PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Sicko

NHwildEcat
July 10th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Below is an excerpt from an article on the Cowboys website breaking down the TE situation for this season...

The only rookie is Sicko, an undrafted free agent out of the University of New Hampshire. In order to make the roster, he will have to show he can contribute on special teams (he has been working on long snapping) and show versatility by blocking out of the backfield. It's not common to carry four tight ends, but the club may decide not to keep a traditional fullback if Sicko can produce at a high level.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/news.cfm?id=B96E258A-D8C4-BF33-2C47D1F2E5BD6672

NHwildEcat
July 27th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Scott Sicko's play package got bigger, as he worked today at F-back, flexing into the backfield to lead the ball carrier a few times. He played TE exclusively over the weekend.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/7/26/1589097/cowboys-camp-report-4-start-of-a?ref=yahoo

Looks like they're taking a look at Sicko in a few different spots...I haven't caugh word on his special teams performance yet.

R3TRO
August 8th, 2010, 10:05 PM
Sicko got a ton of reps and a few catches tonight in the Hall of Fame game. Hopefully he can make the 53-man roster.

NHwildEcat
August 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Sicko got a ton of reps and a few catches tonight in the Hall of Fame game. Hopefully he can make the 53-man roster.

He is very much on the outside looking in for the 53 man...however, there were a few injuries to the guys ahead of him on the depth chart so that could help his stock. I really hope he can make the squad...I would love to see him all season long. GO COWBOYS!!

NHwildEcat
August 8th, 2010, 10:25 PM
Sicko led the team in catches with 5 tonight, for a total of 44 yards...and he was involved in numerous key blocks. Definitely a great way to start his career with Dallas. They play again on Thursday night.

NHwildEcat
August 9th, 2010, 07:11 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Dallas-Cowboys-TE-tears-ACL-;_ylt=AgjpHyzHBOYuAw2ZmXXbRZg5nYcB?urn=nfl-261119

"As Yahoo! Sports' Doug Farrar says, "Phillips' departure left the door open for 2010 undrafted free agent Scott Sicko(notes) to lead the Cowboys in receptions with five for 44 yards."

John Phillips may have an ACL tear...thus Sicko would be the likely replacement. Huge opportunity for the former Wildcat!

gbhmt
August 9th, 2010, 03:54 PM
It's official, Phillips' ACL is torn. Fortunate for Sicko, because Phillips was playing very very well before he went down and had the third TE spot locked up. It's a real bummer to me as a Cowboys fan, but I'm confident that Sicko can play well in his absence.

NHwildEcat
August 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM
It's official, Phillips' ACL is torn. Fortunate for Sicko, because Phillips was playing very very well before he went down and had the third TE spot locked up. It's a real bummer to me as a Cowboys fan, but I'm confident that Sicko can play well in his absence.

Seems like the team will bring in another TE as well...hopefully just as a camp body. Phillips was challenging Bennett for the 2nd string position...so it is a huge blow to the team.

NHwildEcat
August 9th, 2010, 10:13 PM
http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs/josh_ellis.cfm?plckController=Blog&plckBlogPage=BlogViewPost&userid=8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090&plckPostId=Blog%3a8ad9a5ae-68fd-47d1-a7d7-e4c8fcb84090Post%3ab9821c71-3c2b-4066-a12b-c264cbc07091&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

A little blog hit from the Cowboys website today...

Also, Sicko has been diagnosed with a mild concussion and will miss Thursday night's game.

NHwildEcat
August 20th, 2010, 08:16 AM
It looks like Sicko will miss this upcoming Saturday night game. It will be his second straight missed game. Meanwhile, the Cowboys keep bringing in TE"s to fill in the vacant spots.

UNHFootballAlum
August 20th, 2010, 04:34 PM
It looks like Sicko will miss this upcoming Saturday night game. It will be his second straight missed game. Meanwhile, the Cowboys keep bringing in TE"s to fill in the vacant spots.

