Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State
South Dakota @ North Dakota State
Missouri State @ Illinois State
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State

hmmmm,xrotatehx who knows?

So it shall be, Home teams rule.

Gil Dobie
September 21st, 2010, 10:56 PM
NDSU wins with Jensen at QB, loses with Mohler at QB, up for grabs if they split time.

da_bears
September 21st, 2010, 11:54 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska
Indiana State @ Western Illinois

PantherRob82
September 21st, 2010, 11:58 PM
Only one I feel solid on is Nebraska over the Jacks.

All the other ones could easily go either way.

Iwuvdatrees
September 22nd, 2010, 08:56 AM
Nebraska
Indiana State
Southern Illinois
North Dakota State
Illinois State
Iowa State

darell1976
September 22nd, 2010, 08:58 AM

Big Al
September 22nd, 2010, 09:45 AM

Honestly, I will be shocked if I get half of my picks correct this week -- lots of good matchups.

cderry
September 22nd, 2010, 10:15 AM

Iwuvdatrees
September 22nd, 2010, 10:20 AM
I am just happy to see someone other than me picking Indiana State to win...

THE HERD
September 22nd, 2010, 10:24 AM

hmmmm,xrotatehx who knows?

Huskers- The bunnies start out 0-3 ouch
Leathernecks
Guins- This one could easily go the other way, but I have a hunch
If the O-Line can play the whole game like they played the fourth quarter last week I take the Herd, if not the Yotes are gonna bite us in the ***!
Redbirds
Cyclones

Professor Chaos
September 22nd, 2010, 10:37 AM

Nebraska/SDSU is the only blowout, the others are tight or at the least competitive.

Big Al
September 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
I am just happy to see someone other than me picking Indiana State to win...

Hey, you got the 'Necks last year, no reason you can't go two in a row, right?

HandoEX
September 22nd, 2010, 11:32 AM

arabian83
September 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2010, 12:19 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska - SDSU goes 0-3, hope for a 2007 repeat (or better)
Indiana State @ Western Illinois - WIU has been much better this year than last, but so has ISU-Trees. If In St has turned corner, need this W.
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State SEMO was a fluke? Find out at YSU
South Dakota @ North Dakota State - Bison has not really shown offense, and IMHO, 'Yotes O is playing well.
Missouri State @ Illinois State Picked up the big road W in Brookings, get the home W on da Bears.
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State - UNI has a good shot at this. GO UNI! Still going to go with the 92% win rate by FBS programs over FCS.

birdsflyhigh
September 22nd, 2010, 12:22 PM
Going with all home winners except for 1....

Winners:
Nebraska Huskers
WIU Necks
YSU Guins
NDSU Bison
ISU Birds
and
UNI Cats with a roadie win at ISU Clones

xcoolx

leatherneck177
September 22nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska - Huskers by 36, game is put out of reach in 2nd quarter.
Indiana State @ Western Illinois - The Necks will NOT be overlooking this game, you had better believe they want this one. Western by 17.
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State - Salukis bounce back, win by 10.
South Dakota @ North Dakota State - Bison pull away late to win by 13.
Missouri State @ Illinois State - momentum is on Redbirds side, they win by two touchdowns.
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State - FG at the horn wins it for Panthers.

MSUDuo
September 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM

kab
September 22nd, 2010, 04:32 PM
Huskers
W.I.
S.I.
SD (by17)
I.S.
N.I.

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2010, 05:20 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska One of the few times I'd expect an FBS blowout of an FCS school.
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State, could actually be an FCS blowout

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM

I support this view. I think Missouri st could be better than illinois st.

doinit salukistyle
September 22nd, 2010, 06:22 PM
Nebraska
Western Illinois
Southern Illinois
North Dakota State
Illinois State
Iowa State

On the SIU YSU game...if Dieker is QB, YSU wins, if McIntosh is QB, SIU wins.

A 5th year senior should never be 1 for 6 with 2 ints and 1 fumble. How Dieker is even in the discussion confounds me.

