PDA

View Full Version : Going to any road games?

JALMOND
May 2nd, 2010, 12:29 PM
I was wondering who all was planning on attending any road games this year. Its one thing to attend the games at home, but another to "invade" another teams territory. I had many opportunities last year, but the only Portland State road game I made it to was Oregon State (it was a fun time, though). This year, the only one I might make it to is probably Oregon (ticket included in PSU's season ticket package), although I am intrigued by the possibility of going to the Davis game the week before, especially if they keep the kickoff time in the evening.

I know it is early, but any road games you are planning on or thinking of attending this year?

PantherRob82
May 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'll go to at least Western Illinois and Iowa State .

Eaglesrus
May 2nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Navy, Coastal Carolina, Chattanooga, Western Carolina and Furman. If it weren't for my son's lifelong best friend's wedding I'd be going to The Citadel, too, but I'll be going to DC instead. Just my luck that they decided to get married on the weekend of our closest away game.

UNIFanSince1983
May 2nd, 2010, 04:01 PM
I am thinking Western Illinois and Iowa State for sure. I've never been to Carbondale so I may see if I can work that trip in.

BarefootApp
May 2nd, 2010, 04:13 PM
I live in SW Florida. Plan on getting to the Swamp 11/20.

buckp
May 2nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
LSU....LSU....LSU....xnodx

Gringer1
May 2nd, 2010, 05:07 PM
I live in SW Florida. Plan on getting to the Swamp 11/20.

I didn't even know that y'all were playing Florida, but it sounds like a really interesting match up. It would be a true classic if Tebow and Edwards were still around, but it should still be good. Just don't expect an upset this time around.

Redbird Ray
May 2nd, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'll probably only be able to make one road game this year. And being that it's about a 30 min EL ride from my place, it's not much of an endeavor for me.

09/11 @ Northwestern

The sad thing about Northwestern is that about a quarter of the crowd will be ISU fans. Only the diehard Northwestern fans attend the non-Big Ten games. And there are only about 12,000 diehard Northwestern fans in all of Chicago.

DJOM
May 2nd, 2010, 06:09 PM
Every game will be a road trip this year. I'm in Chicago. According to the Chinese this is the year of the Tiger. As an aside, Redbird, you are correct---I don't understand the lack of crowds up in Evanston. Heck of a coach and program.

SideLine Shooter
May 2nd, 2010, 06:35 PM
Haven't missed a game since 2005 season opener at EKU. Don't plan on missing anymore.

BigHouseClosedEnd
May 2nd, 2010, 07:13 PM
I will travel to see the Spiders play at UVA, Villanova and William and Mary.

AppStateold299
May 2nd, 2010, 07:49 PM
I am lucky enough to get some Florida tickets at the swamp. I can't wait to go to the game there. Hopefully our new quarterback will have his feet under him by then.

BarefootApp
May 2nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
I need a ticket to the UF/ASU game. Any offers, let me know and how much. Thanks.

ItsyBitsySpider
May 2nd, 2010, 08:20 PM
John Brantley is the real deal. This may sound like hearsay, but Florida will be better offensively than they have been the last two years.

McNeese75
May 2nd, 2010, 08:25 PM
Missouri
Northwestern State
LSU
Southeastern LA
Sam Houston State
Central Arkansas

(all of em :D)

PhoenixMan
May 2nd, 2010, 08:40 PM
Duke, Richmond, and App St. More if I can work it out.

JMUNJ08
May 2nd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Maybe VT and Nova. All games are road games for me too....

JSU02
May 2nd, 2010, 09:44 PM
Def: Ole Miss, Georgia State

Poss: UT-Martin, Tenn Tech

PhoenixSupreme
May 2nd, 2010, 10:41 PM
Does it count as a road game if I am going to the Elon-Richmond game despite living in Richmond?

ngineer
May 2nd, 2010, 11:11 PM
Still toying with the idea of going to Drake ;) Word is that there may be some seats on the team plane so who knows.

