PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Championship: App St @ Elon

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
HUGE run for Cadet, now in at QB. Looks like Armanti is done.

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 04:53 PM
I was hoping no one would bring that up again....:(

Sorry just couldn't resist. I still hope to see Elon do well in the playoffs.

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
They should know as they do now that you can't make those until you win the BIG game....

You can make them...you just can't post it on the website before the game....instead, just keep it on the flash drive with 512-bit encryption

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Apps knocking on the door again.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 04:55 PM
UPDATED SIGNATURE!!!!! :)

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 04:56 PM
You can make them...you just can't post it on the website before the game....instead, just keep it on the flash drive with 512-bit encryption

Is somebody gonna be fired for this????

Mountaineer#96

I agree..........we likely had some of those for Michigan two years ago............

3E9App

Looks GREAT!!!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 04:58 PM
AE 354 yards of total offense against the swagger.

DX Man

You beat me to it!

Mountaineer#96
ASU about to add the the lead..........then I will go get some dinner...

PhoenixSupreme
Is somebody gonna be fired for this????

I had a student job in the Elon Technology Services where they update the websites and stuff....I'm sure someone will just get a slap on the wrist xpeacex

3E9App
Down to the 3 time to punch it in and put the final nail in this coffin!

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 04:59 PM
You beat me to it!

ha copy cat

PhoenixSupreme
Looks GREAT!!!!!xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I don't like it at all...but only because it's the truth :D

appstate38
Come on and score one more

Mountaineer#96
Hurry up and finish this thing..........the Elon's don't have the swagger today.....

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 05:01 PM
is it really necessary to add more time to the clock...it just adds to the suffering

KiddBrewer
I don't like it at all...but only because it's the truth :D

hey supreme, youre a good guy. you remind me of myself. im a duke fan, big time. and EVERYBODY i know is a carolina fan. so ive had to listen to that crap for the last...forever it seems, but i always try to be sensible and not sound dumb. you got some class sirxpeacex

Mountaineer#96
hey supreme, youre a good guy. you remind me of myself. im a duke fan, big time. and EVERYBODY i know is a carolina fan. so ive had to listen to that crap for the last...forever it seems, but i always try to be sensible and not sound dumb. you got some class sirxpeacex

AGREED....he really does

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 05:02 PM
4th down go for it!

Mountaineer#96
Go for it!!!!!! depleat the swagger

3E9App

Agreed thanks for hanging around with all of us APP fans today Supreme! xthumbsupx

Appstate03
November 14th, 2009, 05:03 PM

Agreed about Supreme. If things turned out differently in this game, I wouldn't be so gracious.

Also, Duke sucks.

AppStateSVX
Cadet just got dizzy

KiddBrewer
Go for it!!!!!! depleat the swagger

eewww, "swagger" intact i think

KiddBrewer
Agreed about Supreme. If things turned out differently in this game, I wouldn't be so gracious.

Also, Duke sucks.

also, shut itxcoffeex

DX Man
The Mountaineers & their fans traveled to Rhodes Stadium to see the football team challenged. They will leave very disappointed. You dare put up such a pathetic challenge to the Apps. Were you not supposed to be #1 at this and that and have the best players in him and him? Very sad indeed! This should make you think long and hard before you ever issue challenges to a team that is obviously far superior to you in every way. I think it is doubtful that you even make the play-offs at this point. You better hope that members of the selection committee aren’t watching this game today. I won’t even lie and wish you good luck the rest of the season. A team that plays as dirty as you deserves no good wishes.

xlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxro tatehx

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Elon ball turnover on downs.........

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Elon has to make sure they don't let this game stick with them or it could be a problem next week and they allow the Apps to beat them twice.

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
ok sam, what does elon need to go to get back into the game?

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 05:05 PM
The Mountaineers & their fans traveled to Rhodes Stadium to see the football team challenged. They will leave very disappointed. You dare put up such a pathetic challenge to the Apps. Were you not supposed to be #1 at this and that and have the best players in him and him? Very sad indeed! This should make you think long and hard before you ever issue challenges to a team that is obviously far superior to you in every way. I think it is doubtful that you even make the play-offs at this point. You better hope that members of the selection committee aren’t watching this game today. I won’t even lie and wish you good luck the rest of the season. A team that plays as dirty as you deserves no good wishes.

xlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxrotatehxxlolxxro tatehx

WOW please don't dwell into this so much........this is why the games are played on the field.....but damn don't shove it in the face of a fine Elon team that will go the playoffs and we might see again.

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:06 PM
ok sam, what does elon need to go to get back into the game?

/thread

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
SoCon defensive player of the week..... App State Defense

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 05:07 PM
SoCon defensive player of the week..... App State Defense

xbowx AGREED xbowx

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
im not going to make any predictions.......im not going to do it........but you all know what im thinkin........:)

Aho_Old_Guy
November 14th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Elon has to make sure they don't let this game stick with them or it could be a problem next week and they allow the Apps to beat them twice.

Here's hoping they get some of that swagger back and do some damage in the playoffs ---- unless they meet the Apps again.