I am in Oxnard and no TE that they ahve brought in has been consistent. Sicko clock is definately ticking and he needs to get back on the field, but I think that he has a great shot to make the team

Old Cat Fan
August 29th, 2010, 09:42 PM
No playing time last night, It will be interesting to see what he does if assigned to the practice squad

NHwildEcat
August 30th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I am in Oxnard and no TE that they ahve brought in has been consistent. Sicko clock is definately ticking and he needs to get back on the field, but I think that he has a great shot to make the team

The problem might not be him being cut from the roster due to a TE, but rather a FB. There are talks the Cowboys may keep 2 FB's on the roster if they are unhappy with the blocking of the other guys currently fighting for a spot.

PhoenixSupreme
August 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Just read that both Sicko and Terrell Hudgins were released from the team

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5511912

PhoenixPhan06
August 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM

xsmhx xsmhx

smallcollegefbfan
August 30th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Just read that both Sicko and Terrell Hudgins were released from the team

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5511912

Not a huge surprise. When an undrafted player is injured for any part of the preseason they are usually cut. Hudgins getting cut is not a huge surprise to me but it was a surprise he went this early. I didn't think he would make a roster but did figure he would make it past this cut. I have no clue how he did in his games. Anyone know if this is a surprise or had he been struggling?

PhoenixPhan06
August 30th, 2010, 04:22 PM
Not a huge surprise. When an undrafted player is injured for any part of the preseason they are usually cut. Hudgins getting cut is not a huge surprise to me but it was a surprise he went this early. I didn't think he would make a roster but did figure he would make it past this cut. I have no clue how he did in his games. Anyone know if this is a surprise or had he been struggling?

He had 2 catches for 27 yds in game one, 1 long 40 yd catch in game two, then never really did much after that. Did not register any stats in games three and 4 which could have been writing on the wall. I think the big issue was the Cowboys having 9 WR's on the roster so it was a matter of time before he was cut or placed on the practice squad. Homer pick aside, I firmly believe he will get picked up by a team in need of WR depth in time for the season opener and show he belongs in the league. His biggest knock has always been his top end speed, but anyone who follows FCS football knows what his production was while at Elon. 395 rec for 5,250 yds speaks for itself. The Man Himself, Jerry Rice did not even accomplish what T-Mobile did in college. Sure Jerry may have had better speed but reliable hands are always a commodity in the NFL and that alone is why I see T-Mobile on a roster before the season opener.

smallcollegefbfan
August 30th, 2010, 04:38 PM
He had 2 catches for 27 yds in game one, 1 long 40 yd catch in game two, then never really did much after that. Did not register any stats in games three and 4 which could have been writing on the wall. I think the big issue was the Cowboys having 9 WR's on the roster so it was a matter of time before he was cut or placed on the practice squad. Homer pick aside, I firmly believe he will get picked up by a team in need of WR depth in time for the season opener and show he belongs in the league. His biggest knock has always been his top end speed, but anyone who follows FCS football knows what his production was while at Elon. 395 rec for 5,250 yds speaks for itself. The Man Himself, Jerry Rice did not even accomplish what T-Mobile did in college. Sure Jerry may have had better speed but reliable hands are always a commodity in the NFL and that alone is why I see T-Mobile on a roster before the season opener.

I remember hearing that a while back about the numbers and how it was unlikely he would make it in Dallas. Makes you wonder who his agent is that chose Dallas over teams where he would have had a better shot? He should have gone to Carolina, if he had an offer from them, because they are very thin there and not very good so any receiver that can play should be able to make the practice squad at the very least with the Panthers.

I firmly believe Hudgins might find himself on a practice squad but I really think you have to credit a lot of his production to the pass happy offense Elon runs and the fact his QB looked him at twice as much as any other player on the team. His numbers were great but getting cut this early is not a good sign for performance in camp. Teams usually keep players for the last cut that they want to see more of or for bodies and teams usually don't cut someone this early who eventually makes it. Most of these guys cut this week will end up in the UFL or CFL for a year or two and maybe bounce between practice squads for a while. I admit I did not expect him to make an active roster but I expected him to make this cut with it only being five players. Usually not a good sign but hopefully he is able to latch on somewhere else and get a spot on a practice squad to continue developing his technique.

Old Cat Fan
September 6th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Well Sicko quit again, turned down practice squad offers from Dallas, Buffalo and another team, oh well off to teaching.
http://blog.timesunion.com/mcguire/this-is-not-a-rerun-sicko-turns-down-nfl-again/8806/