PDA

View Full Version : Rockets get pounded

blackfordpu
May 8th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Man, was that a sorry excuse for a professional basketball (or any sport) game or what?!?! I mean come on, to lose a playoff game by 40 points is just not acceptable.

I knew they were in for a long night after the first few minutes of the first quarter. They were just running down the court and rushing/forcing shots. Not even trying to get it into Yao to get some points.

full story (http://www.click2houston.com/sports/4463697/detail.html)

I am however looking forward to the Suns and Mavs series. I am interested to see how Nash plays aginst his old team.

blueballs
May 9th, 2005, 09:42 AM
As a former Orlando Magic season ticket holder who put hundreds, maybe even a couple thousand dollars in Tracy (Quitter) McGrady's pocket and had to watch my cousin explain to his 10 YO son, who was in tears after the SI article last fall, why his idol was a quitter and gave less than his best in 03-04 but still got paid 100%, I can honestly say it couldn't happen to a better person.

blackfordpu
May 10th, 2005, 12:11 AM
McGrady isnt the only person on the team though.

blueballs
May 10th, 2005, 09:39 AM
McGrady isnt the only person on the team though.

But I can assure you that he's the only person on that team that has burned his bridge in this his home area and the only person the folks around here truly want to see fail.... except maybe Penny Hardaway.

I have nothing against the Rockets and even like Van Gundy (his comments last week aside) but I'd bet about 99% of the Magic fans and season tix holders wouldn't piss on Quitter McGrady if he was on fire.