PDA

View Full Version : I Don't get it...

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:12 PM
A few weeks ago, Montana survived a scare against Idaho St. and nearly the entire FCS community took potshots at us...App St. squeeks by a horrible Catamount team...potshots...nope...in fact, there's even ongoing argument on whether they deserve a seedxlolx...sorry...it just cracks me upxnodx

Screamin_Eagle174
November 21st, 2009, 08:14 PM
True Dat. RIDICULOUS!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2611/4122897653_a31d6c8695_o.gif

I Bleed Purple
November 21st, 2009, 08:16 PM
ECB.

What other reason could there be?

msupokes1
November 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM
A few weeks ago, Montana survived a scare against Idaho St. and nearly the entire FCS community took potshots at us...App St. squeeks by a horrible Catamount team...potshots...nope...in fact, there's even ongoing argument on whether they deserve a seedxlolx...sorry...it just cracks me upxnodx

I agree. I posted a similar question a few days ago about why App was ranked ahead of McNeese when they have the same record and McNeese had the head to head win. I was told because they were playing better at the time. I am not sure what that means. I think it really means because they are App.

93henfan
November 21st, 2009, 08:17 PM
Gee, think AE not playing today had anything to do with it? xeyebrowx

boonegoon
November 21st, 2009, 08:19 PM

That's exactly it. 2nd string Cadet cannot throw at all. AE sat out on senior day.

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:26 PM

Sell that down the road...I'm not buying today! Fact...Western Carolina is horrible...

Sat., Sep. 5 at Vanderbilt TV Nashville, Tenn. L, 45-0
Sat., Sep. 12 vs. Gardner-Webb
2009 Home Opener Cullowhee, N.C. L, 27-20
Sat., Sep. 19 at Georgia Southern * Statesboro, Ga. L, 27-3
Sat., Sep. 26 vs. Furman
Mountain Heritage Day * TV Cullowhee, N.C. L, 33-14
Sat., Oct. 3 at Samford * Birmingham, Ala. L, 16-3
Sat., Oct. 17 vs. The Citadel
Homecoming * TV Cullowhee, N.C. W, 14-10
Sat., Oct. 24 vs. Wofford
WCU Family Weekend * TV Cullowhee, N.C. L, 35-26
Sat., Oct. 31 at Chattanooga * Chattanooga, Tenn. L, 24-20
Sat., Nov. 7 vs. Elon
Hall of Fame Weekend * Cullowhee, N.C. L, 42-17
Sat., Nov. 14 at Eastern Kentucky Richmond, Ky. W, 24-7
Sat., Nov. 21 at Appalachian State
Battle for the Old Mountain Jug * Boone, N.C. L, 19-14

93henfan
November 21st, 2009, 08:27 PM
I say again, AE didn't play. xlolx

MTGrizzFan
November 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
ECB.

What other reason could there be?

exactly

UNHFan
November 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
App State played Vermont?? Sorry had too.... :)

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:32 PM
I say again, AE didn't play. xlolx

I heard ya the first timexlolx

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2009, 08:33 PM
Only a few people are saying ASU deserves a seed (they may all be ASU or So Con fans too). That is the difference. The potshots were what seed Montana deserved. Almost everyone agrees that ASU does not deserve a seed but is playoff worthy so the shots are not really worth it.

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
That's exactly it. 2nd string Cadet cannot throw at all. AE sat out on senior day.

Didn't ASU play ECU without AE?

93henfan
November 21st, 2009, 08:35 PM
I'll agree with mlbowl that anyone who thinks ASU deserves a seed is hitting the crack pipe a little too hard. I'm just not willing to knock them for winning close without their heart and soul on the field.

LacesOut
November 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM
Another complain/whine thread??!!

C'mon mlbowl. This is not you.

theasushow
November 21st, 2009, 08:40 PM
a. no AE (take payton manning off the colts for a game and see if there is a difference)
b. it took Montana an incredible drive in the closing seconds to seal the win. western was down 19-7 with 2 minutes to go and scored basically in garbage time.
c.WCU was coming off a huge road win against a good EKU team, so while they are pretty bad, they did just win a game.
d. asu has already sealed up the SOCON and playoff berth so I think people just didnt really care as much that it was a ugly asu win. the montana win came at a time when people were trying to figure out if they should be ranked #1.
just my opinion of course

proasu89
November 21st, 2009, 08:42 PM

We did, and apparently ECU is only marginally better than WCUxsmiley_wix
Seriously though, punt return TD called back by a block in the back that was behind the play, NO AE ( as 93 hen as mentioned twice) & play calling was very close to the vest. Idaho St. was winless at the time ( I assume they still are) and Western was coming off a 24-7 win at EKU. We gave up a TD w/ 40 secs left and you kicked a last minute FG to win. I'm not gonna change your mind but I certainly don't see this as an apples to apples comparison. With all that said, w/out AE we could be toast:(

theasushow
November 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM

and lost....may have won had AE played. we'll never know now obviously.

AshevilleApp
November 21st, 2009, 08:44 PM
Sell that down the road...I'm not buying today! Fact...Western Carolina is horrible...

