PDA

View Full Version : APPALACHIAN STATE VS. MONTANA 2009 NATIONAL SEMIFINAL

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Rekdiver
December 11th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Nope, Nope Nope.....I will just complain about how lucky the Griz were and how biased the refs were and that a couple of tweaks to key players, Armanti still shook up from the plane flight and bad food they ate cause us to lose.

I will pull for the winner of this game in the final. Not sure how you will take this but UM people aren't much different than ASU peoplexxmasxxxmasx....except you are colder.

xxmasx

GunsAndGuitars
December 11th, 2009, 01:52 PM
We can't talk about hating the CAA...then they'll know how jealous we are that we don't go to a school with a dominant football program because our conference is terrible.

SpeedkingATL
December 11th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I most definitely will.. in fact, I will be in Chatty cheering against the CAA whoever wins our game

Ditto to that!xrotatehx

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Posted about 10 minutes ago...FINALLY

Bobby Hauck Press Conference (http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8560&m=18)

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I feel like the post about "eating humble pie" is sort of dumb. I am very humble about our chances and feel that this game can go either way. I will come on AGS and praise the App fans for their win if that so happens, I just hope you extend the same respect and congratulate the Griz for a great game...we all know this won't happen though.
That's as stupid as it is insulting.

I've been on AGS now for four years, and I have seen a "congratulations" thread and/or several congratulatory posts by ASU fans just about every time we've lost.

Maybe you haven't noticed, and I can't blame you for not paying attention to threads or posts that don't relate to the Griz. I don't fault you for ignorance, but posting drivel like that in your ignorance is a pretty low thing to do.

kjacks27
December 11th, 2009, 02:53 PM
First post here ever! I have enjoyed this thread over the last week. I have 2 things to say:

1. Two great football teams and whoever wins will be your next champion!
2. 24 hours till kick off!!!

Good luck to both teams!

GO APPS!!!

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Posted about 10 minutes ago...FINALLY

Bobby Hauck Press Conference (http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8560&m=18)

Classy guy and a great coach. xthumbsupx

I like that he said Appalayshan and immediately backtracked and said Appalatchun. xthumbsupx;)

GrizFanStuckInUtah
December 11th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Classy guy and a great coach. xthumbsupx

I like that he said Appalayshan and immediately backtracked and said Appalatchun. xthumbsupx;)

He should just use Appy like everyone else. ;):D

84Griz
December 11th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Game is officially less than a day away:):)

I am really hoping for the ASU fans that make the trip get the full pregame activities that we usually have but I am afraid that the weather might eliminate the skydivers from landing on the 50 yard line or the possibility of a Montana Air National Guard flyover. The MANG just got some F-15's and they will occaisionally, make a training flight over Missoula on Saturday afternoon usually right after the national anthem. We had one for Weber and usually one during the playoff's but the clouds might be to low. That is flippin cool when they hit the afterburners over the stadium.

Oh well, there is always the tailgate parties.

09griz
December 11th, 2009, 04:24 PM
Game is officially less than a day away:):)

I am really hoping for the ASU fans that make the trip get the full pregame activities that we usually have but I am afraid that the weather might eliminate the skydivers from landing on the 50 yard line or the possibility of a Montana Air National Guard flyover. The MANG just got some F-15's and they will occaisionally, make a training flight over Missoula on Saturday afternoon usually right after the national anthem. We had one for Weber and usually one during the playoff's but the clouds might be to low. That is flippin cool when they hit the afterburners over the stadium.

Oh well, there is always the tailgate parties.

They did this in Bozeman during the Cat-Griz game and, if you ask me, may have been flying a little bit low....Though it was cool as hell.

09griz
December 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
What do you guys think? Will we see Montana, like they have with most games this season, come out and dominate the second half? Or is ASU going to be able to control the usual Griz onslaught in the third and fourth quarter?

High scoring game or not?

B&G
December 11th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I might be one of the minority who thinks this could be a low scoring game.

ronpayne
December 11th, 2009, 04:38 PM
What do you guys think? Will we see Montana, like they have with most games this season, come out and dominate the second half? Or is ASU going to be able to control the usual Griz onslaught in the third and fourth quarter?

High scoring game or not?

I think its going to be a high scoring affair - Montana has scored higher than 30 in all their games except 2 (@ UC Davis and @ Idaho State), and higher than 40 6 times (4 regular season, 2 playoffs). Apps defense is getting better, but I'm not going to underestimate the Griz offense.

I think the game is going to be similar to Richmond - i.e. last person to possess the ball wins, OR that the either team's defense wins the game for them on a turnover, as both teams have proven that they can force a turnover.

Here's to the matchup of the decade!

Go Apps!

Grrrrriz
December 11th, 2009, 04:45 PM
I think its going to be a high scoring affair - Montana has scored higher than 30 in all their games except 2 (@ UC Davis and @ Idaho State), and higher than 40 6 times (4 regular season, 2 playoffs). Apps defense is getting better, but I'm not going to underestimate the Griz offense.

I think the game is going to be similar to Richmond - i.e. last person to possess the ball wins, OR that the either team's defense wins the game for them on a turnover, as both teams have proven that they can force a turnover.

Here's to the matchup of the decade!

Go Apps!

