PDA

View Full Version : Holy Cross @ Villanova

Pages : 1 2 [3]

AAadict
November 28th, 2009, 11:23 PM
Oh, and Dominic Randolph should be playing on Sundays next year.

Best QB I saw all year.

crusader11
November 28th, 2009, 11:37 PM
Best QB I saw all year.

It's hard for him because he gets extremely limited exposure playing in the PL. Once on the national stage, though, he certainly opened plenty of eyes. Too bad we couldn't have gotten past Nova so he could have been exposed just that much more.

Hoyadestroya85
November 28th, 2009, 11:40 PM
It's also crappy that he had to sit behind Rob Schoenhoft in High School, if Randolph had gone to a different High School, he could have gone just about anywhere.

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 11:44 PM
You know what Hoyadestroya? You're a schmuck and VU football (4,300 attendence today) is a joke too.

Villanova football is small-time for a reason...no history and no class.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:46 PM
You know whatHoyadestroya? You're a schmuck and VU football (4,300 attendence today) is a joke too.

Playoff attendance is always never correct. That has been going on for ever.

Not sure why hoya ticked ya off so much. The reff whining had no real basis but nothing he said was classless.

Sader87
November 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
He was whining about calls against VU in earlier posts....it's just frustrating, HC should still be playing 1-A football and not playing in the jerk-water that is FCS/1-AA football.

AAadict
November 28th, 2009, 11:52 PM
You know what Hoyadestroya? You're a schmuck and VU football (4,300 attendence today) is a joke too.

Villanova may be a bit distacted from FCS football by their Top 5 bball team playing on the same day. I thought the stadium looked pretty full.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:55 PM
He was whining about calls against VU in earlier posts....it's just frustrating, HC should still be playing 1-A football and not playing in the jerk-water that is FCS/1-AA football.

LOL....this has to be the post of the night... xeekx

AAadict
November 28th, 2009, 11:56 PM

Wow! HC in FBS? Good luck with your new level of recruiting and your 30k fans a game. I enjoyed watching HC play today but that defense couldn't stop a D3 team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Wow! HC in FBS? Good luck with your new level of recruiting and your 30k fans a game. I enjoyed watching HC play today but that defense couldn't stop a D3 team.

You should hear them during bball season. There's a good number that think their bball team should also be in the Big East. Delusional....

crusader11
November 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM

That offense though, pretty good huh? Definitely real fun to watch at least.

I honestly didn't think Dom was the only potential NFL player on our offense. Tight End Alex Schneider (#97), is only a sophomore and is 6-7 250, he will only get bigger and better in his next two seasons. Had a great game today.

crusader11
November 28th, 2009, 11:59 PM
You should hear them during bball season. There's a good number that think their bball team should also be in the Big East. Delusional....

25 years ago we probably should have been.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Shut up...it wouldn't take much finagling...HC was a 1-A football school as late as 1981.

The CAA is probably a better conference than the 1-A MAC or Sun Belt.

Granted, where HC would go (Big East?) is the biggest problem....but no one gives two ****s about FCS football.

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 12:04 AM

I honestly didn't think Dom was the only potential NFL player on our offense. Tight End Alex Schneider (#97), is only a sophomore and is 6-7 250, he will only get bigger and better in his next two seasons. Had a great game today.

QB, TE, and a couple receivers looked real good. Championship O. Struggled on D. My hat is off to the Offensive Coord. A very fun offense to watch.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:05 AM
Holy Cross football has never been world beaters. I just looked at their history and they were good in the 30's, 50's and 80's. Other than that they were pretty bad. Not sure how that translates to being an FBS team. Holy Cross basketball has been much better, longer then their football team if that means anything.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 12:06 AM
QB, TE, and a couple receivers looked real good. Championship O. Struggled on D. My hat is off to the Offensive Coord. A very fun offense to watch.

Bill Edger (#82) was excellent today, save that drop on 3rd and 10 when we were driving in Nova's end.

Real proud to be a Crusader today. Everyone on this board wrote this game off as a blowout...we came to play and gave the Cats all they could handle. What is so encouraging about this team and the team next year, is that Nova didn't even seem to have an off day. Imagine if they did though....

