PDA

View Full Version : Blood Bowl - Georgia St @ Alabama - Thursday 11/18

JMUNJ08
November 14th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I know we have had threads on this but its finally here! Can we keep it out of SMACK? Probably not but lets discuss! xthumbsupx

Catatonic
November 14th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Prayers Sent.

heath
November 14th, 2010, 01:51 PM
If the folks in Alabama have any love left for the man,they will not completely embarrass William Alexander upon his return.But if Coach Saban happens to run into any of those sour grape State fans prior to the game........all bets are off.

Chemhen
November 14th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Unfortunately, Georgia State isn't in the CAA yet, or they'd have a fighting chance. xnutsx

BigApp
November 14th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Blood Bowl?

When is the Crip Bowl?

Princetonfan
November 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Georgia state isn't doing as bad as they were supposed to do this year and Alabama isn't as good as they were supposed to be.... but it's still gonna be a blowout.
If Georgia state wins then i'd ololol

Princetonfan
November 16th, 2010, 08:15 PM
actually, Georgia state has a chance of winning it.
here's a quote from sports illustrated

So why is a horrible matchup between Alabama and first-year FCS program Georgia State happening on Thursday? Easy. Since Auburn has a bye before the Iron Bowl, Alabama wanted to approximate a bye. By picking Georgia State, Alabama can do a nationally televised solid for former coach Bill Curry, who has built the Panthers' program from scratch. The Crimson Tide probably have nothing to worry about, but they should be cautious. Scheduling an FCS opponent on a short week is why Virginia Tech is a top 15 team and not a top 10 team right now.
Last game: Beat Mississippi State, 30-10
Next game: Thursday vs. Georgia State l

1andDone
November 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Georgia state isn't doing as bad as they were supposed to do this year and Alabama isn't as good as they were supposed to be.... but it's still gonna be a blowout.
If Georgia state wins then i'd ololol

Georgia State, is doing WORSE than they were suppose to they lost to Lambuth, an NAIA team, but played well against Jackonville State

Milktruck74
November 16th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Saben plays the ones for 4 series and goes up 28-0 then its time to reward the scout team. He will do all he can to make sure he keeps the score under 50. The 3rd and 4th qtrs are your chance to shrink the difference. pick up two scores late and you walk out at 48-14 and a $500,000 check in your coffers. So GaSt walks away a winner.

GaSouthern
November 17th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Georgia State, is doing WORSE than they were suppose to they lost to Lambuth, an NAIA team, but played well IN THEIR LOSS TO Jackonville State

fixed

GATA
November 17th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Georgia State loses by NO MORE than 17 points...mark it down.

My official prediction is a 10 point loss to the Crimson Tide. They aren't nearly as bad as some people think.

DSUrocks07
November 17th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Early line:

Alabama -57.5 xshhhx

chattownmocs
November 17th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Id be shocked if it wasnt more than 17 at the ned of the first.

GSUhooligan
November 17th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Ga St can thank LSU. Since a 2-loss Alabama team is out of the BCS CG race, style points are no longer needed so the 60+ point Alabama victory that would have happened prior to the LSU game will only be a 40+ point victory.

SpeedkingATL
November 17th, 2010, 09:19 AM
Best of luck to GaSt! At least they get to play in one of the best environments for college football in the country. Somebody slip into the ALA athletic offices and smear undetectable grease on their footballs. 6 turnovers and GaSt is in business! Go Panthers!

heath
November 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Best of luck to GaSt! At least they get to play in one of the best environments for college football in the country. Somebody slip into the ALA athletic offices and smear undetectable grease on their footballs. 6 turnovers and GaSt is in business! Go Panthers!

I thought the GA dome was the best environment,so they will be used to those large noisy crowds.

seantaylor
November 17th, 2010, 09:41 PM
Georgia State loses by NO MORE than 17 points...mark it down.

My official prediction is a 10 point loss to the Crimson Tide. They aren't nearly as bad as some people think.

Want to make a bet on this one? I'll even round it up to 20. Alabama wins by at least 45.

Redbirdz
November 17th, 2010, 09:49 PM
No chance.