I think you are right. The way I see it, there will either be about 100 points scored, or maybe like 41

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2009, 04:50 PM
I just read a lot of things here and wanted to post, but it's Friday, I'm Tired, so I'll just stick with saying, Montana is toast!xnodx

asknoquarter21
I bet both teams will outscore whoever Kansas plays in the basketball game right before kickoff

ThompsonThe
Final score:

521 to 520

putter
After reading the App player's comments about the Griz, I think they underestimate them. Montana will have to adjust to the spread and I believe App will find better athletes than they are expecting. I look for the score similar to the App/UR game....high 30's

APP SHOOTER
December 11th, 2009, 04:52 PM
UPDATE: 22Hrs. 07 Mins. 30 Sec. TO KICK OFFxthumbsupx

09griz
December 11th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna say 27 24, Brody McKnight misses another PAT but it doesn't matter as ASU comes up short in the end.

CamelCityAppFan
December 11th, 2009, 04:57 PM
The last game App delivered an all-out onslaught was the Elon game...I think they're due for another one. Armanti has a huge day, as does the App secondary. I think App jumps out to a big margin early, then hangs on in the 2nd half to win by 9 or so.

Next week is a let down (typical), but App manages a come-from-behind victory in a squeaker for NC #4.

All that said, should App lose tomorrow, they will lose to the only team in FCS that I wouldn't mind so much getting beaten by.xthumbsupx

09griz
December 11th, 2009, 04:59 PM
The last game App delivered an all-out onslaught was the Elon game...I think they're due for another one. Armanti has a huge day, as does the App secondary. I think App jumps out to a big margin early, then hangs on in the 2nd half to win by 9 or so.

Next week is a let down (typical), but App manages a come-from-behind victory in a squeaker for NC #4.

All that said, should App lose tomorrow, they will lose to the only team in FCS that I wouldn't mind so much getting beaten by.xthumbsupx

Likewise.

Appinator
December 11th, 2009, 05:24 PM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/griz_prepping_for_asu/

Southern Pigskin had this interview with Coach Hauck (which I really do respect).

Found it interesting that he came out and said that he is firmly AGAINST the playoff system and prefers the bowls (mentions it around the 3:10 mark of the interview)......Kind of surprising when considering the success he and his teams have had over the years.....

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 05:34 PM
That's as stupid as it is insulting.

I've been on AGS now for four years, and I have seen a "congratulations" thread and/or several congratulatory posts by ASU fans just about every time we've lost.

Maybe you haven't noticed, and I can't blame you for not paying attention to threads or posts that don't relate to the Griz. I don't fault you for ignorance, but posting drivel like that in your ignorance is a pretty low thing to do.

You need to know me a little better. I don't insult...I prod. Sorry for not making my sarcasm clear enough...although all my posts are nearly sarcastic.

This being said, there will be a fair share of fans to point fingers at why they lost from both teams. It is how our competitive nature works.

Here's to a great game

ThompsonThe
December 11th, 2009, 05:35 PM
After reading the App player's comments about the Griz, I think they underestimate them. Montana will have to adjust to the spread and I believe App will find better athletes than they are expecting. I look for the score similar to the App/UR game....high 30's

I believe that is the last thing in the world that App State is doing. Nothing but the highest respect for Montana. No way we are underestimating The Griz.

Proud Griz Man
December 11th, 2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.southernpigskin.com/index.php/site/griz_prepping_for_asu/

Southern Pigskin had this interview with Coach Hauck (which I really do respect).

Found it interesting that he came out and said that he is firmly AGAINST the playoff system and prefers the bowls (mentions it around the 3:10 mark of the interview)......Kind of surprising when considering the success he and his teams have had over the years.....

Thanks for posting the link to that Interview. Bobby is a good guy. I think the guy conducting the interview for S.P. called him Coach Hawk. xconfusedx

ronpayne
December 11th, 2009, 05:44 PM
From GoASU.com:

The game will be televised nationally on ESPN, ESPN HD and ESPN360.com (Todd Harris — play-by-play; Charles Arbuckle — analyst).

Comments, thoughts on the announcers?

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 05:49 PM
From GoASU.com:

Comments, thoughts on the announcers?

$50 says they didn't even know FCS existed before this game.

xlolxxlolxxlolx
JOKES

Were they commentators last year for a couple FCS games? they sound familiar. To be honest, all ESPN commentators are pretty good. They do their homework

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Were they commentators last year for a couple FCS games? they sound familiar. To be honest, all ESPN commentators are pretty good. They do their homework

I hope this is one of those sarcastic comments...

fltheadgriz
December 11th, 2009, 05:51 PM
As long as they don't do a stinking love fest toward the bowl games and they concentrate on the FCS and/or the game at hand.

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 05:52 PM
p.s. the stadium pipes are thawed out. Now when they show shots of the river, people won't be pissing in it!

ronpayne
December 11th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Road trip guys? Anybody heard from the 5 guys who piled into a Jeep and drove west to Montana?

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Road trip guys? Anybody heard from the 5 guys who piled into a Jeep and drove west to Montana?

They'll probably be arriving tomorrow morning. haha.

fencer24
December 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
21 hours

Aho_Old_Guy
December 11th, 2009, 06:08 PM
They'll probably be arriving in Canada tomorrow morning. haha.

Fixed. :D

BearIt
December 11th, 2009, 06:13 PM
His game against Cincinatti in January? Yeah, I'd expect Florida to light them up as well. xnodx;)

What year is that game? I believe i said 2009.xsmiley_wix

AppIAA
December 11th, 2009, 06:39 PM
What year is that game? I believe i said 2009.xsmiley_wix

All do respect, you said 2009 season.. The bowl games, although are in January, are still part of the 2009 season xsmiley_wix

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Tomorrow!