Hoyadestroya85
November 29th, 2009, 12:06 AM
Shut up...it wouldn't take much finagling...HC was a 1-A football school as late as 1981.

Granted, where HC would go (Big East?) is the biggest problem....but no one gives two ****s about FCS football.

ok.. THEN WHY ARE YOU POSTING ON AN FCS MESSAGE BOARD. You guys had a good team, gave us a scare for a while and I actually clapped for them as they were headed into the locker room. HC is fine where it is now, and once the Patriot League gets some sense knocked into them, they will be competitive again.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:07 AM

Holy Cross had 5 winning season their last 20 years in I-A. That was obviously working out great.

Lehigh Football Nation
I actually figured it'd be nice this year if there was some recognition of a good season and decent showing from the PL champ rather than lamentations over their legitimacy and ability that has been seen in recent season

The fact is that losing in the 1st round regularly isn't good enough, shouldn't be good enough, but quite frankly is all the League has accomplished post-2003. Getting sent to a seeded team is a tough draw for anyone (at least our league rep didn't give up 61 points xeekx), but the League has been stagnent for several years now. What can be done to change that reality? And are those steps we as a League are willing to take? For further reference, see every thread from the last year with "Patriot League" or "Fordham" in the title.... xreadx

It is true that next to the term "moral victory" in Wikipedia, one might be able to put a Patriot League logo next to the CAA's... xoopsx

Once upon a time, the gap between the top teams of the CAA and the Patriot League was not that large. Now, it is. Period. The depth and athleticism of a Villanova is really incredible to behold, and it's a much more difficult assignment to beat them now than it was.

crusader11
Holy Cross football has never been world beaters. I just looked at their history and they were good in the 30's, 50's and 80's. Other than that they were pretty bad. Not sure how that translates to being an FBS team. Holy Cross basketball has been much better, longer then their football team if that means anything.

After reading through this entire thread, you clearly have had something out for Holy Cross. Not sure what it is, but your constant criticism of our team and how the game was going to go was pretty comical as we were in it until about 5 minutes left.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Holy Cross went to the Orange Bowl in 1946....just sayin.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:08 AM
After reading through this entire thread, you clearly have had something out for Holy Cross. Not sure what it is, but your constant criticism of our team and how the game was going to go was pretty comical as we were in it until about 5 minutes left.

Provide the facts please? I'd love to see them. I have nothing against Holy Cross. I'm just pointing out some facts that i have.

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 12:12 AM

You couldn't be more wrong. You confuse media attention with collegiate athletics. I guess no one gives two turds about Jazz music because Brittany Spears fills stadiums. Go recruit the next Pac Man Jones for your Big East HC. I'm happy with FCS and I enjoyed watching HC shred the Villanova D. My Hens couldn't even get a touchdown.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
I'm just sick of reading posts on how Villanova "invented" football....they play in a high school type facility and have nowhere the history that Holy Cross football does.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:14 AM
Holy Cross went to the Orange Bowl in 1946....just sayin.

PL Bowl History
Bucknell 1936 Orange
Georgetown 1941 Orange
Fordham 1941 Cotton, 1942 Sugar

My point, what does it matter now?

Hoyadestroya85
November 29th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Bill Edger (#82) was excellent today, save that drop on 3rd and 10 when we were driving in Nova's end.

Real proud to be a Crusader today. Everyone on this board wrote this game off as a blowout...we came to play and gave the Cats all they could handle. What is so encouraging about this team and the team next year, is that Nova didn't even seem to have an off day. Imagine if they did though....

Villanova didn't have a total off day, you're right. However, Villanova's best defensive player (Tim Kukucka, DE) missed the entire first half so that was definitely a factor. That being said though, I think that this was the second worst defensive performance by the team this year behind UNH. I thought there was some questionable officiating and i'm usually pretty rational about that sort of thing. You guys did do well with what you were dealt though.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:20 AM
I'm just sick of reading posts on how Villanova "invented" football....they play in a high school type facility and have nowhere the history that Holy Cross football does.

Not sure of this great Holy Cross football history? I must be missing something. They were never a very good FBS program. Villanova actually has more Bowl appearances. They're also more recent. The majority of their success and winning seasons have come in FCS. The records speak for themselves. Not sure what information you can provide to back up your arguement.

