PDA

View Full Version : SoCon Championship: App St @ Elon

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

gophoenix
November 12th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Sorry, I didn't intend to hijack this thread. It's supposed to be about a game that I am actually very much looking forward to and plan to attend...I go back to remind you how this discussion started. All I said was that the announcement that Elon was entering the SoCon was of some concern to me. The trend moving the SoCon more Private was becoming more obvious. At the time, ASU was in the final years of the pathetic Roachel Laney and Frank Borkowski years. When I said stagnant in my previous post, backwards would have been more accurate. With the announcement of Elon joining the SoCon many ASU fans that were around through all the years of moving up to D-I, the decision to go along with the I-AA designation decision, etc. took a look around and said we're right back where we started. FWIW the announcement of Samford a couple of years ago was of far more concern! I don't have any ill will towards private schools, I considered going to one myself, Lenoir Rhyne but I chose the lesser financial burden or I should say it chose me. I don't want ASU to endure another period of stagnation after Cobb and Peacock move on and I fear that will happen eventually if they stay where they are now.
And yes, Liberty would have been different due to sheer size alone. Elon is actually closer to 1/4 the size of Liberty when post grads are included. With those post grads Liberty's enrollment is about 33% more than ASU and even though they haven't lived up to it yet, there is serious money and commitment to facilities expansion etc.
Other long term candidates would have been Ga State, Valdosta ST, West GA, or basically any member of the OVC. Why is it do you think that Samford wanted to leave the OVC and then join the SoCon so badly? Think it had anything to do with the fact that the OVC in 100% public and the SoCon was more of a private school league? I realize Elon is not Samford but what's the difference?

No, because Samford tried to get in before Wofford, and the instead of Elon. Because overall, the SoCon is made up of strong athletic schools as well as academic schools. By that, why would Elon leave the Big South who is half private and half public to come to a conference that is 3/4 public? This is why the whole public/private debate is silly.

Liberty I wouldn't mind seeing long term in the conference. Or Coastal. And this is where i think AppMan's argument of the SoCon being private or private like falls apart. Coastal will be a member soon. And another public school is going to come in soon. The Commish wants 14 schools.

KiddBrewer
November 12th, 2009, 08:15 PM
i just picked up free tickets from an elon player!

(im gonna try to not get beat up sitting in the elon section.....)

Saint3333
November 12th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Elon fans your own ticket office is stating that over 6K tickets have been sold to ASU fans. Look at it this way there is a large portion of ASU's fanbase that is Raleigh and east in NC, many of those fans aren't season ticket holders and look at the Elon game as the closest game. This is also why ASU brought well over 5K to NC St. in 2006 and ECU this year.

Given that factor and the overall interest in the game 6K isn't unreasonable.

gophoenix
November 12th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Elon fans your own ticket office is stating that over 6K tickets have been sold to ASU fans. Look at it this way there is a large portion of ASU's fanbase that is Raleigh and east in NC, many of those fans aren't season ticket holders and look at the Elon game as the closest game. This is also why ASU brought well over 5K to NC St. in 2006 and ECU this year.

Given that factor and the overall interest in the game 6K isn't unreasonable.

Maybe not, but I am saying 8k in unreasonable. We average that much on the low side for sunny games. all I am saying is, the number claimed by App is only increasing. Our average, and stadium size isn't. And this is a big game, and you guys are acting like more of our fans aren't coming for a big game, only yours.

PhoenixMan
November 12th, 2009, 08:51 PM
The more the merrier. I just wish the dadgum game would hurry up and get here!

boonedocks
November 12th, 2009, 08:54 PM
The more the merrier. I just wish the dadgum game would hurry up and get here!

This.

Saint3333
November 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
Maybe not, but I am saying 8k in unreasonable. We average that much on the low side for sunny games. all I am saying is, the number claimed by App is only increasing. Our average, and stadium size isn't. And this is a big game, and you guys are acting like more of our fans aren't coming for a big game, only yours.

I have been consistent with my number all week and have fairly good connections with your athletic department.

I was over on the Elon board and a "fan" said they had UNC-CH and Elon tickets and were going to the CH game xnonox. It pained me when I used to see Carolina and Duke shirts at the App game, seeing crap like this must make Elon fans vomit.

AppMan
November 12th, 2009, 10:11 PM
Panties in a wad? No. it's called debate, and though we won't like to admit it, you and I seem to enjoy it.

Of course we enjoy it. Kind of like wrestling a pig is the mud, soon you realize it doesn't bother him because he enjoys it so much.

So first thing is, you're saying FCS should be made up of basically what? A bunch of private schools would could be in FBS if not for the attendance requirement? Seriously, it sounds like you want every school out that could possibly make the move as the rules stands, leaving has-been type public schools and every private school that could field a descent team. Seriously, is that even logical. if that's the case, dump the division entirely.

"Has-been-type schools?" Man I'm glad I didn't say that. Thought I made it pretty clear a number of the public institutions in the SoCon & CAA appear to be a good fit for the FCS. I only mentioned the OVC would be a good place for WCU if the SoCon continued down the private school road. I only mentioned three public schools leaving the CAA. The remaining public institutions left seem to be a great fit for FCS. Taking into consideration what ASU and Montana have done with facilities, what JMU will begin following this season, what ODU has built, what Jax State is building, and what Delaware is mulling over (a new stadium which will probably be in the high 20's, if not 30,000 seats), can you honestly say with a straight face there isn't a huge disparity among that bunch and a majority of FCS public instituions and the private schools? Did you actuually mean to insinuate the private schools in the SoCon could compete at the FBS level if it were not for the attendance requirements? Come on! Let's touch on the subject of attendance. First off, I don't think 15,000 is high enough for FBS programs. It needs to be at least a minimum of 25,000. After all, that is the highest level of college football and there should be a lofty requirement to play there. As far as FCS goes, I think there should be minimum attendance and scholarship requirements for membership there as well. As it is now any school can line off a field and play FCS football. No scholarships, no stadium, and no attendance required. There is no teeth in maximums, but minimum requirements make people toe the line. The NCAA's requirement that all schools must play football at the same level as they do all sports was the beginning of the downfall for 1-AA / FCS football. It will never happen, but there actually needs to be three, perhaps four, divisions within D-I. The BCS or D-1A level, 1AA level made up of the MAC, WAC, CUSA, MTN West, SunBelt, and some of the top level FCS programs, 1-AAA level most of the current FCS programs, and 1-AAAA non-scholarship level.

