PDA

View Full Version : Weber State @ William & Mary

Pages : 1 [2]

Green26
November 27th, 2009, 12:08 AM
My view is that some Griz have tried to provide some information on Weber, and some, but certainly not all, W&M fans have refused to listen. The attitude of some (not all) W&M posters is that Weber will not be able to run on W&M and W&M will win relatively easily because they have a great defense. That may be what happens, but my view is that it will be a much closer game and Weber will have a shot at winnng the game. While I want the best team to win, part of me wants Weber to win only because of some of the idiotic, uninformed and arrogant comments of some of the CAA supporters.

CAAisBOSS
November 27th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Weber WONT be able too run the ball. doesnt mean it wont be a good game.

rancher griz
November 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Weber State is probably the most volatile team in the field. They can play like a top 5 team one week and a .500 team the next. They have trouble against physical teams though. Montana State has the most physical defense in our conference and were able to force Weber into mistakes and steal the game. However, if they are firing on all cylinders, they are very tough to beat. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on W&M to win, but is seems as though the W&M/CAA fans are grossly overconfident going into this game. If your team shows that same amount of negligent confidence, Weber is going to roll them.

Proud Griz Man
November 27th, 2009, 12:47 AM
Nice post and excellent analysis! xthumbsupx

Only one bone of contention: The W&M WRs do not have an advantage over Weber's DBs, including NFL-bound Josh Morris, one of the best in the land, who shut down Ramses Barden last year in the playoffs.

xeyebrowx all this analysis that that the CAA is great and W&M is unstoppable. Why should Weber show up and play the game if wonderful -CAA Bill and Mary is there?

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Weber WONT be able too run the ball. doesnt mean it wont be a good game.

True. Neither New Hampshire or Richmond were able to run the ball on the Tribe, and both were great games. The question is whether the Weber defense can play well enough to win. Everything I hear is that their defense is better than the stats might show. They have some great athletes, and I'm anxious to see whether their defensive team speed is at the level of the better teams we've faced this year, and how well they tackle.

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Weber State is probably the most volatile team in the field. They can play like a top 5 team one week and a .500 team the next. They have trouble against physical teams though. Montana State has the most physical defense in our conference and were able to force Weber into mistakes and steal the game. However, if they are firing on all cylinders, they are very tough to beat. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on W&M to win, but is seems as though the W&M/CAA fans are grossly overconfident going into this game. If your team shows that same amount of negligent confidence, Weber is going to roll them.

The fact that they've had trouble with physical teams is probably why some W&M/CAA fans are confident. The CAA is a very physical league, and the Tribe defense is arguably the most physical, and fastest in the league this year. As to any over confidence on the part of the team, that would be the least of my concerns.

WyomingGrizFan
November 27th, 2009, 01:50 AM
However, we're banged up. Our starting LT and C are out with broken legs, our C going down last Saturday. Your D Line will have to be good to win the line of scrimmage.

As much as I'd luv to see Weber State win this one, what did I just say?...oh well, they are a fellow BSC member so that must have been it. I believe the key to the outcome could very well rest on the health of Weber's OL.
If the above is true, which I don't doubt, 'I Bleed Purple' is a well respected poster as far as I know, then C. Higgins could be rattled early and often, throughout the whole game in fact. Being but 'good' on the DL may just be all it takes to win that bout. If that happens I'd be mighty surprised to see Weber winning this one. It could get ugly.

Besides which, maybe it would be good for Weber to play off of #81 Toone and get others in the action: like #1 Mike Philips (6'1" 190) & #3 Joe Collins (6'3" 175) for instance. If Weber still had their TE #23 Cody Nakamura I'd give them a better chance on offense, but I think he's out for the season, if not mistaken. Trevyn Smith is a load, granted, one of the top rushers in net yards in BSC history, but...I don't think he can do it all alone this time of the season. Then its #8 Bo Bolen to have to rush for yards. He's good, but young; a year or so away from being pretty good. But for now...?

