PDA

View Full Version : Saint Francis Announces Resignation of Head Coach

CSN Log
November 30th, 2009, 07:40 PM
11-30-2009 08:33 PM

Saint Francis Announces Resignation of Head Coach

Saint Francis University Director of Athletics Bob Krimmel announced on Monday afternoon that head football coach Dave Opfar has submitted his letter of resignation after eight seasons on the sidelines in Loretto.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/30/saint-francis-announces-resignation-of-h?blog=2#more5898)

aceinthehole
November 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
This guy was a class act. His team had a bad record, but they were well prepared and played hard.

He lost his wife last year and rallied around his football family. I wish him the best in his next endevor.

DetroitFlyer
December 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
I sure would like to see Chris become the permanent head coach. Long time NFL veteran, IUP grad, knows the area inside out, and one heck of a smart individual. Having an ex-NFL player as a head coach can really help with recruiting. Every kid, even if it is a very remote possibility, likes to think they could play in the NFL. Having a head coach with "connections" might help a bit. Especially a kid like Chris who came out of a Division II school and enjoyed a succesful NFL career. He has experience coming from a small, relatively unknown school, and making it to the NFL.... SFUP needs an extra spark to recruit in Western PA. EVERYBODY recruits there, the PFL, Ivy, NEC, FBS, lower divisions, etc. SFUP needs an edge and I think Chris could be that edge....