APP SHOOTER
December 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
WM=7
VILY=0
2nd Q

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Just saw T.J. Courman and Leonard Love at the ABC store buyin' some Grey Goose. They've got confidence. Therefore, I do too.

App- 38
Griz- 21

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I'm sayin 48-39 us.

ASU_Fanatic
December 11th, 2009, 08:05 PM
Oh, by the way anyone else ordered tickets for Chatty yet? I've had mine since the Elon game!

KiddBrewer
December 11th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Oh, by the way anyone else ordered tickets for Chatty yet? I've had mine since the Elon game!

if we win, and villanova wins.....that will open up a lot of seats cause they sure as hell aint bringin nobody

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Dempsey redeems himself.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 08:15 PM

Yup. Got 6 on visitor side section 202 behind the band.

SideLine Shooter
December 11th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Just saw T.J. Courman and Leonard Love at the ABC store buyin' some Grey Goose. They've got confidence. Therefore, I do too.

App- 38
Griz- 21

I'll bet they checked Leonard's ID!xlolxxlolxxlolx

HiHiYikas
December 11th, 2009, 08:47 PM
You need to know me a little better. I don't insult...I prod. Sorry for not making my sarcasm clear enough...although all my posts are nearly sarcastic.

This being said, there will be a fair share of fans to point fingers at why they lost from both teams. It is how our competitive nature works.

Here's to a great game
Fair enough...sorry to have misread you.

We Mountaineers aren't 100% gracious in defeat. But there are a good number of us who know when to say "good game, congratulations."

I'm sure we'll both be saying that to one another tomorrow evening, whatever the outcome.

theasushow
December 11th, 2009, 09:13 PM
got the Richmond-ASU 07 semi-final in the dvd player as soon as the nova game ends......

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 09:16 PM
Fair enough...sorry to have misread you.

We Mountaineers aren't 100% gracious in defeat. But there are a good number of us who know when to say "good game, congratulations."

I'm sure we'll both be saying that to one another tomorrow evening, whatever the outcome.

It's hard to read sarcasm on a board...understandable.

The lights are still on at the stadium here in missoula...wonder what they are still doing over there?

theasushow
December 11th, 2009, 09:20 PM
when u have been braggin on your team all week and giving every reason in the world why they will win...after a win it's sometimes hard not to say "nan nan a boo boo". but the people that just say "good game, you have a great team and good luck in the future" after a victory are the truely the best, classiest fans.

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 09:22 PM
when u have been braggin on your team all week and giving every reason in the world why they will win...after a win it's sometimes hard not to say "nan nan a boo boo". but the people that just say "good game, you have a great team and good luck in the future" after a victory are the truely the best, classiest fans.

I'm usually just heartbroken after a loss. I praise the other team but take a month off ags usually when we lose. haha. Griz football is such a major part of my life that I hate to see it end. It will at least be a less disappointment if we lose to a formidable opponent, but when we lose in the first round...that's when it really hurts.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
From David Jackson's facebook:

app state chant at the Iron Horse..drowned out the Grizz fans boos

Wish I was in Missoula. xbawlingx

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM

That. is. awesome.

Wish I was there as well. I love it.xnodx

theasushow
December 11th, 2009, 09:28 PM
I'm usually just heartbroken after a loss. I praise the other team but take a month off ags usually when we lose. haha. Griz football is such a major part of my life that I hate to see it end. It will at least be a less disappointment if we lose to a formidable opponent, but when we lose in the first round...that's when it really hurts.

very well said...i know it doesnt compare to montana, but not much else in Boone NC other than ASU football as well.

ericappstate
December 11th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Yup. Got 6 on visitor side section 202 behind the band.

IIRC section 202 is the home side.

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 09:57 PM

Any Griz fan will be at Stocks, Reds, or Mo's tonight...not the iron horse.

FCS Go!
December 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM

App- 38
Griz- 21

Buying a fifth of vodka the night before the game??? Me thinks the coaches would be less than pleased. Anyone got pics?

AppStateold299
December 11th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Hell yeah AppState fans. Represent App Nation over in Missoula. I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys another App win tomorrow. We can only hope it is a good game. I think whoever wins this game can take W&M or Nova. They are looking weak tonight.

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Buying a fifth of vodka the night before the game??? Me thinks the coaches would be less than pleased. Anyone got pics?

They are not currently on the team...

FCS Go!
December 11th, 2009, 10:04 PM
They are not currently on the team...

Gotcha. I'd be (am) drinking too. :D

jus10asu
December 11th, 2009, 10:15 PM
Hell yeah AppState fans. Represent App Nation over in Missoula. I hope everyone has a great time and enjoys another App win tomorrow. We can only hope it is a good game. I think whoever wins this game can take W&M or Nova. They are looking weak tonight.

I second that....App or Montana will destroy either of these teams.....I am not impressed in the least.

Grizaholic17
December 11th, 2009, 10:16 PM
I second that....App or Montana will destroy either of these teams.....I am not impressed in the least.

I wouldn't say this. You could end up eating your words...teams never look as good as they are when competing against a team that isn't yours.