SO ILLmatic
September 22nd, 2010, 07:02 PM
I think Mac will be starting this weekend, however it still won't be enough.

Maybe another week of closed practices will help for week five.

Y'town by 13.

Others:
Huskers
WIU
NDSU
Mizzou State
Iowa State

BearsCountry
September 22nd, 2010, 07:22 PM
Nebraska
Indiana State
Youngstown State
North Dakota State
Missouri State
Iowa State

ValleyChamp
September 22nd, 2010, 08:10 PM

DOME
September 22nd, 2010, 08:30 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska - Huskers by 36, game is put out of reach in 2nd quarter.
Indiana State @ Western Illinois - The Necks will NOT be overlooking this game, you had better believe they want this one. Western by 17.
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State - Salukis bounce back, win by 10.
South Dakota @ North Dakota State - Bison pull away late to win by 13.
Missouri State @ Illinois State - momentum is on Redbirds side, they win by two touchdowns.
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State - FG at the horn wins it for Panthers.

While UNI doesn't have great success with FG's at the buzzer...especially against instate rivals...ouch still hurts...

I'm going against the grain and picking all road teams except for SDSU...jacks are starting 0-3 this year

TheBisonator
September 22nd, 2010, 10:42 PM
I have:

Houndawg
September 23rd, 2010, 07:09 AM
Nebraska
Western Illinois
Southern Illinois
North Dakota State
Illinois State
Iowa State

On the SIU YSU game...if Dieker is QB, YSU wins, if McIntosh is QB, SIU wins.

A 5th year senior should never be 1 for 6 with 2 ints and 1 fumble. How Dieker is even in the discussion confounds me.

How anybody can blame Dieker for the choke job by the defense that was up 21-3 in the 3rd qtr. confounds me. I think Dieker is forcing things because the NFL is watching.

SalukiJim
September 23rd, 2010, 11:16 AM
How anybody can blame Dieker for the choke job by the defense that was up 21-3 in the 3rd qtr. confounds me. I think Dieker is forcing things because the NFL is watching.

Agreed. According to my stat sheet, Dieker gave up 0 yds. rushing...

Redbird Ray
September 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
Home teams win this weekend. Some pretty good games though, many of which are a complete coin toss. Good to have conference play going again.

xnodx

Jacked_Rabbit
September 23rd, 2010, 07:23 PM
Quick question to any Saluki fans out there - Is Southern Illinois really that BAD all of the sudden?!?

Last week, I couldn't believe UNI was initially favored by 14 over SFA. I jumped on SFA +14 and they won straight up - easy money!

This week, I can't believe Y-town is favored by 7 over SIU... It seems to me like the Salukis are going to come out looking like a new team this weekend. Once again, easy money! Let's go SIU!

SalukiJim
September 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
Quick question to any Saluki fans out there - Is Southern Illinois really that BAD all of the sudden?!?

Last week, I couldn't believe UNI was initially favored by 14 over SFA. I jumped on SFA +14 and they won straight up - easy money!

This week, I can't believe Y-town is favored by 7 over SIU... It seems to me like the Salukis are going to come out looking like a new team this weekend. Once again, easy money! Let's go SIU!

While we all hope not, there's no denying we are in serious trouble early this season. I don't know if they just ran out of gas late in the 3rd vs. SEMO, but getting outscored 21-0 in the last 18 minutes of a game, to a team everyone thinks you should just dominate, indicates some big problems. The coaching staff has been quick to yank the #1 QB Dieker, in my opinion, and the D has not toughened up. We will get a real good feel to the quality of this team's make-up this weekend as YSU appears to be on the rise.

Houndawg
September 24th, 2010, 03:55 AM

All the wrong people are injured.

F'N Hawks
September 24th, 2010, 07:31 AM

Which guys are injured?

ysubigred
September 24th, 2010, 07:35 AM

That's what I hate about this game. If YSU wins, it will be the old dawgs was beat up etc... I wish you all were 100% so we could gauge where we are since you all have been the elite team the last few years. With all your so called injuries and you all beat us we can say we're still rebuilding xbeerchugxxshakingmadx

I'll take all the home teams. Nebraska by 55 over the rabbits xtwocentsx

leatherneck177
September 24th, 2010, 08:31 AM
That is pretty much how it works. If anyone besides UNI or SIU should happen to win the league, it is because of a "down year" in the MVFC.