Then there's Weber's defense. Mighty young on the DL, except for Kevin Linehan (6'3" 245 - Sr) Seven to eight players amongst them Maiah Fa'atoafe (6'0" 280 - Fr), Ryan Eastman (6'0" 270 - So) & a greatness in waiting, Caldwell Taylor (6'5" 215 - So), are either freshman or sophomore. Their LBs are going to have to play pretty smart and physical: Taylor Sedillo (5'11" 235 - Jr) is good at that. The Safeties are going to have to help out as well. Sometimes I get the impression that it's like..."we got these great stats so these must be great players and all," sort of deal. Granted, they do have great individual players, and Toone & Smith & Higgins are that; but, is the entire team great? I don't know. If they didn't have as many injuries perhaps. They may have a good team but not as good as W & M though, IMHO. If William & M can sustain long drives rushing the ball that'll wear them out, especially in the second half against a young defensive line.

All things considered: W & M by two TDs.

LeadBolt
November 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM
This looks like a good match-up for a first round game. If anyone finds any good viewing options at the last minute let me know. The highlights of Toone were impressive. Here's hoping that Defense wins out over Offense and that special teams are even.

WMTribe90
November 27th, 2009, 09:33 AM
The game is longer shown on cbs all access (streaming video) after showing on there earlier in the week. Can anybody confirm whether or not there will be video for this game??

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 10:13 AM
W&M will win this one by at least 2 TDs.

Most likely 3 or 4...they do have that potent offense!

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 10:30 AM
The Griz have spoken? Is that supposed to mean something? I'm pretty sure nobody is listening.

apparently you are listening...read much?...my post was in response to 'theTribeHasSpoken's post "Griz fans are funny"...I guess it's funny that we expect our conference mates to do wellxrolleyesx....how dare we dream!

paul1978
November 27th, 2009, 10:32 AM
apparently you are listening...read much?...my post was in response to 'theTribeHasSpoken's post "Griz fans are funny"...I guess it's funny that we expect our conference mates to do wellxrolleyesx....how dare we dream!

I call it realistic thinking.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM

you are now expecting deductive reasoning from posters, bowl? xnonox

xlolxxlolxxlolx

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 11:25 AM
you are now expecting deductive reasoning from posters, bowl? xnonox

xlolxxlolxxlolx

You know me...just having a little post turkey day funxnodx

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
You know me...just having a little post turkey day funxnodx

and you know I love it! xlolxxlolxxlolx

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM
and you know I love it! xlolxxlolxxlolx

Nothing to do with WSU/W&M...but i would like to make a trip up north (next season) and take in a CAA game...maybe a little FCS get together:)...ooooooooooohhhhhhh...I said the "C" word!:p

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2009, 03:32 PM
My view is that some Griz have tried to provide some information on Weber, and some, but certainly not all, W&M fans have refused to listen. The attitude of some (not all) W&M posters is that Weber will not be able to run on W&M and W&M will win relatively easily because they have a great defense. That may be what happens, but my view is that it will be a much closer game and Weber will have a shot at winnng the game. While I want the best team to win, part of me wants Weber to win only because of some of the idiotic, uninformed and arrogant comments of some of the CAA supporters.

W&M fans like our chances because we are pretty confident that Weber won't be able to run. A one dimensional team is a lot easier to stop.

As I posted on caazone, I think W&M will stop the run and force Weber to the air. W&M will need to pressure the QB (the Dline is very very good). If W&M can stop the run and get pressure on the pass, while the offense goes on long drives and controls the clock, things will be looking good for us.

mlbowl
November 27th, 2009, 07:29 PM
W&M fans like our chances because we are pretty confident that Weber won't be able to run. A one dimensional team is a lot easier to stop.

As I posted on caazone, I think W&M will stop the run and force Weber to the air. W&M will need to pressure the QB (the Dline is very very good). If W&M can stop the run and get pressure on the pass, while the offense goes on long drives and controls the clock, things will be looking good for us.

