PDA

View Full Version : Atypical Behavior from Michael Waltrip

Georgia Griz
May 9th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Being a huge Michael Waltrip fan, I must say that I was a little embarrassed by the way he acted on Saturday night. I can understand the frustration, but Mikey handled it pretty well when they interviewed him immediately after the wreck. As a matter of fact, I couldn't have been more proud of him. So, then, what does he do? He gets his car fixed, gets back out on the track, and then begins to give his best Tony Stewart impersonation. The whole thing was just so strange. Not because it happened (because that kind of stuff happens all the time in NASCAR), but because Mikey was involved. The best thing that Mikey could have done was just ignore Green. You would think that might be easy to do. It's not like Dale Earnhardt, Jr. bump-drafted you into the wall, or anything. And it's not like Waltrip just bumped Green once, and then let it go. Mikey bumps Green. Green side-swipes Mikey. Mikey spins Green, and causes a caution flag to be waved. It was very comical, but serious at the same time. It hurts me to say it, but Waltrip should receive some kind of penalty. Green should receive a penalty for the side-swipe, but not receive a penalty for the first accident. It was obvious that he caused it, even though he won't admit it, but it was just a mistake. That's bound to happen when your Jeff Green. Mikey's actions weren't mistakes; they were deliberate. Man, that was hard to say. But as NASCAR fans, I think that we should take our favorite drivers to task when they occasionally mess up.

Also, what's up with NASCAR having a trailor at the track, where they can haul you in "elementary school-style" and discipline you. I think that it's hilarious, but clever. What if the NFL had an office at every football field across the country where they just bring you in after the game and punish you then. That would be great!

One more thing, was it ever said what Kurt Busch did during the race that got him hauled in to the NASCAR trailor? I totally missed all of that.

grizbeer
May 9th, 2005, 09:16 AM
I was surprised Mikey did that, but it was kind of funny - I can't stand Jeff Green. I think they will be o.k., but that was the 2nd time this year Green has taken Mikey out.

Kurt Busch was told to stop on the track and let the pace car and field pass (I don't really know why), and he didn't do it, so they called him to pit lane for a 2 lap penalty. When he came in he yelled obscenities over the radio at NASCAR officials. He will get a bigger fine, even if the original call by NASCAR was wrong, than Waltrip will.

polsongrizz
May 9th, 2005, 09:20 AM
Waltrips shenanigans were deliberate, Greens were not until Waltrip came back out. Like any other driver he needs to be fined.