PDA

View Full Version : AGS Fantasy Draft

smallcollegefbfan
June 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Guys,

I was thinking and thought it would be fun to draft a team and see how those players do for the year. I know with normal fantasy teams you would only do certain positions but I'm talking about an entire 27 man team and you would get points for so many stats, awards won, etc. It would be interesting to see if the players we select turn out to do well such as getting points for a QB passing for over 2,000 then more when they pass 2,500 or an OT who gets 1st team All-League and 1st team All-America or a kicker who hits over 80 percent of his field goals and is named All-America, etc.

The draft would be 27 rounds and you couldn't stockpile players trying to keep others from filling in because you would have to get a certain amount of players such as this:

QB- 1
RB- 2
FB- 1
WR- 2
TE- 1
OT- 2
OG- 2
C- 1
DE- 2
DT- 2
LB- 4
CB- 2
S- 2
K- 1
P- 1
RS- 1

Anyone interested?

phoenixphanatic21
June 15th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Possibly. I like the idea. Keep me updated on this please.

asknoquarter21
June 15th, 2010, 12:00 PM
seems like a lot of work

looks fun though

smallcollegefbfan
June 15th, 2010, 12:21 PM
seems like a lot of work

looks fun though

It won't be a lot of work. Just have to come up with a point system for earning All-America, All-Conference, National Awards, Conference Awards, stats, etc.

jstclmet
June 15th, 2010, 03:03 PM
As a Phillie fan, I try to draft Phillies whenever possible in fantasy baseball. At the beginning of the season I trade Cano (NYY) for Utley. My team is currently spiraling down the standings in freefall. To make matters worse, I have a Met (Takahasi, RHP) on my team. That shows you how hard up I am for pitching.

The same with the Eagles. I quit Fantasy basketball after 1 season.

I'm not very familiar with teams outside the CAA. I'd probably pick on ly Nova players. But, I'd give it a shot.

jstclmet
June 15th, 2010, 03:12 PM
It won't be a lot of work. Just have to come up with a point system for earning All-America, All-Conference, National Awards, Conference Awards, stats, etc.

In my fantasy football league on defense, we award 3 pts for tackles, and 1.5 pts for half tackles. 5 pts for sacks, 3 for INT's, 3 pts for FR's, 3 pts for FF's.

On offense, 1 pt for completions, 1 pt for every 50 yds passing, -3 for throwing INT's, -2 for getting sacked, 6 for passing/rushing TD's, 2 pts for receptions, 1 pt for every 10 yds rushing, - 3 for fumbles.

Not sure how you would reward OL unless you took them as a team, and built a formula to award pts for x yards gained passing/rushing, and took away pts for holding, false starts, etc.

Good luck

Redwyn
June 15th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I might be in, depends who else you bring in and the draft timetable. 27 rounds is pretty hard to coordinate by hand.

tribefan40
June 15th, 2010, 09:52 PM
do it.

WrenFGun
June 16th, 2010, 12:25 AM
I would absolutely do this, if it's started. We did this on the America East Board with only America East players and I always enjoyed it.

caribbeanhen
June 16th, 2010, 07:48 AM
As a Phillie fan, I try to draft Phillies whenever possible in fantasy baseball. At the beginning of the season I trade Cano (NYY) for Utley. My team is currently spiraling down the standings in freefall. To make matters worse, I have a Met (Takahasi, RHP) on my team. That shows you how hard up I am for pitching.

The same with the Eagles. I quit Fantasy basketball after 1 season.

I'm not very familiar with teams outside the CAA. I'd probably pick on ly Nova players. But, I'd give it a shot.

whats wrong with Utley anyway? this is more than a slump, he's just not right

Anovafan
June 16th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Rather than a draft, it would probably be easier to let everyone just pick their own 27 players and post their "dream team" on here. Then you can total the stats at mid-season and end of the year, maybe have two winners. Just a thought.

smallcollegefbfan
July 10th, 2010, 07:35 AM
Rather than a draft, it would probably be easier to let everyone just pick their own 27 players and post their "dream team" on here. Then you can total the stats at mid-season and end of the year, maybe have two winners. Just a thought.

Good idea. If everyone else is up for it we can do that.