PDA

View Full Version : Darmouth on the Rise

DJOM
March 10th, 2010, 05:53 PM
Word is Darmouth hired Coach Dobbs from Princeton as their new Defensive Coordinator. Congrats to Dartmouth on this hire. I was very impressed with him as linebacker coach at Princeton and sorry to see him go.

Franks Tanks
March 10th, 2010, 05:56 PM
The Big Green seem to be allowing Teevens to go for broke a bit. He changed a lot of the staff and appears to be landing some great recruits (perhaps a change in admissions???).

He needs to deliver.

colorless raider
March 10th, 2010, 06:07 PM
Dartmouth is a young team and have had an excellent recruiting year and I fully expect tham to be on the way up and very competitive. Buddy got a 2 year extension after the season.

centraljerseycat
March 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Teevens is a mystery. By accounts he is a decent stand-up guy..maybe too decent to be a successful coach because his W/L records the last 15 years at Tulane, Stanford and Dartmouth are absolutely atrocious... the worst in college football. Yet he continues to get employment as a head coach. Is it him or the programs he chooses to lead?

Franks Tanks
March 11th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Teevens is a mystery. By accounts he is a decent stand-up guy..maybe too decent to be a successful coach because his W/L records the last 15 years at Tulane, Stanford and Dartmouth are absolutely atrocious... the worst in college football. Yet he continues to get employment as a head coach. Is it him or the programs he chooses to lead?

He made his hay by winning a lot with Dartmouth early in his carrer. He is a smart guy who has great football knowledge.

Unfortunantly he hasnt shown that he can win consistently. Stanford got much better when Harbaugh came along, and other coaches have had much more success at Tulane with the same restrictions. Not good for Teevens.

The guy must be an incredible interview.

Ivytalk
March 11th, 2010, 05:51 PM
COACH DOBBS??? You gotta be kidding me. Like Randy Quaid on Saturday Night Live, right??xlolx:D

GoGreen
March 12th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Really looking forward to next season.

Marcus Garvey
March 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
If he can eke out 4 wins that would be a major accomplishment. I just checked their records. Holy Hell, they haven't had a winning season since I lived in New Hampshire.

I think the administration just doesn't care about football any more. No point firing a guy like Teevens, as the next schmuck to come along won't do much better. Why give HR the extra work?

yorkcountyUNHfan
March 12th, 2010, 05:31 PM
They took a step toward a winning season last fall by calling an end to the UNH series.

ngineer
March 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
and here I thought this was a thread about a new Creedance Clearwater Revival song...xrolleyesx;)

DJOM
March 13th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Yes, Ivytalk is correct---that would be Dobes. I hate when that happens.