PDA

View Full Version : Who hosts in the west?

MplsBison
November 7th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Assume Montana, Montana St, Eastern Wash, UNI, WIU and NDSU all get in but none of them get a top 4 seed.

Who hosts in the west?

I'd assume that these teams will play each other and also assume that Montana wold be a lock to host for obviously reasons.

Of the other teams, stadium capacity (wikipedia):

NDSU - 18700
WIU - 16368
UNI - 16000
Montana St - 15000
EWU - 8600

It's not automatically determined by capacity, rather by a bid process.

So I'd like to think NDSU would be another lock to host...but not sure.

Any thoughts?

blukeys
November 7th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Assume Montana, Montana St, Eastern Wash, UNI, WIU and NDSU all get in but none of them get a top 4 seed.

Who hosts in the west?

I'd assume that these teams will play each other and also assume that Montana wold be a lock to host for obviously reasons.

Of the other teams:

NDSU - 18700
WIU - 16368
UNI - 16000
Montana St - 15000
EWU - 8600

It's not automatically determined by capacity, rather by a bid process.

So I'd like to think NDSU would be another lock to host...but not sure.

Any thoughts?

If it is a bidding process why should any team in the west get preference? If Nova submits a higher bid why shouldn't they host???

The only guaranteed hosts are seeded teams.

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Host what?

EdubAlum
November 7th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Roos Field (home of the EWU) can hold about 12,500 with temporary seating. I know for a fact they've put in a bid to host a first round game. I also think if (big if) we win out, we get a seed.

MplsBison
November 7th, 2010, 05:30 PM
If it is a bidding process why should any team in the west get preference? If Nova submits a higher bid why shouldn't they host???

The only guaranteed hosts are seeded teams.

The NCAA will pair western teams together in the first round, rather than sending six western teams by flight to the east coast.

So, if six unseeded western teams get in then three of those six will host first round games.

So which of six mentioned would host?

MplsBison
November 7th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Host what?

Tupperware party

MplsBison
November 7th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Roos Field (home of the EWU) can hold about 12,500 with temporary seating. I know for a fact they've put in a bid to host a first round game. I also think if (big if) we win out, we get a seed.

It's possible, but I don't think any Big Sky or MVFC teams are getting seeds this year.

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Tupperware party

Nice - that might be the only place some those teams have to go by the first weekend in December

Did you mean first round games? Because outside of EWU, it's not looking like anybody will host in the West. There isn't a "western region"

nmatsen
November 7th, 2010, 06:16 PM
If UNI and NDSU win out NDSU hosts a play in round game and UNI hosts a second round game. Question, in the past conference mates couldn't meet up in the first round, can it be set up that they meet in the second? For example winner of NDSU and Montana State play @ UNI, can that fly?

Fear the Bird
November 7th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I'm sure it flies although I would expect them to attempt to avoid at all costs conference games until quarterfinals

NovaHater
November 7th, 2010, 09:40 PM

Win out and hope for a UD loss against UMASS or Nova.

There are 5 seeds this year instead of 4 so it's certainly possible.