PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville State ready to cash in with Michigan State

CSN Log
June 2nd, 2010, 07:30 AM
06-02-2010 08:25 AM

JACKSONVILLE — The Jacksonville State football program locked down the biggest one-game payday in school history when it completed a signed contract to play Michigan State in 2014.

The Gamecocks will make $600,000 for the early season game. The contract was signed last week.

Read more » (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/06/02/jacksonville-state-ready-to-cash-in-with?blog=2#more6565)

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/06/02/jacksonville-state-ready-to-cash-in-with?blog=2)

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2010, 02:50 PM
So what is the deal with Jax State?

Are they going to begin scheduling like an FBS? Seem to recall a Jax State fan talking about a home-and-home with Troy in the next few years...

JSU02
June 2nd, 2010, 03:02 PM
We are wanting to more to FBS and have a new stadium to pay for so we are gonna be scheduling as many games like this as possible. We would like to get a home and home with troy, but the Sunbelt doesn't allow its teams to play at FCS schools. I believe the troy game is in 2014, so I'm guessing our plan is to be FBS sometime around in there.

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2010, 03:13 PM
We are wanting to more to FBS and have a new stadium to pay for so we are gonna be scheduling as many games like this as possible. We would like to get a home and home with troy, but the Sunbelt doesn't allow its teams to play at FCS schools. I believe the troy game is in 2014, so I'm guessing our plan is to be FBS sometime around in there.

It would be in line with the time frame should the moratorium be lifted and JSU can find a home at the FBS level.

What conference do those in JSU think they can attach to? Is the Sun Belt their best option? Seems that way. Would probably need a school (or few) to leave the league, but you guys have a great locale for joining the league.

JSU02
June 2nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
The trustees have mentioned the Sunbelt by name in the media. I have been told that once we get our facilities up to par (basketball, softball, baseball) all we have to do is send in the application with fees and we are in. We have let the state know we are planning to spend $40,000,000 on a renovation of our coliseum in the 2012-2014 time frame. Denver and UALR are looking around for new conferences and I suspect that one or more of FAU, FIU, UNT, MTSU will move to the CUSA so there should be room for us.