Second, I'll agree with you on UNCG and CofC, Davidson should be given the option or leave.

Finally, some common ground.

Third, I am equating Duke, Wake and Miami to Elon, Samford, Furman and Wofford for one very specific reason. When you look at football, which is really the complaint here more than anything and more that athletics spending or facilities, you're only real complaint is with image and the image of who you play (yes, big time run-on sentence for the person criticizing grammar). So, yes, when you take Wake, Duke and even Miami and compare them to Florida State, Clemson, NC State, Maryland, UVa it's making the same comparison as in the SoCon. The fan bases of those are fractional in football to the other schools. And that's really what your complaint is. Wallace Wade and BB&T Field are fractional compared to Death Valley and Tallahassee. The comparison is majorly valid.

No, my complaint is schools not comitting the dollars necessary to play at a certain level, and not just private schools. Even though as a % the stadium size and attendance is smaller, those programs (Wake, Duke) still must maintain the same minimum standards in terms of scholarships,coaches, and attendance as the large schools. That is not the case in the FCS. How many schools could meet a minimum attendance figure of say 10,000? Does Elon even awards the maximum number of scholarships for football? A few years back Wofford, Furman, and numerous other privates (and a bunch of public institutions) couldn't fund the number of grants allowed. Yes, I know it costs more to attend to a private school, but the reality is those schools determine their own costs.

So, Western goes OVC and you've left the SoCon with 5 members sicne UTC can make the move. So, it really sounds more like punishing those SoCon schools than pushing forth any sort of logic, especially since mixed leagues (aka the ACC) work. or it sounds like you want the league punished for things you didn't like in the 90s.

I'm not for punishing anyone. I'm for schools being aligned with like minded schools. The disparity at the FCS level is far greater than for FBS for the reasons I gave before. If I were in Elon's shoes I'd jump at the chance to play in a league with all those private schools, although The Citadel and W&M are actually public schools.

I never blamed the Big South for the reason for moving Elon to the SoCon.
I never blamed the SAC-8 for Elon moving to D-I. It was just a logical move and had nothing to do with the schools where they were.

Bull! So what, in your opinion, was the reason Elon made the move? It couldn't have been for saving $'s due to decreased travel costs, or the opportunity to be more competitve. It had everything to do with image and perception.

So in a perfect world. Who would you want rather than Samford? Who instead of Wofford? I am am saying be logical. Take into account that those public schools in the SE are facing huge budgets cuts and funding cuts. So, in reality, private schools are the only ones that are maintaining or pushing forward.

Sorry, but I'm going back to the last two schools admitted. Jax State would have been my choice in place of Samford and I would have gone after EKU in place of Elon. Today there are more private football playing schools in the league than public. No conference in the nation has the SoCon's make-up. The the conference would have looked like ASU, EKU, GSU, Jax State UTC, WCU, The Citadel, Furman, and Wofford. Still a fairly large number of private schools relative to total number of institutions.

Sorry to get so long winded. However, I'm finished with this because we'll never see eye to eye.

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2009, 11:02 PM
I hadn't been following Elon closely but I see the defensive stats are absolutely spectacular. It'll be interesting to see how that defense does against Appalachian State.

I wish McNeese had defensive stats like that.

Just play your starting D against Davidson and Presby the whole game an tada, you can have spectacular D stats as well. Simple really.xthumbsupx

Appinator
November 12th, 2009, 11:08 PM
So just an estimate here, but if both sides sell out (6,401 and 1,619) that equals 8,020. I just bought an extra ticket online in the grass section for a friend and it is labeled 3,565, which would put the total right now at 11,585.

Question to Elon people, do students have to purchase tickets or do they get in free? That could push the total into the 13K plus range we all are expecting....

GreatAppSt
November 12th, 2009, 11:09 PM
xscanx

First time today xlolx

BTW it's a new day and, Elon's toast!xnodx

phoenixphanatic21
November 13th, 2009, 12:11 AM
So just an estimate here, but if both sides sell out (6,401 and 1,619) that equals 8,020. I just bought an extra ticket online in the grass section for a friend and it is labeled 3,565, which would put the total right now at 11,585.

Question to Elon people, do students have to purchase tickets or do they get in free? That could push the total into the 13K plus range we all are expecting....

We students get free tickets, so there should be a bunch that show up for the game.

whoanellie
November 13th, 2009, 06:48 AM
We students get free tickets, so there should be a bunch that show up for the game.

the "babes" might show up and tailgate but really it will be sad to have most of the crowd just come in to the stadium after kick-offs. it seems to be widespread at this level. come late/ leave early....

gophoenix
November 13th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Bull! So what, in your opinion, was the reason Elon made the move? It couldn't have been for saving $'s due to decreased travel costs, or the opportunity to be more competitve. It had everything to do with image and perception.

I never said we didn't make the move because it wasn't a step up. Saying anything different would be lieing. What I am saying is that we took it as a logical move, but didn't say (like many App fans say) its because of Charleston Southern, or Gardner-Webb; but Winthrop and Radford are ok. See the difference?

Sorry, but I'm going back to the last two schools admitted. Jax State would have been my choice in place of Samford and I would have gone after EKU in place of Elon. Today there are more private football playing schools in the league than public. No conference in the nation has the SoCon's make-up. The the conference would have looked like ASU, EKU, GSU, Jax State UTC, WCU, The Citadel, Furman, and Wofford. Still a fairly large number of private schools relative to total number of institutions.