Longhorn
November 17th, 2010, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by SI
By picking Georgia State, Alabama can do a nationally televised solid for former coach Bill Curry, who has built the Panthers' program from scratch. The Crimson Tide probably have nothing to worry about, but they should be cautious. Scheduling an FCS opponent on a short week is why Virginia Tech is a top 15 team and not a top 10 team right now.

This is an absurd commentary by SI, in essence making no distinction between Georgia State's chance to pull off an upset over Bama and JMU's win over VT. It's also an insult to every mature FCS program who has ever played and beaten a FBS opponent...and lest it be forgotten, only twice in history has an FCS team beaten a ranked FBS team (ASU and JMU, two top FCS programs). GSU has enjoyed a solid first year, and their fans should be proud, but let's be real. GSU has no chance in this game, and anything under a 28 points loss would be a H-U-G-E moral victory. I hope the Panthers do well, but I'm afraid this is going to get ugly.

glsjunior
November 17th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by SI
By picking Georgia State, Alabama can do a nationally televised solid for former coach Bill Curry, who has built the Panthers' program from scratch. The Crimson Tide probably have nothing to worry about, but they should be cautious. Scheduling an FCS opponent on a short week is why Virginia Tech is a top 15 team and not a top 10 team right now.

This is an absurd commentary by SI, in essence making no distinction between Georgia State's chance to pull off an upset over Bama and JMU's win over VT. It's also an insult to every mature FCS program who has ever played and beaten a FBS opponent...and lest it be forgotten, only twice in history has an FCS team beaten a ranked FBS team (ASU and JMU, two top FCS programs). GSU has enjoyed a solid first year, and their fans should be proud, but let's be real. GSU has no chance in this game, and anything under a 28 points loss would be a H-U-G-E moral victory. I hope the Panthers do well, but I'm afraid this is going to get ugly.

Though to be accurate JMU is a bottom rung CAA program this season.

NHwildEcat
November 18th, 2010, 05:54 AM

But they are not a startup and in fact play in the hardest FCS conference in the nation.

Catatonic
November 18th, 2010, 05:57 AM
Originally Posted by SI

Georgia State is more on par with Idaho State than either ASU or JMU. Idaho State was humiliated by an otherwise hapless Georgia team a couple of weeks ago. Alabama is much better than the struggling Georgia Bulldogs and Georgia State is not any better than and may not be as good as Idaho State. I will cheer for the underdog FCS team but the reality is a Georgia State upset is not gonna happen. The margin of victory will be determined more by how quickly Alabama sends in subs than by anything Georgia State does or does not do.

appfan2008
November 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Just dont get killed...

VBR_Productions
November 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM
"Not only is Georgia State an FCS program playing at Bryant-Denny Stadium (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPNU), but this is the first season the school has had a football program. Congratulations, Alabama. You're not just devouring the Cupcake of the Week, you've got the Cupcake of the Year."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/101118_varsity_tailgate&sportCat=ncf

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 01:24 PM
That being said I want everyone to look at WR Danny Williams #17. He's an Ed McCaffery type that I believe one day will be playing on Sundays. I predict that if we score he'll be the one to do it.

VBR_Productions
November 18th, 2010, 02:05 PM
That being said I want everyone to look at WR Danny Williams #17.

He definitely stood out as a player. He wasn't the fastest guy and it's too early to predict a future in the NFL, but he and Little will put up some points the next three seasons. He took some shots but held on for solid catches.

Ivytalk
November 18th, 2010, 02:09 PM
This one could be uglier than a shar-pei's ***.xsmhx

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM
That being said I want everyone to look at WR Danny Williams #17. He's an Ed McCaffery type that I believe one day will be playing on Sundays. I predict that if we score he'll be the one to do it.

Just because he is white we make Ed McCaffery comparisons?

DSUrocks07
November 18th, 2010, 02:53 PM
Comment from ESPN game conversation

MDAstro: "Bama should make this a little more fair and start walkons and random students in the crowd" xlolx

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:26 PM
1 hour to go,=will this game be worth watching by 2nd quarter, and how many GSU players are crapping their pants watching Ingram during warm ups?

1andDone
November 18th, 2010, 05:33 PM
1 hour to go,=will this game be worth watching by 2nd quarter, and how many GSU players are crapping their pants watching Ingram during warm ups?