The finished the season ranked 5 whopping times in FBS, 37, 38, 42, 45, 51. In contrast this year will mark 9th time in 29 seasons of FCS play.

I really have nothing against HC but some of this banter makes no sense.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:21 AM
All I have to say is that no video and only HC/Worcester local audio= small potatoes....FCS football is a joke, I freely admit it. The sooner we get out of it, the better.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Well, if you want to play the injury card, if we had our entire defensive unit in, things may have been different. Maybe our best defensive lineman (Alex Carson), was out with an injury for virtually the entire game, and our two best linebackers weren't able to dress (Sean Lamkin and Andrew Cialino). Things certainly could have been different up front with those 3 guys.

As for the officiating. There were two PI calls that were questionable, sure, I'll give you that. One of them was a 1st and 10 from midfield and it was about a 6 yard pass. Did that PI call really make a difference in that drive? No, because instead of 1st and 10 from about the 50, it turned into 1st and 10 from the Nova 44.

The second PI call was on 3rd down? Correct me if I am wrong though. So, sure, I guess that factored into it.

But, the worst call of the day, that had BY FAR the biggest outcome on the game, was the non-fumble call on Villanova. Of all the calls by the officials, this one was clearly the worst. They called forwards progress on the Nova running back, as he was moving forward mind you, and we proceeded to strip the ball. No one could hear a whistle, yet apparently the official called the play dead. Just several plays later Nova went on to score.

Please, stop moaning about the officiating, are you that insecure you only beat Holy Cross by 10 points?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:23 AM
All I have to say is that no video and only HC/Worcester local audio= small potatoes....FCS football is a joke, I freely admit it. The sooner we get out of it, the better.

Get the troops and go my man. You knocked them dead the first go around in FBS, why not try again?

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Bad officiating? Hoyadestroya...you got a pure gift from the officiating gods on that fumble. You know that was a fumble as did everyone in the stadium. That was by far the biggest gift I saw a team get all year!

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM
No one gives 2 poops about games attended by 4 to 15,000 and no TV...it might as well be Texas or Ohio high school football.

I just think Holy Cross would be better off either going 1-A, which they have the facilities and fan-base (if they go 1-A) to do so or go D3 for football and join the NESCAC with similar academic schools.

1-AA is a level NO ONE cares about.

Hoyadestroya85
November 29th, 2009, 12:32 AM
Well, if you want to play the injury card, if we had our entire defensive unit in, things may have been different. Maybe our best defensive lineman (Alex Carson), was out with an injury for virtually the entire game, and our two best linebackers weren't able to dress (Sean Lamkin and Andrew Cialino). Things certainly could have been different up front with those 3 guys.

As for the officiating. There were two PI calls that were questionable, sure, I'll give you that. One of them was a 1st and 10 from midfield and it was about a 6 yard pass. Did that PI call really make a difference in that drive? No, because instead of 1st and 10 from about the 50, it turned into 1st and 10 from the Nova 44.

The second PI call was on 3rd down? Correct me if I am wrong though. So, sure, I guess that factored into it.

But, the worst call of the day, that had BY FAR the biggest outcome on the game, was the non-fumble call on Villanova. Of all the calls by the officials, this one was clearly the worst. They called forwards progress on the Nova running back, as he was moving forward mind you, and we proceeded to strip the ball. No one could hear a whistle, yet apparently the official called the play dead. Just several plays later Nova went on to score.

Please, stop moaning about the officiating, are you that insecure you only beat Holy Cross by 10 points?

Insecure? A win is a win is a win is a win. I've been trying my hardest to not take this personal and I don't understand how anything that I've said has been an indictment on anyone except the lackluster (at best) officials that were calling the game. I thought HC played hard, you had a hell of a season but unfortunately had to play a better football team.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:37 AM
No one gives 2 poops about games attended by 4 to 15,000 and no TV...it might as well be Texas or Ohio high school football.

I just think Holy Cross would be better off either going 1-A, which they have the facilities and fan-base (if they go 1-A) to do or go D3 for football and join the NESCAC with similar academic schools.