Shellin
December 11th, 2009, 10:18 PM

I feel like that is a little premature (and I know it wasn't just you saying that, I've seen it a lot from both Griz and App State fans). Nova has a great defense and their offense didn't look terrible against another very good defense. It definitely won't be a walkover in Chatty no matter who plays the Wildcats.

AppStateMntr
December 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM
The game b/w W/M & 'Nova was a tough one to make a judgment on. I'm still having a hard time deciding whether the offenses were pretty anemic, or if the defenses were that good, or what. With that being said, I think a team with a pretty solid defense, and a good offense could beat 'Nova. I think that both App and UM are both this style of team. It seems they can get the stops on D when needed, and they have no trouble putting points on the board when needed.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 10:22 PM
IIRC section 202 is the home side.

You're right. Brain fart on my part.

ericappstate
December 11th, 2009, 10:44 PM
You're right. Brain fart on my part.

Just making sure because my tickets are in 228. The wife's old roommate lives in Chattanooga so we planned on visiting anyways, but sure would love for the Apps to be in the game xnodx.

AppStateMntr
December 11th, 2009, 10:50 PM
On a side note...is it 2012 when App goes out to Missoula to play as part of home-home series?

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM
On a side note...is it 2012 when App goes out to Missoula to play as part of home-home series?

Nope. Montana goes to App first.

Zangzigger
December 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
App State---31
Montana---28

Shellin
December 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Nope. Montana goes to App first.

That was smart of App State, this way when the world ends in 2012 they don't have to make the return trip to Missoula :p

grizband
December 11th, 2009, 11:03 PM
16 hours until kickoff.

SideLine Shooter
December 11th, 2009, 11:05 PM
WOW! Just saw on the news that Montana has over 2,000 tickets left for the ASU game, 16 hours away.
?xsmhx

Shellin
December 11th, 2009, 11:07 PM
WOW! Just saw on the news that Montana has over 2,000 tickets left for the ASU game, 16 hours away.
?xsmhx

Yeah, not really sure what the deal is with that one...pretty pathetic in my opinion. My best friend is graduating here tomorrow or else I would've driven back to Missoula for the game :(

CrackerRiley
December 11th, 2009, 11:08 PM
This game is on Streak for the Cash! hell yeah!

gbhmt
December 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Gotta get this thread to 100 pages before kickoff!

SideLine Shooter
December 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Gotta get this thread to 100 pages before kickoff!

no problem.xnodx

Grabholdofyosef
December 11th, 2009, 11:23 PM
AGHHHH!!!! I cant wait for this game. I am dead tired but cant get away from the computer because i am so fired up.

I just hope ASU comes out and plays hard and stays in the game. I still have nightmares about the second half last year when everything fell apart.

FCS Go!
December 11th, 2009, 11:24 PM
?xsmhx

That's better than last week. But still xsmhx

09griz
December 11th, 2009, 11:30 PM
Anybody surprised by the Villanova--WM score? I can't imagine the low score was due entirely to the defenses of either of those teams.

Skjellyfetti
December 11th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Anybody surprised by the Villanova--WM score? I can't imagine the low score was due entirely to the defenses of either of those teams.

It's hard to say. There are some good defenses in the CAA... but, I haven't seen a single offense in the conference that's all that impressive.

We heard for weeks that Richmond's "Stonewal Defense" would shut down App. We put up 35 and 444 yards of offense on them.

Nova is good... but, I don't think they've faced an offense like Montana's or App's. xnodx

GreatAppSt
December 11th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Montana's toast!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU
xlolx

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2009, 12:05 AM
It's hard to say. There are some good defenses in the CAA... but, I haven't seen a single offense in the conference that's all that impressive.

We heard for weeks that Richmond's "Stonewal Defense" would shut down App. We put up 35 and 444 yards of offense on them.

Nova is good... but, I don't think they've faced an offense like Montana's or App's. xnodx

Thats exactly what I was thinking watching the game. Both teams had very good front 4s but both of those quarterbacks were pretty bad tonight. Aside from the 98 yard touchdown, there wasnt a whole lot impressive from either teams passing offenses. I would be surprised if Nova could hold either UM or Appy under 25 points next friday. Camera angles sucked too. Not sure if that was ESPNs fault or if that is just how nova's stadium is setup.

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Montana's toast!

xlolx

xlolxWhat a cheap shot! HAHAxlolxxlolx

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Montana's toast!

xlolx

That was absolutely hilarious.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
?xsmhx

It's been beaten to death on Egriz...I personally think there is no excuse (except money and other obligations). But Cold is NO EXCUSE. We live in montana for cripes sake.

The more I think about it though, only dedicated fans will be there. Traveling is horrible right now, and the holidays are approaching. It's understandable...and nothing to get all jumped up about.

mistersykes
December 12th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Damn, I can't wait for this game! Can't sleep! GO APPS!

WyomingGrizFan
December 12th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Amanti Edwards must be around here in these parts somewhere. He must be within about four hundred miles of where I'm at, I can tell; the temperature has risen at least thirty-five degrees since two days ago (equivalent time of day readings) !!!

09griz
December 12th, 2009, 04:19 AM
I can't sleep. I keep turning over and over in my head who is gonna come out and make the first statement....not to mention the rest of the game!

I had a ticket to the game but I had to work...so I will be watching on TV and showing up late to work with the best excuse ever............."had to watch the Montana--Appalachian State game! Sorry boss!"

No joke.

