, but six dropped passes were by far the most I've seen this season. Our defense just could not stop their defense.

I don't care too much about the defensive lineman scoring, good for him after 4 years of being a walk on. I would say that it's probably about the same thing as Trey Elder scoring a rushing TD in garbage time back during the 2007 championship game. I think it was more about the player than making ASU look bad, which is important.

Other than that, if this drops ASU any from the seeding point of view, I'd be surprised. The way Florida was playing today, you'd have a tough time convincing me that they wouldn't have beaten Auburn or Oregon. Obviously, we'll never know, but they play much better than they did against south carolina or even miami, OH

glsjunior
November 20th, 2010, 03:46 PM
I find it funny that no one has criticized coach Moore for "whoreing" out his program by accepting a check for an *** whoopin in Gainesville. I'm just sayin. (and yes i know yall got whipped by a smaller margin than we did)

Edge316007
November 20th, 2010, 04:23 PM
^ lol.

App just didn't come to play today. Dropped balls, stupid penalties, missed tackles...they wouldn't have beaten a lot of FCS teams today.

gsu_paintballer
November 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
I find it funny that no one has criticized coach Moore for "whoreing" out his program by accepting a check for an *** whoopin in Gainesville. I'm just sayin. (and yes i know yall got whipped by a smaller margin than we did)

ASU isn't a first year program playing a bunch of freshmen and sophomores.

panama
November 20th, 2010, 05:56 PM
ASU isn't a first year program playing a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. And yet nominally the same result as well as Troy getting blasted by SCarolina 69-24. Blasted is blasted whether youre playing Seniors or Sophs.

AppAlum2003
November 20th, 2010, 06:01 PM
And yet nominally the same result as well as Troy getting blasted by SCarolina 69-24. Blasted is blasted whether youre playing Seniors or Sophs.

Hmm... which one makes more sense to play an SEC team? The #2 team in the country that defeated a top 5 BCS team a few years ago or a first year program playing mostly kids that have never played a college snap until this year... I really hate difficult questions.

Seriously, let's use some sense here... you Georgia State fans crack me up.

T-Dog
November 20th, 2010, 06:03 PM
We lost today because of the white pants. Every other reason falls short.

KiddBrewer
November 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM
the only part about today's outcome that bothers me is......i now have to listen to people voice their opinions of how "appalachian couldnt compete with (insert team) because they're division 2" for the next year. xnottalkingx

parr90
November 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
the only part about today's outcome that bothers me is......i now have to listen to people voice their opinions of how "appalachian couldnt compete with (insert team) because they're division 2" for the next year. xnottalkingx

Well I was pulling for ya even though Im a Georgia Southern guy. I have discussed this alot with people, about FCS teams playing FBS teams. First of all today I dont think you guys had the confidence you had when you played Michigan, and confidence if the biggest weapon. Your team isnt as good IMO as it was when you played Michigan either. Plus you didnt just play a FBS team but one of the best in college football regardless of thier record this year. I hate these loses sometimes because like you said you have to hear folks talk about how you arent athleticly matched up enough to compete with these guys. In some ways its true but thats not the biggest reason IMO. Its Depth and confidence, and if you dont bring your A game things just dont turnout good against teams like a Florida. I remember losing to Georgia 48-28 and we ran for 300 yards on a great defense that was determined to keep Adrian Peterson from having another 100 yard game but he ended up with about 150. No other team that season rushed for that many yards against Georgia that year. No one remembers any of that though, only that Georgia had won and won by 20. People also forget when Florida or others beat teams by the same margins but because they were a known 1A team they dont see the matchup the same way as they did with a smaller school.

theasushow
November 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM
Well I was pulling for ya even though Im a Georgia Southern guy. I have discussed this alot with people, about FCS teams playing FBS teams. First of all today I dont think you guys had the confidence you had when you played Michigan, and confidence if the biggest weapon. Your team isnt as good IMO as it was when you played Michigan either. Plus you didnt just play a FBS team but one of the best in college football regardless of thier record this year. I hate these loses sometimes because like you said you have to hear folks talk about how you arent athleticly matched up enough to compete with these guys. In some ways its true but thats not the biggest reason IMO. Its Depth and confidence, and if you dont bring your A game things just dont turnout good against teams like a Florida. I remember losing to Georgia 48-28 and we ran for 300 yards on a great defense that was determined to keep Adrian Peterson from having another 100 yard game but he ended up with about 150. No other team that season rushed for that many yards against Georgia that year. No one remembers any of that though, only that Georgia had won and won by 20. People also forget when Florida or others beat teams by the same margins but because they were a known 1A team they dont see the matchup the same way as they did with a smaller school.

i really think that Florida played harder today than they did last week against South Carolina. It pains me to say it, but there was no way they were gonna let d2 asu come in on senior day and turn them into the next Michigan. people expected and can respect them losing to South Carolina, the same can't be said for ASU, and the Gators weren't gonna let that happen. ASU played decent but not great, poor tackling and penalties killed, regardless, Florida wanted it more and walked away with the victory. And no, this year's team isnt as good as the AE 2007 squad.

CrackerRiley
November 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM
The smallest things really hurt.
The difference in the game: When Florida players were tackled (which was rarely, btw) they fell FORWARD and everytime an App player was talked he was either stood up or knocked on this back.
That was the biggest difference in this game that I noticed. A relatively good team like Florida just showed the huge weaknesses in our team that other FCS teams can't bring out of us.
Let's stay FCS, ASU administration. Thanks.

parr90
November 20th, 2010, 09:53 PM
The smallest things really hurt.
The difference in the game: When Florida players were tackled (which was rarely, btw) they fell FORWARD and everytime an App player was talked he was either stood up or knocked on this back.
That was the biggest difference in this game that I noticed. A relatively good team like Florida just showed the huge weaknesses in our team that other FCS teams can't bring out of us.
Let's stay FCS, ASU administration. Thanks.

You move up though you start getting players you cant get right now which makes a difference. But people just dont look at this loss the same way as some others. I mean right now Im wathing a decent Baylor team getting whip'd by Oklahoma 53-17. Yet folks dont look at Baylor the same way as they do an FCS team.

appfan2008
November 20th, 2010, 10:45 PM
embarrasing (my spelling too)

Squealofthepig
November 20th, 2010, 10:49 PM
We lost today because of the white pants. Every other reason falls short.

I figured it was cause you wanted one specific ap alum to go hungry and have a disappointed wife. :)

Glad you guys didn't suffer any major injuries - good luck in your bracket!