PDA

View Full Version : Preseason All-Louisiana Football Team

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2010, 12:50 PM
Just one writer's opinion of an All-Louisiana preseason team. Most of the comments in response are asking why Southeastern's Tommy Connors was omitted from the list. He should not have been...no doubt!

Grambling star Christian Anthony shares the title of preseason co-Defensive Player of the Year in this one...still the Connors omission really lends no credibility to the writer...

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=419346&Itemid=578

GeauxLions94
June 22nd, 2010, 01:02 PM
Just one writer's opinion of an All-Louisiana preseason team. Most of the comments in response are asking why Southeastern's Tommy Connors was omitted from the list. He should not have been...no doubt!

Grambling star Christian Anthony shares the title of preseason co-Defensive Player of the Year in this one...still the Connors omission really lends no credibility to the writer...

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=419346&Itemid=578

A lot had to do with the fact that Connors missed nearly the entire 2009 season with an injury. If Connors stays healthy (and Nadeau has plenty of information on Tommy), look for him to be on the post-season team.

TexasTerror
June 22nd, 2010, 01:10 PM
A lot had to do with the fact that Connors missed nearly the entire 2009 season with an injury. If Connors stays healthy (and Nadeau has plenty of information on Tommy), look for him to be on the post-season team.

Injury or not - a player of his caliber, regardless of injury, should be held to the 2008 statistics, which should at least garner him a second team mention.

The complete absence of Connors does not speak too highly of the team.

mikebigg
June 22nd, 2010, 04:14 PM
Nice list... Good representation from the SWAC. Anthony is the best defensive player in the State and SU's House is a thief in the secondary who can lay down a good lick on the opposing offensive player.

McNeese75
June 22nd, 2010, 10:02 PM
Wayyyyyyyyyyyy to many ULL players on that list.

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 22nd, 2010, 10:18 PM

Typical xlolx

TexasTerror
June 23rd, 2010, 07:42 AM
Typical xlolx

If you had read this site in the past (and I do every day), most of their columnists have been somewhat ignorant in recognizing the SWAC and SLC in all sports. There's one that does a fairly decent job and it probably does not hurt that I am tugging his ear with SLC, SWAC info often...

For the most part, they re-post news releases sent in from the schools (not sure how much the SWAC sends in, mostly Nicholls, SLU and NWST from what I can tell), but when it comes to columns - the big nadda.

New Orleans is a very heavy SLC, SWAC market. Deserving of some coverage...

SUjagTILLiDIE
June 23rd, 2010, 04:34 PM
If you had read this site in the past (and I do every day), most of their columnists have been somewhat ignorant in recognizing the SWAC and SLC in all sports. There's one that does a fairly decent job and it probably does not hurt that I am tugging his ear with SLC, SWAC info often...

For the most part, they re-post news releases sent in from the schools (not sure how much the SWAC sends in, mostly Nicholls, SLU and NWST from what I can tell), but when it comes to columns - the big nadda.

New Orleans is a very heavy SLC, SWAC market. Deserving of some coverage...

xlolx