PDA

View Full Version : Grambling 2010 Recruiting Class

mikebigg
February 16th, 2010, 08:27 AM
http://www.thederisoreport.com/2010/02/03/grambling-recruiting-updated-2010-national-signing-day-class/

So far, only 15 announced signees! I expect Coach B'way to make some more signings...either transfers or late additions from the High school ranks.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Speaking of Grambling, any word on how their schedule is developing for out of conference these next few years? Had not seen anything as of late...

TSUalum05
February 16th, 2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.thederisoreport.com/2010/02/03/grambling-recruiting-updated-2010-national-signing-day-class/

So far, only 15 announced signees! I expect Coach B'way to make some more signings...either transfers or late additions from the High school ranks.

That's what TCU does - they save scholarships for high school kids that other teams such as U of Texas cannot offer any more schollies because they used the maximum amount of schollies during the early signing period.

mikebigg
February 16th, 2010, 02:47 PM
Speaking of Grambling, any word on how their schedule is developing for out of conference these next few years? Had not seen anything as of late...

Last I heard, we open in Shreveport vs La. Tech... hadn't heard about any changes to that plan. Nothing about 2nd non-conference game.

TexasTerror
February 16th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Last I heard, we open in Shreveport vs La. Tech... hadn't heard about any changes to that plan. Nothing about 2nd non-conference game.

Were the details worked out in that contest as far as $$$ is concerned? Think the turnout will be pretty strong for what amounts to a 'shared' neutral site game in Shreveport?

If that game does well, it'll be two major college football games in a row to succeed in Shreveport. I recall the Independence Bowl this past December was one of their better attendances in quite some time.

DEX
February 17th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Are you guys really going to give Carrothers a shot at qb? As impressive as his stats are he was the first Indy qb in a while not to win a state championship. He would make a decent wr or tailback.

mikebigg
February 17th, 2010, 05:10 PM
Are you guys really going to give Carrothers a shot at qb? As impressive as his stats are he was the first Indy qb in a while not to win a state championship. He would make a decent wr or tailback.

Don't know...that will be a coach's decision. I'm sure he will be given a look...in a spread offense, his height isn't as much of an issue. We run a lot out of our spread sets (the running backs)