PDA

View Full Version : KIPER - Skelton to Jags 4th round

Fordham83
April 16th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Mel Kiper predicts 1st 4 rounds of NFL Draft. he has QB John Skelton (Fordham) to the Jaguars in 4th round.. being a Jet fan... just hope he doesnt go to Miami-Buffalo-NE.. lol..

Jacksonville Jaguars
Top needs: S, DE, WR, LB, G/C, QB, RB
First round (10): RB C.J. Spiller
Second round: No second-round picks
Third round (74): CB/S Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
Fourth round (108): QB John Skelton
Summary: Spiller is the home run threat the offense could really use. And no, he's not the top need for this team. That said, while some might consider him a luxury pick the Jags can't afford, the team did help itself in the pass-rushing department with the addition of guys like Aaron Kampman. Spiller can help this offense immediately, and that counts for a lot. I see Owusu-Ansah as maybe the best small-school player in the whole draft. He has good size at taller than 6 feet and nearly 210 pounds, and can help in the return game. (He also could become a safety.) Skelton is the big guy (6-5, 240-plus) with a cannon that you take and tuck away to see whether you can develop him.

for any Jet fans out there :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New York Jets
Top needs: OLB, DE, FS, WR, CB, OL, PK
First round (29): DE Everson Griffen
Second round (61): WR Jordan Shipley
Third round: No third-round picks
Fourth round (124): CB Terrence Johnson
Summary: Griffen has a chance to be a terror in the Rex Ryan system. He has great size mixed with superior athleticism, and most importantly, his best days are ahead of him. Think Terrell Suggs and Adalius Thomas. Ryan can do similar things with Griffen. Shipley is a sure-handed slot target whom Mark Sanchez should grow to depend on in the way Colt McCoy did. I like Johnson for CB depth behind Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie. He's a sleeper.

Franks Tanks
April 16th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Wherever John goes I hope he gets a chance to "develop" and make the PL proud!

bleedblue
April 20th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Will he go before A. Edwards(APP)???