Otherwise, I plan to go to Holy Cross, not sure about Georgetown, and definitely will be at the 146 Meeting at Lafayette for my Fortieth (40th) game in attendance at College Football's Most Played Rivalry.xnodx

poly51
May 3rd, 2010, 01:45 AM
I am going to Cal Poly at Fresno State and Cal Poly at UC Davis.

elon77
May 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM
Duke and Richmond if I can fetch a ticket for the Richmond game. Duke should be no problem, plenty of seats at their place.

asu3peat
May 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Traveling to U-TC for the opener, heading to Western for the first time to see "the battle for the Old Mountain jug" and will make it down to the "Swamp" in November. I'd like to make it to Statesboro, since I've never been, to watch App play the new/old Eagles. This is by far my favorite game on the schedule year in and year out. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can make this one.

Probably won't make it down to Birmingham to see the Samford game.

ElonAlum
May 3rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Im def taking my girlfriend and Dad to the Richmond game. Dad went to Richmond and is pretty excited about the new stadium. My girl friend is going to be blown away with how small it is......she went to UGA and is used to 90,000+ for football games! I just hope we can get tickets since that new stadium is more like a high schools stadium! :D

ncbears
May 3rd, 2010, 10:36 AM
I would love to go to the UNC/PSU game if the funds are there. Portland is my 2nd favorite city!

UCABEARS75
May 3rd, 2010, 11:55 AM
All of them.

PhoenixPhan06
May 3rd, 2010, 12:55 PM
Duke on 9/4 and possibly ASU on 10/9

ur2k
May 3rd, 2010, 03:06 PM
Im def taking my girlfriend and Dad to the Richmond game. Dad went to Richmond and is pretty excited about the new stadium. My girl friend is going to be blown away with how small it is......she went to UGA and is used to 90,000+ for football games! I just hope we can get tickets since that new stadium is more like a high schools stadium! :D

That's funny, since it will have about the same amount of seats as your stadium xrotatehx

http://www.elonphoenix.com/e-web/athletics/facilities/rhodesstadium/facts.xhtml

# Seats on home side: 6,401
# Seats on visitors' side: 1,619

For a whopping total of 8,020. xhurrayx

Ivytalk
May 3rd, 2010, 03:41 PM
Penn and/or Princeton for sure. If my September trial settles, maybe Lafayette.

techstate
May 3rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
I am going to Cal Poly at Fresno State and Cal Poly at UC Davis.

Isn't the Davis game at home this year? I went last year good time except for the outcome.

I'm going to the Fresno State game this year too.

RabidRabbit
May 3rd, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'm planning on making it up to the UD/SDSU game. Need to see family in the DC/York PA area.

ngineer
May 3rd, 2010, 10:30 PM
Penn and/or Princeton for sure. If my September trial settles, maybe Lafayette.

You not coming up to Goodman on 10/16??xconfusedx

ElonAlum
May 3rd, 2010, 11:08 PM
ur2k....

Well number of seats I would say yes we are about the same size. But I doubt they have as much room as we do on the grass. Our capacity is 11,250 but I think we had 14,000+ last year against App St. So id say that is a fair bit bigger than 8,700.

And Im sure she would be amazed with how small our games are too xlolx

GoAgs72
May 3rd, 2010, 11:43 PM
UC Davis @ Cal
UC Davis @ San Jose State
UC Davis @ Cal Poly and yes, it is at Cal Poly.

UNHFan
May 4th, 2010, 07:49 AM
UNH PITT In the word of the Jackson's.. Ill Be There!