Which goes back to 2 problems with those schools.
Jax State wants FBS. They've said so. Admitting a school with no long term intentions is like making an investment you lose money in. The last thing you want as a conference is to then lose App, JSU and GSU at the same time to FBS. So then, what do you do when all 3 leave at the same time? The conference is even more scrwed.... that just doesn't make good business sense.

EKU went through budget cuts they same time we were admitted (which we were going through huge budget increases). Which is a more sound investment.

This is why I said, who that is a logical business decision for the conference would you have taken, given what the conference needs, stability.

Sorry to get so long winded. However, I'm finished with this because we'll never see eye to eye.

4 years of this and we haven't seen eye to eye. This isn't over, and we can have the debate until we're blue in the face and it wouldn't be over. But you're right, we'll never see eye to eye.

Appstate29
November 13th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Speaking of watching the game, anyone know where ASU fans/alumni around Charlotte are gathering to watch it on tv? We arent going to the game this weekend, so a few of us want to gather with fans to watch it.

Angry Ale's has shown most of the games this year from GoASU TV, so we're going to go there for the game on SS

jonmac
November 13th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Does anybody know of a viewing party in Greenville, NC? I may not be able to make it to Elon and don't get SportSouth.

Appinator
November 13th, 2009, 07:57 AM

Are they issued before the game though, or do you just get in with a student ID? If all of those tickets are unaccounted for, that might put the game in the 13K-15K people are hoping for.

ASUG8
November 13th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Does anybody know of a viewing party in Greenville, NC? I may not be able to make it to Elon and don't get SportSouth.

Our alumni chapter president says she's busy this weekend, so she didn't schedule anything. xeyebrowx Do ya think there might be more alumni here than simply YOU???????????? xrulesx xnonono2x

elon77
November 13th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Are they issued before the game though, or do you just get in with a student ID? If all of those tickets are unaccounted for, that might put the game in the 13K-15K people are hoping for.

Students have to pick up tickets before the game, there are a limited number held for students. I do not know the number though.

Appinator
November 13th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Students have to pick up tickets before the game, there are a limited number held for students. I do not know the number though.

Wow, so if you don't show up in time, you don't get them? Can you only pick them up on game day, or before hand?

At App, they just sold all reserved and grass seats and let the students pack into their blocked off sections, but all you had to do to get into the game was to have your active student ID, no tickets (think it might have changed after I left in 2006 though). It doesn't matter if 3k students show up or 10k.

Maybe we won't go that much over 13k then....

jonmac
November 13th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Our alumni chapter president says she's busy this weekend, so she didn't schedule anything. xeyebrowx Do ya think there might be more alumni here than simply YOU???????????? xrulesx xnonono2x

Not sure how to take your post. I'm asking about Greenville, NC. It appears you are in Greenville, SC . Sorry for the confusion. There are no viewing parties scheduled for my area. I actually live about an hour from Greenville, NC. But need to go there anyway on Saturday if I can't make it to Elon.

Grabholdofyosef
November 13th, 2009, 08:41 AM
http://www.alumni.appstate.edu/events/viewingparties.html
Thanks for the info. I had heard about Fox and Hound but I spoke to the manager yesterday and he said he had not heard from anyone from Alumni chapter, so they had no plans to make a premiere game there. he said the problem was there were three big games at 3:30 that would get the sound and the prime tv spots. (Miami-UNC, florida-USC and Iowa-OSU).

Does anyone know if the alumni chapter has set something up with a bar anywhere in Charlotte?

appirishmen
November 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Wow, so if you don't show up in time, you don't get them? Can you only pick them up on game day, or before hand?

At App, they just sold all reserved and grass seats and let the students pack into their blocked off sections, but all you had to do to get into the game was to have your active student ID, no tickets (think it might have changed after I left in 2006 though). It doesn't matter if 3k students show up or 10k.

Maybe we won't go that much over 13k then....

you have to print out a tick now. and ive heard on the Elon board that some Elon tick holders are going to the UNC game instead. i still say their will be a TON of App people since Alamance County in App alum central.

ASUG8
November 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Not sure how to take your post. I'm asking about Greenville, NC. It appears you are in Greenville, SC . Sorry for the confusion. There are no viewing parties scheduled for my area. I actually live about an hour from Greenville, NC. But need to go there anyway on Saturday if I can't make it to Elon.

No, I understood with your bolding and everything xlolx Just sharing my personal woes about our area. xnonono2x

jonmac
November 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
No, I understood with your bolding and everything xlolx Just sharing my personal woes about our area. xnonono2x

Aha, now I understand your post. It does suck that she didn't plan anything just because she's out of town. Be glad you have a local Alumni Chapter though. I have thought about starting one down this way but not sure if I could put in the time that is necessary.

PhoenixMan
November 13th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Just play your starting D against Davidson and Presby the whole game an tada, you can have spectacular D stats as well. Simple really.xthumbsupx

Check out the defensive stats against SoCon teams if you like. And, compare the stats against teams that App and Elon have both played. No comparison....App gives up points, Elon does not. That said, tomorrow could be totally different.

The Moody1
November 13th, 2009, 09:12 AM

When is the next election? I will vote for you. :D

AppIAA
November 13th, 2009, 09:13 AM
So it appears that no matter what us App fans say, it seems to irritate GoPhoenix.. He's getting his "panties in a wad" because some App fans think the direction the conference is going with private schools is going against the future for App (which it is -- it is not the mold for App athletics). Then he gets irritated because someone simply mentions the message the voice of the mountaineers relayed on mountaineer talk about the attendance.. hmm, whats next? Going to get PO'ed when an App fan is wearing black on Saturday?

Seriously, you need to not get so defensive on a message board.. it makes life much easier not stressing over what someone has to say on the internet ;)

jus10asu
November 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Eloan is in for a rude awakening tomorrow. You can bet on that.

Go APP STATE!!!

phoenixphanatic21
November 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Eloan is in for a rude awakening tomorrow. You can bet on that.

Go APP STATE!!!

You sure it's not the other way around?

Go Elon! Beat App!