AppStateold299
December 12th, 2009, 04:47 AM
I feel like that is a little premature (and I know it wasn't just you saying that, I've seen it a lot from both Griz and App State fans). Nova has a great defense and their offense didn't look terrible against another very good defense. It definitely won't be a walkover in Chatty no matter who plays the Wildcats.

I am not saying it will be a slaughter by any stretch of the imagination. I am saying that both of the teams that played last night looked very vulnerable. I believe (opinion) that both Montana and Appalachian are capable of beating both of those teams. It will be a good game either way, I just hope Appalachian gets a crack at that "good defense" of Villanova.

09griz
December 12th, 2009, 04:58 AM
By the way if we lost tomorrow I blame this on Bobby Hauck and his lazy "the bowl system is awesome" bull****. He's fishing for a job.

If anyone has listened to that interview they would realize that the playoffs, while being tough on players, do not take a "physical toll" on coaches. By the way, we play smashmouth football in Montana, Bobby....this isn't a sport for half assed bowl game enthusiasts.

That said, he is keeping this program up to snuff with what it deserves.

CamelCityAppFan
December 12th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Caught the 2nd half of the Nova-Bill'n'Mary game. Wasn't all that impressed either. I think Nova is beatable in the champ game, especially by either of the teams they will face.

The danger for both App and Montana is the let-down factor. This is the week that feels like National Championship week-- next week might seem like an afterthought, and allow Nova to sneak up on the Mountaineers or Grizzlies.

grizzpaw
December 12th, 2009, 06:29 AM
getting ready to go to the game only a 3 hour drive but can't wait any morexrotatehx! check in later tonight good luck to both teams have fun watchingxthumbsupx! everybody be safe xeyebrowxxwhistlex!

Ronbo
December 12th, 2009, 06:47 AM
I live in Missoula and I'm already up and prepping my wardrobe for the game. We can be such football geeks here.xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 07:04 AM

why?

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 07:13 AM
probably a downloaded podcast of the 2007 championship in chatty...you remember that don't you?:D

I do

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Man I'm so pumped I just can't hold it in, but App guys remember the game is 4 quarters...not 2, but 4. Lets hope we don't get a big lead and get all hot headed and then we have a collapse like SDSU.

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM

At least you don't have to go to a wedding today..I may get to see 1 quarter of it, however I have had it recorded ever since Sunday!

Skjellyfetti
December 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Man I'm so pumped I just can't hold it in, but App guys remember the game is 4 quarters...not 2, but 4. Lets hope we don't get a big lead and get all hot headed and then we have a collapse like SDSU.

And let's hope we don't give up at halftime and call for the coach's head if we are down 7.

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Armanti will lead us to a W

AppStateold299
December 12th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Armanti will lead us to a W

I really hope so! I am hoping that SUPERMAN is beginning to dawn his cape for 2 more wins as a Mountaineer!

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I really hope so! I am hoping that SUPERMAN is beginning to dawn his cape for 2 more wins as a Mountaineer!
Yeah it would be so fitting for him to go out on top.

AppStateold299
December 12th, 2009, 08:00 AM
I know it is hopeful dreaming, but it is the only way to end such an amazing collegiate career. He is an amazing athlete and person. Here is hoping that Montana didn't bring their kryptonite today.

grizband
December 12th, 2009, 08:09 AM
7 hours until kickoff - man, I can't wait. I've anticipated this game more than any I can remember in recent history!

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Who will be left to post in the thread or the official game thread when we all go out to the stadium and/or viewing parties?

paul1978
December 12th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Who will be left to post in the thread or the official game thread when we all go out to the stadium and/or viewing parties?

Homers that stayed home. xnutsx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Wow, not a sellout? Two things I assumed i knew yesterday was the Nova game would be poorly attended and the Montana game would be a sellout, oh well looks like I was wrong

Esko
December 12th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Montana's toast!

xlolx

Wow, I had completely forgotten about that ad.....thank you.

"Oh look, an eagle"

Esko
December 12th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Definitely tossed and turned all night just hoping it was time to get up and come to work so I can leave and drive to Boone to watch the game. If I can't be in Missoula I'm sure as hell gonna be in Boone for it.

Go App!!!

paul1978
December 12th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Wow, not a sellout? Two things I assumed i knew yesterday was the Nova game would be poorly attended and the Montana game would be a sellout, oh well looks like I was wrong

You should be use to being wron car i bean hen. xlolx

KiddBrewer
December 12th, 2009, 09:01 AM

why those hosting the viewing parties, ofcourse!xthumbsupxxsmiley_wix

grizband
December 12th, 2009, 09:10 AM
6 hours...until amarmagedon

UncleSam
December 12th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Go Griz, kick ASU's butts all the way back to Boone!

Ronbo
December 12th, 2009, 09:18 AM

There will be at least 24,000 and the stadium will look soldout.

The threat of cold and a snow storm has scared some.

UncleSam
December 12th, 2009, 09:26 AM

Not surprising at all, W&M absolutely totally shut down (3 total points for Weber & SIU) what non CAA fans were crowing about as high powered offenses. Fortunately for Nova, neither ASU or Montana play defense anywhere near as well as W&M.

JWASU10
December 12th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Not surprising at all, W&M absolutely totally shut down (3 total points for Weber & SIU) what non CAA fans were crowing about as high powered offenses. Fortunately for Nova, neither ASU or Montana play defense anywhere near as well as W&M.