All of them ,Ga St, is not nearly as good as the think they are.

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Just because he is white we make Ed McCaffery comparisons?

Not exactly, though his isn't very fast, is a lanky 6'4 200 and has great hands. Who else would I compare him to Keyshawn Johnson?

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:38 PM
All of them Ga St, is not nearly as good as the think they are.

???? It's 5 O'clock somewhere,please try again

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Not exactly, though his isn't very fast, is a lanky 6'4 200 and has great hands. Who else would I compare him to Keyshawn Johnson?
Try, FRED BILETNIKOFF,he was just overlooked in high school

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:43 PM
All of them ,Ga St, is not nearly as good as the think they are.

1andDone, reread post and GOTCHA,...Alabama by ?.....35-42,or do they rest for Auburn?

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 05:44 PM
He's white too.

heath
November 18th, 2010, 05:49 PM
He's white too.

Thanks,never noticed in all the years he was on the fieldxbangx

Longhorn
November 18th, 2010, 05:54 PM

Bottom rung? Yeah, well, sell that BS to W&M. JMU will miss the playoffs this year, and quite likely finish the season 6-5 with wins over VT and two ranked teams. Bottom feeder? Hardly. On the other hand, GSU will finish with a winning season with a loss to an NAIA team and quite possibly an embarrassing blowout to Alabama. I'd really like to root for the Panthers, but fans like you make it difficult.

Franks Tanks
November 18th, 2010, 06:09 PM

Maybe Freddie Mitchell.

Milktruck74
November 18th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Stay healthy, and don't forget to grab your check on the way out of Tuscaloosa!!!

superman7515
November 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Well we're through 3 quarters so far with a tight one. Alabama clinging on to a 56-7 lead. Georgia State has racked up 129 total yards so far, an impressive 43 YPQ (yards per quarter). The Crimson Tide are +5 in the turnover category, outrushing GaSt 237-60.... Wait, this just in... 10 seconds into the 4th quarter and Alabama has given themselves some breathing room as 5th string running back (Alabama Depth Chart (http://alabama.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp)) Jalston Fowler rumbles 36 yards for a touchdown. 63-7 Alabama. Looking for 70 points for the first time in 30+ years.

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 09:52 PM
Well we're through 3 quarters so far with a tight one. Alabama clinging on to a 56-7 lead. Georgia State has racked up 129 total yards so far, an impressive 43 YPQ (yards per quarter). The Crimson Tide are +5 in the turnover category, outrushing GaSt 237-60.... Wait, this just in... 10 seconds into the 4th quarter and Alabama has given themselves some breathing room as 5th string running back (Alabama Depth Chart (http://alabama.rivals.com/cdepthtext.asp)) Jalston Fowler rumbles 36 yards for a touchdown. 63-7 Alabama. Looking for 70 points for the first time in 30+ years.

xhurrayxxlolxxhurrayx

With the statement made this week about the SoCon not being enough competition for Ga. State, the bet that they lose by less than App State (sorry, but the greatest show on earth won't have THAT much trouble on their hands in the swamp), this makes my week.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 18th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Early line:

Alabama -57.5 xshhhx

You have to give them some credit, GA State beat the spread...

Mr. C
November 18th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I enjoyed three things about the game tonight, Bill Curry's pre-game speech, the 55-yard pass completion on Georgia State's first offensive play and the 97-yard kickoff return for the Panthers' only touchdown.

Here is the College Sporting News take on the Georgia State-Alabama game:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?113-Thursday-Night-Football-Georgia-State-Alabama

GunsAndGuitars
November 18th, 2010, 10:23 PM
You have to give them some credit, GA State beat the spread...

Didn't 'Bama's kicker miss a 27 yd FG to end the 1st half?

Gringer1
November 18th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I enjoyed three things about the game tonight, Bill Curry's pre-game speech, the 55-yard pass completion on Georgia State's first offensive play and the 97-yard kickoff return for the Panthers' only touchdown.

