PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Announces Six-Game Home Football Schedule With Addition of Morgan State

CSN Log
May 28th, 2010, 01:20 PM
05-28-2010 01:00 PM

FARGO, N.D.–North Dakota State University finalized its 2010 football schedule with a 6 p.m. home game against Morgan State University on Saturday, Sept. 18 in the Fargodome. NDSU director of athletics Gene Taylor made the announcement today. The Bison have six home games on the 2010 schedule.

Read more » (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/05/28/ndsu-announces-six-game-home-football-sc?blog=2#more6559)

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/05/28/ndsu-announces-six-game-home-football-sc?blog=2)

TexasTerror
May 28th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Any report yet on how much NDSU is paying out to Morgan State for the game on Sept. 18? I know athletic director Gene Taylor has been more than giving late in the game when it comes to filling the schedule.

A huge get for NDSU to land Morgan State at this point in the game...

FargoBison
May 31st, 2010, 03:27 PM
NDSU is paying Morgan State $150k for the game.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2010, 04:09 PM
NDSU is paying Morgan State $150k for the game.

That is a VERY significant amount of change!

Are there any other FCS schools that pay out a guarantee of over $125k to another FCS program? There are some FBS schools that would not pay out that much to FCS schools!

Thundar
May 31st, 2010, 06:35 PM
That is a VERY significant amount of change!

Are there any other FCS schools that pay out a guarantee of over $125k to another FCS program? There are some FBS schools that would not pay out that much to FCS schools!

I may be wrong but I would assume the travel costs are covered to, unless thats figured into the 150K

also paying the 150k it seems odd we cant get the schedule filled easier, but also all the other teams want home games too.

TexasTerror
May 31st, 2010, 07:32 PM
also paying the 150k it seems odd we cant get the schedule filled easier, but also all the other teams want home games too.

The increased price tag may have been a necessity in order to get a home game, let alone a game - this late in the 'scheduling game'.

I remember when SHSU and NDSU put together a deal a few years ago, NDSU needed the home game to be first. The Bison not only did a home-and-home deal, but paid SHSU a certain amount of money (believe it covered our travel up there).

Got to do what, you got to do, especially if you budget for XXX amount of home games as some of the better revenue producing teams do.

Thundar
May 31st, 2010, 07:43 PM
The increased price tag may have been a necessity in order to get a home game, let alone a game - this late in the 'scheduling game'.

I remember when SHSU and NDSU put together a deal a few years ago, NDSU needed the home game to be first. The Bison not only did a home-and-home deal, but paid SHSU a certain amount of money (believe it covered our travel up there).

Got to do what, you got to do, especially if you budget for XXX amount of home games as some of the better revenue producing teams do.

I believe we paid Wagner (NEC) and CCSU (NEC) nearly the same amounts, but I could be wrong.
Also NDSU had a History of not being afraid to spend money on home games in DII also. The cash is there and this game will be a positive in the money side

darell1976
June 1st, 2010, 08:43 AM
Should be a good game. I am sure fans will appreciate new opponents to the dome. Good pickup NDSU.

NDB
June 2nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
Wow an 8 game schedule yep fans would appreciate that.xsmiley_wix

only if we play 2 NAIA teams!!!

LakesBison
June 2nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
my god you are stupid.

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
its a horrible pickup, because no one will come to the fargodome and play, so we will take them and beat them and tailgate.

The good thing is that you are able to 'buy' home games against other FCS competition. Not many schools have been able to make that happen and it puts your institution in a strong position for having six home games each year, which I know makes MplsBison a happy camper!