PDA

View Full Version : All-NFL - FCS

WVAPPmountaineer
December 10th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I would like to see someone put together an NFL All-Pro team consisting only of FCS players - I know the QB position would be covered but I just don't watch enough NFL to add much - Hope someone can put together an offensive and defensive unit
----

Skjellyfetti
December 10th, 2009, 03:25 PM
It seems like last year CSN ranked every position of the last 30 years. That would probably be a good place to start... but, I couldn't find it (with minimal effort) on their website.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2009, 03:39 PM
It seems like last year CSN ranked every position of the last 30 years. That would probably be a good place to start... but, I couldn't find it (with minimal effort) on their website.

I do think he means current players,

RB- Westbrook, Jacobs

QB- Romo, Warner, Flacco

Center- Jamal Jackson, Hank Fraley, Matt Birk

LB- Chris Gocong (spelling?)

WR- Randy Moss (for one year I think), Terrell Owens

Just off the very top of my head.

CSN-info
December 10th, 2009, 03:53 PM

Put "thirty" in the search box and get this:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/top30cover200w.GIF

1978 to 2008: The FCS Top Thirty Lists
College Sporting News

The highest level of NCAA championship football began play in 1978 as Division I-AA and from that time there have been numerous top performers throughout the 30 years. Now renamed the Football Championship Subdivision, the following is a list compiled to highlight the Top 30 at the positions of quarterback, runningback, wide receiver, offensive line, defensive line, linebacker, defensive back, kicker/punter, and FCS national championship games as part of our 2008 Yearbook.

This level of football has produced NFL Most Valuable Players such as quarterbacks Kurt Warner and Rich Gannon, Super Bowl MVPs such as Richard Dent, NFL record holders such as Jerry Rice and Steve Christie, and numerous NCAA records. These lists spotlight some of those achievements and gives a sampling of the level of play that the FCS has and continues to produce.

We have heard all the comparisons with the larger level of Division I football, now called the Football Bowl Subdivision. As you look through the following lists, we ask you to think about how this list compares with one that might be produced for the FBS since Division I divided into two subdivisions.

PDF Lists:
Top 30 Wide Receivers
Top 30 Defensive Backs
Top 30 Offensive Linemen
Top 30 Defensive Linemen
Top 30 Kickers
Top 30 Runningbacks
Top 30 Linebackers
Top 30 Quarterbacks
Top 30 Championship Games

More ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2008/12/18/1978-to-2008-the-fcs-top-thirty-lists?blog=5)

Tealblood
December 10th, 2009, 05:10 PM
Fullback--Hoover(Carolina Panthers) played for Western Carolina--I think but has been injured some this year and with him out

I think fullback could be Mike Tolbert who played at CCU and now plays for the Chargers-- had a 66 yard TD reception last week

Silenoz
December 10th, 2009, 06:06 PM
K - Dan Carpenter (UM)
DE- Kroy Biermann (UM)
DE - Jared Allen (ISU)
WR - Vincent Jackson (UNC)

Probably the best BSC players this season

HiHiYikas
December 10th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Marques Colston

phoenixphanatic21
December 10th, 2009, 11:58 PM
FB- Brad Hoover

Torgo
December 11th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Willie Colon

UMass922
December 11th, 2009, 10:46 AM
CB: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
FS: Antoine Bethea

mcveyrl
December 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
LB: Akeem Jordan. He led the Eagles in tackles before getting injured.

JMUNJ08
December 11th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Darren Sharper who will be a pro bowler this season - W&M

Bam
December 11th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Yeremiah Bell- EKU- Miami's leading tackler in 2008, Bell signed a four-year, $20 million contract with the Dolphins on the eve of free agency. The deal included $10 million in guaranteed money.

UNHFan99
December 15th, 2009, 01:08 PM
UNH's Corey Graham would be the special teams player. He was nominated for the pro bowl this year.

blukeys
December 15th, 2009, 06:01 PM
RB Tim Hightower - Richmond

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2009, 06:05 PM
UNH's Corey Graham would be the special teams player. He was nominated for the pro bowl this year.

Until someone posts other names, wouldn't he also be the starting CB on this All NFL-FCS team? Or is he not starting for the Bears any longer?

And I assume the thread author meant for this season, not all time.

GoBlueHens83
December 15th, 2009, 06:12 PM
TE Visanthe Shiancoe - Morgan State

TheHerb
December 15th, 2009, 06:34 PM
pro-bowler Terrence McGee from Northwestern State

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Derek Cox...rookie starter at CB for the Jaguars out of W&M.

grizband
December 15th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Michael Roos - OT (Eastern Washington)

downbythebeach
January 12th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Miles Austin is in the pro bowl

SalukiJim
January 13th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Bart Scott (LB) NYJ - SIU

AppAlum2003
January 13th, 2010, 01:12 PM
Until someone posts other names, wouldn't he also be the starting CB on this All NFL-FCS team? Or is he not starting for the Bears any longer?

And I assume the thread author meant for this season, not all time.

This is coming from a die-hard Bears fan -

Corey Graham stinks... the only reason he actually got any playing time was because a) the secondary itself was awful and b) injuries, injuries, injuries.

I was actually hoping the Bears would cut him, but he'll probably make the team again next year due to the uncapped season and there being a limited pool of UFA's.

Crusader2010
January 13th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Mike Leach, LS for Arizona Cardinals played tight end, some fullback and also punted at William & Mary. I remember his highlight reel TD catch and run against Maine about eight years ago. Bills QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is also a 2005 Harvard grad.