GOKATS
May 4th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Washington St. & Idaho St., maybe Sac. St. I've been to NAU/Flagstaff & enjoyed it, but it's just too **** out of the way. I hate Fizzoula with a passion so will watch Cat/griz on the tube this year.

biggie
May 4th, 2010, 08:29 AM
Too broke to make any away games this year. Only missed 2 games last year (@ElCit/@Woff), so this will hurt only making 6 reg season home games this year,

SUjagTILLiDIE
May 4th, 2010, 08:35 AM
If everything goes as planned I will make all of Southern University's road games starting with the SWAC/Meac game in Orlando. xnodx

SpeedkingATL
May 4th, 2010, 09:45 AM
I will make it to every away game this year but will likely only make it to the Rock for one or two games max.:)

bjtheflamesfan
May 4th, 2010, 10:20 AM
I'll be going to at least one road game for the Flames (maybe two). The Ball State game looks interesting but that will depend on my broadcast schedule here in VA (I broadcast high school football)

ur2k
May 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM
ur2k....

Well number of seats I would say yes we are about the same size. But I doubt they have as much room as we do on the grass. Our capacity is 11,250 but I think we had 14,000+ last year against App St. So id say that is a fair bit bigger than 8,700.

And Im sure she would be amazed with how small our games are too xlolx

Ok then, we have the same size stadiums, you guys just have a bigger hill. xlolx

bostonspider
May 4th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Looking to go to both the 10/09 UNH game and the 10/16 UMass game...

whoanellie
May 4th, 2010, 05:06 PM
@ Duke
@ Richmond
@ Citadel
oh and 10/9 facing the Boone-goons

SideLine Shooter
May 4th, 2010, 05:11 PM
@ Duke
@ Richmond
@ Citadel
oh and 10/9 facing the Boone-goons

all that road time for 4 losses.xlolxxlolxxhurrayxxnodx

appsfan
May 4th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I'll be in Gainesville to watch ASU take the Gators on November 20th....

LUFAN1
May 4th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I will be at Lamar's 1st away game against McNeese and also against SFA.

DJOM
May 5th, 2010, 01:42 AM
Gotta be at the Lafayette/Princeton game. Can't miss the world renowned Princeton scat band playing the French National Anthem to welcome Lafayette to our stadium.:D

DFW HOYA
May 5th, 2010, 10:21 AM
The only "world renowned" band in the Ivy is the Cornell Marching Band.

Bogus Megapardus
May 5th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Gotta be at the Lafayette/Princeton game. Can't miss the world renowned Princeton scat band playing the French National Anthem to welcome Lafayette to our stadium.:D

Since I can walk to this one, I figure I might show up, too. Qu'un sang impur abreuve nos sillons.

BTW - the scat band? Nice hats.

Franks Tanks
May 5th, 2010, 10:45 AM

The good ole Princeton Band. I am deciding between the Princeton or Penn game. Both are very close, but the wife will most likley only let me pick one.

Bogus Megapardus
May 5th, 2010, 11:04 AM
The good ole Princeton Band. I am deciding between the Princeton or Penn game. Both are very close, but the wife will most likley only let me pick one.

Tanks - Don't you remember when the Penn band came to Fisher and graced our home crowd with little number called, "safety school?" It annoys me to this day (especially since Penn offered me good money to go there but I wisely made Lafayette my first choice). Go to the Princeton game instead.

UNH72Plus
May 5th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Had hoped to make it to the Pittsburgh game, but "She Who Must Be Obeyed" planned a trip to southern France, so I'll be looking for an internet cafe in Avignon that weekend to pick up the audio streaming. Same thing happened last year! I listened to the Ball State game from our friends living room on King Island, Tasmania.

This year the Rhode Island game is a probable and Nova is a possibility.

Franks Tanks
May 5th, 2010, 11:46 AM
Tanks - Don't you remember when the Penn band came to Fisher and graced our home crowd with little number called, "safety school?" It annoys me to this day (especially since Penn offered me good money to go there but I wisely made Lafayette my first choice). Go to the Princeton game instead.

I remember it quite well. I believe they also played through our Alma Mater. We got the back by beating them 3 years in a row :D.

I love going to games at Princeton, and I typically make the short trip over whenever we play there. It has been some time since I went to a game at Franklin and that was the primary reason why I was considering the Penn game.