SoCon48
November 13th, 2009, 10:46 AM
So it appears that no matter what us App fans say, it seems to irritate GoPhoenix.. He's getting his "panties in a wad" because some App fans think the direction the conference is going with private schools is going against the future for App (which it is -- it is not the mold for App athletics). Then he gets irritated because someone simply mentions the message the voice of the mountaineers relayed on mountaineer talk about the attendance.. hmm, whats next? Going to get PO'ed when an App fan is wearing black on Saturday?

Seriously, you need to not get so defensive on a message board.. it makes life much easier not stressing over what someone has to say on the internet ;)

Hmmm.

T-Dog
November 13th, 2009, 10:55 AM
You sure it's not the other way around?

Go Elon! Beat App!

No, he's an App fan, so he meant it the first time. xrulesx :D :p

yosef1969
November 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Of course we enjoy it. Kind of like wrestling a pig is the mud, soon you realize it doesn't bother him because he enjoys it so much.

"Has-been-type schools?" Man I'm glad I didn't say that. Thought I made it pretty clear a number of the public institutions in the SoCon & CAA appear to be a good fit for the FCS. I only mentioned the OVC would be a good place for WCU if the SoCon continued down the private school road. I only mentioned three public schools leaving the CAA. The remaining public institutions left seem to be a great fit for FCS. Taking into consideration what ASU and Montana have done with facilities, what JMU will begin following this season, what ODU has built, what Jax State is building, and what Delaware is mulling over (a new stadium which will probably be in the high 20's, if not 30,000 seats), can you honestly say with a straight face there isn't a huge disparity among that bunch and a majority of FCS public instituions and the private schools? Did you actuually mean to insinuate the private schools in the SoCon could compete at the FBS level if it were not for the attendance requirements? Come on! Let's touch on the subject of attendance. First off, I don't think 15,000 is high enough for FBS programs. It needs to be at least a minimum of 25,000. After all, that is the highest level of college football and there should be a lofty requirement to play there. As far as FCS goes, I think there should be minimum attendance and scholarship requirements for membership there as well. As it is now any school can line off a field and play FCS football. No scholarships, no stadium, and no attendance required. There is no teeth in maximums, but minimum requirements make people toe the line. The NCAA's requirement that all schools must play football at the same level as they do all sports was the beginning of the downfall for 1-AA / FCS football. It will never happen, but there actually needs to be three, perhaps four, divisions within D-I. The BCS or D-1A level, 1AA level made up of the MAC, WAC, CUSA, MTN West, SunBelt, and some of the top level FCS programs, 1-AAA level most of the current FCS programs, and 1-AAAA non-scholarship level.

Finally, some common ground.

No, my complaint is schools not comitting the dollars necessary to play at a certain level, and not just private schools. Even though as a % the stadium size and attendance is smaller, those programs (Wake, Duke) still must maintain the same minimum standards in terms of scholarships,coaches, and attendance as the large schools. That is not the case in the FCS. How many schools could meet a minimum attendance figure of say 10,000? Does Elon even awards the maximum number of scholarships for football? A few years back Wofford, Furman, and numerous other privates (and a bunch of public institutions) couldn't fund the number of grants allowed. Yes, I know it costs more to attend to a private school, but the reality is those schools determine their own costs.

I'm not for punishing anyone. I'm for schools being aligned with like minded schools. The disparity at the FCS level is far greater than for FBS for the reasons I gave before. If I were in Elon's shoes I'd jump at the chance to play in a league with all those private schools, although The Citadel and W&M are actually public schools.

xthumbsupx

LegalGaSouthernEagle
November 13th, 2009, 12:56 PM
App state should win by 2 touchdowns tomorrow. Like the rest of the SoCon, Appy is definitely down this year. Elon, is well,.......still Elon.

GATA
November 13th, 2009, 01:13 PM
This IS Elon we're talking about. There's pretty much a ZERO chance they win this game against App State.

It's one thing to beat up on trash teams like Georgia Southern and Western Carolina...App State is a different monster.

Saint3333
November 13th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I feel like the kiss of death has been placed upon App Nation.

PhoenixMan
November 13th, 2009, 01:17 PM
This IS Elon we're talking about. There's pretty much a ZERO chance they win this game against App State.

It's one thing to beat up on trash teams like Georgia Southern and Western Carolina...App State is a different monster.

Any particular reason then that Elon has faired better against the teams they have both played? I fully realize that GSU sucks now, but just wondering about your reasoning. But, I can understand your concern.....you already know that ASU is far superior to your team, you can live with that. Now to realize that this IS Elon that has whipped your team 3 years straight now is a tougher pill for you to swallow. Go ahead and get used to it.....it will be your reality for the near and distant future.

Skjellyfetti
November 13th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Any particular reason then that Elon has faired better against the teams they have both played?

Elon hasn't fared any better than Appalachian in teams they have both played. We're both UNDEFEATED in the SoCon. xrulesx

Elon crushed a couple of teams App struggled against (Wofford and the Citadel) and App crushed the team that Elon struggled against (Furman).

Skjellyfetti
November 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Any particular reason then that Elon has faired better against the teams they have both played?

Elon hasn't fared any better against teams they have both played. Both teams are UNDEFEATED in SoCon play. xrulesx

Yeah, Elon crushed a couple of teams App struggled against (Wofford and the Citadel). But, App crushed a Furman team that Elon struggled to beat.

PhoenixMan
November 13th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Elon hasn't fared any better against teams they have both played. Both teams are UNDEFEATED in SoCon play. xrulesx

Yeah, Elon crushed a couple of teams App struggled against (Wofford and the Citadel). But, App crushed a Furman team that Elon struggled to beat.

Well, if you look at points for and against in those games Elon has a decided edge...but that doesn't mean squat. I was just responding to a smart a$$ GSU fan and reminding him that they are 0-3 against the Phoenix in the last 3 meetings.

