PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Naval Academy Player Turns to Texas State

CSN Log
May 21st, 2010, 05:30 PM
05-21-2010 05:29 PM

More... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2010/05/21/controversial-naval-academy-player-turns?blog=2)

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2010, 05:32 PM
What is the story on him? Why are they calling him controversial in the story, if he is only positive testing of marijuana? Is there more to him?

I'm sure TXST did all their background checks on this situation before getting involved...

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2010, 09:24 AM
FYI, here were his stats a season ago...not bad at all! Can you imagine pairing this guy with a healthy Karrington Bush?

Rushing: 80 Carries, 585 Yards, 5 TDs
Recieving: 10 Catches, 287 Yards, 3 TDs

slycat
May 22nd, 2010, 11:51 AM
BIG pickup. With the QB situation at Texas St a big question mark next year we will rely on running. Bush may not be 100% after surgery and Reddic still has a lot to prove.

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
BIG pickup. With the QB situation at Texas St a big question mark next year we will rely on running. Bush may not be 100% after surgery and Reddic still has a lot to prove.

Where are we with Bush? I've heard several different things (or read, I should say) from posters. What's the latest? Has Cat's Cradle said anything recently?

slycat
May 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM
Where are we with Bush? I've heard several different things (or read, I should say) from posters. What's the latest? Has Cat's Cradle said anything recently?

Haven't heard much of anything. I've never really seen anyone come back from a totally blown knee 100%. Although when he came back from the first injury last year he looked really good so he seems like a fighter.

I think the Bobcats ability to give to ball the multiple backs will really help him so he won't have to carry the load.

bison137
May 22nd, 2010, 10:08 PM
What is the story on him? Why are they calling him controversial in the story, if he is only positive testing of marijuana? Is there more to him?

1. When someone at the Naval Academy tests postive for drugs, that is extremely controversial to say the least.

2. The fact that he wasn't immediately booted from the Academy bothered a lot of Naval Academy grads. The fact that he was allowed to resign instead of being thrown out also bothered many of them.

3. According to several sources, he had more disciplinary issue than just the marijuana bust.

Gringer1
May 22nd, 2010, 10:58 PM

I'm sure TXST did all their background checks on this situation before getting involved...

He was kicked off the Navy team for a rule violation. In 3 semesters, he accumulated 355 demerits and 1 honor offense. That's enough to make him look a little shady, but not necessarily a bad egg.

TexasTerror
August 8th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Well - is this Navy guy the real deal?

TXST folks are 'beating around the bush' as it relates to Karrington Bush. No mention of him at the team's media day and he's been seemingly excluded from different things thus far...

McNeese75
August 8th, 2010, 12:21 PM
I'm pretty sure he is in the TX State Media day video (found on Bobcatfans.com so he is real and he is there.

Sorry, I am wrong. The RB I saw on the video was Reddic

Carry on.