PDA

View Full Version : UNH Scott Sicko to quit football

Old Cat Fan
April 24th, 2010, 08:37 PM
After not getting drafted UNH all american Scott Sicko says he will quit football instead of going the free agency route. I was really looking forward to watch him play on Sundays

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH%27s+Kackert+signs%3b+Sic ko+to+call+it+a+career&articleId=e00e170d-c040-4b66-8734-10e81768e7cd

UNHFootballAlum
April 25th, 2010, 12:28 AM
That is insane. The process is not much different if you are a 7th round pick versus a PFA. That is shocking

Franks Tanks
April 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
He probably didnt have a lucrative free agent offer. Some free agents can get a decent package, while others get virtually nothing.

UNH Fanboi
April 25th, 2010, 08:46 AM
That is a real shame. He's got so much talent and is a hard worker. I would like to see him give it a shot for a year and see what happens. Grad school will still be there in a year, but this is his only shot at the pros. I just hope this isn't something he regrets a few years down the line.

UNHFootballAlum
April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
As we now know, the dallas cowboys made him a great offer and have pursued him heavily as have 3-4 other NFL teams. The Cowboys almost assured him a spot on the roster

UNHFootballAlum
April 26th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Scot was on the Dan Patrick show this morning talking about his decision

DJOM
April 26th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Youth is wasted on the young. If the Dallas Cowboys are giving you a shot, take it. Less than 1% of high school seniors play D1 ball. Less than 1% of those play pro ball. Most of us, would love to have the talent and opportunity to ONCE walk out onto a pro field and play. Work is for the rest of your life....a year or two playing pro ball---is a year or two playing pro ball. Think of the business doors that would open.

Old Cat Fan
April 26th, 2010, 10:54 PM
I understand the Patriots were very interested ( the only team to show up for his pro day) than the Pats went and drafted the TE out of Arizona with thier 2nd pick, That kid was injured his seinor year and didn't even play. Than they drafted another TE from Florida in the 4th round, Maybe this is what turned Sicko so sour,just a guess but somthing turned him negative.

Wildcat80
April 27th, 2010, 03:11 AM
Youth is wasted on the young. If the Dallas Cowboys are giving you a shot, take it. Less than 1% of high school seniors play D1 ball. Less than 1% of those play pro ball. Most of us, would love to have the talent and opportunity to ONCE walk out onto a pro field and play. Work is for the rest of your life....a year or two playing pro ball---is a year or two playing pro ball. Think of the business doors that would open.

I agree...hope he has no regrets....especially if either of his two teammates would make it. xbawlingx

UNH Fanboi
April 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I understand the Patriots were very interested ( the only team to show up for his pro day) than the Pats went and drafted the TE out of Arizona with thier 2nd pick, That kid was injured his seinor year and didn't even play. Than they drafted another TE from Florida in the 4th round, Maybe this is what turned Sicko so sour,just a guess but somthing turned him negative.

The Pats also had 4 picks in Round 7, but still passed on him. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Wildcat80
April 27th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Today he's a Dallas Cowboy!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/27/scott.sicko/index.html

DJOM
April 27th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Fantastic news. Make the team. Prove these draft "experts" wrong. Living well is always the best revenge.

Old Cat Fan
April 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Fantastic news. Make the team. Prove these draft "experts" wrong. Living well is always the best revenge.

I hope he makes it and down the road becomes an impact player while those two TE the Pats drafted will have their careers ending,one with a bad back and the other an admitted stoner will eventually fail the NFL drug policy xnodx

UMass922
April 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
That's wonderful news. He was a great player at UNH and will have a chance to make an impact in Dallas. Best of luck to him!

paward
May 5th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Good Luck to him and his dreams. It is always better to try it and fail than to say I wish I had.

NHwildEcat
May 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM
From what I have read after the rookie mini-camp last weekend, Sicko looked very good. Cowboys are excited to have him and his athleticism...I am going to guess he will be on the final roster as long as he is healthy...the depth chart is quite deep though with arguably the best TE in football and Marty B as his back up.

I have been waiting on a Wildcat to join my beloved Cowboys...so maybe I have a chance now to buy a Sicko NFL jersey!!!

UNHFootballAlum
May 7th, 2010, 12:00 AM
My Cowboys source told me that Sicko is one of the few FA's likely to make ther 53- man roster. That would be huge. No practice squad.

UNH Fanboi
May 9th, 2010, 08:52 AM
I'd love to see Sicko catch a TD on Thanksgiving!