Hate to burst your bubble but Villanova averaged more fans this year than Holy Cross. The 'Cats averaged 9147, while the Crusaders were good for 7552. Never let the facts get in the way of a good arguement though. It makes for a good read. xpopcornx

I don't like Villanova in the least btw. However, nothing you're saying makes any sense. The numbers don't back you up one bit.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 12:41 AM
No one goes to HC games any more because NO ONE cares about the Patriot League.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 12:42 AM
Not surprising. This is going to be ugly....

TD 'Nova!! That was easy!!

TD 'Nova!!

HC needs to respond or it's going to be lights out. They have time and 3 timeouts.

I don't know if HC is going to get back in this game. I think they played about as well as they can and they're still down 14. I think it's all downhill from here for the Crusaders.

Villanova is in full control of the scoreboard and field position. HC needs to do something or the final nail in the coffin is coming.

Now the question is, is this Gilmore's last game coaching at HC? HC loses a ton of talent and i think it's safe to say they might be taking a big tumble next year.

Just seemed like you had it out for us.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 29th, 2009, 12:49 AM
Just seemed like you had it out for us.

Hardly slanting against HC. If nothing else i was pretty fair. I picked the game 38-16, saying the HC would kick fg's and not get touchdowns. My tone in the beginning of the game was in line with what a lot of people thought. HC was in trouble. My perspective clearly changed and when you put the comments in the context of time they make sense. 99% of HC fans were thinking the same thing when i posted those comments.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Hardly slanting against HC. If nothing else i was pretty fair. I picked the game 38-16, saying the HC would kick fg's and not get touchdowns. My tone in the beginning of the game was in line with what a lot of people thought. HC was in trouble. My perspective clearly changed and when you put the comments in the context of time they make sense. 99% of HC fans were thinking the same thing when i posted those comments.

OK ok, fair enough. I guess I was just bitter that no one was giving us a shot. Even just a shot to stay competitive with Nova.

And Sader87, I am ashamed that you are a Holy Cross alum. You portray our school and alumni in a very poor manner. Please, for the sake of our great college, stop posting your ludicrous thoughts.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 12:53 AM

I just think Holy Cross would be better off either going 1-A, which they have the facilities and fan-base (if they go 1-A) to do so or go D3 for football and join the NESCAC with similar academic schools.

Then get off the the board. You, as well as thousands of others, seem to clearly care about it.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Stuff it Crusader11....who the hell are you to be so almighty??? I am so very tired of HC alums happy or satisfied with life in the Patriot League.

crusader11
November 29th, 2009, 01:04 AM

I'll state my question again: Why do you post here then?

Native
November 29th, 2009, 01:05 AM
OK ok, fair enough. I guess I was just bitter that no one was giving us a shot. Even just a shot to stay competitive with Nova.

And Sader87, I am ashamed that you are a Holy Cross alum. You portray our school and alumni in a very poor manner. Please, for the sake of our great college, stop posting your ludicrous thoughts.

Congrats for getting to the dance, Crusader! Your team deserves credit for playing well today. xthumbsupx Better luck next time.

Sader87
November 29th, 2009, 01:12 AM
I'll state my question again: Why do you post here then?

Where else am i going to post? Being that HC is currently playing in the division of "misfit toys?"

Lehigh Football Nation
November 29th, 2009, 08:47 AM

I am so very tired of HC alums happy or satisfied with life in the Patriot League.

No one goes to HC games any more because NO ONE cares about the Patriot League.

Where else am i going to post? Being that HC is currently playing in the division of "misfit toys?"

I have to chalk up a lot of this to the fact that the Crusaders lost, though they battled hard and got at least one horrendous call go against them. I have to believe in a world with more conventional "football scholarships" that the Crusaders would have had a better chance at pulling off the upset.

But the coverage of the game was not the Patriot League's fault. Villanova appeared to give the impression to some people that they were going to stream the game online, but that never happened. IMO, that's bush league for a Division I sport. If Bucknell can stream all their home games, I've got to believe that Villanova could have arranged to do better than that. I'm deeply, deeply disappointed that they couldn't get one damn video stream for the game.