I also hope the Apps fans show some class in victory. xthumbsupx

DX Man
What makes Riddle think the Apps would allow him to throw? Just because the game is over? NOT!

mistersykes
2009 SOCON CHAMPS! Time to celebrate!

appstate38
SoCon Champs!!!!

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2009, 05:10 PM
The Elon Phoenix...bursting into flames in November since 2007 xlolx

KiddBrewer
2009 SOCON CHAMPS! Time to celebrate!

next week ought to be fun!xnodx

3E9App
im not going to make any predictions.......im not going to do it........but you all know what im thinkin........:)

I agree all I want to see right now is a 2nd round home play off game cause that is only the second game I would be able to make this year. Still too early to predict anything but if we can continue to play like we did today I will be very happy. :D

Mountaineer#96
Game..................ASU rolled...

ASUG8
Congrats Apps! Knocking down the "1# defense in the country" handily.

You should fear this now fully operational death star........xrulesx

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM
THE Appalachian STATE!

woooohhhhooooo

AppStateold299
November 14th, 2009, 05:11 PM
I guess the Phoenix can put that banner away now! Armanti is a beast!

asuboys
November 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Really? Your biggest "competition" isn't really "competing" in a very "competitive" fashion. How many top 25 teams you guys got in that conference?

The Elon Phoenix...bursting into flames in November since 2007 xlolx

...love that young terrier! Hilarious!!!

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 05:12 PM
next week ought to be fun!xnodx

At least we will be playing a team that wants to challenge us. I think that Western win at EKU today just may have added some spice to the "Jug" game.

AppMan
November 14th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Elon: Not Ready for Prime Time Players

What happend to The Mission? Aborted!

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM

AGREED....he really does

Thanks guys...I really appreciate it. I know we aren't rooting for the same team and all, but I love the camaraderie of it all. Some fans really take the game way too seriously and treat it more than a game, think of themselves and the other fans as the "Hatfield's and McCoy's". And trust me, I've been around enough poor performing teams (I'm a UVA fan) to take the heat.

btw KB, I'm really sorry that you're a Duke fan xlolx j/k.

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:18 PM
GO APP!

again

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Now the Elon team just needs to get this game out of their minds and focus on Samford...we don't want to see another 2008 Liberty (or 2007 Citadel). And I actually think that if we were to lose to Samford, we may get edged out of the playoffs.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Now the Elon team just needs to get this game out of their minds and focus on Samford...we don't want to see another 2008 Liberty (or 2007 Citadel). And I actually think that if we were to lose to Samford, we may get edged out of the playoffs.

if they lose to samford.....theres no playoffs

but they wont lose to samford

AppAlum96
November 14th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I kinda miss "elonmarksthespot" right now, for a minute.

Yeah, I approve of PhoenixSupreme, too.

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 05:22 PM

If so, that will SUCK, as you have been so dominant before tonight. I'm rooting for y'all to get into the playoffs and represent the Socon. Thanks for hanging around with us mountaineers during the game. You're class as far as I'm concerned. Good luck against Samford.xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Oh man... this has been one of the most gratifying regular season wins I can remember.

Elon fans talked sooooo much trash ALLLLL season. And then laid an egg when it mattered (again, lol).

ASUG8
November 14th, 2009, 05:24 PM
Merry Christmas early, Socon

No More Armanti. :D

AppStateold299
November 14th, 2009, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys...I really appreciate it. I know we aren't rooting for the same team and all, but I love the camaraderie of it all. Some fans really take the game way too seriously and treat it more than a game, think of themselves and the other fans as the "Hatfield's and McCoy's". And trust me, I've been around enough poor performing teams (I'm a UVA fan) to take the heat.

btw KB, I'm really sorry that you're a Duke fan xlolx j/k.

I am rooting for you in the playoffs. This was a great game for ASU at least. There is nothing wrong with being a DUKE fan. That is a wonderful program. I got to watch a wonderful game last night and today. Great Weekend. Good luck Phoenix for the rest of your season. I hope we don't meet again.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Oh man... this has been one of the most gratifying regular season wins I can remember.

Elon fans talked sooooo much trash ALLLLL season. And then laid an egg when it mattered (again, lol).

where is that banner thats on your avatar? i say every App fan within ear shot puts that as their signature.....

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 05:28 PM
where is that banner thats on your avatar? i say every App fan within ear shot puts that as their signature.....

http://i38.tinypic.com/15mg1du_th.jpg

Already avatar sized... though, could be a bit bigger I think. :D

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:30 PM
like this?

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I still do not like Elon players trying to take out our players. Still think they do not belong in the SoCon because of that.
Will root for Elon in the playoffs though.....anyone but the CAA.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
PUT THE ELON POSTER AS YOUR AVATAR...OK...........GO

boonegoon
November 14th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Haha, Gardner represent! I miss it too in a way. Newland just wasn't the same...good times.

I lived in Gardner too!

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:33 PM
IM IN. WHO'S WITH ME?

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm hoping we both win out in the playoffs and meet again...I'm itching for a rematch.

And trust me...I've been the lone Team B supporter several times already this season. As a UVA fan (and VT hater), I've sat in on two VT games with VT friends (one at Blacksburg), and took all of their crap....but in those cases VT lost.