PhoenixSupreme
November 13th, 2009, 05:28 PM

Exactly...the transitive property of football does not work for either team

LegalGaSouthernEagle
November 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM
Any particular reason then that Elon has faired better against the teams they have both played? I fully realize that GSU sucks now, but just wondering about your reasoning. But, I can understand your concern.....you already know that ASU is far superior to your team, you can live with that. Now to realize that this IS Elon that has whipped your team 3 years straight now is a tougher pill for you to swallow. Go ahead and get used to it.....it will be your reality for the near and distant future.
That's pretty funny. Even in the darkest of times for GSU, (the last 3 years) elon has not exactly blown us of the field. I suspect that once we get rid of this cast of clowns presently running things at GSU, things will get back to normal. I.E. GSU whipping Elon.
Elon has improved over the past years under Lembo, but come on. Given GSU's recruiting edge, I doubt this little hiccup of the past 3 years will last long.

GreatAppSt
November 13th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Elon's Toast!xthumbsupx

PhoenixMan
November 13th, 2009, 07:40 PM
That's pretty funny. Even in the darkest of times for GSU, (the last 3 years) elon has not exactly blown us of the field. I suspect that once we get rid of this cast of clowns presently running things at GSU, things will get back to normal. I.E. GSU whipping Elon.
Elon has improved over the past years under Lembo, but come on. Given GSU's recruiting edge, I doubt this little hiccup of the past 3 years will last long.

Recruting edge? You have said yourself a bunch of clowns are running things. I would assume that includes the coaching staff. As long Elon continues to recruit Florida like we have, this will be a loooooooooong hiccup.

KiddBrewer
November 13th, 2009, 09:07 PM
its it game time yet? if i go to sleep now, will it get here sooner?

LegalGaSouthernEagle
November 13th, 2009, 09:33 PM
Recruting edge? You have said yourself a bunch of clowns are running things. I would assume that includes the coaching staff. As long Elon continues to recruit Florida like we have, this will be a loooooooooong hiccup.I also said that once the clowns I referred to are gone, the ship will be righted. Perhaps that part was lost on you?
In terms of recruiting FL, GSU has the potential to recruit not only FL, but on a national level. Not sure I could say the same for Elon. As long as you play in front of that 8,000 person crowd, GSU will beat you in recruiting most years. (That is if, to quote my boy "blueballs", we get our "feces coagulated" in the next couple years.....big assumption, I know.)
That said, you all have had a great season, and a nice run under Lembo. I respect what you're building. I just happen to think that GSU should've left the SoCon already and moved onto FBS pastures. Admittedly, it irritates me that today we are getting beat by schools like Samford and Elon, who don't have 1/6 of the tradition that GSU has. GSU is a school with mad national potential. It's just a shame our current "leaders", and I use term loosely, don't realize it.
GATA.

I stand by my prediction that Appy wins by 2 TDs.

theasushow
November 13th, 2009, 09:57 PM
why cant this game be at like 10am? now i will have to pace in the living room all day.
wow....this time tomorrow we will have crowned a champ.
excuse me while i go throw up from the nerves.

Elon Fightin' Christians
November 13th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Has anyone figured out if this game is on Channelsurfing.net . Or is it on DirectTV nationally so I can go to a sports bar and get it?? How can I get to watch this game in new jersey?

I really don't want to be stuck listening to the radio webcast and yelling at a blank computer screen...

Keenan
November 13th, 2009, 10:39 PM
Has anyone figured out if this game is on Channelsurfing.net . Or is it on DirectTV nationally so I can go to a sports bar and get it?? How can I get to watch this game in new jersey?

I really don't want to be stuck listening to the radio webcast and yelling at a blank computer screen...

DirecTV Ch.649. I'm certain it will also be on Channelsurfing, but that won't be posted until tomorrow.

LegalGaSouthernEagle
November 13th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I'm mildly shocked that Appy fans are worried about the outcome of this game.
Much ado about nothing.
Appy wins big, and goes on to rep this year's SoCon in the playoffs......i.e. loses in the quarters.

Skjellyfetti
November 13th, 2009, 11:08 PM
Previews from each team's perspective:

App:
http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/sports/football/617446/app-state-vs--elon-football-preview--app-st

Elon:
http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/top_stories/617538/app-state-at-elon-football-preview--elon?ap=1&Flash

Interesting to see the gap between the team's indoor practice facilities.

And, sounds like Cortez the Killer has some confidence. xnodx

SoCon48
November 14th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Exactly...the transitive property of football does not work for either team

So they say. But if team A beats team B by 50. Team C beats team B by 3. My money's on A when A plays C.

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 04:17 AM
So they say. But if team A beats team B by 50. Team C beats team B by 3. My money's on A when A plays C.

good use of your transitive property!xthumbsupx my teachers always taught me to LOVE my transitive property!!xreadxxreadxxwhistlexxreadxxreadx

ps. i agree with your theory

but for certainty's sake, when it comes to football, the true transitive doesnt apply....

because if A>B and B>C.....on ANY GIVEN SATURDAY (name drop, rep points) C can be > A!!!!!!!!

but you can still put your money on A, through the use of your predictive models and theories

oh, how i love football :D ....math, not so much

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 04:25 AM
I'm mildly shocked that Appy fans are worried about the outcome of this game.
Much ado about nothing.
Appy wins big, and goes on to rep this year's SoCon in the playoffs......i.e. loses in the quarters.

not to cut and dry this year im afraid, elon is the truth. xcoffeex

Appinator
November 14th, 2009, 06:31 AM
On my way! Beat Late-Hit University!

neers04
November 14th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Viewing Party North Charlotte! Harvey's in Huntersville will be showing the game on their big screens along with as many tv's that are needed. We will have the sound on, and the App Ale for $2.00 a pint today! This is the last batch of the season. We will be looking for all those that couldn't make it to the game!!!

13812 Cinnabar Place
Huntersville, NC 28078
704-947-5080 call for directions (vermillion neighborhood)

P.S. This bar and grill is owned by two App grads and has other employees that are recent graduates as well! See you soon!