Hey...I can go along with that...A post based on reasoning is refreshing. xpeacex

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Nothing to do with WSU/W&M...but i would like to make a trip up north (next season) and take in a CAA game...maybe a little FCS get together:)...ooooooooooohhhhhhh...I said the "C" word!:p

Do it! Then you'll get a real taste of ECB. Tastes a lot like beer interestingly enough. When are you gonna stop by the dark side bowl?

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Hey...I can go along with that...A post based on reasoning is refreshing. xpeacex

Almost seems out of place doesn't it. xnodxxlolx

GoneTribal
November 27th, 2009, 07:42 PM

we're 27 pages deep in the thread...posts based on reasoning ended a long time ago.

putter
November 27th, 2009, 07:44 PM

W&M is stacked and Weber will have all that it can handle. Only thing I have on your quote is that a one dimentional team is easier to stop, however, Weber is an excellent passing team so stopping the run doesn't necessarily mean stopping Weber.

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 07:47 PM
W&M is stacked and Weber will have all that it can handle. Only thing I have on your quote is that a one dimentional team is easier to stop, however, Weber is an excellent passing team so stopping the run doesn't necessarily mean stopping Weber.

I think what he means is that it is easier to stop a team that you know will be passing becuase you have shut down the run, thus MAKING them one dimensional. With Weber's passing game it would be a pretty silly analysis to think all they have to do is stop the run xlolx

putter
November 27th, 2009, 07:49 PM
xthumbsupx
I think what he means is that it is easier to stop a team that you know will be passing becuase you have shut down the run, thus MAKING them one dimensional. With Weber's passing game it would be a pretty silly analysis to think all they have to do is stop the run xlolx

Very true, but keep that between us!xthumbsupx
P.S. -> What flavor is that ECB? I definitely want to try some....xsmiley_wix

wideright82
November 27th, 2009, 08:16 PM
xthumbsupx

Very true, but keep that between us!xthumbsupx
P.S. -> What flavor is that ECB? I definitely want to try some....xsmiley_wix

xlolxxlolx I'll keep it on the dl, don't worry putter. You'll have to ask 89hen what flavor it is though, he brews it in his basement xnodxxnodx

soccerguy315
November 27th, 2009, 08:22 PM
yea I just meant if W&M can force Weber to pass (by stopping the run), then they will know what's coming (or, have it narrowed down). Not that it will be easy to stop Weber's passing game. Don't think that is true.

On the other hand, if Weber can get their playmakers into space with the ball on offense or kick/punt returns, they will cause some trouble for W&M. I don't THINK W&M has given up a p/kr TD this season, but we haven't looked overly impressive on coverage either.

Hitting the road in less than 12 hours, woohoo!

Tribe4SF
November 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM
Hitting the road in less than 12 hours, woohoo!

Don't forget your sax!:D

Native
November 27th, 2009, 09:33 PM

The problem for W&M is that the Weber passing game itself is not one dimensional. Short, long, medium, out of the backfield... the total yardage numbers for WSU passing are a bit deceptive because of the large proportion of yards after catch included in the passing total.

GoneTribal
November 27th, 2009, 09:38 PM
The problem for W&M is that the Weber passing game itself is not one dimensional. Short, long, medium, out of the backfield... the total yardage numbers for WSU passing are a bit deceptive because of the large proportion of yards after catch included in the passing total.

yeah, from the highlights I've seen, there are a lot of swing passes and quick hitches...all with open field afterwards. Definitely a stout pass attack. Gonna be a great game tomorrow. Let's hope it's a thriller.

Monarch History
November 28th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Just getting ready to make the 45 min. trip to the game. I'm really looking forward to this matchup of Weber's offense and the Tribe's defense. Should be a good one.xnodx

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:05 PM
No TV that I can see.

Kickoff to Weber.

