PDA

View Full Version : kschmidt: Frisco vs. Chattanooga

CSN-info
February 21st, 2010, 08:20 PM
I really have no issues of either city gaining the FCS title game for the future. But for fun, I took a look at all the DI and DII (looked at both...

More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/blog.php?b=49)

02-21-2010 09:14 PM

TexasTerror
February 21st, 2010, 08:25 PM
The attendence averages are as follows: Texas--9,261 & Chatty--17,215.

I do not think you can even mention the two in comparison based on the cities we are talking about. You briefly mention that, but some people could take some misconceptions away from your stats...

I would say that you can throw out the attendance at the previous Texas games as part of the argument FOR or AGAINST the effort in Frisco.

Though, one number you can take away is the first Chattanooga game compared to the last.

1997 Youngstown State defeated McNeese State 10–9 14,771
2009 Villanova defeated Montana 23–21 14,328

The attendance is actually lower in 2009 than 1997. Does not bold well for a game that is putting it's reputation on building the game over the years. No matter how you spin it, it is clear that the game has only drawn really well with certain teams participating. You can not count on Appalachian State or Georgia Southern making it yearly, but we've already beaten that dead horse...

Syntax Error
February 21st, 2010, 08:54 PM
1997 Youngstown State defeated McNeese State 10–9 14,771
2009 Villanova defeated Montana 23–21 14,328

The attendance is actually lower in 2009 than 1997. Does not bold well for a game that is putting it's reputation on building the game over the years. No matter how you spin it, it is clear that the game has only drawn really well with certain teams participating. You can not count on Appalachian State or Georgia Southern making it yearly, but we've already beaten that dead horse...

Actually I think you can say it bodes well. When a team (Villanova) with historic low attendance and a far away team (Montana) matches the attendance of two much closer and rabid fan bases it is a sign that the game has matured.

But I guess you will have had to see one to speak of it.

putter
February 22nd, 2010, 01:41 PM
Actually I think you can say it bodes well. When a team (Villanova) with historic low attendance and a far away team (Montana) matches the attendance of two much closer and rabid fan bases it is a sign that the game has matured.

But I guess you will have had to see one to speak of it.

May have had 14k tickets sold but no where near that many showed up. Could have been due to the rain.