PhoenixMan
November 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
GSU in the FBS. Can't win in the SoCon....FBS would be interesting for you guys. Seriously though, I have a lot of respect for what GSU has done in the past, and I was familiar with them even before Elon joined the SoCon. However, you are very derogatory towards my university, especially with the this IS Elon stuff. Good luck next year.

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Previews from each team's perspective:

App:
http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/sports/football/617446/app-state-vs--elon-football-preview--app-st

Elon:
http://news14.com/charlotte-news-104-content/top_stories/617538/app-state-at-elon-football-preview--elon?ap=1&Flash

Interesting to see the gap between the team's indoor practice facilities.

And, sounds like Cortez the Killer has some confidence. xnodx

If you think that won't have something to factor into this one and you are crazy.......practicing in a gym is nothing like being on turf (grass or field). The weather in NC this past week because of the hurricane might have played into ASU's favor, but that is why we play the GAME. GO APP!

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Anyone find this one on channelsurfing.net..............I looked on my TV here and it says Southern Cal vs. who cares in our time slot on FSN south, but a lot of the time who it says is playing isn't who actually comes to the TV. My cable company is a regional small start up provider so they aren't the greatest but they keep my rate low and give me free HD.

Phoenix87
November 14th, 2009, 12:28 PM
FSN South and SportSouth are two different channels. It won't be on FSN South.

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 12:30 PM
I don't see it listed on channelsurfing, damnit.

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
FSN South and SportSouth are two different channels. It won't be on FSN South.

What is silly is they have the same website.....

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Channelsurfing.net has been adding games like every 30 minutes though so I'm sure this one will show soon.

Skjellyfetti
November 14th, 2009, 12:49 PM
I hope so... been calling around to sports bars trying to find someone that would show it... haven't had any luck yet. xmadxxmadxxmadx

AppAlum2003
November 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
If you know anyone with a Slingbox, you could watch the game via their TV online.

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 01:02 PM
I hope so... been calling around to sports bars trying to find someone that would show it... haven't had any luck yet. xmadxxmadxxmadx

I guess this is what happens when alumni get jobs and move away......we should be so lucky I know a few guys who still live in and around Boone still looking for work xeyebrowx

CrackerRiley
November 14th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Less than an our til game time! Unfortunately I will not be able to watch the first hour of the game while I'm here at work.... unless channelsurfing adds it.

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 01:58 PM
about 2 minutes to kickoff...... Are you ready?!?!?!?!

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Alright time to get it on!!! Time to finally let things get settled on the field!

CrackerRiley
November 14th, 2009, 02:02 PM
about 2 minutes to kickoff...... Are you ready?!?!?!?!

ME! ME! I'm ready!!! xnodxxnodx

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:03 PM
App wins the toss and defers!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:04 PM
come D start it off strong

StrikeJMU
November 14th, 2009, 02:05 PM
never thought I'd say it, but...lets go App State. Its cool that I can actually watch the game.

asknoquarter21
November 14th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Let's go D!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:07 PM
1st down pass Phoenix

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
3rd down

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Big 3rd and 3 Lets get a STOP!!!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
4th down- nice job d

asknoquarter21
November 14th, 2009, 02:09 PM
3 and Out

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:10 PM
App Starts 1st & 10 on their own 10

CrackerRiley
3 and Out

not quite they got a first

appstate38
#1 offense vs. #1 defense..... Here we go

3E9App
ASU 1st Down! Up to the 25!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM
App offense to punt

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
ASU to Punt
Elon takes over 1st & 10 at their own 29
Media Timeout

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:16 PM
No sure how I feel about throwing a screen pass on 3rd and 9 against a nickel package...

appstate38
Riddle sacked!!!

3E9App
SACK! ASU D!!!

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Nice Sack! -6

appstate38
INT APP D

3E9App
INTERCEPTION LEGREEEEE!!!

CrackerRiley
WHOOOOOOO!!!

AlphaSigMD
MARRRRRRRRK LEGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:18 PM
1st & 10 ASU on the 50

appstate38
INTERCEPTION LEGREEEEE!!!

We are competing for the play by play

3E9App
1st Down ASU up to the Elon 32!!

CrackerRiley
That's another Mountaineer..... FIRST DOWN

3E9App

Pretty sure you got me by a few seconds so you can have it if ya want it.

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM

Don't know why I need to watch the game with you guys doing the commentary xlolx

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Apps moving!!!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:20 PM
1st down 15 yard line

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Any indication how many ASU fans are at Elon today?

appstate38
Pretty sure you got me by a few seconds so you can have it if ya want it.

No big deal just thought it was funny

3E9App
TD for AE!!!!

CrackerRiley
Any indication how many ASU fans are at Elon today?
David Jackson said it looks like half and half

appstate38
Apps strike first..... Guess WHO!!!! AE

StrikeJMU
thats the #1 defense eh?

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:22 PM
TD ASU! Yeeehaaaw!!!

CrackerRiley
I love it baby!!

3E9App
7:17 left in the 1st
7-0 ASU

Aho_Old_Guy
I hate it when you guys go quiet --- I fear bad things from the silence :p

paward
November 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Lot of football to play but I would have to say advantage Appalachian State.

AlphaSigMD
thats the #1 defense eh?

Don't Jinx us bro! ASU has the No. 1 offense in the country. It's OUR defense that is going to be the key factor today.

Plus, we had a short field by virtue of an INT

BullDog85
Citadel 21
Mockingbirds 3
Half-Time

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Kick off coverage has been good so far!!!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
3rd and short- Elon

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Citadel 21
Mockingbirds 3
Half-Time

xthumbsupx Dogs doing a nice job today! xthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Don't Jinx us bro! ASU has the No. 1 offense in the country. It's OUR defense that is going to be the key factor today.

Plus, we had a short field by virtue of an INT

Yeah, the INT has definitely given you the momentum those far

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
3rd down again come on d

BullDog85
November 14th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Looks like a battle of the defenses @ Ellen. GO HASH STATE!

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:29 PM
PICK!

appstate38
INT #2 Pass d is looking good

CrackerRiley
INT!! INT!! INT!! INT!!

