PDA

View Full Version : Southland TV Network Announces 2010 Football Schedule

CSN Log
June 16th, 2010, 06:00 PM
06-16-2010 06:53 PM

FRISCO, Texas - The award-winning Southland Conference Television Network will televise 10 football games in 2010, league commissioner Tom Burnett announced Wednesday.

Entering its third year of programming, the network has affiliate commitments from 14 stations in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, which improves the market reach over the previous two years.

Read more » (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/06/16/southland-tv-network-announces-2010-foot?blog=2#more6600)

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/06/16/southland-tv-network-announces-2010-foot?blog=2)

TexasTerror
June 16th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Not bad at all...

The schedule has the most important games on the schedule...

Battle of the Piney Woods - SHSU v SFA
Potential SLC title battles - UCA @ SFA, SLU @ UCA

Missing is SLU @ SFA. Was it really important to do Nicholls @ NWST? Both those schools already have appearances at the SLC TV Network...or does SFA have Homecoming that weekend (would think it would be during the UCA game)?

Also - where is Lamar? Figured Lamar v SLC games would be on there...

3rd Coast Tiger
June 16th, 2010, 10:49 PM
What's the financial distribution payout per team?

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2010, 07:02 AM

I do not believe there is a financial pay out per team.

The league fronts the cost on production and uses the network to televise our games, which were squeezed out of Fox Sports Net a few years back when they inked with the Big 12 and Pac-10, limiting our broadcast windows in the region.

The good thing is that our games are typically easy to find in the major markets that make up our network, with fans not required to get a premiere or sports tier of their cable/satellite package.

We also put SLC favoring broadcasters in place, which means our broadcasts are not hampered by public shots at our league...

McNeese75
June 17th, 2010, 09:39 AM

xrolleyesx

http://fineartamerica.com/images-medium/flame-bait-david-april.jpg

GeauxLions94
June 17th, 2010, 09:49 AM
Yikes ... had to delete that picture.

DG Cowboy
June 17th, 2010, 10:20 AM
Let's see, Sam, NW, Tx St, Nich and SFA get 2. SLU, UCA get 3. Wonder who gets only 1 appearance?

3rd Coast Tiger
June 17th, 2010, 10:30 AM
We also put SLC favoring broadcasters in place, which means our broadcasts are not hampered by public shots at our league...

Sounds like one of your patented jabs. Which league are you talking about? xconfusedx

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Let's see, Sam, NW, Tx St, Nich and SFA get 2. SLU, UCA get 3. Wonder who gets only 1 appearance?

DG Cowboy, did it have something to do with the fact that the McNeese athletic department was not willing to move their home games to an afternoon start time? I am sure you (and the rest of the Poke fans) would be an uproar if that were the case...

Also, does McNeese still have that local television agreement? Or not?

DG Cowboy
June 17th, 2010, 02:28 PM
DG Cowboy, did it have something to do with the fact that the McNeese athletic department was not willing to move their home games to an afternoon start time? I am sure you (and the rest of the Poke fans) would be an uproar if that were the case...

Also, does McNeese still have that local television agreement? Or not?

Good questions. I just know that MSU has been on more than once most, if not all, of the years. The afternoon consideration is probably more true than any local TV contract.

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Good questions. I just know that MSU has been on more than once most, if not all, of the years. The afternoon consideration is probably more true than any local TV contract.

I seem to recall the SLC TV Network moving a game in the past, much to the chagrin of the Cowboy Nation. The league seems pretty set on 2 p.m. times with the lone exception of that 6 p.m. game earlier in the year...

DG Cowboy
June 17th, 2010, 03:21 PM
I seem to recall the SLC TV Network moving a game in the past, much to the chagrin of the Cowboy Nation. The league seems pretty set on 2 p.m. times with the lone exception of that 6 p.m. game earlier in the year...

But is it not feasible for McNeese to be on two televised away games?

McNeese75
June 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
We will keep our 7:00 PM time for home games. You can have the TV coverage.

TexasTerror
June 17th, 2010, 05:29 PM
But is it not feasible for McNeese to be on two televised away games?

Remember, the SLC does not control the rights to your non-conference road games...

Your SLC road games...

at NWST - 10-2 - already televised
at SLU - 10-23 - SLC had to go with the SHSU-SFA
at SHSU - 11-6 - not attractive game and SHSU already has two dates
at UCA - 11-20 - Potential for Wild Card

By limiting your availability due to your home rules of a 7 p.m. start, that falls on you guys for having a lack of games on the SLC Network.

DG Cowboy
June 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Makes sense. I'm with McNeese 75 on keeping the 7 PM time, so whatever it is , it is.

TexasTerror
July 2nd, 2010, 11:52 AM
Do any of the Louisiana-based fans know if Cox Sports Television will be airing any Southland games? Or if WHNO-20 in New Orleans is going to continue to have involvement with the Nicholls State football slate?

GeauxLions94
July 3rd, 2010, 11:59 PM
Don't know if WHNO is still doing the Nicholls home games, but word on the street has them looking at the SLU-McNeese State game on Oct. 23.

TexasTerror
July 4th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Don't know if WHNO is still doing the Nicholls home games, but word on the street has them looking at the SLU-McNeese State game on Oct. 23.

Heard earlier this week that WHNO was trying to put their hands into doing more high school and college sporting events. Probably bolds well for some of the local schools. They were trying to do a Nicholls baseball game on the road at the end of last season, but it just did not work out due to the last minute nature of the decision. Hopefully if they are going to dive right in, they do it the right way. I do not get it on DirecTV, so not sure what kind of quality the broadcast(s) are.

lionsrking2
July 4th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Heard earlier this week that WHNO was trying to put their hands into doing more high school and college sporting events. Probably bolds well for some of the local schools. They were trying to do a Nicholls baseball game on the road at the end of last season, but it just did not work out due to the last minute nature of the decision. Hopefully if they are going to dive right in, they do it the right way. I do not get it on DirecTV, so not sure what kind of quality the broadcast(s) are.

I've seen a couple and they're pretty good quality as local productions go...not ESPN HD by any stretch but pretty well done, nonetheless.

TexasTerror
August 5th, 2010, 06:36 PM
On a somewhat related note, the LSC is talking (http://www.d2messageboard.com/showthread.php?t=33397) of forming their own network.

Presumably, somewhat similar to that of the SLC Network...

TexasTerror
November 13th, 2010, 06:19 PM
FYI - the Wildcard Game is SFA v NWST... plenty on the line in that one!