PDA

View Full Version : How is your schools draft players on the draft boards?

OldSouth
April 11th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Armantis proday and Combine both have made him a sure in for being on a roster. Now we have to see hou he does in the private tryouts as QB, wide receiver and punt returner. The scouts are digging him apart, and can't find anything they really don't like except his size.

How is your schools draft status?

Houndawg
April 11th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Armantis proday and Combine both have made him a sure in for being on a roster. Now we have to see hou he does in the private tryouts as QB, wide receiver and punt returner. The scouts are digging him apart, and can't find anything they really don't like except his size.

How is your schools draft status?

Deji Karim is moving up in the RB rankings after not getting an invite to the combine.

At da Bears camp he clocked a 4.37 and 4.40, 43" vertical (better than any of the combine RBs), 19 reps @ 225 lbs., 10' 3" standing broad jump. Somebody will draft him late and find him hard to get rid of.

Scott Ravenesi was the fourth rated punter.

Mattymc727
April 11th, 2010, 09:04 PM
There was a lot of hype about Scott Sicko right after the playoffs and at one point I think he was ranked the 10th best tight end. However I have not heared anything in a month or two.....

WMTribe90
April 11th, 2010, 11:43 PM
Four WM players are legit NFL prospects. Adrian Tracy (DE) was invited to the combine, where he put up respectable numbers. He has been invited to work out for the Giants too. He's probably undersized to play DE in the NFL, but could be a great fit at OLB in a 3-4 scheme once he makes the transition to LB. I'm guessing he's a late round pick, maybe as high as RND 4, but likelt lower since he will be a bit of a project.

Sean Lissemore (DT) was very impressive at WM's pro day. He was also invited to work out for the Giants. He's a physical specimen that runs in the 4.8 range at 295 pounds. Physically he could step right in and play DT in the NFL. Played well in Texas v Nation all-star game. His stock seems to be rising. I think he's gone from a FA to a likely late round draft pick.

RJ Archer (QB) is playing baseball for the Tribe, but still pursuing the NFL. Scouts seem to like his size, athleticism and release. Smart player with all the intangibles and a big potential upside, since he only started one season at QB after two seasons as a starting WR. Invited to work out for the Vikings. Flying too far under the radar to be drafted, but I'm guessing he will have multiple FA offers to choose from and is a good candidate for a practice squad IMO.

David Caldwell also shined at WM's pro-day. Another physical specimen that plays with aggression. Only negative would be his average height. I think he turned some heads with his measurables and his film will also impress. For sure a FA pick-up and an outside chance of getting drafted in RND 6-7. Best shot at sticking would be on special teams, where he could excel as a cover man.

Regardless of the draft, we will almost certainly have four guys in NFL camps this Fall with legit chances of making a roster or travel squad. Great class, that we are going to miss.

Col Hogan
April 12th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Vlad Ducasse looks to be a solid second rounder...I even saw him listed as a possible late first rounder on a blog (but I think that's a bit much...)

jmufan999
April 12th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Vlad Ducasse looks to be a solid second rounder...I even saw him listed as a possible late first rounder on a blog (but I think that's a bit much...)

you're probably right but without question he's the first FCS prospect taken.

John Skelton seems to be getting the most "pub", at least from what i've been hearing. people love guys with that kind of size (6'6") at the QB position.

Arthur Moats (DE/LB) will probably be a 4th rounder, our best pro prospect in years. we don't typically have many. Dorian Brooks (OG) will be a 6th/7th rounder, maybe. Scotty McGee (DB/KR) will likely not be drafted because his skills as a DB are raw, at best. someone might give him a chance in a camp somewhere, but typically you don't get a roster spot as a KR alone... you have to be able to do something else well. just my opinions.

JMU Newbill
April 13th, 2010, 12:14 PM
you're probably right but without question he's the first FCS prospect taken.

John Skelton seems to be getting the most "pub", at least from what i've been hearing. people love guys with that kind of size (6'6") at the QB position.

Arthur Moats (DE/LB) will probably be a 4th rounder, our best pro prospect in years. we don't typically have many. Dorian Brooks (OG) will be a 6th/7th rounder, maybe. Scotty McGee (DB/KR) will likely not be drafted because his skills as a DB are raw, at best. someone might give him a chance in a camp somewhere, but typically you don't get a roster spot as a KR alone... you have to be able to do something else well. just my opinions.

Agree in all aspects. I expect Skelton to be the first (possibly only) FCS qb taken. Bring on the hater-ade!

I've seen Moats as high as a projected 3rd round pick, Brooks as high as a 6th round pick. I personally expect late 4th for Moats, and unfortunately undrafted for Brooks (he'll get a tryout somewhere though).... but we will see! Hopefully Akeem Jordan's success at the LB spot for the Eagles, despite going undrafted, will help out Moats.

