PDA

View Full Version : Top 2011 NFL Draft Prospects

smallcollegefbfan
May 21st, 2010, 08:36 AM
Who on your team is getting LEGIT looks by the NFL or you know ran well for scouts at their junior pro day? Here is a list of a just a few players getting strong looks either as a draft pick or free agent at this point.

Pos First Name Last Name School
FS Mark LeGree Appalachian State
OLB D.J. Smith Appalachian State
WR Dominique Johnson Cal Poly
DE Markell Carter Central Arkansas
QB Pat Devlin Delaware
FS Anthony Walters Delaware
SS Anthony Bratton Delaware
RB Mon Williams Eastern Illinois
OT Corey O'Daniel Gardner-Webb
DE Christian Anthony Grambling State
DT Kenrick Ellis Hampton
ILB Mark Masterson Maine
OG David Arkin Missouri State
TE Schuylar Oordt Northern Iowa
DT Martin Parker Richmond
ILB Marshall McFadden South Carolina State
TE Colin Cochart South Dakota State
CB Korey Lindsey-Woods Southern Illinois
WR Tysson Poots Southern Utah
ILB Jabara Williams Stephen F. Austin
CB Cortez Allen The Citadel
OT Benjamin Ijalana Villanova
WR Matt Szczur Villanova
DT Mike Stover William & Mary

Fordham83
May 21st, 2010, 09:33 AM
Steve Skelton TE Fordham 6'5 244 likely mid-late round 2011 draft pick - 1st team PL last yr-all american candidate this yr

Jason Caldwell WR Fordham 5'11 180 all american last yr ..

Nick Magiera LB Fordham 6'1 225 2nd team all PL .. tough and runs well for LB.. 4.6 40yd dash

smallcollegefbfan
May 21st, 2010, 04:00 PM
Steve Skelton TE Fordham 6'5 244 likely mid-late round 2011 draft pick - 1st team PL last yr-all american candidate this yr

Jason Caldwell WR Fordham 5'11 180 all american last yr ..

Nick Magiera LB Fordham 6'1 225 2nd team all PL .. tough and runs well for LB.. 4.6 40yd dash

From what I saw of Skelton I figured PFA. What makes you think he would go mid rounds?

Caldwell is good but not very big. I think he would be a solid one too.

I am watching more Fordham tape tonight so I will peak at Magiera.

smallcollegefbfan
May 22nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
I watched some more Fordham last night and I noticed the LB can run but gets lost in traffic too much. The CB has the size and all but lacks the skills at this point. He should get looks though.

AppAlum2003
May 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
IMHO, Steve Valentino should be the number 1 overall pick of the 2011 draft. I heard Mel Kiper was going to get an apartment off campus at Dayton in order to follow his senior season.

smallcollegefbfan
May 22nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
IMHO, Steve Valentino should be the number 1 overall pick of the 2011 draft. I heard Mel Kiper was going to get an apartment off campus at Dayton in order to follow his senior season.

xlolx

udchuck
May 23rd, 2010, 12:15 PM

You are a cruel person,I really feel sorry for you, Up until a few days ago I had a lot of respect for APP ST. But Wow, you two sure proved me wrong. I guess what they say about Mountain Men are true after all.

SideLine Shooter
May 23rd, 2010, 12:32 PM

He needs one in Burlington too. Riddle will probably be drafted before the draft.xnodx

AppAlum2003
May 23rd, 2010, 01:55 PM
You are a cruel person,I really feel sorry for you, Up until a few days ago I had a lot of respect for APP ST. But Wow, you two sure proved me wrong. I guess what they say about Mountain Men are true after all.

Pretty sure I was just lectured the other day for disliking Dayton because of my distaste for the "bias" comments by a certain poster. I, apparently, am a horrible person because of this.

smallcollegefbfan
May 23rd, 2010, 06:26 PM
He needs one in Burlington too. Riddle will probably be drafted before the draft.xnodx

In all honesty from what I have seen of Riddle and Tino so far they won't be drafted at all. They are tryout or free agent type prospects, at best.

Fordham83
May 24th, 2010, 07:55 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_TE

someone above asked why think steve get drafted..

Steve Skelton Fordham TE 6'5 244 ..
on many 2011 NFL Draft projections.. he is ranked btwn 7-12th top TE prospect in nation. altho. skill level and picking him should be independent from his QB Brother John Skelton (AZ Cardinals 5th round 2010 draft).. i imagine some comfort level by teams picking him as his brother is of NFL pedigree as well.

Appguy
May 31st, 2010, 07:35 AM
IMO DJ Smith wont make it in the NFL at least at LB, at 6-1 235 smaller than some safetys.
Wish him the best though, we'll see

smallcollegefbfan
May 31st, 2010, 07:52 AM
IMO DJ Smith wont make it in the NFL at least at LB, at 6-1 235 smaller than some safetys.
Wish him the best though, we'll see

If he was a legit 6'1 that is not too small for LB. Most NFL LBs are 6'1-6'4 so he just falls into the low end of it. The problem here is that DJ Smith is closer to 5'11 than 6'1. I noticed ASU bumped him up an inch but he is really about 5'11 so in this case his size hurts. Now before anyone says a 5'11 LB can't get drafted I will point to Joe Mays of NDSU and Dexter Coakley of ASU but those two had something special about them that if they were just 6'1 Coakley would have gone first round and Mays would have gone in the 4th round. Smith is athletic and can run but is playing mostly off athletic ability and really needs a lot of coaching. He over pursues, takes bad angles, misses tackles, etc. but if he can improve in all of that he has the speed to run sideline to sideline and he is a violent enough hitter that he would really attract the attention of NFL scouts this year.

SCSUDog4Life
June 15th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Marshall McFadden from SCSU definitely has a shot at the pros but he's gotta have a stellar senior season. He's been injured 2 years in his career so the scouts may not look favorably on that, but if he can stay on the field this year, he's a lock for the middle to late rounds.

Grambling's DE Christian Anthony WILL be drafted in either the first or second round...mark my words on that one! He's easily the best DE in the country this season.

smallcollegefbfan
June 15th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Marshall McFadden from SCSU definitely has a shot at the pros but he's gotta have a stellar senior season. He's been injured 2 years in his career so the scouts may not look favorably on that, but if he can stay on the field this year, he's a lock for the middle to late rounds.

Grambling's DE Christian Anthony WILL be drafted in either the first or second round...mark my words on that one! He's easily the best DE in the country this season.

McFadden is probably the 2nd best LB prospect on that team. Wilkerson is the guy all the scouts have been buzzing about.

Anthony is rated in the 5th-6th round by the NFL Scouting Services right now. He could end up a top 50 pick but has a ways to go in the eyes of the NFL. I think they will need to see a dominant season in which he shows he has gotten quicker, faster, and stronger and worked hard in the off-season after a lot of hype he has received. Many players get major preseason hype and fall so it will be interesting to see if he falls or rises.