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Another INT for ASU. Gotta take advantage of these mistakes!

mistersykes
Wow, what's up with Riddle? I guess the same thing that was up with Armanti last week...

PhoenixSupreme
Darn you Scott Riddle! Focus, man!

asknoquarter21
Let the late hits begin

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
3rd down Apps

AlphaSigMD
Well, that INT was the same as a good punt for Elon, let's flip the field position...

appstate38
1st down AE to Cline

mistersykes
YES Matt Cline big catch!

3E9App
WooHoo! Great play by AE and Cline!

CrackerRiley
November 14th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Elon Defense.... meet #1 offense

appstate38
Cline a big impact so far

theasushow
elon defense getting shredded so far.

DX Man
The only cheers I'm hearing from the crowd is A-S-U! From what the cameras are showing. There is clearly more App fans there.

appstate38
Pass interference--- Elon D

BullDog85
November 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
xthumbsupx Dogs doing a nice job today! xthumbsupx

Thanks. Getting it done today with our walk-on Knob QB Tommy Edwards. He started with all our other QB with gimpy ankles and turf toe.

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 02:33 PM
App in the Red Zone......again!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:34 PM
3rd down Apps in the red zone

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Time to punch it it!!!

appstate38
1st and goal AE on draw

theasushow
td!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
TD APPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DX Man
Elon #43 just got schooled!!! You don't try and tackle Armanti in the open field silly phoenix!

BTW............TD App State!!!!!!

WrenFGun
What's the score here?

appstate38
Started this way last week.... Can't let up

3E9App
#1 Offense - 14
#1 Defense - 0

CrackerRiley
14-0 first qtr.

Still can't get complacent boys!!

ronpayne
November 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
14-0

dungeonjoe
Score?

mistersykes
Armanti's second TD! This gives us a nice cushion for that Elon offense that can score in a hurry...

appstate38
What's the score here?

14-0 APPS

KiddBrewer
ohhhh this is sweeeeeet! :)

paward
Key series coming for Elon. Make a game of it or fold here.

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
90 yard drive!!!! NICE by the O

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 02:38 PM
WOW! What a hit App just put on that Elon punt returner!!!!

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Damn, that sounded rough. Is the guy okay?

ronpayne
Interception Mountaineers!!!!!

theasushow
int legree!!!!

DX Man
Another INT! Great job Riddle...LOL

mistersykes
WOO!

MarchingMountaineer
We can do this all day!

KiddBrewer
hahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah suck it losers

after the things ive read, why not throw out a "loser" or two

PhoenixSupreme
Not again....Ugh!

appstate38
INT #3 LEGREE

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:40 PM
ANOTHER PICK FOR LEGREE!!

asknoquarter21
3 Picks!!!!

mistersykes
Legree is on FIRE!

CrackerRiley
Damnit, this audio stream is getting way behind now!!

A-S-U!!!

DX Man
Are the rest of you hearing the ASU cheers coming out of the TV???

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 02:41 PM
Moore down to the 2 yd line

PhoenixSupreme
Allright...who showed App that banner from the Smack Thread?

mistersykes
Are the rest of you hearing the ASU cheers coming out of the TV???

On the radio, it sounds like 50/50 crowd maybe. Can't hear the ASU chants though.

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Wow...just wow! I'll take that 1st quarter...

theasushow
if i remember right, this game was supposed to decide the best qb in the socon.

CrackerRiley
On the radio, it sounds like 50/50 crowd maybe. Can't hear the ASU chants though.

I'm listening... I hear a lot of A-S-U

14-0 App end of first.

.... also currently on the 3 yard linexthumbsupx

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
if i remember right, this game was supposed to decide the best qb in the socon.

AND THE WINNER IS......DRUMROLL PLEASExsmiley_wix

AlphaSigMD
As a side note, Armanti Edwards has 39 wins as a starting QB. I believe the division 1 record is 42. So, that record is potentially within reach as well...

theasushow
elon d nearly gave up their 208 yard per game average in the first quarter.
oh and the 12 points per game was surpassed like 9 minutes into the game.

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
TD ASU! All AE!
21-0 ASU

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 02:44 PM
TD App State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CrackerRiley
November 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Did I mention? I'm lovin' it!!!!

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 02:46 PM
ok guys, dont get complacent. this has the look of the jmu game from last year...and we all know how that ended upxbawlingx

mistersykes
I'm listening... I hear a lot of A-S-U

14-0 App end of first.

.... also currently on the 3 yard linexthumbsupx

Huh, thats weird. Maybe its my speakers...doesn't matter. 21-0 Mountaineers! WOO! Don't let up!

DX Man
Whats so funny is that Armanti just scored that TD through that same Elon #43 that tried to tackle him in the open field. I thought thought they were supposed to be smart at Elon. Obviously #43 is not learning his lesson very well. LOL

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I see a recurring pattern here with the picks and scores...

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 02:48 PM
still lookin for that elon "swagger" we heard about all week.

BullDog85
November 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Looks like Appy D showed up for the game. You can't give AE all of these opportunities to score and expect to win.

MarchingMountaineer
November 14th, 2009, 02:50 PM
Elon not looking to pass right now. Wonder why....

AppAlum96
November 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Late arrival here. I couldn't find the game on Channelsurfing.net, any hope? I've got the audio on.

DX Man
What has happened to Air Riddle? LOL

Mountaineer#96
good 1st quarter

appmaj
I am going to bash Sam Wyche on this thread too...he is awful; Sportsouth coverage is great except for him

Mountaineer#96
November 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Late arrival here. I couldn't find the game on Channelsurfing.net, any hope? I've got the audio on.

still not up.....the site is getting slow.........you would think no one is watching Central Arkanas vs. Sam Houston .....put our game on

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 02:52 PM
i think asu could be up 35-0 and sam wyche would still say "elon is just a couple big plays away from being right back in this" he has said that after every score.
p.s. sack on riddle

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Riddle sacked!