Sat., Sep. 5 at Vanderbilt TV Nashville, Tenn. L, 45-0
Sat., Sep. 12 vs. Gardner-Webb
2009 Home Opener Cullowhee, N.C. L, 27-20
Sat., Sep. 19 at Georgia Southern * Statesboro, Ga. L, 27-3
Sat., Sep. 26 vs. Furman
Mountain Heritage Day * TV Cullowhee, N.C. L, 33-14
Sat., Oct. 3 at Samford * Birmingham, Ala. L, 16-3
Sat., Oct. 17 vs. The Citadel
Homecoming * TV Cullowhee, N.C. W, 14-10
Sat., Oct. 24 vs. Wofford
WCU Family Weekend * TV Cullowhee, N.C. L, 35-26
Sat., Oct. 31 at Chattanooga * Chattanooga, Tenn. L, 24-20
Sat., Nov. 7 vs. Elon
Hall of Fame Weekend * Cullowhee, N.C. L, 42-17
Sat., Nov. 14 at Eastern Kentucky Richmond, Ky. W, 24-7
Sat., Nov. 21 at Appalachian State
Battle for the Old Mountain Jug * Boone, N.C. L, 19-14

Let down game without the best player in FCS against a rivalry team that always has something to play for against App. And where is the "Seed" argument??

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Seriously though, punt return TD called back by a block in the back that was behind the play, NO AE ( as 93 hen as mentioned twice) & play calling was very close to the vest. Idaho St. was winless at the time ( I assume they still are) and Western was coming off a 24-7 win at EKU. We gave up a TD w/ 40 secs left and you kicked a last minute FG to win. I'm not gonna change your mind but I certainly don't see this as an apples to apples comparison. With all that said, w/out AE we could be toast:(

If wishes were fishes.......2 flags picked up and Montana has 14 more points. NO ecuses from me, we got a terrible W, but it still counts as a W.

Tod
November 21st, 2009, 08:47 PM

ISU won their last game against Portland State to finish 1-10. Just FYI...

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
App fans...I'm not hatin'...I still think ASU is a good team...and I know good teams stumble from time to time...I just think hypocrisy runs rampant within this communityxcoolx

proasu89
November 21st, 2009, 08:49 PM
If wishes were fishes.......2 flags picked up and Montana has 14 more points. NO ecuses from me, we got a terrible W, but it still counts as a W.

xthumbsupx A win is a win is a win.

theasushow
November 21st, 2009, 08:51 PM
App fans...I'm not hatin'...I still think ASU is a good team...and I know good teams stumble from time to time...I just think hypocrisy runs rampant within this communityxcoolx

haha i dont feel animosity at all from you. if just seemed as though with your thread title you wanted some justification, and ofcourse app fans will always try and justify the app bias.

besides, if this was a sneak peak of life without ae...xsmhx

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM
And where is the "Seed" argument??

It's in one of the playoff threads...I'll find it if you'd like.

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2009, 08:52 PM

But the crap was going against Montana because Montana said it deserved a 1 or 2 seed after that game (not to say Montana won't). In general, even the ASU fans are not expecting a seed. If generally the ASU fans were saying they deserved a seed after that game, they would have gotten more crap.

There will always be a few fans arguing for a seed but the general ASU consensus is that they don't deserve one.

mlbowl
November 21st, 2009, 08:54 PM
app fans will always try and justify the app bias.

Hey...I hear ya...I'm a Griz fanxnodx

GrizFanStuckInUtah
November 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
But the crap was going against Montana because Montana said it deserved a 1 or 2 seed after that game (not to say Montana won't). In general, even the ASU fans are not expecting a seed. If generally the ASU fans were saying they deserved a seed after that game, they would have gotten more crap.

There will always be a few fans arguing for a seed but the general ASU consensus is that they don't deserve one.

My argument is pretty simple really. We lost our last game to Richmond in the NC game. No one has beaten us yet. xpeacex

tribe_pride
November 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
My argument is pretty simple really. We lost our last game to Richmond in the NC game. No one has beaten us yet. xpeacex

Understand. the argument on the other side is that you have not played anyone as good as some of the teams that either SIU or VU have beaten. Not saying that Montana is not worthy of a 1 or 2 seed. Just saying there is an argument both ways and neither VU nor SIU have had that much trouble with a team as bad as that team that was barely beaten. Undefeated does have a good argument though.

I only brought up that example though to show why the Montana and ASU situations were completely different.

uofmman1122
November 22nd, 2009, 01:04 AM
Understand. the argument on the other side is that you have not played anyone as good as some of the teams that either SIU or VU have beaten.UNI losing today did not help SIU's SOS case. I'll give you 'Nova's SOS. They deserve to be up there, but after today, I don't see the argument for SIU to be ahead of Montana.

They, as of right now, only have one win over a playoff caliber team. Montana has two, and I'd probably think Montana State would have an advantage over UNI.

So then the only argument left for SIU to be ahead of Montana is that they're undefeated versus FCS teams.

Well so is Montana, and, as I said, arguably against better teams.