And like I said earlier, I don't care if I'm talking with App or Elon fans...I enjoy the camaraderie. And you guys definitely have class too...had no one take any cheap shots at me during the game.

KiddBrewer
I lived in Gardner too!

all good men lived in a gardner prison cell at some pointxthumbsupx

asuboys
I still do not like Elon players trying to take out our players. Still think they do not belong in the SoCon because of that.
Will root for Elon in the playoffs though.....anyone but the CAA.

Elon's dirty playing karma coming back to "bite them" again... Just hope it doesn't affect Armanti the rest of the season...

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 05:35 PM
IM IN. WHO'S WITH ME?

No way....don't every want to give felon any cred.

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Some people will think it is true.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:37 PM
Some people will think it is true.

and those people shouldnt be on this site.

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:39 PM
i'm in.

did have it in my sig, but avatar is better I reckon

4th and What?
November 14th, 2009, 05:40 PM
So with Samford coming up with wins over GSU and now Wofford, do they have a decent shot against Elon at home?

And if Elon self destructs again this year do they potentially miss the playoffs?

Congrats to App St on a nice win, you guys have been improving with every week this year, and are looking to be a monster this post season.

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 05:45 PM
If Elon looses next week I could see them getting passed over for the playoffs. They just have to regroup and focus on Samford and not let today get to them. Also with Samford playing the way they have do think they have a chance against Elon at home.

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 05:47 PM

I'm with you Mr. KiddBrewerxthumbsupx

AppStateSVX
November 14th, 2009, 05:48 PM
gah I wish I was still in Boone right now

Aho_Old_Guy
November 14th, 2009, 05:50 PM
I made a slight correction to the avatar.

It's a wee bit too 'smack' for me, but what the heck, huh? xlolx

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I made a slight correction to the avatar.

It's a wee bit too 'smack' for me, but what the heck, huh? xlolx

nice! nice!xcoolxxthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Appfan.com has a pretty good reworking as well.

http://www.appfan.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/feenixchampsowned.jpg

xlolx

asknoquarter21
November 14th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Very nice, I can't change my avatar from my phone unfortunately.

It will be changed though

AppAlum96
November 14th, 2009, 06:37 PM
Allright, I'm in too. I used one of the altered versions.

CamelCityAppFan
November 14th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah, this groovy new avatar is the only way to go!

mtgrizfan4life
November 14th, 2009, 06:43 PM
congrats App State, Montana clinched outright title today too. Here is to both winning out to meet in the National Championship. Personally, that is the matchup I want to see this year.

WOCO
November 14th, 2009, 06:49 PM
didn't wofford win one of those back to back to...................

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2009, 06:55 PM
didn't wofford win one of those back to back to...................

sssssshhhhh

let the hillbillies have their funxlolx

but seriously in '07 the whole "tie" thing was total BSxnodx

but I don't want to divert this thread from the App's successxthumbsupx

congrats Appalachian state I'll be pulling for you in the playoffsxsmileyclapxxsmileyclapx

AppStateold299
November 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Co-Champions! Both teams had a share of the SoCon Title

boonegoon
November 14th, 2009, 06:57 PM
congrats App State, Montana clinched outright title today too. Here is to both winning out to meet in the National Championship. Personally, that is the matchup I want to see this year.

100 percent agree!! I was ear to the radio when we lost that one in Missoula. Can't wait to see our two teams play

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Co-Champions! Both teams had a share of the SoCon Title

and Wofford beat App therefore they had the tie-breaker which is why we won it.

If an SEC team ties its division title and beats the other team, they say that team won the division, same should apply for a conference title (which is why we got the auto-bid). I roll my xrolleyesx when App acts like they won it that year, like it was just another title when in fact it was anything but that.

now quit worrying about it and celebrate

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 07:25 PM
If an SEC team ties its division title and beats the other team, they say that team won the division, same should apply for a conference title (which is why we got the auto-bid). I roll my xrolleyesx when App acts like they won it that year, like it was just another title when in fact it was anything but that.

And, we aren't the SEC. xthumbsupx ;)

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/files/09fbguide/78champions.pdf?SPSID=35576&SPID=1781&DB_OEM_ID=4000

5 time defending SoCon champions! :D

CamelCityAppFan
November 14th, 2009, 07:39 PM
And, we aren't the SEC. xthumbsupx ;)

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/files/09fbguide/78champions.pdf?SPSID=35576&SPID=1781&DB_OEM_ID=4000

5 time defending SoCon champions! :D

I followed the link to your list of SoCon champs, but couldn't find Elon on it. Am I missing something? xconfusedx

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I followed the link to your list of SoCon champs, but couldn't find Elon on it. Am I missing something? xconfusedx

yeah, im still looking for their "swagger" as well.

CharlotteApp
November 14th, 2009, 08:54 PM
I just got back from the game, and I have to tell you, if I was a Elon player I would be very disapointed in the Elon fans. With 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter - Elon fans were POURING out of the stadium! The score, I believe at that point was 24 to 3. This Elon team is arguably the best in the school's history, and that is the support they get?

If I had wanted to gloat to Elon fans after the game, I wouldn't have been able to because there were not any in the stadium.