Just to be clear: it was not the Patriot League that was bush league about the broadcast. Direct your ire to Villanova, who made the choice to not stream the game, not the PL.

Ironically, had HC gotten a home game against UNH, it would definitely been streamed. :(

Lehigh Football Nation
November 29th, 2009, 08:50 AM

Apparently the New York Times disagrees with you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/29/sports/ncaafootball/29villanova.html

“He’s been incredibly consistent, he’s been incredibly productive, and he’s an incredible leader,” Gilmore said.

Later, he said, “It’s a completely different feeling at Holy Cross now.”

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2009, 09:49 AM

I'm hoping the Eagles draft Schneider!!

Pards Rule
November 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM

Crusader11, I was one who thought the HC team had a fighting chance here. Having watched the Pards perform admirably in 3 games they also were destined to be blown out (Delaware, AppState, and UMASS) I know that the playoffs bring out the best in a lot of PL teams..Good job yesterday in Nova!

Franks Tanks
November 29th, 2009, 10:09 AM

HC wouldnt qualify for FBS football, you need 15k in attendance.

FOr the last time you cant play D-III football and D-I in other sports.

NovaWildcat
November 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM

Not sure about that rule, seems like a myth that a lot of people throw around - - a ton of FBS teams average a lot less 15k.

As for Sader's argument, I feel the same way about Villanova to a lesser extent. I wouldn't go as far to say that "no one cares," however its very trivial football compared to the level that we compete in other sports. Our administration has ALWAYS shown a lack of commitment towards football.

Not sure why there wasn't video feed. That's minor league.

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2009, 11:51 AM

Not sure about that rule, seems like a myth that a lot of people throw around - - a ton of FBS teams average a lot less 15k.

I'm pretty sure you have to have 15,000 "paid or actual" attendance, per year, averaged over two years (or something like that). There is an actual NCAA rule; it's not a myth. I'm not sure what the penalty is if you don't, however. I don't know of any teams losing FBS status over the issue.

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 12:55 PM
I'm pretty sure you have to have 15,000 "paid or actual" attendance, per year, averaged over two years (or something like that). There is an actual NCAA rule; it's not a myth. I'm not sure what the penalty is if you don't, however. I don't know of any teams losing FBS status over the issue.

I think it is actually a stadium that holds 30k. Don't count teams who have been FBS for many years because they have "tenure" so to speak. App. St., Montana, and Delaware have 100 times a better chance to go FBS than HC...but I hope the Hen's never do.

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 01:08 PM

Keep posting Sader87. It gets my blood up. I love FCS (I-AA) football and have for many years. I know I don't matter compared to the 100,000 at a Penn State game. I just loved that V vs. HC game yesterday. My son and I watched TWO great QB's and some exciting FB. I'm sorry I just love this level of FB. At my fav FBS team (Terps) everyone majors in Letter and Sciences. Terps bball graduates less than 20%. I lov'em but...

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2009, 01:10 PM
"A Football Bowl Subdivision institution shall average at least 15,000 in actual OR paid
attendance for all home football contests over a rolling two-year period."

http://www1.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/b96a1b004e0d521d9a00fa1ad6fc8b25/Footballqa.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=b96a1b004e0d521d9a00fa1ad6fc8b25

AAadict
November 29th, 2009, 01:17 PM
"A Football Bowl Subdivision institution shall average at least 15,000 in actual OR paid
attendance for all home football contests over a rolling two-year period."

http://www1.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/b96a1b004e0d521d9a00fa1ad6fc8b25/Footballqa.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=b96a1b004e0d521d9a00fa1ad6fc8b25

Thanks for posting this. I had always heard that Delaware would have to expand stadium capacity to 30k to qualify. Just verbal never read the print. Thanks.

Bogus Megapardus
November 29th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Thanks for posting this. I had always heard that Delaware would have to expand stadium capacity to 30k to qualify. Just verbal never read the print. Thanks.

Welcome. I'm pretty sure Delaware qualifies "as is." I know that a number of other FCS colleges do as well. Also, some existing BCS schools don't seat 30,000, for sure.

colorless raider
November 29th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Welcome. I'm pretty sure Delaware qualifies "as is." I know that a number of other FCS colleges do as well. Also, some existing BCS schools don't seat 30,000, for sure.

