PDA

View Full Version : QB Dom Randolph Gets an Agent

Lehigh Football Nation
January 16th, 2010, 11:44 PM
http://www.salemnews.com/pusports/local_story_015233936.html?keyword=topstory

Agent Sean Stellato of Salem has signed Holy Cross quarterback Dominic Randolph and expects the All-American to be chosen in one of the later rounds of this year's NFL Draft.

"He has a legitimate shot at the pros," said Stellato, who led Salem High to the Super Bowl and went on to have the most receptions for Marist College in both 2000 and '01.

Stellato, a certified NFL player agent since 2005 and also an assistant football coach at St. John's Prep, said Randolph's stats back up his claim.

"Randolph led all the top rated quarterbacks in throwing stats; in fact, he threw for more yards than any of them," said Stellato. He compares favorably with (Texas') Colt McCoy, and some people say he reminds them of (Dallas Cowboys QB) Tony Romo or (former Tennessee Titans QB) Steve McNair."

xthumbsupx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
January 17th, 2010, 12:43 AM
For some one like Randolph an agent is huge. This guy has to go out there and shove everything DR down scouts throats. Hopefully for Randolph's sake this guy has what it takes. On the surface it doesn't appear he has much of a resume.

gmoney55
January 17th, 2010, 10:37 AM
:DSurprised he gave up on a 6th year at Holy Cross. :D

Franks Tanks
January 17th, 2010, 11:50 AM
For some one like Randolph an agent is huge. This guy has to go out there and shove everything DR down scouts throats. Hopefully for Randolph's sake this guy has what it takes. On the surface it doesn't appear he has much of a resume.

YA this guy is a pretty pathetic agent

JMUNJ08
February 11th, 2010, 09:04 AM
"led Salem High to the Super Bowl"

Was this before the merger????

nms1987
February 22nd, 2010, 12:31 AM
I'm a little surprised a certified NFL player agent is allowed to be a HS or Prep school (whatever St Johns Prep is) coach.

The NCAA flips out if student-athlete has advice of counsel (google Andy Oliver or James Paxton) but they're evidently OK with their future student-athletes being coached by agents?

I'm sure this particular fellow is small-time enough for it not to matter, but you know that if this is (evidently) allowed some HS coach a big time HS power that does see its players go to the NFL is going to get his agent certification and try to steer his HS kids to schools he wants and then have them sign with his agency when they get drafted

Syntax Error
February 22nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
I'm a little surprised a certified NFL player agent is allowed to be a HS or Prep school (whatever St Johns Prep is) coach.

The NCAA flips out if student-athlete has advice of counsel (google Andy Oliver or James Paxton) but they're evidently OK with their future student-athletes being coached by agents?

I'm sure this particular fellow is small-time enough for it not to matter, but you know that if this is (evidently) allowed some HS coach a big time HS power that does see its players go to the NFL is going to get his agent certification and try to steer his HS kids to schools he wants and then have them sign with his agency when they get drafted

Good point.

smallcollegefbfan
February 22nd, 2010, 07:35 AM

According to the NFLPA guidelines it is illegal for an agent to give a player anything until their college career is over and they can sign with them. It is also illegal for agents to have contact with players before their fourth year out of high school. Not sure there is a rule on this but if the person was their HS coach and friend first, once they get to college it would appear that they would then have to wait like other agents to talk to them. The only real advantage would be that the agent knew the player in high school and thus would have an advantage over other agents in that regard.

I have heard some idiots in the media assume that agents can't talk to players at all and that is funny because if these smaller media outlets knew how much money is filtered to people at ESPN, NFL.com, etc. they would be shocked. Anyone remember the Deion Sanders and Dez Bryant situation? Doesn't anyone else find it more than a coincidence that Bryant picks Sanders' agent even though Deion says he never tried to push his agent on him. Yeah right Deion! We aren't stupid! We know many of you big media types are getting six figures from agents. It is just that the NCAA looks the other way when they want to.

Syntax Error
February 24th, 2010, 01:13 AM
It is just that the NCAA looks the other way when they want to.

Blame it on the organization that represents the NCAA, a representative body of members.

xoopsx xsmhx xbangx xnonox xeekx xeyebrowx

flea
February 28th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Would be pretty cool to have 2 Patriot League QB's drafted in the 1 year