Here is the College Sporting News take on the Georgia State-Alabama game:

http://www.collegesportingnews.com/entry.php?113-Thursday-Night-Football-Georgia-State-Alabama

The one where he said "I have no idea how we're gonna win this game"? Yeah, that was priceless.

glsjunior
November 18th, 2010, 11:11 PM
Try, FRED BILETNIKOFF,he was just overlooked in high school

I don't know if you saw it. Chris Fowler called Danny Williams an Ed McCaffery type.

inpsite1919
November 19th, 2010, 05:02 AM
Didn't 'Bama's kicker miss a 27 yd FG to end the 1st half?

That was the 2nd String Kicker but yes he did miss of the right goal post.

downbythebeach
November 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM
I wonder if GA State will be able to get some FBS teams to come to the Georgia Dome anytime soon?

Maybe UGA, Alabama, Florida State
while its technically a home game for GA state you'd have to imagine that these teams would bring in a huge amount of fans to Atlanta, and its not a rinky-dink stadium like a lot of our teams have.

henfan
November 19th, 2010, 07:50 AM
Curry is an imbecile for whoring his program out like that. He didn't exactly forge a good first impression of his team in front of a national audience.xthumbsdownx

If 'Bama didn't have Auburn on the immediate horizon, Saban would have kept in the starters a little longer and rolled up 90+ on the Panthers. Sad.

Tribe4SF
November 19th, 2010, 08:10 AM
The game was all about Curry. He spent the last week of his Twitter blog name-dropping, and indulging himself in Bama memories. Not a mention of his team, or GSU.

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Coach-Curry-s-Twitter-Updates

henfan
November 19th, 2010, 10:33 AM
The game was all about Curry. He spent the last week of his Twitter blog name-dropping, and indulging himself in Bama memories. Not a mention of his team, or GSU.

http://www.panthertalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?14-Coach-Curry-s-Twitter-Updates

S, I sadly agree. Seeing Curry parading his players through the 'Bama HOF so that they could view a display of the Curry Years was completely obnoxious.

glsjunior
November 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
Curry is an imbecile for whoring his program out like that. He didn't exactly forge a good first impression of his team in front of a national audience.xthumbsdownx

If 'Bama didn't have Auburn on the immediate horizon, Saban would have kept in the starters a little longer and rolled up 90+ on the Panthers. Sad.

I don't see how getting paid 435k to appear on National TV on a thursday night is bad for the program. The same thing would have happened to 95% of FCS teams, the only difference is that y'all would have been the 12pm regional Jefferson Pilot game. The one thing Curry can promise a recruit is that his connections will get you more exposure than most FCS teams will ever be able to get.

parr90
November 19th, 2010, 05:37 PM
I don't see how getting paid 435k to appear on National TV on a thursday night is bad for the program. The same thing would have happened to 95% of FCS teams, the only difference is that y'all would have been the 12pm regional Jefferson Pilot game. The one thing Curry can promise a recruit is that his connections will get you more exposure than most FCS teams will ever be able to get.

Kids these days dont even know who Bill Curry is, and he aint going to get them any more exposure than Apps states coach or many others.

gsueagle2424
November 19th, 2010, 05:50 PM

No need to justify getting your arses reemed. Georgia Southern went to Annapolis played on CBS sports, collected a nice check and managed not to make an absolute mockery of their program.

glsjunior
November 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Kids these days dont even know who Bill Curry is, and he aint going to get them any more exposure than Apps states coach or many others.

If they have fathers I bet they know who he is. Besides, I didn't see anyone interviewing App St.'s coach for documentaries like "Boys of Fall", nor can I go to Barnes and Noble and pick up his book "Ten Men in the Huddle." Curry might not be the best coach in FCS, but he damn sure is the most well known coach in FCS and our staff is probably the most well known staff in FCS. John Bond and John Thompson could probably be a head coach and any one of your schools.

glsjunior
November 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
No need to justify getting your arses reemed. Georgia Southern went to Annapolis played on CBS sports, collected a nice check and managed not to make an absolute mockery of their program.

Are you really trying to compare a 3 pm CBS regional game with Navy to a Thurs night national game with Alabama with the Gameday crew? No wonder you went to Ga Southern.