Bolen to 25.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Good play by Collins, good YAC, Weber near midfield.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:08 PM
Weber to punt near midfield.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Tribe with the three and out. Two QB hurries.

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Have any links to audio/video?

Native
November 28th, 2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.streamaudio.com/Player/Player.aspx?Station=KLO_AM&filename=&Optin=#

cbs video is not working.

Native
November 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Wildcats 3 & out after a first down
W&M 3 & out
WSU 3 1st downs, missed 47-yd FG in a crosswind

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:19 PM
FG try from about 45 yards.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Wide right.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Video working now.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:24 PM
One first down for the Tribe and now they will punt.

YoUDeeMan
Video working now.

Video link?

Native
W&M one 1st dn, then 3 & out, punt almost blocked by Caldwell Taylor

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:25 PM
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?code=ncaa&media=155616

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:26 PM
3 and out for Weber.

Native
November 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?DB_OEM_ID=8600&code=ncaa&media=155616

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Penalty on W&M. First down Weber.

Native
November 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
NO! W&M penalized, so Weber gets a 1st down!

UncleSam
November 28th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Video feed now working from CBS

TribeGuy09
what was that penalty????

I Bleed Purple
Weber driving. Inside the 35.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
2nd missed field goal from Snoy over 40 yards.

Native
November 28th, 2009, 12:32 PM
50 yard attempt

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Tribe in Weber territory.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:36 PM
No score after the first quarter.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Damnit Weber, you're not going to win by 3 like I predicted unless you make a damn fieldgoal!

(Unless their PAT kicker really sucks!)

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
W&M stuffed on fourth down. Weber ball.

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 12:39 PM
W&M stuffed on fourth down. Weber ball.

How's that for Defense Billy and Mary!?

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 12:41 PM
1st DOWN, WEEEEEEEBER!!!

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Weber to punt at midfield.

veinup
November 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
GO WEEBS!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Sounds like Bill is announcing... Bill Clinton that is.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:46 PM
3 and out for Tribe.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Weber at their 45. Good field position.

gbhmt
November 28th, 2009, 12:47 PM
3 and out for Tribe.

xdeadhorsex :D

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:49 PM
pick 6 for Tribe.

Bah!

mtgrizfan4life
go weebs

NovaHater
How's that for Defense Billy and Mary!?

Not as good as that

Screamin_Eagle174
And Higgins makes a dumb pass under pressure. Pick 6.

That was the same pass he threw for 6 against Montana.

Tod
pick 6 for Tribe.

Bah!

Damn!!

Screamin_Eagle174
November 28th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Higgins needs to learn how to throw it away, not throw it down the middle and hope for the best.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Weber to punt.

bpcats
November 28th, 2009, 12:55 PM
From the looks of the game Higgins is either going to win the game for Weber or lose it for them because W&M offense doesn't look like it can do anything against Weber.

Of course it won't matter if W&M defense scores all the points

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 12:56 PM
COME ON WEEBS!!!!!!

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Tribe 3 and out.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2009, 01:00 PM
Score???

TribeGuy09
November 28th, 2009, 01:02 PM
Refs sound awful, for both sides. Late flags, no calls...ugh

th0m
November 28th, 2009, 01:03 PM
geez ive never seen so many 3 and outs

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:04 PM
Weber to punt.

UncleSam
November 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Score???

W&M 7-0

UncleSam
November 28th, 2009, 01:06 PM
video link

http://all-access.cbssports.com/player.html?DB_OEM_ID=8600&code=ncaa&media=155616

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Tribe driving now.

th0m
November 28th, 2009, 01:09 PM
W&M with a good drive now, at the 33.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:11 PM
At the 20.

LacesOut
November 28th, 2009, 01:12 PM
video link

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Thank ya, sir.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:18 PM
FG short attempt.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:19 PM
10-0 Tribe. 30 some odd seconds to go in the half.