Franks Tanks
May 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Had hoped to make it to the Pittsburgh game, but "She Who Must Be Obeyed" planned a trip to southern France, so I'll be looking for an internet cafe in Avignon that weekend to pick up the audio streaming. Same thing happened last year! I listened to the Ball State game from our friends living room on King Island, Tasmania.

I think you are the first person in history who is lamenting that they will be in the South of France instead of Pittsburgh on a given weekend. I actaully really like visiting Pittsburgh, and I love yoru passion, but it still makes me chuckle.

DG Cowboy
May 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM
LSU and Northwestern State for sure to follow the Cowboys. (Are we the only Cowboys in the FCS?)

Strongly considering Cal Poly in 2011.

carney2
May 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Princeton is always a good time, but if it's a night game, getting back to PA on those back roads can be difficult. Beyond that, Bucknell would be great because we can meet people there, but sitting through a game at an empty Christy Matthewson can be a bummer. Those two and perhaps Fordham are my best bets.

JALMOND
May 5th, 2010, 10:15 PM

That sounds a little like, "Gee, I would really like to go to Las Vegas and play in the World Series of Poker, but that same night is my turn to host the guys in our little poker game here."

I've seen pictures of France. I've seen pictures of Pittsburgh. I've also seen pictures of Tasmania and also of Muncie. All I can say is you must really like football.xnodxxlolx

ngineer
May 5th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Princeton is always a good time, but if it's a night game, getting back to PA on those back roads can be difficult. Beyond that, Bucknell would be great because we can meet people there, but sitting through a game at an empty Christy Matthewson can be a bummer. Those two and perhaps Fordham are my best bets.

Where do you live in PA? I've been over to Princeton several times and I don't recall many 'back roads'...From LV, I-78 to Route 31 south to Princeton. From SE PA, Turnpike to I-295 which drops you off within a couple miles of the campus?xconfusedx Princeton has the best stadium/facilities in FCS in terms of vision of the field, concession/restroom convenience. We have the Tigers at home this year as our 'breather'xrolleyesx between Villanova and New Hampshire. Not an easy stretch.

JBB
May 5th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Im going to go to the NDSU Bison @ Kansas Jayhawks games in Lawrence. I enjoy our FBS games more than any other games we play.

phoenixphanatic21
May 5th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Got 3 I want to try to go to next year. 3. @ Duke 2. @ App State 1. @ Richmond

89rabbit
May 5th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Delaware, UNI, NDSU, Nebraska, and Indiana State (last one is not a for sure).

NHwildEcat
May 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM
I was going to go to the UNH-Pitt game, however, when I had my first look at the schedule this game was slated for Labor Day weekend...now that it is the following weekend I won't be able to attend!

Due to weddings and a trip to Texas, I won't even be able to make it to all the home games...ugh! lol

carney2
May 6th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Where do you live in PA? I've been over to Princeton several times and I don't recall many 'back roads'...From LV, I-78 to Route 31 south to Princeton. From SE PA, Turnpike to I-295 which drops you off within a couple miles of the campus?xconfusedx Princeton has the best stadium/facilities in FCS in terms of vision of the field, concession/restroom convenience. We have the Tigers at home this year as our 'breather'xrolleyesx between Villanova and New Hampshire. Not an easy stretch.

I'm coming out of the Lehigh Valley like you, but make stops along the way to pick up people. It never seems quite as easy as you make it sound - particularly at 11:00.

UNHWILDCATS05
May 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
PITT, RI and Maine for us!!

Any PITT tips from people from that area or YSU or Grambling fans??

Looking forward to game at Maine in early October!!! xrotatehx

UNHWILDCATS05
May 6th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I'll probably only be able to make one road game this year. And being that it's about a 30 min EL ride from my place, it's not much of an endeavor for me.

09/11 @ Northwestern

The sad thing about Northwestern is that about a quarter of the crowd will be ISU fans. Only the die hard Northwestern fans attend the non-Big Ten games. And there are only about 12,000 die hard Northwestern fans in all of Chicago.