Gringer1
November 19th, 2010, 06:02 PM
There's a huge difference between exposure and being exposed. I don't see how getting the brakes beat off of you on national television makes others want to join you. If the Johny boys are so great, tell them to take the short trip over to Greenville and interview for Furman's recently opened position. Also, CBS Sports is not a "regional game."

panama
November 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM
gls...why bother...its trying to reason with Fox News. If that's what they got out of all of this to hell with them. I get his tweets and man if you are picking 4 tweets out of a whole season then you're nuts. He took them to the Bear Bryant Museum to show them what a great program is. I was in Tuscaloosa for this game and I can tell you, its Bama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame and then the rest of humanity. There is a program gap between Bama and even the Georgias and Floridas. That is what he is showing them. This is what we want to build towards. If anyone exposed us it was Kirk Herbstreit with his completely unsolicited verbal advertisement where in 60 seconds or so he said everything about Georgia State that we have been saying here for 18 months.

gsueagle2424
November 19th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Are you really trying to compare a 3 pm CBS regional game with Navy to a Thurs night national game with Alabama with the Gameday crew? No wonder you went to Ga Southern.

I will take a 13-7 loss on National CBS Sports any day over a 63-7 (could of been way more than 63) shellacking on ESPN U. I think people just feel sorry for you guys now.

glsjunior
November 19th, 2010, 06:37 PM
gls...why bother...its trying to reason with Fox News. If that's what they got out of all of this to hell with them. I get his tweets and man if you are picking 4 tweets out of a whole season then you're nuts. He took them to the Bear Bryant Museum to show them what a great program is. I was in Tuscaloosa for this game and I can tell you, its Bama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame and then the rest of humanity. There is a program gap between Bama and even the Georgias and Floridas. That is what he is showing them. This is what we want to build towards. If anyone exposed us it was Kirk Herbstreit with his completely unsolicited verbal advertisement where in 60 seconds or so he said everything about Georgia State that we have been saying here for 18 months.

But I know what they really feel in their heart and that's why its fun. They are all saying to themselves...
"Why can't we be on the cover on ESPN the Mag?"
"Why can't our coach be quoted on tv?"
"Why don't we get national tv games?"
"Why can't we play in a world class facility"
"Why do they have a 5 mil dollar budget and ours is only 2 mil?"

GunsAndGuitars
November 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
I was in Tuscaloosa for this game and I can tell you, its Bama, Ohio State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame and then the rest of humanity. There is a program gap between Bama and even the Georgias and Floridas. That is what he is showing them.

Would you like to add the team with the most wins in NCAA history to that list? xscanx

GSU EAGLES
November 19th, 2010, 06:58 PM

Did the museum have the brick that was thrown through Curry's front window at his home when the Tide fans ran his a** out of town after 3 years? I am sure those are a lot of great memories for Curry and his family. Glad he got to take his Ga State kids on a trip down memory lane.

GSU EAGLES
November 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM

If you like to receive pity then you would have been very happy. The ESPN crew felt sorry for the fact old man Curry got run out of Tuscaloosa in 89. They then felt sorry for those outmanned kids. I am wondering if people feel so sorry for the Ga State football team that they will be treated like the trapped Chilean miners and get offers to go on Letterman, Disney World etc.

JohnStOnge
November 19th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Georgia state isn't doing as bad as they were supposed to do this year and Alabama isn't as good as they were supposed to be....

I think that if the FBS had a playoff Alabama would be a serious threat to win the national title. They lost at South Carolina and at LSU after each of those teams had open dates. In fact they're going through a year in which a bunch of their SEC opponents have open dates prior to playing them. They've had the target on their back all year.

Put it this way: If there was a FBS playoff similar to the FCS playoff I'd like Alabama's chances a whole lot better than I'd like Boise State's or TCU's chances. And if I were an Auburn fan I'd be pretty darned nervous about next week.

proasu89
November 19th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I think that if the FBS had a playoff Alabama would be a serious threat to win the national title. They lost at South Carolina and at LSU after each of those teams had open dates. In fact they're going through a year in which a bunch of their SEC opponents have open dates prior to playing them. They've had the target on their back all year.

Put it this way: If there was a FBS playoff similar to the FCS playoff I'd like Alabama's chances a whole lot better than I'd like Boise State's or TCU's chances. And if I were an Auburn fan I'd be pretty darned nervous about next week.

