PDA

View Full Version : Elon Pro Day

PhoenixPhan06
March 17th, 2010, 04:21 PM
ELON, N.C. -- Elon seniors Terrell Hudgins, David Harrison, Andre Campbell, Nolan Ward and Eric Ludwig worked out for scouts from multiple NFL teams –including the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and New York Giants – on Tuesday.

The workouts began in the Elon weight room where the quintet went through the broad jump, vertical jump and bench press. The workouts then moved to the track where they ran the 40 and performed in other drills for the scouts.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=7070

Andre Campbell is a beast!! OL David Harrison this past off season broke the school record in bench press at 525 so I was a little surprised to see him with less reps at 225. Everyone take notice, Terrell Hudgins' 40 speed is no longer a knock on him. He clocked in at 4.52 which should solidify his stock as a mid-late round pick

Go Phoenix!!

AppAlum2003
March 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Congrats to TH! Hopefully he can go 3rd - 4th round. Speed seemed to be the one thing he was lacking. I'm wondering what he would have run at the combine, as those electronically timed speeds seem to be a little slower than Pro Day speeds.

It's been said ad-naseum, but I think that 40 times are pretty worthless. Honestly, how many times does a player run 40 yards straight down field in an NFL game? Stupid.

I put more emphasis on the the things like cone drills, which show ability to cut and change direction.

Sorry, kind of changed subject there... good job, TH!

seantaylor
March 17th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Add .15-.20 to the Pro Day timed speeds to get comparisons against combine players.

smallcollegefbfan
March 18th, 2010, 12:54 AM
ELON, N.C. -- Elon seniors Terrell Hudgins, David Harrison, Andre Campbell, Nolan Ward and Eric Ludwig worked out for scouts from multiple NFL teams –including the Carolina Panthers, Denver Broncos and New York Giants – on Tuesday.

The workouts began in the Elon weight room where the quintet went through the broad jump, vertical jump and bench press. The workouts then moved to the track where they ran the 40 and performed in other drills for the scouts.

http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=7070

Andre Campbell is a beast!! OL David Harrison this past off season broke the school record in bench press at 525 so I was a little surprised to see him with less reps at 225. Everyone take notice, Terrell Hudgins' 40 speed is no longer a knock on him. He clocked in at 4.52 which should solidify his stock as a mid-late round pick

Go Phoenix!!

While he did run a 4.52 you have to remember that he ran on a track and teams usually add .12 to those times. That would make his 4.52 and 4.58 a 4.64 and 4.70, which is a little better than you would expect but not enough to put him in the mid rounds. His workout was very average as his 40 time, vertical, bench reps, short shuttle, broad jump, and 3-cone would not be anywhere near the top 10 among combine performers. Plus, his tape looks nowhere near a 4.52. I don't think he gets drafted but is a high priority free agent. Campbell's workout was very impressive and while he won't get drafted I think he is going to get the most attention from teams over the next few weeks because very few people looked hard at him during the season.

phoenixphanatic21
March 18th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Here's to the Carolina Panthers signing all those guys!

PhoenixPhan06
March 18th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Here's to the Carolina Panthers signing all those guys!

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they signed one of em. Look for the Broncos to sign T-Mobile if not already picked up by another team. I just have a feeling about him in either Denver or Carolina.

whoanellie
April 16th, 2010, 05:23 PM
something to think about:
If one made a highlight film of Terrell Hudgins 385 catches and you edited them to 1, one second per catch. The highlighlight tape would actually run 6 and a half minutes long....hmmm.

Elon Fightin' Christians
April 19th, 2010, 07:54 AM
Good article about T Mobile leading up to draft-

http://gnb.scout.com/2/962679.html

PhoenixPhan06
April 20th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Here's another one on the sleepers of the draft

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/draft-2010/04/18/sleeprs/index.html