PDA

View Full Version : Towson AD Resigns

TexasTerror
June 18th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Not seeing anything on the Towson web site...but Towson's AD has stepped down...

After nearly four years as Towson University's athletic director, Mike Hermann resigned this week.

Hermann, whose resignation was made official Tuesday and was first reported in the Towerlight newspaper Thursday, said that although the resignation was not planned, "it was in the best interest of the program, given the overall situation at hand."

He said he is proud of the progress made in Towson athletics.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2010-06-17/sports/bs-sp-towson-hermann-0618-20100617_1_towson-athletics-women-s-lacrosse-ncaa-academic-progress-rate

superman7515
June 19th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Just curious, what is the "overall situation at hand"? Sounds from the article that they're happy with the athletics performance and there doesn't seem to be an academic issue. Am I misreading the tone of his comment or is there something that isn't being mentioned in the article?

Squealofthepig
June 20th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Broad strokes, college politics as normal. Comments on the Baltimore Sun show some animosity between the Prez and the AD, and while some of the discussion is a bit silly (e.g., delusions Towson could quickly become Delaware-like in attendance - you can't just suddenly have a long, long tradition like that), do agree that it looks like he was doing a pretty good job. Shame he had the balls/naivete to anger the president.

Baltimore Sun discussion:
http://talk.baltimoresun.com/showthread.php?p=6332546

andy7171
June 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
2009-2010 could be the lowest point in Towson's Athletic Department history. Thank God for WLAX and Gymnastics.

Re-signing Seaman was one last F U to Caret and the school. Good riddance!

Uncle Buck
June 21st, 2010, 03:41 PM
Wow, that is unreal. Why don't some of these president's just leave well enough alone and let the AD's do their jobs. I'm not looking to hijack this thing, but kudos to him for having the balls to probably stand up to the president. With the direction athletics seemed to be going, he was doing something right. Unlike the garbage lame duck AD at Hofstra who had his balls cut off by scumbag Rabinowitz when he cut football in the middle of the night.

Andy, i hope they bring in someone who is not a yes man and can keep the athletic program moving in a positive direction.

andy7171
June 21st, 2010, 10:05 PM
Wow, that is unreal. Why don't some of these president's just leave well enough alone and let the AD's do their jobs. I'm not looking to hijack this thing, but kudos to him for having the balls to probably stand up to the president. With the direction athletics seemed to be going, he was doing something right. Unlike the garbage lame duck AD at Hofstra who had his balls cut off by scumbag Rabinowitz when he cut football in the middle of the night.

Andy, i hope they bring in someone who is not a yes man and can keep the athletic program moving in a positive direction.

UB, this is a good thing. Ambrose(who you played against) will help pick a good AD. Hermann fired Gordy on the road recruiting, over the phone. Enough said.

You gotta come down to a game. Family friendly. F Stoneybrook! We ruined each others seasons! If that doesn't spell life long friends, I dont know what. :)

Uncle Buck
June 22nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
UB, this is a good thing. Ambrose(who you played against) will help pick a good AD. Hermann fired Gordy on the road recruiting, over the phone. Enough said.

You gotta come down to a game. Family friendly. F Stoneybrook! We ruined each others seasons! If that doesn't spell life long friends, I dont know what. :)

I'll take a look at the schedule and plan something for the fall. The season tix for SBU alleviate the football fix, but the passion won't be the same. I'm looking into the UMass game down there.