Rekdiver
November 14th, 2009, 09:00 PM
I expected better from Elon. Looked like Bobby Lamb was coaching them. A must win next week of they will be out of the playoff picture with another deason ending choke. If we win next week we mightget a seed?

SoCon48
November 14th, 2009, 09:57 PM
I just got back from the game, and I have to tell you, if I was a Elon player I would be very disapointed in the Elon fans. With 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter - Elon fans were POURING out of the stadium! The score, I believe at that point was 24 to 3. This Elon team is arguably the best in the school's history, and that is the support they get?

If I had wanted to gloat to Elon fans after the game, I wouldn't have been able to because there were not any in the stadium.

The funny thing was when in the fourth quarter the announcer said "Another Elon____"
Sounded like maybe 10 fans said "First Down.":D:D

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 10:06 PM
This time around we plan to just rush for 400 or so yds. and keep the clock running, and thus the ball out of AE's hands.xthumbsupx

Elon rushing: 58 yards

LOL

Here's your crow.

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

But, I bet PhoenixMan is absent for the next 8 months or so.

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 10:09 PM
He was absent, even when he was here.

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 10:13 PM

Don't get me wrong, I bleed Black and Gold, but if you remember a certain Black Saturday vs. Georgia Southern a couple of years ago, KBS was emptying so fast in the second half that people watching said that it looked like the stadium was "bleeding black". But yes, it was very dissapointing to see. At the same time, almost the whole crowd stayed and cheered on the team to the bitter end of last year's Richmond game. Shows what a couple of years will do.

ThompsonThe
November 14th, 2009, 10:17 PM
and Wofford beat App therefore they had the tie-breaker which is why we won it.

now quit worrying about it and celebrate

NO, if you want the conference to change it's rules, you need to propose it and have it voted on.
If App loses next week and Elon wins.....we would gladly acknowledge co-championship of the SoCon. You can't and shouldn't even suggest changing things just to please yourself. It could one day work for your team also. It's pretty fair when both teams win the same number of conference games. It could be said that the 2nd team losing to another conference member is actually pretty bad in itself.

soccerguy315
November 14th, 2009, 10:44 PM
I expected better from Elon. Looked like Bobby Lamb was coaching them. A must win next week of they will be out of the playoff picture with another deason ending choke. If we win next week we mightget a seed?

maybe... but the winner of Richmond/W&M is going to add another Top 5 win to their resume. Since you aren't playing a Top 5 team, I don't really see how you could jump the winner of that game for a seed.

good win today for ASU... I thought that might happen.

GreatAppSt
November 14th, 2009, 11:28 PM
maybe... but the winner of Richmond/W&M is going to add another Top 5 win to their resume. Since you aren't playing a Top 5 team, I don't really see how you could jump the winner of that game for a seed.

good win today for ASU... I thought that might happen. UR better not lose again this late in the season. that would be 2 losses in November. If they do they will/should be out of the top 10 (playoff selection rule one DON"T LOSE LATE!xnonox)

Reign of Terrier
November 14th, 2009, 11:36 PM
NO, if you want the conference to change it's rules, you need to propose it and have it voted on.
If App loses next week and Elon wins.....we would gladly acknowledge co-championship of the SoCon. You can't and shouldn't even suggest changing things just to please yourself. It could one day work for your team also. It's pretty fair when both teams win the same number of conference games. It could be said that the 2nd team losing to another conference member is actually pretty bad in itself.

again, chill out, enjoy your victory, I wasn't proposing a rule change just stating that

conference champion> co-conference champion w/tie-breaker> co-conference champions w/out tie breaker

I wasn't suggesting changing the rules just pointing out that App fans act as if 2007 was the first option when in reality it was the third.

asuboys
November 15th, 2009, 12:23 AM
again, chill out, enjoy your victory, I wasn't proposing a rule change just stating that

conference champion> co-conference champion w/tie-breaker> co-conference champions w/out tie breaker

I wasn't suggesting changing the rules just pointing out that App fans act as if 2007 was the first option when in reality it was the third.

Conference Champ = Conference Champ, be it "co-champ" or whatever. Check out 1999, when Ga Southern, Furman and App all tied for the championship... Do you think any of those three schools don't count the 3 way tie as a championship in their record books? Actually that year, each school lost to one or the other.... So how would you decide that year in your "proposed formula"???

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Conference Champ = Conference Champ, be it "co-champ" or whatever. Check out 1999, when Ga Southern, Furman and App all tied for the championship... Do you think any of those three schools don't count the 3 way tie as a championship in their record books? Actually that year, each school lost to one or the other.... So how would you decide that year in your "proposed formula"???

that's the thing, it's one thing if it's 3 teams--you can't decide it therefore it is a "co-championship"

but when it's 2 teams and one beats the other, it's simple, the winner is the champ

you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill of a comment

asuboys
November 15th, 2009, 12:38 AM
that's the thing, it's one thing if it's 3 teams--you can't decide it therefore it is a "co-championship"

but when it's 2 teams and one beats the other, it's simple, the winner is the champ

you guys are making a mountain out of a molehill of a comment

...yawn xwhistlex

Reign of Terrier
November 15th, 2009, 12:39 AM
...yawn xwhistlex

again, move on, celebrate your win, keep the NC out of the CAA hands, and let me have my happy time thinking of yesteryear.:p

griz&beer
November 15th, 2009, 01:28 AM
Nice win App. Good luck in the playoffs.