UncleSam
November 28th, 2009, 01:20 PM
W&M 10-0

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Second pick 6 of the day for Higgins.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks! At end of 3, Villanova 35, Holy Cross 21 but Cross on VU 25

UncleSam
November 28th, 2009, 01:24 PM
interception TD W&M

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:26 PM
17-0 Tribe. Halftime.

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 01:35 PM
CAA Football > Big Sky Football

uofmman1122
November 28th, 2009, 01:38 PM
CAA Football > Big Sky FootballStill a lot of game to be played, sir. Let's hope you don't have to eat your words. xcoffeex

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Tribe at midfield

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Tribe in the red zone.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 01:55 PM
TD W&M

That second pick 6 really hurt.

Pards Rule
November 28th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Score?

TribeGuy09
November 28th, 2009, 02:08 PM
24-0 Tribe

NovaHater
November 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
ANOTHER tribe interception, this Higgins kid is so overrated

TribeinDC
24-0 Good guys

I Bleed Purple
Higgins with his third INT of the day.

At least it wasn't returned for a TD.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:16 PM
24-0 going to the fourth.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Good pass break up there. W&M's defense as good as advertised. We're not helping matters, though.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Frustrating since the Tribe's offense is kind of meh to me.

NovaHater
November 28th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Still a lot of game to be played, sir. Let's hope you don't have to eat your words. xcoffeex

Looks like someone won't be eating his words, unlike this Weeb fan

Point taken, and I don't take Massey lightly, but Weber has been able to gain yards and score against anyone this year. No one has shut them out. Even at Montana, the only contest Weber was not "in" for the entire game, the Wildcats lost two turnovers inside the UM red zone.

If Delaware (Massey #18 offense), Rhode Island (#46) and Norfolk State (#64) can score offensive touchdowns against the Tribe, so can Weber (#13).

Oh really ?

Tell us again about Higgins and Toonexlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Still a lot of game to be played, sir. Let's hope you don't have to eat your words. xcoffeex

hehehe...

TribeGuy09
November 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM
All I can say to the Griz (and some, not all Weber fans) is,

WE TOLD YOU SO.

31-0 Tribe.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Rout is building.

TribeGuy09
November 28th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Correction, 38-0

WrenFGun
All I can say to the Griz (and some, not all Weber fans) is,

WE TOLD YOU SO.

31-0 Tribe.

Way to go W&M. Let's go SDSU!

NovaHater
38-0

This is embarrassing

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
A combinsation of CAA just being that good and Weber not used to this type of competition.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:44 PM
38-0

This is embarrassing

I wouldn't say embarrassing. The second pick 6 completely demoralized us.

Native
November 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Congratulations to the William & Mary Tribe! xthumbsupx

Wow! What a fantastic defense! xbowx

Good luck in the rest of the playoffs. xnodx

TribeinDC
November 28th, 2009, 02:47 PM

what?

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Good luck W&M.

Hope the next team brings their game with them.

Ivytalk
November 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Congrats to the Tribe!xthumbsupx

NovaHater
November 28th, 2009, 02:54 PM

Are you kidding ? Your team folds up after that ? No, can't agree, those kids have to have more heart than that, it's the playoffs.

It was only 17-0 at halftime

It wasn't the 2nd pick six, it was the lack of talent on the purple side and playing against teams in a weak conference

JSU02
November 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
At 7-4, how did Weber get in the post season?

JMUNJ08
November 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM
At 7-4, how did Weber get in the post season?

UNI folding left the committee with few choices...

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Are you kidding ? Your team folds up after that ? No, can't agree, those kids have to have more heart than that, it's the playoffs.

It was only 17-0 at halftime

It wasn't the 2nd pick six, it was the lack of talent on the purple side and playing against teams in a weak conference

Higgins is a T* machine. The * is either an "O" or a "D." Rarely both. The second pick meant TO machine was today.

TheTribeHasSpoken
November 28th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Hahahahaha. Our team is much better than yours. That is why he was a TO machine today, not because he had cornflakes instead of wheaties.

