PDA

View Full Version : Elon 2010 Schedule and Recruiting Class Videos

phoenixphanatic21
February 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but I haven't seen anything so I thought I might as well share these with the world.

Elon 2010 Schedule
9/4 - @ Duke
9/11 - vs. Shaw (Hall of Fame Game)
9/18 - @ Richmond
9/25 - @ Georgia Southern
10/2 - vs. Samford (Family Weekend)
10/9 - @ App State
10/16 - BYE
10/23 - vs. Wofford (Homecoming)
10/30 - @ Chattanooga
11/6 - @ The Citadel
11/13 - vs. Furman
11/20 - vs. Western Carolina

And as I'm some of you have heard by now, Elon signed 15 in their recruiting class this year (just had a late addition, Dustin Ruff, a 5-11, 270 pound D-lineman from Waxhaw, NC) and one transfer from Hofstra. Here's the original 14 signees with a video from the coaches on the player and a highlight video for each player as well.
http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=6908

Can't wait for spring ball and next season.

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2010, 09:35 AM
Elon has a really tough OOC.

I hope they are planning on winning at Richmond or at Duke, if they want to start thinking of the playoffs.

PhoenixSupreme
February 17th, 2010, 10:30 AM
The Elon-Richmond game is the grand opening game for UR's new stadium, btw. Quite an honor if you ask me to be involved with that.

whoanellie
February 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM

I hope they are planning on winning at Richmond or at Duke, if they want to start thinking of the playoffs.

We Plan to Win them- All. We did make the 16 team field last year so it's more than a thought process. The last 4 years schools on our schedule no longer automatically pencil in a check mark "W". when they see Elon on there schedule.. In fact our opener,Duke started spring practice this week. It should be an exciting season. xhurrayx

appmaj
February 17th, 2010, 11:13 AM

Really????

Duke (is Duke)
Shaw (D-II)
Richmond (Losing Ward & Forte)

WrenFGun
February 17th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I think Elon is the underdog both @Duke and @Richmond. They'll have to go 7-1 in conference to make the playoffs if they lose those 2.

---

I think on paper Elon may be a better team than Richmond this year, but I'd be surprised if Richmond lost their home/stadium opener.

TexasTerror
February 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM
I think Elon is the underdog both @Duke and @Richmond. They'll have to go 7-1 in conference to make the playoffs if they lose those 2.

Yep - an underdog at both. If Richmond was at home, perhaps Elon would be the favorite.

A 7-1 conference mark would basically mean winning the SoCon, so Elon better find a win elsewhere in OOC - whether at Richmond or Duke.

PhoenixSupreme
February 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
A 7-1 conference mark would basically mean winning the SoCon, so Elon better find a win elsewhere in OOC - whether at Richmond or Duke.

And we know that may not happen since a certain other team has been hogging all the SoCon titles of late xlolx

appmaj
February 17th, 2010, 03:05 PM
And we know that may not happen since a certain other team has been hogging all the SoCon titles of late xlolx

Im not bragging on our OOC slate either. Florida looks to be the only tough game there...

PaladinFan
February 17th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Can safely say I've never heard of Shaw.

SoCon48
February 17th, 2010, 04:22 PM
I think they play flag football.

Saint3333
February 17th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I think Elon should be favored @ Richmond. Elon loses Hudgins and 3 O-lineman, but UR loses 15 starters and both kickers from last year's team. UR is not likely a playoff caliber team next year.

PaladinFan
February 17th, 2010, 09:38 PM
I think Elon should be favored @ Richmond. Elon loses Hudgins and 3 O-lineman, but UR loses 15 starters and both kickers from last year's team. UR is not likely a playoff caliber team next year.

Yeah, but Elon lost Hudgins.

elon77
February 18th, 2010, 07:19 AM

You've never heard of George Bernard Shaw or Shawshank Redemption?

ElonPride
February 18th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I think they play flag football.

There is an Elon connection with the coaching staff at Shaw. You can't blame Lembo for wanting to help out one of our own! Elon great Richard McGeorge is one of their assistant coaches. You may remember him....1st round draft pick, Green Bay Packers TE for a decade.....

Saint3333
February 19th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Yeah, but Elon lost Hudgins.

I acknowledged that. The difference is Elon's defense will be one of the best 3-4 in the SoCon while UR graduated everyone.

PaladinFan
February 19th, 2010, 05:14 PM
I acknowledged that. The difference is Elon's defense will be one of the best 3-4 in the SoCon while UR graduated everyone.

Didn't they lose the big DE too?

I make light of it, but I think Hudgins is the single biggest loss in the SoCon. No one had a defender that could cover him. I'm not completely convinced that losing Hudgins won't do to Elon what graduating Jayson Foster did to GSU. They were a playoff contender with him, but maybe middle of the pack without him. We'll just have to see.

Saint3333
February 20th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Didn't they lose the big DE too?

I make light of it, but I think Hudgins is the single biggest loss in the SoCon. No one had a defender that could cover him. I'm not completely convinced that losing Hudgins won't do to Elon what graduating Jayson Foster did to GSU. They were a playoff contender with him, but maybe middle of the pack without him. We'll just have to see.