UAalum72
April 13th, 2010, 03:04 PM
What's a'matter you??? You no understand nothing???
Wossamatta U is not FCS, though good enough for Moose and Squirrel.

http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/4/4992749.2608264.jpghttp://dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/images/2417bull.jpg

blukeys
April 13th, 2010, 07:59 PM
Wossamatta U is not FCS, though good enough for Moose and Squirrel.

http://logo.cafepress.com/nocache/4/4992749.2608264.jpghttp://dvdtalk.com/dvdsavant/images/2417bull.jpg

The best football school in Frostbite Falls.

UNH Fanboi
April 20th, 2010, 07:18 PM
There was a lot of hype about Scott Sicko right after the playoffs and at one point I think he was ranked the 10th best tight end. However I have not heared anything in a month or two.....

Sicko has got some good buzz going (posted 4/17):

New Hampshire tight end Scott Sicko conducted private workouts for the New England Patriots and the Indianapolis Colts, according to a source close to the program.

Sicko has also visited the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Per a source, the 6-foot-4, 251-pounder ran a 4.53 in the 40-yard dash for the Patriots.

The time was considered unusual, so the Patriots representative that clocked Sicko remeasured the surface. On the second attempt, we're told he ran a 4.54.

This was done on an indoor surface.

One week later, Sicko ran a 4.59 on grass.

At his Pro Day workout, Sicko registered a 35-inch vertical leap, bench pressed 225 pounds 24 times and turned in a 10-2 broad jump.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Scott-Sicko-had-private-workouts-for-Colts-Patriots.html

I think he may have a good shot at getting drafted.

smallcollegefbfan
April 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM
Here is a link to some notes I posted.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=1518169#post1518169

jimbo65
April 21st, 2010, 06:08 AM
According to yesterday's NY Post, QB John Skelton could go anywhere from third to sixth round. Quite a spread but means he likely will be drafted. 6' 5" @ 250 lbs and a strong passing arm attracts attention. His brother, approximately the same size, will be our senior tight end next year. They grow them big in TX.

smallcollegefbfan
April 21st, 2010, 11:52 AM
According to yesterday's NY Post, QB John Skelton could go anywhere from third to sixth round. Quite a spread but means he likely will be drafted. 6' 5" @ 250 lbs and a strong passing arm attracts attention. His brother, approximately the same size, will be our senior tight end next year. They grow them big in TX.

I don't see any way he gets out of the 4th round, MAYBE early 5th at the very latest. His arm is too good. Like I have said before many area scouts, including myself, have him as a 4th-6th round type guy but coaches and GMs love him. A few QB coaches and offensive coordinators have him as a early to mid 2nd round grade.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
April 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan,

I noticed you didn't have Scott Sicko, TE, UNH on your last listing. Has the workout for the Patriots brought him back onto your list? And I've heard a rumor about Sean Ware, LB, UNH also starting to get some mention as a 7th rounder. What are you hearing?

Thanks

UNH Fanboi
April 21st, 2010, 02:10 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan,

I noticed you didn't have Scott Sicko, TE, UNH on your last listing. Has the workout for the Patriots brought him back onto your list? And I've heard a rumor about Sean Ware, LB, UNH also starting to get some mention as a 7th rounder. What are you hearing?

Thanks

From his notes:

"UNH TE Scott Sicko has gotten interest from the Patriots and more. He could go in the late rounds."

Sader87
April 21st, 2010, 02:59 PM
From his notes:

"UNH TE Scott Sicko has gotten interest from the Patriots and more. He could go in the late rounds."

I want the Pats to draft him due to his name alone....

smallcollegefbfan
April 21st, 2010, 03:12 PM
SmallCollegeFBFan,

Thanks

I was holding off on Ware to post info on him tonight. He is getting some legit play. I don't think he should get drafted but you never know.

The Patriots scare me to death with all of their 2nd round picks and then 6th and 7th rounders. They will get what they want before the 5th round and likely throw out some curve balls to everyone in the 7th. Don't be surprised if they take some players that shock everyone, including me. Other teams to keep a watch on include the Jaguars, Raiders, Packers, Titans, and Colts to take someone that will be totally off the radar.

I am hoping the NW State special teams kid gets taken. He is going to freeze up ALL the draft trackers and Kiper will skip right over him. I know for a fact that he does not know about him, unless he has read my information that goes to the teams. If he is then someone in the NFL is passing it along to him.

jmufan999
April 23rd, 2010, 08:02 PM
congrats to Vlad Ducasse!

Mr. C
April 23rd, 2010, 10:06 PM
congrats to Vlad Ducasse!

And also congrats to Andre Roberts and Armanti Edwards. It was a good night for FCS players.

jmufan999
April 24th, 2010, 04:31 PM
surprised JMU had two players drafted, Scotty McGee and Arthur Moats. figured Moats would go earlier than he did but didn't think Scotty would be drafted. go dukes! actually, i take that back... i did think we'd have two drafted, just thought it would be Moats and Dorian Brooks, not Scotty.