Also, didn't expect students(players) from a Mormon school to be dropping f-bombs on W&M's student section. That was unfortunate to hear.

Old Cat Fan
November 28th, 2009, 03:14 PM
That other Big Sky team is getting laid out also

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
outstanding win for William and Mary, wow

blukeys
November 28th, 2009, 03:18 PM

Yet another lame excuse from the conference that can't seem to admit the obvious. They just aren't that good.

I Bleed Purple
November 28th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Yet another lame excuse from the conference that can't seem to admit the obvious. They just aren't that good.

Don't see how it's an excuse. It's an indictment of a team.

nmatsen
November 28th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Good thing Weber got in over UNI, real deserving. Obviously the Valley wasn't deserving of 3 teams.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hahahahaha. Our team is much better than yours. That is why he was a TO machine today, not because he had cornflakes instead of wheaties.

Also, didn't expect students(players) from a Mormon school to be dropping f-bombs on W&M's student section. That was unfortunate to hear.

Weber is mormon? Wish i knew that before. This game was too close for me. 300-0 would have been better....

blukeys
November 28th, 2009, 03:37 PM

Then what is a team that is so lacking in character even doing in the playoffs???

Let's get some teams in the playoffs that won't wet their panties when things go bad. You're the one who said your team was demoralized after a pick. You won't see any CAA team quit in that situation.

ccd494
November 28th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Then what is a team that is so lacking in character even doing in the playoffs???

Let's get some teams in the playoffs that won't wet their panties when things go bad. You're the one who said your team was demoralized after a pick. You won't see any CAA team quit in that situation.

This is why the CAA should just invite four other worthy teams to join them in the postseason. Guarantees the best football.

GrizDen
November 28th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Although I was rooting for Weber, congrats to W&M. Stellar performance and hey, anywhere Mike Tomlin graduated from is cool in my book.

colorless raider
November 28th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Good thing Weber got in over UNI, real deserving. Obviously the Valley wasn't deserving of 3 teams.

Screw that. Holy Cross's effort combined with Weber State shows that Colgate should have been in. Colgate was the only 9-2 team NOT in the playoffs. The Committee sucks.

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I know for a fact there is a post in this thread laughing at me for suggesting that Weber would not score 14.

So.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxrulesxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
November 28th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Screw that. Holy Cross's effort combined with Weber State shows that Colgate should have been in. Colgate was the only 9-2 team NOT in the playoffs. The Committee sucks.

Colgate didn't derserve to get in either. They would have had no shot against a CAA team either.

If anything the CAA or MVFC conference deserved another bid.

tandemlax
November 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM

I actually agree with this- Weber played with no energy or emotion after halftime. The defense stopped flying to the ball and the Tribe running game started to roll as a result. It looked like every time the wildcat offense turned the ball over the defense lost a bit more. There was no life whatsoever on the Weber sideline.

Other observations- Weber's kickoff return man looked very good, and I'm not sure how much of that was due to spotty kick coverage or exceptional speed/ skill on his part. WM also struggled covering kickoffs against New Hampshire. If we don't tighten that up, a big play will come back and bite us.

One key play- late in the first quarter, Weber snuck a man right inside the sideline next to their bench looking to fake the 50 yard kick. Livingston #17 caught the ruse at the last second and picked him up. Could have been a huge momentum swing in favor of Weber.

The W&M secondary had their best game of the year. After a few early missed tackles that resulted in first downs, the d-backs were excellent in coverage and after the catch.

Weber St was obviously a talented squad that ran up against a great defense, made a few too many mistakes offensively, and were unable to recover when things began to snowball. Looking forward to next week already!

kdinva
November 28th, 2009, 04:15 PM
I personally don't feel that this game will be close. Weber by 21. Toone, Higgins and Smith will come through for these kitties. They have a chip on their shoulders right now and have renewed life. I would'nt want to play them.
How did that turn out....

