PDA

View Full Version : Ralph's Rag: NCAA Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

CSN-info
February 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM
63The big news this week, amongst all the other news, was the decision by the NCAA to move the Division I Football...

More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/blog.php?b=56)

02-28-2010 12:51 PM

danefan
February 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Credit given where credit is due.

Good article Ralph.

Rob Iola
February 28th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Thanks Ralph - good article!

3rd Coast Tiger
March 2nd, 2010, 11:21 AM
"What it really came down to was," he confided, "we all felt it was time to make a change. In a sense the game in Chattanooga had leveled out. We felt that a change might bring the game to a new level."

TRANSLATION:

It's all about the cash folks.

DetroitFlyer
March 2nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
Time to make a change.... That has to be one of the lamest excuses I have ever heard. Where are the FACTS that Frisco will be better than Chatty? Good grief, no wonder the NCAA is so screwed up.

TexasTerror
March 2nd, 2010, 12:38 PM
Time to make a change.... That has to be one of the lamest excuses I have ever heard. Where are the FACTS that Frisco will be better than Chatty? Good grief, no wonder the NCAA is so screwed up.

I think the biggest problem with FCS...

1) The NCAA does not force all eligible conferences at the level to compete in the postseason.

2) The NCAA allows non-scholarship teams to compete at the Division I level. I understand why not letting them compete at the Div III level, but may as well cut them all together. Funding minimums should be set for major team sports - see football, basketball, etc - as far as scholarships offered.

DetroitFlyer
March 2nd, 2010, 01:28 PM
I think the biggest problem with FCS...

1) The NCAA does not force all eligible conferences at the level to compete in the postseason.

2) The NCAA allows non-scholarship teams to compete at the Division I level. I understand why not letting them compete at the Div III level, but may as well cut them all together. Funding minimums should be set for major team sports - see football, basketball, etc - as far as scholarships offered.

Good thing that you are not an official part of the NCAA. Although with your twisted attitude, you would fit right in. I'll look online once again to see if I can find any medication for your FBS wannabeeism.... It truly saddens me to see folks like you suffer in this manner:p...

Libertine
March 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
In the future, can we as a culture please be done with prefacing anything involving "changes" with the David Bowie song? It's gotten rather old.

TexasTerror
March 2nd, 2010, 02:41 PM
Good thing that you are not an official part of the NCAA. Although with your twisted attitude, you would fit right in. I'll look online once again to see if I can find any medication for your FBS wannabeeism.... It truly saddens me to see folks like you suffer in this manner:p...

Just looking out for the best interests of the student-athletes...

If there was not a non-scholarship league, Dayton could basically be playing a schedule full of 63 scholarship teams. It'd be comparable to Nicholls State playing the C-USA for their entire schedule, with all the handicaps of being an FCS compared to the FBS...

DetroitFlyer
March 2nd, 2010, 02:54 PM

If there was not a non-scholarship league, Dayton could basically be playing a schedule full of 63 scholarship teams. It'd be comparable to Nicholls State playing the C-USA for their entire schedule, with all the handicaps of being an FCS compared to the FBS...

Exactly how many Academic All Americans did Dayton have last season? There are few, if any, programs that do a better job in looking out for the STUDENT/athletes than the University of Dayton. In fact, we attact interest from kids playing athletic scholarship ball at FBS and FCS programs because they would rather be STUDENT/athletes.... We landed an FBS transfer last season for that very reason. I hear that there are currently FCS kids thinking about making the same decision, for the same reason.

EVERY conference in FCS has its niche. You can live in your world of FBS wannabeeism, the Ivy League can live in their niche, the SWAC can live in its niche, the PL can try to live in multiple niches, and the PFL can live in its niche. If anything, this is EXACTLY what makes FCS so interesting.

3rd Coast Tiger
March 2nd, 2010, 03:01 PM

So when you find a student athlete(s) best interests as you put it are not to what you think the "standards" should be what do you do?

3rd Coast Tiger
March 2nd, 2010, 03:03 PM
EVERY conference in FCS has its niche. You can live in your world of FBS wannabeeism, the Ivy League can live in their niche, the SWAC can live in its niche, the PL can try to live in multiple niches, and the PFL can live in its niche. If anything, this is EXACTLY what makes FCS so interesting.

xthumbsupx

Lulu
March 2nd, 2010, 07:00 PM
Well, don't that just beat everything!!!!! Right when GAS and I get to the same time zone as the championship, it moves! xbangx And right into our back yard!! xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxmadx

That just stinks!

xflamemadx

seantaylor
March 2nd, 2010, 10:47 PM
Ralph. Fugazi

UNHWildCats
March 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM
Well, don't that just beat everything!!!!! Right when GAS and I get to the same time zone as the championship, it moves! xbangx And right into our back yard!! xthumbsdownxxthumbsdownxxmadx

That just stinks!

xflamemadx
The NCAA is playing keep away from GAS and Lulu xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Syntax Error
March 2nd, 2010, 11:38 PM
xhurrayx Fugazi is awesome!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGJFWirQ3ks

Fugazi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fugazi is an American punk band that formed in Washington, D.C. in 1987. The band's continual members are guitarists and vocalists Ian MacKaye and Guy ...
History - Musical style - Business practice and ethics - Discography
www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugazi

Fugazi on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music ...
MySpace Music profile for Fugazi. Download Fugazi Punk / Hardcore music singles, watch music videos, listen to free streaming mp3s, & read Fugazi's blog.
www.myspace.com/fugazidischord

Dischord Records: Fugazi
Fugazi is a band from Washington, D.C. They played their first show on September 3, 1987 and since then they have released seven albums and toured the world ...
www.dischord.com/band/fugazi