MSUDuo
September 24th, 2010, 09:54 AM
That is pretty much how it works. If anyone besides UNI or SIU should happen to win the league, it is because of a "down year" in the MVFC.

Well, if we some how pull it off for the first time in 20 years, you won't hear me complaining xcoolx

leatherneck177
September 24th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Well, if we some how pull it off for the first time in 20 years, you won't hear me complaining xcoolx

Same here.

SalukiJim
September 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM
That's what I hate about this game. If YSU wins, it will be the old dawgs was beat up etc... I wish you all were 100% so we could gauge where we are since you all have been the elite team the last few years. With all your so called injuries and you all beat us we can say we're still rebuilding xbeerchugxxshakingmadx

I'll take all the home teams. Nebraska by 55 over the rabbits xtwocentsx

I don't use injuries as an excuse - it happens to everybody. I have to say, you all travel well - there are always plenty of Red-clad Penguin fans when you come to Carbondale. If you guys beat us it's 'cause you deserve it!
We have McElroy (preseason All-America Safety) and Goode (preseason 2nd or 3rd team All-America FB) hurt. And one or two linemen. But not like we're wipe out nor that we can use that as an excuse. My big question, still a "game-day" decision is who our starting QB will be. Not because of injuries, coaching staff can't seem to make up there minds...

Sorry the Rabbits gotta face the Huskers this weekend. Afraid to see that one!

SalukiJim
September 24th, 2010, 10:21 AM

Do you guys still have that big TE? He was a stud last year!

ysubigred
September 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I don't use injuries as an excuse - it happens to everybody. I have to say, you all travel well - there are always plenty of Red-clad Penguin fans when you come to Carbondale. If you guys beat us it's 'cause you deserve it!
We have McElroy (preseason All-America Safety) and Goode (preseason 2nd or 3rd team All-America FB) hurt. And one or two linemen. But not like we're wipe out nor that we can use that as an excuse. My big question, still a "game-day" decision is who our starting QB will be. Not because of injuries, coaching staff can't seem to make up there minds...

Sorry the Rabbits gotta face the Huskers this weekend. Afraid to see that one!

Carbondale (SIU) is always on my travel list. You all treat us YSU fans like one of your own. Not many road trips I've been to where I get the royal treatment xhurrayx
Montana is awesome until you enter the stadium for the game xnottalkingx

Good luck and here's to a good and healthy game xbeerchugx

UNIFanSince1983
September 24th, 2010, 11:25 AM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska This will be a throttling! If Jake Locker only gets 20 yards passing against Nebraska...
Indiana State @ Western Illinois need revenge from last years embarassing loss, and appear to be back in the right direction
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State I really don't know at this point, should be a good one though
South Dakota @ North Dakota State If it was in Vermillion I would pick the Yotes, but can't see NDSU losing in Fargo
Missouri State @ Illinois State Another conference game that could go either way
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State Too many question marks still for us to go into Jack Trice and win, but should be close as all of our games against the instate big boys have been recently. My main concern is who is starting at quarterback. I think we have a great shot to win if it is Davis, but who knows...

SalukiJim
September 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Carbondale (SIU) is always on my travel list. You all treat us YSU fans like one of your own. Not many road trips I've been to where I get the royal treatment xhurrayx
Montana is awesome until you enter the stadium for the game xnottalkingx

Good luck and here's to a good and healthy game xbeerchugx

Well, next year if you make the trip up I'll have to welcome you to our new stadium and treat you to some tailgating treats...xthumbsupxxbeerchugx

