PDA

View Full Version : NFL Free Agency/Bears VIPs trying to save their a$$e$

bodoyle
March 5th, 2010, 01:49 PM
So far we have wasted money on Chester Taylor ($7 million guaranteed), Brandon Manumaleuna ($6 million guaranteed) and Peppers (as high as $45 million guaranteed).

Taylor doesn't matter when you have no OL.

Peppers is "old" (30 in a month or so I think) and is known for taking plays off. No thanks. I'll pass. Can he be great? Yep. Do I think he will be? Nope. Whenever you hear "experts" saying he's ready to break out and he is 30 years old, something isn't right.

AggieFinn
March 5th, 2010, 02:26 PM
At least you throw your money away on decent talent...the Raiders just give it to whoever Al says...which is very bad.

Agree with you about needing offensive line improvement...it gets so stupid picking up skill position players without securing the foundation first.

Gil Dobie
March 6th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Sorry BD, but I see Taylor as the next Marshall Faulk fantasy-wise. With Martz as the new OC, this is a great pickup by the Bears..........

Upon further review though, Da Bears still suck...............xsmiley_wix xlolx

bodoyle
March 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I have to disagree Gil. I think he will be as good as the OL is. Our OL sucks balls. We could have Joe Montana back there with Walter Payton and have Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, and Art Monk out there and we will still suck b/c Montana will be on his back as much as....well you catch my drift.

Gil Dobie
March 6th, 2010, 01:24 PM
I have to disagree Gil. I think he will be as good as the OL is. Our OL sucks balls. We could have Joe Montana back there with Walter Payton and have Jerry Rice, Lynn Swann, and Art Monk out there and we will still suck b/c Montana will be on his back as much as....well you catch my drift.

But this year the offensive players will make the O-Line look better, not all-pro better, but better. Hand-off to Forte with few other good options didn't bode well for Da Bears O-Line.

Syntax Error
March 6th, 2010, 09:40 PM
should have had AP with the ball the last few years...

LacesOut
March 6th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Dude, seriously, as an Eagles fan, I would have loved to see Peppers come to Philly. And Taylor would have fit nicely also here. So, IMO, you got two good players.

Do the Bears still need some OL help? Yep, sure they do. But maybe, just maybe, these two players can help win 3-4 more games next season for the Bears.

Franks Tanks
March 6th, 2010, 11:03 PM
Chester Taylor is a good player, but he will be 31 in a few months. He wasnt a full time starter so he doesnt have the usual wear and tear but most RB's are done by 31 (See Westbrook and L.T.)

Peppers is still one of the best DE's in the league, but thats a LOT of money.

bodoyle
March 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
Dude, seriously, as an Eagles fan, I would have loved to see Peppers come to Philly. And Taylor would have fit nicely also here. So, IMO, you got two good players.

Do the Bears still need some OL help? Yep, sure they do. But maybe, just maybe, these two players can help win 3-4 more games next season for the Bears.

Laces: They would fit in much better in Philly than here. You guys don't have as many holes to fill as we do.

AppAlum2003
March 7th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Laces: They would fit in much better in Philly than here. You guys don't have as many holes to fill as we do.

xnodxxnodxxnodx Bears need a safety and some O-line help. Oh, and a WR!

flea
March 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
I actually like the signings