Back when UNH was at Northwestern, we had a GREAT!! time. This was due in large part to winning (obviously) and the large group of UNH'ers out there. Telling story about the apathy of Northwestern "fans". The night before the game we were out at one of the local watering holes in Evanston. The bar had a large screen set up in which you could text messages to and the messages would display on the screen. My girlfriend at the time (now wife), sent a few messages to the screen, along the lines of "Go UNH". As we waited for the expected backlash, we realized no one in the place really cared. Our next couple messages even asked, "Does anyone care about the game tomorrow" and still nothing... Was surprised to see such little support from a BigTen Team.... Still didn't diminish the awesome feeling we got when walking through the NU campus and Evanston after the game, and people who couldn't bother to go to the game would ask us very smuggly, "Oh, who won".. and we could smuggly say back.. "We did"...The looks on their faces was priceless...

Sader87
May 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Great story UNH05....I hope to make the UMass and the Cantabridgian Johnnys games. Possibly Dartmouth...great trip up there in October.

NHwildEcat
May 6th, 2010, 10:28 AM
I just saw on the UNH website that the UNH/UMass game (originally in Durham) is being moved to Gillette stadium...I am guessing part of a double header that might include BC/UConn? Guessing on the later part...but I thought that was interesting.

The website also says more details to follow...if anyone else knows more please fill me in!

UNHWILDCATS05
May 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I just saw on the UNH website that the UNH/UMass game (originally in Durham) is being moved to Gillette stadium...I am guessing part of a double header that might include BC/UConn? Guessing on the later part...but I thought that was interesting.

The website also says more details to follow...if anyone else knows more please fill me in!

Previous Thread (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?t=65167&highlight=unh+vs.+umass+gillette)

ngineer
May 6th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I'm coming out of the Lehigh Valley like you, but make stops along the way to pick up people. It never seems quite as easy as you make it sound - particularly at 11:00.

Sounds like Carney is trolling!!!xeekx

Uncle Buck
May 7th, 2010, 11:41 AM
I'll probably head out to Easton, Pa. when Stony Brook comes to town and i am definitely going to try like hell to make my way up to New Hampshire and see a game with UNH_Alum_In_CT.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 10th, 2010, 09:59 AM
I'll probably head out to Easton, Pa. when Stony Brook comes to town and i am definitely going to try like hell to make my way up to New Hampshire and see a game with UNH_Alum_In_CT.

Don't forget UNH plays at URI this year which is an easier trip for you. Kingston isn't that long a drive once you get off the Orient Point Ferry. And there will be the microbrews:

Cobblestone will have the Newport Storm brews from Rhody. I'll have Tuckerman's from NH and probably some Thomas Hooker from CT. You'll have the Blue Point from Long Island. And I usually have some Berkshire Brewing Company Octoberfest from MA along for UNHWILDCATS05.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 10th, 2010, 10:08 AM
Road game plans for 2010:

Pittsburgh -- yes
Rhode Island -- yes
Maine -- yes York County, I will make it to a game in Orono.
James Madison -- haven't decided yet, might be better after the contruction project ends?
Villanova -- probably will have the annual family trip conflict

NHwildEcat
May 10th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Now it looks like I will be heading to URI this September for that game!

Uncle Buck
May 11th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Don't forget UNH plays at URI this year which is an easier trip for you. Kingston isn't that long a drive once you get off the Orient Point Ferry. And there will be the microbrews:

Cobblestone will have the Newport Storm brews from Rhody. I'll have Tuckerman's from NH and probably some Thomas Hooker from CT. You'll have the Blue Point from Long Island. And I usually have some Berkshire Brewing Company Octoberfest from MA along for UNHWILDCATS05.

You have thoroughly convinced me to attend the URI game. Stony Brook will be at Brown so i don't miss out on my season tix, I am adding it to my calendar.

nevadagriz
May 11th, 2010, 11:07 AM
I am going to try and make the nevada vs ewu game this year. I will be in full griz gear and plan to sit with the eagle folks. Hope to make the griz weber game too.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
May 12th, 2010, 09:13 AM
You have thoroughly convinced me to attend the URI game. Stony Brook will be at Brown so i don't miss out on my season tix, I am adding it to my calendar.