ASU was able to slow him down. As NFL scouts will tell you he isn't the fastest guy on the field and if you stay over top of him you can limit his playmaking abilities. Hudgins is a big loss for Riddle and Elon, but their defense has really improved and they have addressed the depth issues they had just two years ago. If they can replace the o-lineman lost they'll still be a top half SoCon team (which means they'll be in the hunt for a playoff spot).

On a side note I don't think losing Foster killed GSU it runs much deeper than that (all the way to Sam Baker IMO).

ngineer
February 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Elon needs to schedule Lehigh in near future. Having Lembo return opposite his fellow assistants when at Lehigh in the late 1990's would be good theatre and would bring out a pretty good crowd, though I doubt Elon has many who would travel that distance. I figure Pete will be leaving in another year or so, so it needs to get done, now.xnodx

ElonPride
February 22nd, 2010, 09:21 AM
ASU was able to slow him down. As NFL scouts will tell you he isn't the fastest guy on the field and if you stay over top of him you can limit his playmaking abilities. Hudgins is a big loss for Riddle and Elon, but their defense has really improved and they have addressed the depth issues they had just two years ago. If they can replace the o-lineman lost they'll still be a top half SoCon team (which means they'll be in the hunt for a playoff spot).

On a side note I don't think losing Foster killed GSU it runs much deeper than that (all the way to Sam Baker IMO).

Two teams held Hudgins under 100 yards this season, UTC and El Cid. Elon did win those games 45-10 & 43-7. App and UR were the only FCS teams to put anything of a dent in this offense.

PaladinFan
February 22nd, 2010, 10:32 AM
Two teams held Hudgins under 100 yards this season, UTC and El Cid. Elon did win those games 45-10 & 43-7. App and UR were the only FCS teams to put anything of a dent in this offense.

Elon's offense or Hudgins?

Furman held Elon to one offensive touchdown, but Hudgins had 19 catches. So, we limited Elon, but not Hudgins.

SoCon48
February 22nd, 2010, 12:21 PM

Furman held Elon to one offensive touchdown, but Hudgins had 19 catches. So, we limited Elon, but not Hudgins.

Where is he projected in the NFL draft?

ElonPride
February 22nd, 2010, 12:35 PM

No, Furman limited Elon in scoring, but not the offense. If I recall correctly, Elon put up 450 yards on Furman.

Eight Legger
February 23rd, 2010, 06:03 PM
It'll be interesting to see the line on the UR-Elon game. We aren't going to drop off as much as some people think. I suspect we will be favored slightly in that game.

Saint3333
February 24th, 2010, 08:02 AM
If we're talking lines, I'd put the over/under on UR wins for 2010 at 6.

Pitbull
February 24th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Don't know if these have been posted yet, but I haven't seen anything so I thought I might as well share these with the world.

Elon 2010 Schedule
9/4 - @ Duke
9/11 - vs. Shaw (Hall of Fame Game)
9/18 - @ Richmond
9/25 - @ Georgia Southern
10/2 - vs. Samford (Family Weekend)
10/9 - @ App State
10/16 - BYE
10/23 - vs. Wofford (Homecoming)
10/30 - @ Chattanooga
11/6 - @ The Citadel
11/13 - vs. Furman
11/20 - vs. Western Carolina

And as I'm some of you have heard by now, Elon signed 15 in their recruiting class this year (just had a late addition, Dustin Ruff, a 5-11, 270 pound D-lineman from Waxhaw, NC) and one transfer from Hofstra. Here's the original 14 signees with a video from the coaches on the player and a highlight video for each player as well.
http://www.elonphoenix.com/news.aspx?sid=fb&nid=6908

Can't wait for spring ball and next season.

Would you guys be interested in doing home and home contract starting in 2011.....? I see you have Shaw on the 11th...Maybe we could fill that spot in 2011....;)

ElonPride
February 24th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Would you guys be interested in doing home and home contract starting in 2011.....? I see you have Shaw on the 11th...Maybe we could fill that spot in 2011....;)

I would like to see that spot filled by getting the series with NC A&T back in gear!

Pitbull
February 25th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I would like to see that spot filled by getting the series with NC A&T back in gear!

Playing a ranked team would make that RPI look a little better...Don't you think? ;) And we travel really well...

ElonPride
February 25th, 2010, 08:26 AM
Playing a ranked team would make that RPI look a little better...Don't you think? ;) And we travel really well...

Acutally, I would like to see us play you guys! That's a series I would like to see in the books at some point!

I was just sad to see the series with NC A&T go away after eight games! It was nice our first year in D-I stomping a top 15 team 40-7! :D In all honesty though, the series with just A&T made sense.

phoenixphanatic21
February 25th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Where is he projected in the NFL draft?

Not too high I think. I wanna say the highest I've seen is 5th round, but don't quote me on that.

Why not? I wouldn't be opposed to that. Heck, let's get you and NC A&T for our OOC.