PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Patriot League NFL Prospects: Pat Simonds

Lehigh Football Nation
April 19th, 2010, 01:02 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2010/04/patriot-league-nfl-prospects-wr-pat.html

You caught me: I think I just made this post in an effort to goad Colgate13 out of retirement. xlolx Either that, or I genuinely think that Simonds has a shot at being drafted. I think a team like the Giants or Patriots nab him in the last round, most likely.

TheValleyRaider
April 19th, 2010, 02:12 PM
I've seen Simonds' name get tossed around as a 6th-7th round possibility. Obviously those parts of the draft are incredibly difficult to predict, but I'm hopeful his name will get called. If not, I would expect him in someone's camp, at the very least

Hard to see him stepping in and producing right away. He'll benefit from a year of development before potentially seeing the field in 2011, though of course that probably depends on the coach and system he winds up in. He made 1 catch during the Shrine Game, a nice comeback where he shielded the defender, went up, and pulled it down. The play was called back for a holding penalty, but it was a nice catch

I can't speak for most teams, but I'd be surprised if he wound up with the Giants. NY is pretty stocked with receivers right now, and remember they took Ramses Barden as a tall, end zone/jump ball threat. Of course, if they do take him, I'll have a new favorite Giant :D