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
How did that turn out....

Yes, I too will be waiting for him to come back. He did promise he would.

LacesOut
November 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Jesus!

Congrats, great effort and win today, Tribe.

CAAisBOSS
November 28th, 2009, 05:50 PM
Weber State had around 161 yards of total offense... -6 rushing. told ya they wouldnt be able to run the ball... btw thats WM's 3rd negative rushing game of the year. Go Tribe.

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM

Colgate should have been selected. It and Penn both would have been much better matches for W&M.

aceinthehole
November 28th, 2009, 07:25 PM
So the Big Sky at-large loses to W&M worse than CCSU? Colgate deserved the last at-large? xcoolx

Weber - 0
W&M - 38

WEB: 161 yrds offense ; -6 yrds rushing

CCSU - 14
W&M - 33

CCSU: 237 yrds offense; 78 yds & 2 TDs rushing

Monarch History
November 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I went to the game today and I must say W&M played a complete game dominating Weber State in all facets of the contest.

Bogus Megapardus
November 28th, 2009, 08:17 PM
So the Big Sky at-large loses to W&M worse than CCSU? Colgate deserved the last at-large? xcoolx

What? You mean compared to Storrs Lite? Don't make me laugh. Colgate would have made a game of it. C.C. State College would have . . . well . . . curtsied politely and gone home.

putter
November 28th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Wow, nice game W&M! I honestly thought the Weber could get something going through the air even if they could not run. Sounds like they threw in the towel...xnonox Disappointed hearing that

Squealofthepig
November 28th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Kudos to the Tribe for absolutely dismantling a good team from Ogden.

I'll admit I had hoped for a better showing, but hey, gotta give props where due!

soccerguy315
November 28th, 2009, 10:21 PM
W&M offense was very ragged to start... will need a better showing against SIU.

Bettina90
November 28th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Traveling has not been the problem with Weber the past couple of years. We played well in Hawaii and won some of our best victories on the road, at Montan State in '08, Cal Poly in the '08 playoffs, at EWU '09...

We are definitely 10 point underdogs, but we bring things the Tribe have never seen. I rate our chances at 1 in 3.

We have also faced the Colorado State and Wyoming defenses. Wyoming's D compares pretty well with William & Mary's, except that Wyoming's secondary was probably better.

So did Wyoming's Secondary return FOUR INTs for scores?

uofmman1122
November 29th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Weber for the whole game, and SDSU in the last 20 minutes played about the same.

Neither stood a chance against its opponent.

I honestly expected better from WSU, but as I said before, it came down to Higgins, and he played the worst game of his season, if not his career.

W&M defense is unbelievable. xbowx

I Bleed Purple
November 29th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Weber for the whole game, and SDSU in the last 20 minutes played about the same.

Neither stood a chance against its opponent.

I honestly expected better from WSU, but as I said before, it came down to Higgins, and he played the worst game of his season, if not his career.

W&M defense is unbelievable. xbowx

He had more INTs against Wyoming. I don't think it was his worst, unfortunately. He needs to get tougher for next season. That seems like his biggest problem to me.

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2009, 06:14 AM
W&M offense was very ragged to start... will need a better showing against SIU.

I was thinking the same, but your D .... wow

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2009, 06:16 AM

xcoffeex

aceinthehole
November 29th, 2009, 08:53 AM
What? You mean compared to Storrs Lite? Don't make me laugh. Colgate would have made a game of it. C.C. State College would have . . . well . . . curtsied politely and gone home.

Your ignorance is laughable. Everyone can see you have nothing to add about football, and have to resort to silly name calling. xnonox

Funny, but I think the CAA teams respect the NEC teams as much, or more than the PL. It's clear from the results that the NEC has done as well the PL against CAA foes.

So when is the last playoff game the PL has won? xcoffeex
What makes you think Colgate would have made this a game? xrolleyesx
What is Lafayette playing for this year? xoopsx