PDA

View Full Version : Flacco played in the Patriot League?

Sam I Am
February 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
I know that Joe Flacco played at Delaware in the Colonial Athletic Conference, but apparently this yahoo doesn't know that.

Step-by-step guide to drafting a QB
xconfusedx
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Feb 23, 7:55 am EST

That means that some guys in the next group could get a long look. Among them is Fordham’s John Skelton, a 6-foot-5, 244-pound guy with a cannon arm and some distant resemblance to Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco.

Aside from arm strength, much of that has to do with the fact that both played in the Patriot League, which is not a major Division I conference.

“Joe kind of paved the way for guys in our league,” Skelton said after a two-hour workout at Brett Fischer Sports Physical Therapy in Phoenix.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap022210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

andy7171
February 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I know that Joe Flacco played at Delaware in the Colonial Athletic Conference, but apparently this yahoo doesn't know that.

Step-by-step guide to drafting a QB
xconfusedx
By Jason Cole, Yahoo! Sports
Feb 23, 7:55 am EST

That means that some guys in the next group could get a long look. Among them is Fordham’s John Skelton, a 6-foot-5, 244-pound guy with a cannon arm and some distant resemblance to Baltimore quarterback Joe Flacco.

Aside from arm strength, much of that has to do with the fact that both played in the Patriot League, which is not a major Division I conference.

“Joe kind of paved the way for guys in our league,” Skelton said after a two-hour workout at Brett Fischer Sports Physical Therapy in Phoenix.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-directsnap022210&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I think Skelton is talking about I-AA/FCS. The auther didn't do his research.

Franks Tanks
February 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I think Skelton is talking about I-AA/FCS. The auther didn't do his research.

Yup-- Skelton wasnt using league to literally refer to the PL, but just the level of play in general.