PDA

View Full Version : UTSA's First Professional Football Player

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM
...and as you can guess, he never played a snap on the UTSA Roadrunners football team!

SAN ANTONIO — Four-time track & field All-American Teddy Williams fulfilled a life-long childhood dream on Thursday when he signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys. Williams, who will begin his National Football League (NFL) career at defensive back and wear No. 29, is on the field for the Cowboys' 2:15 p.m. practice at the Alamodome. The terms of the deal were not released.

“I just want to thank Jerry Jones and the entire Dallas Cowboys organization for giving me the opportunity to fulfill a childhood dream,” Williams said. “I’m anxious to get started and looking forward to this new challenge in my life. I wouldn’t be at this point without the help of the UTSA football coaching staff. They’ve worked with me the last month and helped me get ready for this opportunity. I also want to thank Coach (Aaron) Fox for helping put me in a position to realize my dream of playing football. He took a chance on me four years ago and I wouldn’t be here today without his guidance and support.”

http://www.goutsa.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13100&ATCLID=204971933