Fortunately for ASU (or Montana) Nova doesn't play offense like those two.

BEAR
December 12th, 2009, 09:53 AM
What time is gametime and what channel? I saw the Nova game yesterday so I figure it'll be on the same channel.

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 09:54 AM
What time is gametime and what channel? I saw the Nova game yesterday so I figure it'll be on the same channel.4 est. ESPN

mlbowl
December 12th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Fortunately for Nova, neither ASU or Montana play defense anywhere near as well as W&M.

Next stop...SUPER BOWL!!!...Give it a rest...we get it!xrolleyesx

HappyAppy13
December 12th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Go Griz, kick ASU's butts all the way back to Boone!

that'd be a really strong leg!!xnodx

ASU_Fanatic
December 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
that'd be a really strong leg!!xnodxTo say the least.

Poker Alan
December 12th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Its gameday! Heading out for the pregame tailgating, looking forward to what should be an awesome game.

HappyAppy13
December 12th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Hi-Hi- Yikas
Nobody like us,
We are the
mountaineers,
mountaineers,
mountaineers,
Always a-winning
Always a-grinning
Always a-feeling fine
You bet, hey
Go Apps!
Fight Apps!
Go, fight, KICK A$$!!!!!!!!

soo ready for this game! going to be so epic! GOOOOO APPALACHIAN!! :)

phoenixphanatic21
December 12th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Has scared some? Hell that would make me even more psyched for a game. I'm looking forward to a great game today. Here's to a good game played by both teams.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 11:10 AM
You should be use to being wron car i bean hen. xlolx

somewhere in this thread I predicted Montana 34 App St 28 in OTxlolx

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2009, 11:13 AM
I am almost afraid to ask but whats the game time temp looking like, are we above 28?

HappyAppy13
December 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I am almost afraid to ask but whats the game time temp looking like, are we above 28?

http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/hourbyhour/graph/USMT0231?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

21 at 4:00 with snow

3PeatNation
December 12th, 2009, 11:17 AM
this is going to be a rough game for the apps but we made it this far and we dont want to stop

paward
December 12th, 2009, 11:18 AM
Good Luck to both teams today! Here is to a good game and healthy outcome.

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2009, 11:23 AM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/hourbyhour/graph/USMT0231?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

21 at 4:00 with snow

I LOVE IT!!!

HappyAppy13
December 12th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I LOVE IT!!!

ohh yea!! great football weather, but aint NO golfing in that mess!!xsmhx

3PeatNation
December 12th, 2009, 11:29 AM
i wonder if without hillary playing it will make a difference, seeing we won our first 2 without him maybe not but its still a loss for us

LacesOut
December 12th, 2009, 11:30 AM
C'mon Montana!!!!!

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 12:55 PM
C'mon Montana!!!!!:p:p:p

Tailbone
December 12th, 2009, 01:43 PM
....... its still a loss for us

Cool! a prophecy from the hinterland!

Tribe07
December 12th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Do me a favor. Whoever wins this game, kick the &%$^%$^# out of Villanova for me.

ddmann
December 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Roger that Tribe. Would love to see the griz get #3

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 02:18 PM
time for one last post on this thread.

Montana is TOAST!xnodx

boonegoon
December 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Welcome to the ESPN Heisman pregame show. Brought to you by the NCAA Division 1 National Semifinal game!

APP SHOOTER
December 12th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Great game Griz. Good luck next Friday night

AppIAA
December 12th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Any montana fans need tix??? got a hotel room and tix for them!!!

p.s. i will be rooting for the grizz!!!!!

DG Cowboy
December 12th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Evidently the App receivers hands were affected by the Montana cold. Really good game, with no quit on any play by both teams.

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evidently the App receivers hands were affected by the Montana cold. Really good game, with no quit on any play by both teams.

Weather doesnt affect appy state nor does the crowd. xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

Course our qb was 11 for 27..... musta been the weather cause he was cold! lol

HiHiYikas
December 12th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Looking forward to when the good Griz fans get back from celebrating and start posting on AGS. Great win for you guys, but your online fanbase is skewing a bit boorish, and I know you guys are better than that.

tampa_griz
December 12th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Easily one of the best college games I've ever watched. AE is a freakin' stud and deserves another Payton.

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 08:01 PM
APP IS TOAST.xbawlingxxthumbsupx Good luck Griz!xnodx

GolfingGriz
December 12th, 2009, 08:06 PM
AE was absolutely the real deal! I have never seen a quarterback so calm and comfortable with the ball. Great game to be at, and cannot wait to watch it again and again.

To the App State fans I wanted to say that all of the ones that I met were first class and cannot wait for our home and away. The only thing that would make this better is if we meet again in the playoffs before then. Maybe at the rock this time.;)

Native
December 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Easily one of the best college games I've ever watched. AE is a freakin' stud and deserves another Payton.

Nice post! xthumbsupx

fencer24
December 12th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Congratulations to the Mountaineers, and especially Armanti Edwards for a fantastic season. I just got back and managed to thaw out enough to type. I know that the temp wasn't that low, but that damned Hellgate wind made it look like arctic tundra instead of a football field.
I am sure that these two teams will be seeing each other again next year.

GreatAppSt
December 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Congratulations to the Mountaineers, and especially Armanti Edwards for a fantastic season. I just got back and managed to thaw out enough to type. I know that the temp wasn't that low, but that damned Hellgate wind made it look like arctic tundra instead of a football field.
I am sure that these two teams will be seeing each other again next year.

