PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Robinson Award Candidates Announced

CSN Log
November 24th, 2009, 10:00 AM
11-23-2009 10:37 PM

2009 Robinson Award Candidates Announced

Twenty candidates, including three former winners, were named Monday to The Sports Network’s Eddie Robinson Award ballot.

That listing, along with ballots for the Walter Payton and Buck Buchanan awards, were released and distributed to voters on Monday. Voting will be conducted this week and winners will be announced on Thursday, Dec. 17 during the 23nd annual Sports Network awards dinner at the Marriott Hotel in Chattanooga, TN, the night before the NCAA Division I Football Championship game.

Read more ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/index.php/2009/11/23/2009-robinson-award-candidates-announced?blog=2#more5871)

phoenix3
November 25th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Elon is 9-2 not 8-3, Coulson. Jeez man, do your own research!

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM
That's a great list. I would lean towards Laycock, right now, but that's probably some CAA bias coming through.

He's got a great body of work and has done an excellent job this year.

Hoyadestroya85
November 25th, 2009, 01:36 AM
That's a great list. I would lean towards Laycock, right now, but that's probably some CAA bias coming through.

He's got a great body of work and has done an excellent job this year.

How about Andy Talley who Laycock and his colleagues picked as CAA coach of the year?

mcveyrl
November 25th, 2009, 03:05 AM
How about Andy Talley who Laycock and his colleagues picked as CAA coach of the year?

Talley will probably win it. But he was supposed to have a good squad. Laycock took a squad that wasn't supposed to be good and had them within a few points of winning the conference.

MM was in the same position as Talley last year and he won it, so Talley will probably win it this year but I didn't think MM should've won it last year.

Skjellyfetti
November 25th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I would have voted for Huesman at Chattanooga. Sorry to see that he was not included.

PhoenixPhan06
November 25th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Congrats Pete!! Now lets win a few games and make some noise in the playoffs!!