CamelCityAppFan
November 15th, 2009, 06:00 AM
Elon rushing: 58 yards

LOL

Here's your crow.

http://janeheller.mlblogs.com/crow.jpg

But, I bet PhoenixMan is absent for the next 8 months or so.

Hey Jelly! As long as we're going down memory lane, who can forget these gems?

I keep hearing that from the App folks....our best is better than Elon's best. Well, then you haven't played your "best" once this season. I haven't listened to or watched an App. game this year in which they have played well enough to beat an Elon team that has dominated SoCon opponents, with Furman being the ONLY close one Elon has had. App. will score points, I don't doubt that. But, not a bunch, and that swiss cheese D front for App had better play the "best" that I keep hearing about and bring some pressure, or Riddle and Hudgins will light them up like the Vegas sky line.

How's that Swiss Cheese D front working out for you? 5 sacks?

I'm crazy? Furman is the only SoCon game that Elon has been held to a low point total. Have you been watching what they have scored in the other games? Also, App St. is winning, but they are giving up points. If other SoCon teams are scoring 3 and 4 TD's a game against them, you think Elon can't score 5 or more TD's? It could be a low scoring affair, but recent history says otherwise.xrulesx

Well, it was a low-scoring affair for one of the teams...

I think Appy is lucky to go 6-5, and even your PAST accomplishments won't get you in with that record.

Umm, this year's accomplishment's get us in...

App State's days of rolling over everyone is over. App fans have another lawn mower to worry about.....one that has eaten up over 1100 yards of offense and scored 97 points in two games.xnodx

Umm, yeah. Those first 2 weeks seem like forever ago...

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 06:38 AM
well, it was fun while it lasted. Choke of major proportions. I will now tuck my tail between my legs and just HOPE we can somehow beat Samford. It was obvious that one team knows how to play in a big game, and the other doesn't.

AppMAN04
November 15th, 2009, 06:42 AM
It was too easy! Elon was way overrated and had a weak schedule... They are a good team but they were given too much too early.. They were talking a lot of smack this week. GO APPS!!

AppMan
November 15th, 2009, 08:01 AM
well, it was fun while it lasted. Choke of major proportions. I will now tuck my tail between my legs and just HOPE we can somehow beat Samford. It was obvious that one team knows how to play in a big game, and the other doesn't.

Your team didn't choke, they got spanked.

Rekdiver
November 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
I don't want to play Elon again this year. Everything that could go wrong did for them, except for putting Armanti out of the game........

elon77
November 15th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Great game ASU, not so much for Elon. But, I had a great day. The crowd was outstanding, the weather was great, the ASU fans I had a chance to be around seemed to be enjoying their day, and except for the first quarter the game wasn't too bad. It was a great day for football and the Socon and I enjoyed it to the max. I can't wait for the next time that I get to watch an FCS football game that had so much going for it. Go Elon, it hurts me but, Go ASU and go Socon.xthumbsupx

SpeedkingATL
November 15th, 2009, 08:48 AM

Beat Samford next week and let's see both teams put some hurt on the rest of the FCS.xthumbsupx

Who knows, maybe we could hook up again in Chatta for a bigger trophy.

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Your team didn't choke, they got spanked.

yes, they did. 3 picks, 3 Armanti TD's, and with 14:56 to go in the 1st half, the game was over. Embarrassed and humiliated. But, we aren't done. There is still some football left. Beat Samford!

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 09:41 AM
So with Samford coming up with wins over GSU and now Wofford, do they have a decent shot against Elon at home?

And if Elon self destructs again this year do they potentially miss the playoffs?

Congrats to App St on a nice win, you guys have been improving with every week this year, and are looking to be a monster this post season.

If they lose next week, I think they will be left out for sure, and should be. If they win vs. Samford, they are in with their only FCS loss coming at the hands of the Mountaineers. I think Samford will be itching to be a spoiler, and Elon will have the pressure of "oh no, not again". Elon has certainly improved the program, but they don't seem to be able to get up for a big game. ie., a loss to Liberty last year to end their playoff chances. I attribute that to the coaching staff, particularly since it keeps happening. Beat Samford!!

CID1990
November 15th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Congrats to ASU.

Maybe our coaches can watch your film and figure out to hold on to a 21-0 lead.

Mountaineer#96
November 15th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Crow is soooo good the morning after

SoCon48
November 15th, 2009, 10:02 AM
Armanti clearly out played the maroon poster boy. It was totally funny, too, the banner of Elon: Conference Champs 2009 picture circulating in the stands.

yosef1969
November 15th, 2009, 10:40 AM
In the words of the immortal Dennis Green: "They are who we thought they were". Meaning a program on the rise but not quite ready for prime time.

yosef1969
November 15th, 2009, 10:42 AM
yes, they did. 3 picks, 3 Armanti TD's, and with 14:56 to go in the 1st half, the game was over. Embarrassed and humiliated. But, we aren't done. There is still some football left. Beat Samford!