TYxthumbsupx

WVAPPmountaineer
December 12th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Weather doesnt affect appy state nor does the crowd. xsmiley_wixxsmiley_wix

Course our qb was 11 for 27..... musta been the weather cause he was cold! lol

Wasn't there - don't know but we have played is some really bad weather and a hard driving cold rain is worse than snow - Also when you guys play Michigan in front of 110,000 or LSU in front of 90,000 then you might understand crowd noise -

Ronbo
December 12th, 2009, 09:54 PM
Yeah right. I talked to an App fan at halftime that said he was at Michigan and LSU and this was the loudest game he's ever been to. Oh yeah I guess he was just lying to be nice. Not!

TokyoGriz
December 12th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Wasn't there - don't know but we have played is some really bad weather and a hard driving cold rain is worse than snow - Also when you guys play Michigan in front of 110,000 or LSU in front of 90,000 then you might understand crowd noise -

True having not been to a game at those stadiums on the field with a decibel meter in hand no one can say WA griz stadium is louder. But each game is its own creature. It was loud there, even I could hear the roar/screams of the crowd on the radio. You couldnt hear the Refs announcments even with mics alot.

Bottom line is the crowd did have some affect on the game both in miscues (offsides maybe botched plays due to miscommunication) and the weather factored in big time just like I thought it would.

DX Man
December 12th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Congratulations to Montana! Great game. Great team, Great fans...Good Luck next week!

Yote 53
December 12th, 2009, 10:08 PM
WOW. I have to say what a game. I came away thinking what has South Dakota got itself into having to compete with all that is Montana (obviously we came to FCS to get to the top). That environment was freaking crazy. The whole coutnry took notice, I was getting calls all game from buddies all over the place. Good luck next week, Griz. Looks like the Yotes have a lot of work to do to roll like you guys do.

Grizaholic17
December 12th, 2009, 10:28 PM
A Couple Things
1.) I would just like to say, I WAS ON ESPN. I received about 11 texts from people telling me I was...so you probably all saw me and didn't even notice (granted it was only for 30 seconds twice). My response to each one of those texts was "why aren't you here in person?" :p

2. What a game. This was undoubtedly the greatest game I have ever been to in Wa/Griz for the atmosphere and for the game. The snow was AWESOME!!! If it's going to be cold it might as well snow. Also, the fans throughout the game kept a steady "yelp" whenever App had the ball. It was great.

3. Armanti Edwards and Devin Moore (sp?) were both spectacular tonight. They played their hearts out and left it all on the field. I was surprised to hear the after game stats that Appy had around 500 yards of offense, I was thinking our "D" was fairing pretty well. But thinking about it, we had blocked field goals and gave up those plays at the end of the game...so the offense had no trouble moving that ball, but the Griz Defense stepped up when they needed to.

4. It was mentioned by an earlier poster, but I will say it again. AE looked WAY too comfortable in the pocket. I was getting very frustrated that every time we had pressure and almost had a sack, he would launch a ball down the field (and had it completed 50% of the time).

5. Congrats to all the App St. Players and fans that made it to the game...I heard some App fans talking about the noise, didn't us Griz fans mention it was going to be loud? :p I will say though, it didn't affect the App team too much (minus 4 or so false starts).

6. App brought a lot of class with them to this game, except one player that decided to taunt the crowd...BIG MISTAKE on his part. I believe he was heckled throughout the rest of the game (not by me).

7. Overall, a nicely called game by the refs...nothing to complain about here. They gave some and took some but did it evenly on both sides. :clap:

8. A few horrible pictures of the field after the game...only ones I took, sorry.
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/Stormthefield.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/stormthefield1.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/umgrizzliesfootball/stormthefield2.jpg

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 13th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Congrats to the Griz! What a game! What a stadium! What a crowd! Nothing like making all 60 seconds count! Good luck next week. Nova vs Montana promises to be a great showcase.

It is sad to see the end of the AE era. Let's hope he finds a place to keep playing.

One note. Edwards was great thowing the ball under pressure. However, I was somewhat surprized to see him stay in the pocket so much and not take off as he has always seemed to have done in previous years. I always thought his legs were his real weapon, but tonight it was his poise under pressure and his arm.... Could his legs (on a rollout or QB Draw) have made a difference over the last 4 yards tonight?

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 01:15 AM
Congrats to the Griz! What a game! What a stadium! What a crowd! Nothing like making all 60 seconds count! Good luck next week. Nova vs Montana promises to be a great showcase.

It is sad to see the end of the AE era. Let's hope he finds a place to keep playing.

One note. Edwards was great thowing the ball under pressure. However, I was somewhat surprized to see him stay in the pocket so much and not take off as he has always seemed to have done in previous years. I always thought his legs were his real weapon, but tonight it was his poise under pressure and his arm.... Could his legs (on a rollout or QB Draw) have made a difference over the last 4 yards tonight?

Let's not even think of the possibilities if he had run on that last play...scares the bejeezees out of me. xeekx

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 01:20 AM
I'm guessing this has been posted somewhere...but if you're just logging on...here are the highlights.

http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8567&m=18

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I'm guessing this has been posted somewhere...but if you're just logging on...here are the highlights.

http://montanagrizzlies.com/pages/news_item.aspx?n=8567&m=18

I've been sitting waiting for it to buffer for the last 25 mins...