Great!!!! I haven't looked at the Stony Brook schedule yet to see if there are any opportunities for you to get to UNH. And I'm going to guess that Stony Brook will play a home and home with UNH sooner rather than later. One way or the other, you'll get up to UNH before UNHWILDCATS05's son suits up for the Wildcats.

tribefan40
May 13th, 2010, 10:38 AM
JMU and ODU for sure, considering going down to UNC... maybe back-toback FBS upsets is too much to ask... xrotatehx

roadwarrior
May 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
I'll be going to all NDSU road games, as usual.

Go Poly
May 17th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Poly at Fresno St. If the wife will let me! ;)

slostang
May 17th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Poly at Fresno St. If the wife will let me! ;)

Let me know if you need me to plead to her for you.xsmiley_wix

slostang
May 17th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I'll be traveling to Texas State, Fresno State and possibly Southern Utah.

Jacked_Rabbit
May 17th, 2010, 11:06 PM
I'm going to think outside the MVFC box and check out a Big Sky game in Flagstaff, AZ this season - Northern Arizona vs. Somebody...

McNeese75
May 17th, 2010, 11:13 PM
I'll be traveling to Texas State, Fresno State and possibly Southern Utah.

You need to experience the Cowboy game day, skip Tx State and come on over xlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
May 17th, 2010, 11:15 PM
Lafayette for sure. Lehigh's other away games are hikes, Drake, UNH, Holy Cross and Georgetown. UNH would be a really fun overnight trip.

JackFan
May 17th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Hey Jacked_Rabbit any special reason you’ll try and make a game in Flag, do you live in or around the area? (PHX). I would recommend the Montana State or Weber games if your looking for a good game, but homecoming is always interesting with the tequila sunrise tradition if you want to throw a few back before the Sac State game. P.S. you’ll be welcomed with open arms I mean we’re both JACKS right haha.

Jacked_Rabbit
May 18th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Hey Jacked_Rabbit any special reason you’ll try and make a game in Flag, do you live in or around the area? (PHX). I would recommend the Montana State or Weber games if your looking for a good game, but homecoming is always interesting with the tequila sunrise tradition if you want to throw a few back before the Sac State game. P.S. you’ll be welcomed with open arms I mean we’re both JACKS right haha.

Yeah, I moved from SD down to the PHX area shortly after last football season.. I already had the Montana St. game circled on my calendar, but you may have just changed my mind with the tequila sunrise tradition!! Thanks for the heads up on that... And, of course, Go Jacks!!

CopperCat
May 18th, 2010, 12:53 PM
I'll be going to Pullman for the Wazzu game, and then going back home to see us destroy ewu. Not really a road game but it involves a roadtrip for me so I'll count it.

slostang
May 18th, 2010, 04:50 PM
You need to experience the Cowboy game day, skip Tx State and come on over xlolx

Been to Texas State and had a great time both times. Would love to go to McNeese State and had plan to do so, but one of the guys in the group that I travel with can not make that game because it is his daughters 18th birthday and they are having a huge party. Our wives only let us fly to one game. We then were going to Old Dominion, but someone else had a conflict.

McNeese75
May 18th, 2010, 09:30 PM
Been to Texas State and had a great time both times. Would love to go to McNeese State and had plan to do so, but one of the guys in the group that I travel with can not make that game because it is his daughters 18th birthday and they are having a huge party. Our wives only let us fly to one game. We then were going to Old Dominion, but someone else had a conflict.

OK, You are excused (this time) :)

Willie
May 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
I'll be at the Montana vs Eastern Washington game...just to see the blood rug and the mess the Griz will make of it.

T-Dog
May 19th, 2010, 01:07 AM
I'll wait and see until I get some game times and after I move and what job I get in the fall.

crusader11
May 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Going to all of ours.