PDA

View Full Version : ROOKIE FREE AGENT TRACKER

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Northwestern State LB Isaiah Greenhouse has signed with the Houston Texans.
Northern Iowa FS Quentin Scott has signed with the Chicago Bears.
Western Illinois CB Patrick Stoudamire has signed with the San Francisco 49ers.
South Dakota State OT Casey Knips has signed with the Arizona Cardinals.
Stephen F. Austin DE/OLB Tim Knicky has signed with the Green Bay Packers.

Mr. C
April 24th, 2010, 05:37 PM
You mean Patrick Stoudamire wasn't selected in the draft? Wonder what his press agent/father think of that?

smallcollegefbfan
April 24th, 2010, 05:50 PM
You mean Patrick Stoudamire wasn't selected in the draft? Wonder what his press agent/father think of that?

Should not be shocked. I had been telling them undrafted or 7th round at best for over a year. I am sure it is humbling. You can't take what NFL teams tell you to heart and too many parents and players do.

GOKATS
April 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Montana St. LB Dane Fletcher to New England
Montana St. C Jeff Hansen to San Diego

Old Cat Fan
April 24th, 2010, 08:31 PM
Manchester Union Leader reporting ,UNH running Chad Kackert to Jacksonville Jaguars TE Scott Sicko to pursue other career outside of football.

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=UNH%27s+Kackert+signs%3b+Sic ko+to+call+it+a+career&articleId=e00e170d-c040-4b66-8734-10e81768e7cd

UMass922
April 24th, 2010, 09:21 PM
UMass:

WR Victor Cruz - Giants
WR Jeremy Horne - Chiefs
FS Jeromy Miles - Bengals
FB Chris Zardas - Eagles
DT Kyle Harrington - Dolphins

http://www.umassathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/042410aac.html

TheValleyRaider
April 24th, 2010, 09:27 PM
UDFA Tracker (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html)

Eagles - Pat Simonds, Colgate
Giants - Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross

Good luck to them both. If Simonds sticks, I'll legitimately have a favorite Eagle :p

Lehigh Football Nation
April 24th, 2010, 10:07 PM
UDFA Tracker (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html)

Eagles - Pat Simonds, Colgate
Giants - Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross

Good luck to them both. If Simonds sticks, I'll legitimately have a favorite Eagle :p

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/04/patriot-league-nfl-prospects-qb-dominic.html

Sam Bradford may get the fawning on draft day, but it could very well be that a kid from St. Xavier Prep in Ohio might be flying under the radar - again - to give a NFL team a really special quarterback. If a team like the New England Patriots, New York Giants or Cincinnati Bengals don't watch out, someone's going to use a draft pick to pick up Randolph and be a very, very happy team.

He didn't get drafted, but it was neat to pick that it was the Giants who was pursuing him. Good situation for him. And Rhett Bomar had better watch out. xthumbsupx

Also a good situation for Simonds to showcase himself as well. It gives me someone to root for this summer up at Eagles training camp.

Lehigh Football Nation
April 24th, 2010, 10:14 PM
http://www.telegram.com/article/20100424/NEWS/100429817/1009

Randolph performed well during Pro Days at Boston College and UMass, and had private workouts with the Giants and Cincinnati Bengals earlier this month.

“The Giants definitely showed interest,” Randolph said. “I felt confident when I left there.”

Randolph stayed in touch with the Giants over the last couple of weeks. He said he talked to a couple of other teams today, “but the Giants were the team I felt most comfortable with.”

“I'm definitely excited right now,” Randolph said tonight, “but I'm going to be getting to work and showing them what I can do on the next level. I'm looking forward to being part of a great organization.”

xthumbsupx

SUjagTILLiDIE
April 25th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Cardinals sign SU's Stewart

By PERRYN KEYS
Advocate sportswriter
Published: Apr 25, 2010
Comments (0)

Passed over during the NFL draft, Southern wide receiver Juamorris Stewart doesn’t have to wonder if he’d have a shot at the pros.

Saturday night, Stewart said he has agreed to sign a free-agent deal with the Arizona Cardinals.

Even as the seventh and final round plodded along Saturday, several teams started calling Stewart to offer free-agent deals.

“I talked to a bunch of teams, but they have a young group and (the Cardinals) like throwing the ball,” Stewart said. “I’m just hoping I can come in and show what I can do. I’m happy and very excited.”

Stewart said he and his agent, Tyron Collins, haven’t yet worked out the details with Arizona, but Stewart said he believes he’ll get a two- or three-year deal.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/southern/featured/92028369.html

smallcollegefbfan
April 25th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Here is a complete list of the players I have been able to confirm.