I think you could make the argument that the Offense choked (however the 3 INT's could be attributed to pressure and good coverage) but ASU simply manhandled the Elon D.

bigappfan10
November 15th, 2009, 10:43 AM
So fun to be an app fan and so much wish I could've been there yesterday. Even though I could've watched the game on TV-I was very content to pace back and forth on my back deck, listening to the amazing David Jackson do his thing on radio. I've been to so many games but my favorite part was being in Chatty when we all started chanting its-great-to-be-a-mountaineer. When I heared that chant behind Jackson's voice in the 4th quarter, it gave me chills. Fans at Elon yesterday... you are awesome!

DX Man
November 15th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Congrats to ASU.

Maybe our coaches can watch your film and figure out to hold on to a 21-0 lead.

Hey CID1990! I have a question.

I was watching The Citadel play on TV recently and noticed that the checker board in the end zone was red & white. Why the red?

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 12:23 PM
I think you could make the argument that the Offense choked (however the 3 INT's could be attributed to pressure and good coverage) but ASU simply manhandled the Elon D.

App St. played great in all phases. I think the game came down to this: You CAN"T turn the ball over against a team with a weapon like AE and expect to stay in the game. I have seen him play a couple of times in person, but not when he was healthy. Some NFL team has to give this guy a shot to play QB.xbowx

WestCoastAggie
November 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
xlolx @ some of these Avatar pictures. Elon fans jinxed their team. You NEVER make champ. signs BEFORE the game! xsmhx

KiddBrewer
November 15th, 2009, 01:15 PM
xlolx @ some of these Avatar pictures. Elon fans jinxed their team. You NEVER make champ. signs BEFORE the game! xsmhx

youd think that would be common sense huh?xlolx:D

ElonPride
November 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM
It was too easy! Elon was way overrated and had a weak schedule... They are a good team but they were given too much too early.. They were talking a lot of smack this week. GO APPS!!

You realize the majority of both schedules are the same, correct?xeyebrowx

ASU_MBA
November 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM
You realize the majority of both schedules are the same, correct?xeyebrowx

Yeah, you had 'tough' wins against davidson and presby., got destroyed by wake forest, a weak fbs school.

We lost to ECU and a top 10 mcneese state team by less than a touchdown combined.

You did not play a good team close this year and barely won against furman. You are overrated, overhyped and will get destroyed in the playoffs. That makes me happy!

yosef1969
November 15th, 2009, 03:06 PM
App St. played great in all phases. I think the game came down to this: You CAN"T turn the ball over against a team with a weapon like AE and expect to stay in the game. I have seen him play a couple of times in person, but not when he was healthy. Some NFL team has to give this guy a shot to play QB.xbowx

I've stated it many times at games that we are watching a once in a generation type player. I used to think that a shot a QB in the NFL was impossible, but now I'm not so sure.
I'll give you some credit PhoenixMan, you were quite shall we say, "confident" before the game (nothing wrong with that BTW) but you came back today to take your crow and have been very cordial. Sadly not sure some of our fanbase would respond in kind if the shoe were on the other foot.

ericsaid
November 15th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Elon being overrated doesn't help our case. I would rather them be just as good as advertised.

GATA
November 15th, 2009, 04:58 PM
Any particular reason then that Elon has faired better against the teams they have both played? I fully realize that GSU sucks now, but just wondering about your reasoning. But, I can understand your concern.....you already know that ASU is far superior to your team, you can live with that. Now to realize that this IS Elon that has whipped your team 3 years straight now is a tougher pill for you to swallow. Go ahead and get used to it.....it will be your reality for the near and distant future.

So like I was trying to tell you...you had no chance against App State. Of course, you would have known that if you had actually watched App State play football this year. It was obvious they were better than you. I knew it because I watched both teams beat up on a terrible GSU team. It was clear to me from the get go that App State was the best team in the conference. Take you Elon-colored glasses off. You guys aren't championship caliber yet.

Also, congratulations on beating GSU 3 years in a row. I'd be upset but I'm still waiting for Elon to actually win a playoff game. It's kinda hard to be upset by a trash talking Elon fan when beating GSU 3 years in a row is arguably the biggest accomplishment in the history of your program...

set the bar a little bit higher...

I'm not sure where Elon fans get off being upset when somebody who knows what they're talking about points out to you that you're not as good as the Conference's gold standard (App State).

Seeing as how I'm a fan of a program that's actually won playoff games and national championship...I actually know what a championship caliber football team looks like...Elon ain't it. App State is...

If Elon is every capable of winning the conference title I'll be sure to let you know. At the beginning of the season I said that the conference was 1) App State, 2) Elon, 3) everybody else...I was right.

Skjellyfetti
November 15th, 2009, 05:30 PM
You guys aren't championship caliber yet.

And the thing that makes this loss more painful to Elon fans... they lose a whole lot this year... they won't be championship caliber for 3 years or so at the minimum. That's gotta be frustrating. xlolx So close... yet so far.

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I've stated it many times at games that we are watching a once in a generation type player. I used to think that a shot a QB in the NFL was impossible, but now I'm not so sure.
I'll give you some credit PhoenixMan, you were quite shall we say, "confident" before the game (nothing wrong with that BTW) but you came back today to take your crow and have been very cordial. Sadly not sure some of our fanbase would respond in kind if the shoe were on the other foot.