If I was an Auburn fan I'd be nervous too and it would have nothing to do w/ Bama.

panama
November 19th, 2010, 08:27 PM
I'll go you one better. If this was an NFL type system with home field advantage through the playoffs, I dont see se how you beat Bama at home this year. They would have a clear advantage until you get them out of that stadium and even so I think that they are the best team this year. They are playing 7 teams in a row that had a bye week the week before playing Bama and they are beat up. After seeing the game in person last night and then watching the replay today I dont see a Boise State standing toe to toe with them. I think they are a better case for a playoff than TCU and Boise State. Something is wrong when that team is not part of the BCS title picture.

panama
November 19th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Would you like to add the team with the most wins in NCAA history to that list? xscanx

Um....no?

GunsAndGuitars
November 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Um....no?

I didn't figure you would want to since that team got beaten a couple of years ago by an FCS team...

straightshooter
November 19th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Don't see why we're spending so much time on this Alabama scrimmage. It could have been 100+ to 0 if Saban wanted it to be. This was all about Curry and really had nothing to do with GA State starting football. That's not much of a story that would interest ESPN. There were other startup programs that were much more impressive - see ODU.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 19th, 2010, 09:09 PM
But I know what they really feel in their heart and that's why its fun. They are all saying to themselves...
"Why can't we be on the cover on ESPN the Mag?"
"Why can't our coach be quoted on tv?"
"Why don't we get national tv games?"
"Why can't we play in a world class facility"
"Why do they have a 5 mil dollar budget and ours is only 2 mil?"

None of that is important if you aren't winning games. Programs like GaSou have earned respect through a winning tradition. GaState has had a good season for a first year program, but hasn't been proven or truly tested yet.

You have a coach who was great in the past, but washed out of Kentucky, national TV exposure from being a whipping boy for hire, a 'world class' facility that's a rental, and a bunch of hype with not much to back it up yet. I'm not saying that GaState won't be good in the future, and won't earn some accolade, they very well might. What I am saying is that it's silly to boast about being on TV if that exposure came at the cost of a brutal beat down, and that the only reason the program was on TV was because the coach had some connections and any team with legitimate playoff aspirations was too smart to accept the offer from the Tide.

If anything, this reminds me of when Del State went to play Michigan in the big house - they went out on the field and were dominated to the point of embarrassment for the whole FCS community, and then talked about what a great opportunity it was.

Skjellyfetti
November 19th, 2010, 11:16 PM
I think that if the FBS had a playoff Alabama would be a serious threat to win the national title. They lost at South Carolina and at LSU after each of those teams had open dates. In fact they're going through a year in which a bunch of their SEC opponents have open dates prior to playing them.

The open date thing is overrated. I remember a reporter asking Saban about that earlier this year. He said an open date can be a benefit or a detriment. It can work either way. He said he went back and looked at the last couple of years of teams in teh SEC after an open date. They were something like 25-25 following an open date.

SaintDK10
November 20th, 2010, 12:33 AM
None of that is important if you aren't winning games. Programs like GaSou have earned respect through a winning tradition. GaState has had a good season for a first year program, but hasn't been proven or truly tested yet.

You have a coach who was great in the past, but washed out of Kentucky, national TV exposure from being a whipping boy for hire, a 'world class' facility that's a rental, and a bunch of hype with not much to back it up yet. I'm not saying that GaState won't be good in the future, and won't earn some accolade, they very well might. What I am saying is that it's silly to boast about being on TV if that exposure came at the cost of a brutal beat down, and that the only reason the program was on TV was because the coach had some connections and any team with legitimate playoff aspirations was too smart to accept the offer from the Tide.

If anything, this reminds me of when Del State went to play Michigan in the big house - they went out on the field and were dominated to the point of embarrassment for the whole FCS community, and then talked about what a great opportunity it was.
Man, you really can't even make this stuff up if you tried. GSU was "dominated to the point of embarrassment for the whole FCS community." Really? Tell me, please, how is GSU's loss different from Auburn dropping 62 points on UT-Chattanooga this year? Heck, last year's defending national champion, Florida, beat Troy 56-6. At least GSU is a startup, whereas UT-Chattanooga has a shot at FCS playoffs this year, not to mention that Troy was the back-to-back-to-back conference champion when they got their drubbing.