WR Phillip Kirkland Bethune-Cookman NY Jets
WR Pat Simonds Colgate Philadelphia
WR Bryan Walters Cornell San Diego
DE Brandon Gilbeaux Delaware Tampa Bay
OT Chris Campbell Eastern Illinois Green Bay
K Austin Signor Eastern Illinois Kansas City Tryout
OT Derek Hardman Eastern Kentucky Tampa Bay
QB Matt Nichols Eastern Washington Dallas
TE Nate Overbay Eastern Washington Denver
WR Terrell Hudgins Elon Dallas
CB Leroy Vann Florida A&M San Francisco
QB Dominic Randolph Holy Cross NY Giants
OT Chris Poole Holy Cross NY Giants
CB Marcell Young Jackson State New Orleans
QB Ryan Perrilloux Jacksonville State Minnesota
OG Dorian Brooks James Madison Pittsburgh
TE Mike Caussin James Madison Jacksonville
OT Tyler Eastman Maine Kansas City
OLB Brandon McLaughlin Maine Baltimore
SS Jeromy Miles Massachusetts Cincinnati
WR Jeremy Horne-Murdock Massachusetts Kansas City
FB Chris Zardas Massachusetts Philadelphia
WR Victor Cruz Massachusetts NY Giants
DT Kyle Harrington Massachusetts Miami Tryout
OT Levi Horn Montana Chicago
OLB Dane Fletcher Montana State New England
C Jeff Hansen Montana State San Diego
WR Ed Morton-Green Morgan State Green Bay Tryout
RB Chad Kackert New Hampshire Jacksonville
WR Antonio Robinson Nicholls State Chicago
FS Terrell Whitehead Norfolk State Jacksonville
RB Pat Paschall North Dakota State New England
OT Keith Buckman North Dakota State NY Jets
RB Alex Henderson Northern Arizona St. Louis
FS Quentin Scott Northern Iowa Chicago
DE James Ruffin Northern Iowa Tampa Bay
FB Isaiah Greenhouse Northwestern State Houston
SS Gabriel Derricks San Diego Atlanta
WR Trey Young South Carolina State Carolina
SS Rafael Bush South Carolina State Atlanta
QB Noah Shepard South Dakota Green Bay
DT Ko Quaye South Dakota Jacksonville
OT Casey Knips South Dakota State Arizona
OG Casey Bender South Dakota State Cleveland
WR Juamorris Stewart Southern Arizona
OLB Timothy Knicky Stephen F. Austin Green Bay
WR Aaron Rhea Stephen F. Austin Minnesota
WR Blue Cooper Tennessee-Chattanooga Philadelphia
C Tommy Hernandez UC Davis Minnesota
FS Ross Ventrone Villanova New England
CB Josh Morris Weber State Baltimore
CB Patrick Stoudamire Western Illinois San Francisco
QB R.J. Archer William & Mary Minnesota
SS David Caldwell William & Mary Indianapolis
WR Donald Jones Youngstown State Buffalo

TheValleyRaider
April 25th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Giants also add Chris Poole, OL, Holy Cross

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

benuski
April 25th, 2010, 11:39 AM
The Vikings have offered a contract to WM QB RJ Archer, and some sources are saying that he's signed it.

http://tribeathletics.com/story.php/10284/

phoenixphanatic21
April 25th, 2010, 11:57 AM
I know it's been posted in another thread, but Terrell Hudgins has been signed by the Dallas Cowboys.

paward
April 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
Seth Williams of Richmond has been invited to the Giants Rookie Camp. Eric Ward has been invited to the Jets Rookie Camp.

Dignan
April 26th, 2010, 04:01 AM
I saw on CAAZONE that JMU's Rockeed McCarter signed with Denver. Here's their source:
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

Haven't seen it confirmed in any other location as of yet.