Thank You. Other than the score, the game was fun. I actually enjoyed watching AE do what he does, but it did hurt. The App fans that I saw were pulling for their team, but respectful and not derogatory in any way. Here is the bottom line: We turned it over, AE took advantage, and your D brought pressure all day. That said, we lost to the team that has won the most consecutive SoCon games ever, and 3 of the last 4 NC. The most important game in Elon history now becomes next week vs. Samford. A chance to be in the playoffs. Lose that one and I will believe that we really only good for choking, and I attribute that to the head coach. I mentioned this possible scenario early in the year in regards to a late season collapse and the implications that places on a head coach. I got blasted by fellow Elon fans like I was standing in Tuscaloosa town square trashing Bear Bryant. Tell you what folks....Lembo has taken it to a higher level. If they lose next week and miss it again I hope at least some of you will see my point. If they win and get in, it's all good.

Mikeyosef
November 15th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I keep reading all these comments about Elon being over rated and I disagree. They have a much improved team this year over last and, with the exception of the Wake game have been dominating until this Saturday. What I think this game proved is that App State is way under rated. When we are playing well on both sides of the ball, we are just a very, very good football team. Elon happened to catch us on a good day, in other words an important game day. Unfortunately for Elon, there was soooooo much trash talk from some of the posters that the team is bound to get the "over rated" tag. Unfortunately for the teams we play in the playoffs, those will all be important games. WE COULD GO ALL THE WAY!

On another note, the Elon campus was beautiful and has the makings of a great place to tailgate. Easy in and easy out. Loved every minute, especially the 60 I game to see in the first place. Good luck next week Elon and in the playoffs, you have a real team, just not App State yet.

PhoenixSupreme
November 15th, 2009, 06:42 PM
I mentioned this possible scenario early in the year in regards to a late season collapse and the implications that places on a head coach. I got blasted by fellow Elon fans like I was standing in Tuscaloosa town square trashing Bear Bryant. Tell you what folks....Lembo has taken it to a higher level. If they lose next week and miss it again I hope at least some of you will see my point. If they win and get in, it's all good.

I remember that topic you made. I think a lot of people misinterpreted what you were saying and assumed your point was that he should be fired if the team choked again under him. If we do lose next week I, unfortunately, think the stigma on Lembo being a choker will be so great that the administration may take consideration in letting him go. Hopefully they won't feel that way and they keep in the forefront of their minds the notion that Lembo has rejuvenated the program from the bowels of the FCS into what they are today. Despite the late season collapses, Lembo has been the special coach we need, and he has been a great contributor to the community, and I have faith we'll get over the hump soon.

gophoenix
November 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
youd think that would be common sense huh?xlolx:D

Uhm, App would know. They did the same thing before losing to VMI in 1994.

Saint3333
November 15th, 2009, 06:52 PM
Sure did, worst loss IMO in the modern era for us. Thomas Haskins and the 0-10 VMI marched into KBS and defeated ASU 23-26 in OT. Thanks for bringing that up GP.

Rumor is that Lembo is on the short list for WKU, have you heard this?

4th and What?
November 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
You did not play a good team close this year and barely won against furman. You are overrated, overhyped and will get destroyed in the playoffs. That makes me happy!

Says the team taken to OT by Citadel :)

Congrats on the win again App, you guys have been improving all year, I'm just hoping you peaked too early xsmiley_wix

gophoenix
November 15th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Sure did, worst loss IMO in the modern era for us. Thomas Haskins and the 0-10 VMI marched into KBS and defeated ASU 23-26 in OT. Thanks for bringing that up GP.

Rumor is that Lembo is on the short list for WKU, have you heard this?

Wasn't trying to use it as smack, just telling these new App fans that it even happens to the best of programs.

I've heard the Lembo thing too. I am just not sure, he'll have to have a hefty contract buyout. And, he seems more geared to running private schools than public schools. I think that job would be a death sentence anyway.

One thing I will say about you guys. I sure hope Armanti stays healthy, the team played completely different on both sides of the ball for those two series that he was out.

PhoenixMan
November 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I remember that topic you made. I think a lot of people misinterpreted what you were saying and assumed your point was that he should be fired if the team choked again under him. If we do lose next week I, unfortunately, think the stigma on Lembo being a choker will be so great that the administration may take consideration in letting him go. Hopefully they won't feel that way and they keep in the forefront of their minds the notion that Lembo has rejuvenated the program from the bowels of the FCS into what they are today. Despite the late season collapses, Lembo has been the special coach we need, and he has been a great contributor to the community, and I have faith we'll get over the hump soon.

Even if (God Forbid) they do lose to Samford, and don't get in, I'm NOT saying fire coach Lembo. I just have had a problem all along with A LOT (most all on here it seems) of my fellow Elon fans touting this go so highly. "How can we keep him??", "A mid-major or bigger school will snatch him away?", etc. etc. The "can't win the big one" stigma is strong in the AD/coaching circles. They lose next week and miss it again, he will still have a job at Elon....but you can bet your butt no one will come knocking on the door for him. The meltdown 2 years ago was overlooked because of how bad they had been...last year the drubbing by Woffy at home, and most of all, the loss at Liberty and we only put 3 points on the board. (Nothing against Liberty, but we had the high flying offense, that didn't fly). Miss it this year, and FCS fans across the country will be talking about it. Top 10 all year, 8-1.......BEAT SAMFORD!!