That is why Congress should investigate restraint of trade by the NCAA.

UAalum72
November 29th, 2009, 04:07 PM
I think it is actually a stadium that holds 30k. Don't count teams who have been FBS for many years because they have "tenure" so to speak. App. St., Montana, and Delaware have 100 times a better chance to go FBS than HC...but I hope the Hen's never do.The 30,000-stadium was the original rule in the early 1980s (or it could be satisfied by an average 17,000 home attendance, or by being in a league with 17,000 average attendance - obviously written to keep certain teams in) but was changed to 15,000 actual attendance a couple of years ago. Still hasn't ever been enforced.

Go...gate
November 29th, 2009, 06:12 PM

He says the same sh-t about Colgate. :(

Go...gate
November 29th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Stuff it Crusader11....who the hell are you to be so almighty??? I am so very tired of HC alums happy or satisfied with life in the Patriot League.

Where the Hell were you when John Brooks, George Langdon and Peter Likens were drinking the Kool-Aid?

Go...gate
November 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Bottom line is that Cross played a good game and had a great season. Congratulations again on bringing HC football back to championship caliber again.

Go...gate
November 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Keep posting Sader87. It gets my blood up. I love FCS (I-AA) football and have for many years. I know I don't matter compared to the 100,000 at a Penn State game. I just loved that V vs. HC game yesterday. My son and I watched TWO great QB's and some exciting FB. I'm sorry I just love this level of FB. At my fav FBS team (Terps) everyone majors in Letter and Sciences. Terps bball graduates less than 20%. I lov'em but...

You hit it on the head. xnodx

Anovafan
November 29th, 2009, 06:33 PM
What a wild read this thread has become, some classic lines in there.

I have to change one of my prior posts, Randolph is better than Devlin, and was the best QB I have seen this year. That kid is the real deal. #8 rated NFL prospect might not be high enough. Man is he good. If the HC defense was a bit better, I think HC wins that game. I was holding my breath until the final gun.

Kudos to the HC fans for making the trip to the game. They outnumbered the Nova fans and were much louder. Not that hard to do, I know, but it made for a better game atmosphere.

Franks Tanks
November 29th, 2009, 09:22 PM

As for Sader's argument, I feel the same way about Villanova to a lesser extent. I wouldn't go as far to say that "no one cares," however its very trivial football compared to the level that we compete in other sports. Our administration has ALWAYS shown a lack of commitment towards football.

Not sure why there wasn't video feed. That's minor league.

The NCAA would probably be pretty strict with that for a team looking to move to FBS. They dont want more Eastern Michigans and Ball State with poor attendance.

ngineer
November 29th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Great effort Crusaders. Only got to hear the first half, but it sounded like a hell of a battle. You did the PL proud. Nova could go all the way...;)

jlcharles
November 30th, 2009, 01:45 AM
A few observations from the game.

Randolph is the best QB I've seen this year. How this kid ended up at a non-scholly school is beyond me. Does he have the size to make it to the NFL? He sure has the game.

The refs were ass. That sure looked like a fumble by Harvey to me. HC really got screwed on that one. The only thing I could think was they had to be Big Sky refs. (cough McNeese 2002 cough)

If not for that call and the drops by the HC WRs, we would have lost. Overall, really impressed by the way HC played offensively.

Our D is going to need to play better to beat UNH. It's horrible watching the DBs give a 10 yard cushion on every play. Could we bump a receiver once? Just once? Or maybe even block the gunners on the punt return. You'd think that's a prime time to bump a guy on the outside. The free releases suck.

Looking forward to the rematch next week.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 30th, 2009, 10:13 AM
Randolph is the best QB I've seen this year. How this kid ended up at a non-scholly school is beyond me. Does he have the size to make it to the NFL? He sure has the game.

If he were 6'5, he'd have been playing at Ball State I'm guessing. Ironically, the guy in front of him, Rob Schoenhoft, had the physical tools but was downright bad college QB, first at Ohio State and then at Delaware.

I think he's listed at 6'3. Not perfect, but IMO definitely someone who will get a shot at the NFL. Maybe even as draftee. It will depend on the combines and all that stuff.