Fordham83
April 26th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Andy Tyshovnytsky OT 6'4 317 FORDHAM signed FA contract with the Colts'

TheValleyRaider
April 26th, 2010, 02:28 PM
FCS guys set for the Giants Official Rookie Mini-Camp roster

UDFAs
QB Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross
WR Victor Cruz, Massachusetts
CB Seth Williams, Richmond

Tryouts
FB Anthony Cotrone, Maine
TE Mitch Ryan, San Diego
WR D.J. McAuley, William & Mary
C Nick Richmond, Delaware State
OT Kyle Webber, Gardner-Webb
OG Chris Poole, Holy Cross
DT Abe Koroma, Western Illinois
CB Ben Hannula of San Diego

PhoenixPhan06
April 26th, 2010, 03:22 PM
Elon OL David Harrison has earned a tryout with the Rams

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=7240

yorkcountyUNHfan
April 26th, 2010, 03:54 PM
UNH LB Sean Ware signed a free agent contact with Carolina

ur2k
May 10th, 2010, 10:22 AM
Looks like Eric Ward signed with the Falcons after a mini camp last week.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/News/Articles/2010/05/1-10/Two_mini_camp_tryout_players_signed.aspx

Pauly LB
May 18th, 2010, 05:19 PM
FORMER CAL POLY DEFENSIVE LINEMAN RYAN SHOTWELL SIGNED AS A PLAYER COACH WITH THE SOLLEROD GOLD DIGGERS IN THE DANISH AMERICAN FOOTBALL FEDERATION

Comment: Not everybody gets their NFL shot but they still have the desire to play. You have to admire Ryan Shotwell for going the extra mile so that he could continue to play football...

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. -- Former Cal Poly football player Ryan Shotwell has signed as a player/coach with the Sollerod Gold Diggers in the Danish American Football Federation.

Shotwell, playing defensive tackle, recorded two sacks and an interception in the Gold Diggers' season-opening 27-9 victory over the Herlev Rebels in Copenhagen.

The Gold Diggers opened fast and quickly, building a 14-0 lead in the first quarter and taking a 14-3 lead into the lockerroom at halftime.

Shotwell returned his interception to the three-yard line, putting the Gold Diggers in a position to end the game with a field goal.

For Shotwell, it was a strange but welcomed change of uniform. From the gold and green of the Mustangs, he now finds himself wearing gold and black for the defending Danish champions.

The Gold Diggers won the championship for the first time in 2009, and they are now fighting to defend their title and at the same time compete in international European football.

His expectations about living in a different country and joining a new team are high.

"I expect to win a lot of football games along with a championship," said Shotwell. "I want to equip the players around me with new tools to make them better football players for this season and years to come.

"Personally, I want to enjoy living in a new country for the first time and have as much fun as possible doing it," the former Mustang defensive end added. "I want to experience new things that I can take home with me forever.

"Professionally, I expect to acquire skills that I can take with me using the experiences of working with a team internationally to benefit me as both a football player and a person," Shotwell said.

Football in Europe is small-scale compared to major sports such as soccer, handball and ice hockey. However, clubs around Europe are slowly getting established, and with financial contributions, they are able to bring in players and coaches from the United States.

Teams in Denmark usually have one or two American players on their roster. Players usually play on the clubs' first team and coach the youth teams. Shotwell believes playing in Europe should be viewed as a great opputunity to experience a different culture and to make a career in coaching.

At Cal Poly, Shotwell led the 2009 Mustangs in sacks with 5.0 and in tackles for lost yardage with 9.5, moving into the Cal Poly top-10 list with 19.5 career sacks (tie for No. 6). The Dos Pueblos High School graduate and Mustang team MVP recorded 41 tackles overall, nine pass breakups and 17 quarterback hurries en route to first-team All-Great West Conference honors.

Shotwell matched his career high with three sacks against Southern Utah (he also had three sacks against South Dakota State in 2008). As a junior in 2008, Shotwell recorded 35 tackles (16 solo), including 9.5 tackles for lost yardage and 4.5 sacks. He also had six quarterback hurries and played all 11 games with five starts.

Shotwell played all 11 games as a backup “Q” linebacker in 2007, including one start in the season opener at Texas State before an ankle injury forced him into a backup role. He finished with 29 total tackles, including 18 solo stops, and led the team with 9.0 tackles for lost yardage, including 3.0 sacks.

Shotwell started all 11 games at a defensive end position in his freshman season (2006), recording 51 total tackles, including 23 solo and 28 assisted stops. He shared team-high sack honors with older brother Kyle Shotwell, each with 7.0 sacks, and notched a career-high eight tackles (two sacks) against Southern Utah. He recorded 10 quarterback hurries, including five against Southern Utah and three more against UC Davis, and finished with 9.5 total tackles for 57 lost yards.

At Dos Pueblos High, Shotwell recorded 81 tackles, including 40 solo stops and nine sacks, as a senior under head coach Armando Gonzales. He also recovered a fumble and, on offense, caught 27 passes for 474 yards and two scores and also rushed seven times for 82 yards and a score.