I'm going to give you some great advice, although I truly doubt it will register. Instead of assuming what last night was to the "FCS community," why don't you read, or better yet, ask what some of the Tide fans thought, as well as the FBS community. It might give you a better picture of reality, which apparently doesn't apply outside of the "FCS community."

GSU, a start-up that has played 3 months of competitive football, went up against a program with over a 100 years of history, and actually hung tough for the first quarter. There is no shame for a start-up to lose with that margin to defending national champion.

I truly wonder how many teams in the "FCS community" would have fared better at Bryant-Denny stadium last night. You want to talk about an embarrassment to the "FCS community," start with Stephen F. Austin dropping 72 points on Lamar and holding them to a field goal.

gsueagle2424
November 20th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Man, you really can't even make this stuff up if you tried. GSU was "dominated to the point of embarrassment for the whole FCS community." Really? Tell me, please, how is GSU's loss different from Auburn dropping 62 points on UT-Chattanooga this year? Heck, last year's defending national champion, Florida, beat Troy 56-6. At least GSU is a startup, whereas UT-Chattanooga has a shot at FCS playoffs this year, not to mention that Troy was the back-to-back-to-back conference champion when they got their drubbing.

I'm going to give you some great advice, although I truly doubt it will register. Instead of assuming what last night was to the "FCS community," why don't you read, or better yet, ask what some of the Tide fans thought, as well as the FBS community. It might give you a better picture of reality, which apparently doesn't apply outside of the "FCS community."

GSU, a start-up that has played 3 months of competitive football, went up against a program with over a 100 years of history, and actually hung tough for the first quarter. There is no shame for a start-up to lose with that margin to defending national champion.

I truly wonder how many teams in the "FCS community" would have fared better at Bryant-Denny stadium last night. You want to talk about an embarrassment to the "FCS community," start with Stephen F. Austin dropping 72 points on Lamar and holding them to a field goal.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

SuperEagle
November 20th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I just wonder how Lambuth would have fared against the Tide. Maybe next time Alabama thinks about scheduling Ga State they'll schedule Lambuth instead. I think that's a more attractive game for their fans and the viewers. I'm sure it would be a closer game too.

superman7515
November 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM

Tower of Bammer - Alabama vs Georgia State: Embarrassing Mother-effing Preview (http://towerofbammer.com/2010/alabama-vs-georgia-state/)

Who the F--- is Georgia State?
Georgia State is a school in the ***-middle of Atlanta. They have a pretty sweet music station (that will prob take your insufferable Sufjan Stevens requests). Georgia State is most famous for producing Justin Beiber’s sidekick, a tall handsome energetic youngster named Ludacris.

From the Press Register's (Alabama) own sportswriter Randy Kennedy...
So Saban is likely going to be faced with the choice of dominating until the final whistle while playing the backups to his backups or kneeling on the ball beginning in the third quarter to keep the score in the 70-0 range.

Either scenario would be a black eye for both teams and college football. It makes you wonder what would be wrong with beating Samford or Georgia Southern by 50 points instead of risking a potential embarrassment against a program that has no business being on the field with the national champions.

From Opposing Views:
This is actually a pretty embarrassing situation with one of the most storied programs in college football history getting ready to beat the daylights out of a start-up program in its first year of play. And for what? A favor to a loser coach we ran off a couple decades ago? I don't get it.

NHwildEcat
November 20th, 2010, 09:55 AM
I just wonder how Lambuth would have fared against the Tide. Maybe next time Alabama thinks about scheduling Ga State they'll schedule Lambuth instead. I think that's a more attractive game for their fans and the viewers. I'm sure it would be a closer game too.

I thought I heard that Lambuth was moving up to the SEC? No? Damn...they are a powerhouse.

glsjunior
November 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
So how is our beatdown worse than App St getting beat down 48-10? Oh I forgot, the storied App St. program could only make it to ESPN 3

glsjunior
November 20th, 2010, 04:00 PM
I thought I heard that Lambuth was moving up to the SEC? No? Damn...they are a powerhouse.

If your state population equals your post count you arent allowed to clown teams on message board.