Saint3333
November 15th, 2009, 06:59 PM
I know, sorry should have used the winky face.

Yeah that WKU job isn't a good one, bball is #1 there and they never had sustainable success in the FCS.

Thanks for the well wishes for AE.

ElonPride
November 16th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Even if (God Forbid) they do lose to Samford, and don't get in, I'm NOT saying fire coach Lembo. I just have had a problem all along with A LOT (most all on here it seems) of my fellow Elon fans touting this go so highly. "How can we keep him??", "A mid-major or bigger school will snatch him away?", etc. etc. The "can't win the big one" stigma is strong in the AD/coaching circles. They lose next week and miss it again, he will still have a job at Elon....but you can bet your butt no one will come knocking on the door for him. The meltdown 2 years ago was overlooked because of how bad they had been...last year the drubbing by Woffy at home, and most of all, the loss at Liberty and we only put 3 points on the board. (Nothing against Liberty, but we had the high flying offense, that didn't fly). Miss it this year, and FCS fans across the country will be talking about it. Top 10 all year, 8-1.......BEAT SAMFORD!!

This was something that the Lehigh fans warned of Lembo, not winning the big game. Truthfully, I am happy so far with Lembo. He has built a winning program and a SoCon title contender in a very short time span.

Appattk
November 16th, 2009, 09:42 AM
A few pics from the game.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/4109535088_dcb70ff882_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4109536836_abca434c4b_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/4108669571_9c25dd72a8_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/4108669377_e776a3c19e_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4108807493_1ca31f9420_b.jpg

DLS
November 16th, 2009, 10:26 AM
ha very sneaky

PhoenixMan
November 16th, 2009, 11:48 AM
This was something that the Lehigh fans warned of Lembo, not winning the big game. Truthfully, I am happy so far with Lembo. He has built a winning program and a SoCon title contender in a very short time span.

I'm happy with Lembo thus far also! However, I think it's crunch time this week. Lots of seniors, Riddle/Hudgins, and an 8-1 start. If they lose to Samford I will no longer be happy with him, at all. For Elon at this point, the next step is making the playoffs. Even if you lose in the first round, you MADE it! The proram has made great strides under him, he has had my support, and still does. But, they had better win this week, or I may not be the only one grumbling.

AppAlum96
November 16th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Uhm, App would know. They did the same thing before losing to VMI in 1994.

I was at that game. xbawlingx

THAT was a textbook choke job. VMI was WINLESS at the time, if I remember correctly.

AppMan
November 16th, 2009, 08:58 PM

THAT was a textbook choke job. VMI was WINLESS at the time, if I remember correctly.

Winless and coached by current WVA head man Bill Stewart.

ASU_MBA
November 16th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I think Elon is the Va Tech of the FCS....Always overrated, over-hyped, and can't win the big games....

appmaj
November 17th, 2009, 06:24 AM
A few pics from the game.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/4109535088_dcb70ff882_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4109536836_abca434c4b_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/4108669571_9c25dd72a8_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/4108669377_e776a3c19e_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2750/4108807493_1ca31f9420_b.jpg

Great pics!

PhoenixMan
November 17th, 2009, 07:44 AM
That picture of the bell tower really hurts man. The good news is, I have eaten crow now for 4 days, lost 6 pounds. If they lose next week I will be in tip top shape for the holidays.

Appattk
November 17th, 2009, 08:21 AM
That picture of the bell tower really hurts man. The good news is, I have eaten crow now for 4 days, lost 6 pounds. If they lose next week I will be in tip top shape for the holidays.

I will say that Elon has to be one of the most beautiful campus' I've ever been on. Loved the Jeffersonian Architecture!

SoCon48
November 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM

We were 9-4 that year.

AppStsGr8
November 17th, 2009, 11:21 AM
The bell tower makeover is a scream. I can't believe that little bitty cannon makes all that noise!

SideLine Shooter
November 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
The bell tower makeover is a scream. I can't believe that little bitty cannon makes all that noise!

I kind of like this one:

AppAlum96
November 17th, 2009, 11:29 AM
We were 9-4 that year.

We beat #1 Marshall that year, tore down the goalposts. Then we lost to VMI. Was that the year there was talk of us facing McNair's Alcorn in the playoffs, until that loss?

DX Man
November 17th, 2009, 12:50 PM
I kind of like this one:

My Favoritexthumbsupx

yosef1969
November 17th, 2009, 01:23 PM
We beat #1 Marshall that year, tore down the goalposts. Then we lost to VMI. Was that the year there was talk of us facing McNair's Alcorn in the playoffs, until that loss?

Well that didn't technically prevent ASU from facing Alcorn State but I know what you mean, Alcorn State would have probably made the trip to Boone instead of YSU.
ASU still made the playoffs that year, beat UNH in the first round before losing a close one to Boise State 17-14 in the second round but the loss to VMI was the worst loss since I have been an ASU fan.