Jacked_Rabbit
September 24th, 2010, 12:03 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska Huskers win by 60+...
Indiana State @ Western Illinois Home field advantage propels WIU to a 13 pt. win...
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State With backs against the wall, SIU responds to win by 4...
South Dakota @ North Dakota State Hostile Fargo Dome is difference in game; Bison by 3...
Missouri State @ Illinois State Home field is the difference again, Red Birds by 7...
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State Iowa St. wins by more than most think; Clones by 17...

ysubigred
September 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Well, next year if you make the trip up I'll have to welcome you to our new stadium and treat you to some tailgating treats...xthumbsupxxbeerchugx

Looking forward to it xthumbsupx I live at Fort Knox KY so Carbondale is just a hop skip and a jump away. xbowx

MSUDuo
September 24th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Do you guys still have that big TE? He was a stud last year!

Nope. All-American TE Clay Harbour was a 4th round pick by the Eagles and is now their 2nd string TE.

We should could use him this year. Our WR can't catch a ball to save their lives...

jayhawkdaddy
September 24th, 2010, 02:57 PM
Nebraska
Indiana State
Youngstown State
South Dakota
Missouri State
Iowa State

DOME
September 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM
South Dakota State @ Nebraska This will be a throttling! If Jake Locker only gets 20 yards passing against Nebraska...
Indiana State @ Western Illinois need revenge from last years embarassing loss, and appear to be back in the right direction
Southern Illinois @ Youngstown State I really don't know at this point, should be a good one though
South Dakota @ North Dakota State If it was in Vermillion I would pick the Yotes, but can't see NDSU losing in Fargo
Missouri State @ Illinois State Another conference game that could go either way
Northern Iowa @ Iowa State Too many question marks still for us to go into Jack Trice and win, but should be close as all of our games against the instate big boys have been recently. My main concern is who is starting at quarterback. I think we have a great shot to win if it is Davis, but who knows...

Got the inside scoop, Rennie is starting. But they may be putting Davis in for a few plays/series. Davis really had a shot at robbing the starting slot until he fumbled.

Superneck
September 25th, 2010, 05:57 PM
those that picked Indiana State? ummm...wow. don't play the lottery today....

cderry
September 25th, 2010, 06:10 PM
those that picked Indiana State? ummm...wow. don't play the lottery today....

Big 40-7 win over Indiana St! Go necks!

Western_101
September 25th, 2010, 06:51 PM
those that pick ISU blue are just 'Neck haters.

sometimes you have people that try to hang on to past glories and delude themselves that trolling message boards and being childish will keep them in some measure of relevance.

Cap'n is your kitty calling.

Gil Dobie
September 25th, 2010, 08:12 PM
My UNI pick isn't looking very good right now

JoeNeck90
September 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
those that pick ISU blue are just 'Neck haters.

sometimes you have people that try to hang on to past glories and delude themselves that trolling message boards and being childish will keep them in some measure of relevance.

Cap'n is your kitty calling.

Don't sweat it. Cap'n and his heavily medicated crew of PR, Extenze or Clenz and PFL will always hate on the Necks. Actually PFL, doesn't hate but the other two will follow the all knowing CC like David Koresh. ****..... to think I used to feed UNIFAN and DOMEGUY from back in the day while big, semi-pro PR and C were still going to games with their folks. PR, I will PM you you for your cell. I may need some "quack" back shifting when the snow shovelin' season comes along. You guys are always looking for some side cash.

steelbison
September 25th, 2010, 09:07 PM
Necks, see you next week in the FargoDome.

It's not going to be easy..just ask the Yotes...xnodx

JoeNeck90
September 25th, 2010, 09:36 PM
We ain't comin. You guys are too good. Did you replace the cement, yet?

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Nope, better have tape on your arms for rug burn protection.

Twentysix
September 26th, 2010, 12:06 AM
1 game off this week again. Next week. Next week.

Daved
September 26th, 2010, 11:43 AM

This week, I can't believe Y-town is favored by 7 over SIU... It seems to me like the Salukis are going to come out looking like a new team this weekend. Once again, easy money! Let's go SIU!Share some of that easy money you made with the refs--without that bad onside kick call @ the end of the YSU game ,you would've lost.