PDA

View Full Version : REPORT: Montana?s Bobby Hauck to be named new UNLV football coach

CSN Log
December 23rd, 2009, 03:10 AM
12-22-2009 01:55 PM

REPORT: Montana?s Bobby Hauck to be named new UNLV football coach

A source has confirmed to the Sun that 45-year-old Bobby Hauck, who coached seven seasons at Montana, will soon be introduced as UNLV’s new head football coach.

Hauck, who left Las Vegas following his Sunday interview, came back to town today for a second interview on Tuesday, which also allowed time to iron out some final details. The other finalist for the job was former Texas A&M/Alabama/TCU/New Mexico head coach Dennis Franchione, who after interviewing with new UNLV athletic director Jim Livengood, flew back to his Texas home early Tuesday morning.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/12/22/report-montana-s-bobby-hauck-to-be-named?blog=2#more6009)

TexasTerror
December 24th, 2009, 07:05 PM
According to the various media reports in Missoula, here's a quick glimpse of the likely Montana head coach candidates. Any Griz have others to add?

Boise State WR coach Brent Pease - former Montana QB and assistant
Montana Defensive Coordinator Kraig Paulsen
Montana WR coach Robin Pflugrad
North Dakota State assistant Mike Breske - former Montana assistant, Wyoming DC
Montana assistant Mike Hudson
Wisconsin DC Dave Doeren - former Montana assistant
Alabama OC Jim McElwain - Missoula native, former Eastern Washington QB
Carroll College coach Mike Van Diest - former Montana assistant

Also...former Wyoming and Montana head coach Joe Glenn says he is thinks he has a "guy or two who'd be really good at it" after giving a "no" response to his interest.

Who would you pick from the group?

If Montana can land McElwain, you do that. He's got ties in the region, though with Alabama's success - you figure one year from now, if not this year, he could be a major FBS head coach. Though surprisingly, did not get any of the jobs he's apparently interviewed for at mid-level FBS programs.

Grizo406
December 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
My choices are:

#1 - Jim McElwain
#2 - Dave Doeren
#3 - Brent Pease
#4 - Robin Pflugrad

I'd accept, and wouldn't mind Mike London as our next HC, but I heard he already has a job!??!xwhistlexxlolxxlolx