PDA

View Full Version : Colgate Basketball

ISUMatt
May 4th, 2005, 10:24 PM
OK so I was doing some research on Mens basketball this past season and out of 326 D1 teams, Colgate was rated 326 in attendance with an Average of 404. HOW THE HELL DO YOU ONLY AVERAGE 404 :eek: ??? Colgate13, and ideas on this shocking stat here?

-13 home games, total attendance 5,252

http://img26.echo.cx/img26/3627/c10cl.th.jpg (http://img26.echo.cx/my.php?image=c10cl.jpg)

Cotterell Court sure looks like it holds more than 404!!!

ISUMatt
May 4th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Awww hell, the years were mismarked, these were last seasons numbers!!! Damn NCAA website!!!

bonarae
May 4th, 2005, 10:49 PM
where did you get that info?!?

Harvard: home attendance 1147, away 2611
not that bad...

TheValleyRaider
May 4th, 2005, 10:50 PM
There's a few reasons for that. The first is that the student body, in general, doesn't really care that much. Attendance at most events that aren't football or hockey is really rather poor. Secondly, of those 13 home games, 6 were during breaks, so no students were going to be there. Another 2 home games conflicted with hockey games, and hockey is the big sport here, so given the choice, they're not going to basketball. The argument with that says that basketball catches the people that can't get into the hockey games or that check the score between periods. Not sure how much I believe that, but that's the rationale.

I've been to a bunch of the home games with the band, and the crowd is mostly Hamilton folks looking for stuff to do on a Friday/Saturday. OTOH, there was decent student turnout at the Harvard (a Friday night late in the fall semester when nothing else was going on) and Holy Cross (senior day and took place in the afternoon before a hockey game) games. Interesting that the HC game listed 1200 in attendance, and the Harvard one only 450, because I'm fairly certain the crowd for the Harvard game was bigger.

colgate13
May 5th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Reasons?

1 - Hockey
2 - Hamilton, NY
3 - Hockey
4 - Lack of competitiveness in recent years
5 - Poor scheduling - conflicts with hockey
6 - Uninspiring facility
7 - No one really cares to do much about it
8 - If you want good basketball, you go to the SU games
9 - Hockey

Fordham
May 5th, 2005, 10:54 AM
you forgot about the impact of hockey

colgate13
May 5th, 2005, 02:17 PM
you forgot about the impact of hockey
CRAP! Where are my priorities in life!?!??!?!
:cool:

ngineer
May 8th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Sounds to me like they're all 'pucked up' in Hamilton! :D