TokyoGriz
December 13th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I've been sitting waiting for it to buffer for the last 25 mins...

ya me too... thought it was just my comp. up to like the 7 min mark its been buffering for like an hour?

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 01:25 AM
ya me too... thought it was just my comp. up to like the 7 min mark its been buffering for like an hour?

So it's not just me???? haha

I bet everyone on Egriz and here have been overloading the site doing the same exact thing.

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 01:26 AM

It's probably a mix of server overload and uploading a lot of stuff at once. A lot of people are probably logged on right now and they just uploaded a lot of stuff about this game.

B&G
December 13th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Apparently AE banged up his knee in the 2nd quarter according to Jerry Moore's postgame press conference. And the cold weather probably kept it from loosening up. Otherwise I would have fully expected to take the final seconds into his own hands.

Great game to the Griz.

TokyoGriz
December 13th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Apparently AE banged up his knee in the 2nd quarter according to Jerry Moore's postgame press conference. And the cold weather probably kept it from loosening up. Otherwise I would have fully expected to take the final seconds into his own hands.

Great game to the Griz.

Cold weather doesnt affect app state players they said so. xsmiley_wix

To be honest I fully expected him to just saunter in to the end zone myself as well.

Finally got the highlights downloaded baby what a game! xnodx

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 02:13 AM

Great game to the Griz.

I can't find this press conference anywhereee

gbhmt
December 13th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I can't find this press conference anywhereee

http://anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67253

CFallsGriz
December 13th, 2009, 03:26 AM

But not you Ronbo. You were not scared.

In fact, you predicted a loss and were not afraid at all, as you had already given up.

Puss. Were you afraid when "your team" began to win, and could smell victory?

No hard feelins' though.

So Ronbo, how much will Villy beat us by?xcoffeex

Only a traitor picks "his" teams' opposition by a small margin. Q: If it's gonna be close, why not pick your team?
A: because you are not loyal, and your "sack" is the size of a marble...yeah, just one marble.

I don't support everything UM does, but at least I pick them in a close one. You should check out the VU fan forum to see if you can help them win.
Hmmmm....?
Ronbo.....?
You are a traitor.

And you have alot of ass-kissing to do. So, better get to it, eh buddy?
At least Alpha and those of his ilk consistently pick against UM. You, on the other hand, do that when convenient.

Puss.xnonox

Grizaholic17
December 13th, 2009, 03:32 AM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

party foul. You can't lie the way you think a game is going to go. I don't penalize Ronbo for picking against the Griz...everyone of us was thinking the same thing...it was absolutely up in the air. I felt good today going into the stadium. It was a special night.

I would have hoped you to be a bigger person in this situation. You come on AGS and decide to exploit a griz fan? yes, a GRIZ fan. I can not express my disappointment any more than saying you, sir, are cowardly in your 27th post. On to villanova and a great game. Move on.

TokyoGriz
December 13th, 2009, 04:09 AM
party foul. You can't lie the way you think a game is going to go. I don't penalize Ronbo for picking against the Griz...everyone of us was thinking the same thing...it was absolutely up in the air. I felt good today going into the stadium. It was a special night.

I would have hoped you to be a bigger person in this situation. You come on AGS and decide to exploit a griz fan? yes, a GRIZ fan. I can not express my disappointment any more than saying you, sir, are cowardly in your 27th post. On to villanova and a great game. Move on.

I concur xsmhx

Moving on baby...

fightingphoenix
December 13th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Watched the game on TV, and what a game! The player that impressed me the most was Chase Reynolds.

RadMann
December 13th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Congrats to the Montana folks. I always like to see that program do well if my alma mater can't make it.

Poker Alan
December 13th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Another Griz fan to check in here ... I think I will be echoing the sentiments of many... that was the most epic game I have attended. Armanti is the real deal, and sitting in the north end zone, I was 100% confident the game was going to overtime when they had those shots at the end. I congratulate the Mountaineers on a hell of a game, that is what is was supposed to be about.

*85 is the player that was taunting the Griz fans, didn't see him do much during the game.

Rekdiver
December 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
No let down Griz or you dishonor the game which after waching should have been the title game. Hats off to Reynolds. He's a "mudder" You definitely earned the trip to chatty........

WVAPPmountaineer
December 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Cold weather doesnt affect app state players they said so. xsmiley_wix

To be honest I fully expected him to just saunter in to the end zone myself as well.

Finally got the highlights downloaded baby what a game! xnodx

Just so you know and others who might not be aware - Armanti was playing with a partial tear/strain in his MCL - He has not been close to 100% since the first half of the Elon game (when he was hurt by them for the 2nd year in a row) - He looked good last night but he has lost some of his explosion because of the injured knee - He had to sit out the final game of the season and was not allowed to run against SCSU - This is not to take one thing away from Montana - they were clearly the best team we played this year and that includes East Carolina - the USA Conference Champions - But AE was not 100% ---- not an excuse-just a fact ----

CFallsGriz
December 13th, 2009, 12:32 PM

A bigger person?

Exploit?

You're a laugh too.

ASU_Fanatic
December 13th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Did anyone else notice the time when I think Quick caught that ball with about :45 left and then all of a sudden for the next play the clock went down to like :30, just curious what happened there.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2009, 08:38 PM
somewhere in this thread I predicted Montana 34 App St 28 in OTxlolx

Was this close enough to gloat a little?