KiddBrewer
November 14th, 2009, 02:53 PM
haha there all kinds of confused......theres no way riddle doesnt know he doesnt have 14 seconds to throw the ball.....i love it

gbhmt
November 14th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Still no feed?

DX Man
Hello Mr Riddle. Meet #99 of The App State Mountaineers!!! Can you say "sacked for a loss?"

CrackerRiley
Looks like we gotta drive 95 yards for a score this time... xwhistlexxsmiley_wix

theasushow
the inexperience is killing elon, they look real rattled out there. we all know they are a better team than this.

ASU_Fanatic
ha, were pwn'ing, hey, elon fans...is Riddle still better than Edwards? haha

mistersykes

Couldn't find it either...I'll stick with Jackson and Brownie and this thread!xthumbsupx

boonegoon
November 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I am going to bash Sam Wyche on this thread too...he is awful; Sportsouth coverage is great except for him

Dude, its like listening to Billy Packer. Awful

appstate38
SIDE NOTE WCU BEATS EKU!!!! WAY TOO CATS!

PhoenixSupreme
I gotta admit...App has everything clicking right now.

Elon D needs to step it up so the O can try to get back into this

mistersykes
Western score just went final - beats EKU decisively...go figure.

Banks!!!
November 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Does anyone get SportsSouth in HD? I'm in the Lake Norman area...we get FSN HD but no SportsSouth HD on Time Warner. For the loss.

Concerning the game, the D is playing really inspired today, which is what we needed to see. We could stand to tighten up the middle a little more, but I think a few yards on the ground here and there is worth not getting beat downfield by Riddle. Hope the intensity stays up all game.

Wyche is awful, but his point about Elon being built to come from behind is well-received over here. They have a lot of weapons.

Mountaineer#96
Couldn't find it either...I'll stick with Jackson and Brownie and this thread!xthumbsupx

Still nothing on channel surfing...................but they got every other SoCon school on there ......WTF xmadxxmadxxmadxxmadx

KiddBrewer
THERES IS NOT ONE throw that armanti can't make. if im wrong, tell me, but i bet im not!

appstate38
Ben Jorden!!!! 1st down

09griz
What is up with Elon? Man, I seem to remember being told they were fantastic.. :)

3E9App
November 14th, 2009, 02:57 PM
SIDE NOTE WCU BEATS EKU!!!! WAY TOO CATS!

xthumbsupxxthumbsupx Great job by WCU today xthumbsupxxthumbsupx

PhoenixSupreme
November 14th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Good job stopping AE, Elon! The little things do add up

Mountaineer#96
What is up with Elon? Man, I seem to remember being told they were fantastic.. :)

Hahaha..........it still is early, but the hole they have to slog through is....... DEEP

KiddBrewer
Does anyone get SportsSouth in HD? I'm in the Lake Norman area...we get FSN HD but no SportsSouth HD on Time Warner. For the loss.
Concerning the game, the D is playing really inspired today, which is what we needed to see. We could stand to tighten up the middle a little more, but I think a few yards on the ground here and there is worth not getting beat downfield by Riddle. Hope the intensity stays up all game.

Wyche is awful, but his point about Elon being built to come from behind is well-received over here. They have a lot of weapons.

I'm in Statesville. It's supposed to be HD on my DirecTV, but its just got the bars on the side. Oh well, looks beautiful to me none the lessxnodx

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 02:59 PM
2nd and 23 for App...AE to Cline makes it 3rd and 7

appstate38
3rd down 7 Apps

mistersykes
ARMANTI TO QUICK FIRST DOWN!!!

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
1st down AE to Quick

mistersykes
November 14th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Armanti playing extremely well so far.

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Attention Scott Riddle-Are you on the sideline paying attention to how a real QB passes to his receivers under pressure????

mistersykes
Cadet getting in on the action with a reverse! First down again!

MarchingMountaineer
Nice to see Cadet getting into the game. We'll need everyone in the post-season.

appstate38
Elon seems to have let the pressure of a big game get to them..... Just a bit

09griz
November 14th, 2009, 03:02 PM
It does look like Elon has a decent drive coming out of the first quarter (down 21), but I've only been able to view it on ESPN gamecast so there could be a significant delay. Anybody find it online?

appstate38
AE is playing like a man possessed.

mistersykes
Armanti running all over Elon! Another big run.

KiddBrewer
i believe it was quoted somewhere this week, possibly by a georgia southern fan, and i loved it.

'...app state is a whole different animal'

DX Man
Also Mr. Riddle, did you just see how a real QB scrambles???

theasushow
November 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
chatty's defense looked 10 times better than elon's. elon has their hands on their knees already.

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Elon players are tired!!!

09griz
November 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM
No, spoke too soon.

DX Man
Elon just got an early Christmas giftxthumbsupx

mistersykes
ASU misses field goal...good drive, but nothing to show for it. Elon's D was tiiiirrred.

AppStateSVX
lovin this game

Banks!!!
November 14th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Come on Jason.

PhoenixSupreme
Elon players are tired!!!

I reckon the Elon-D would be considering the TOP right now.

It sucks because Riddle is passing horribly...and we need to essentially break off a long drive to give the D some decent rest.

DX Man
Elon had absolutely NOTHING to do with Vitaris' missed FG

appstate38
Can't miss chances to get points......xsmhx

ASU_MBA
Vitaris sucks!

AlphaSigMD
November 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Stupid miscues...Ugh...I remember we played like this at James Madison last year...

Lets hope this doesn't end the same way...

DX Man
November 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Offensive pass interference... LOL

appstate38
November 14th, 2009, 03:08 PM
Pass interference... on Elon

3E9App
Wow didn't see that coming

DX Man
The cameras just showed Elons 3 fans!!! LOL

MountaineerMania54
dangit you're ahead of the radio call! haha don't ruin good things for me

appstate38
Can we skip halftime and just keep playing?

ASU_Fanatic
November 14th, 2009, 03:10 PM
if we play like this first half in the playoffs we can't be beat