View Full Version : RMU @ Albany

Original_RMC
November 7th, 2009, 02:40 PM
RMU 13
Albany 10

WOW...congrats RMU on a huge victory

JMG1MON
November 7th, 2009, 02:44 PM
Congrats and thanks MU now has chance to share conf title.

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Congrats RMU on your win. We'll see you next week @ RMU. xthumbsupx

Dane96
November 7th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Big time Congrats...you earned it.

Now...Bob Ford needs to do the ballsy and right thing and sit a very inconsistent Sr. in Vinny Esposito. We will have 13 new starters next year, including QB and the youngins need game experience.

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2009, 02:58 PM
NEC is a mess right now with today's shake up.

Wagner (5-1) goes to the GIC with wins at RMU and vs. Albany. It's no easy task, but they control their own destiny.

CCSU (5-1) has to be very disapointed, but if they win out vs. Monmouth and at Saint Francis, combined with a Wagner loss, the Devils will represent the NEC.

Albany (5-2) has to beat Wagner, and needs CCSU to drop its last 2 games. Its real reach for the Danes win the tiebreaker over Central.

Monmouth (4-2) can win out (@ CCSU and vs. RMU), but they need Wagner to drop its last 2 games, otherwise they lose the tiebreaker to the Seahawks.

hebmskebm
November 7th, 2009, 03:36 PM
So what what it this year in the NEC, was the top of the league overrated or was the bottom of the league underrated? This really was an "any given Saturday" type of year so far.

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2009, 04:09 PM
So what what it this year in the NEC, was the top of the league overrated or was the bottom of the league underrated? This really was an "any given Saturday" type of year so far.

Hard to say, but I lean that the bottom was underrated. For really the first time, teams like Saint Francis and Wagner went to compete at some places like UNI, New Hampshire, and NDSU. These were big games for these programs and they didn't exactly embarrass themselves. I think the NEC is continuing the to close the gap within I-AA, and as a conference we are close toh conferences like the SWAC, MEAC, Ivy, PL, Big South, OVC. Our bottom still has a way to go, but we aren't the conference we were 5 years ago!

I still think CCSU and UA are the cream of the crop in the NEC this year, but give a lot of credit to Wagner, as they could do the unexpected. Monmouth, RMU, and Bryant are very good teams as well.

As with any conference, when the coaches know each other pretty well and there is a lot of tape and games played between the teams, it's a lot easier to steal some wins. And for the most part, we are recruiting the same level of talent. That's what made Albany's record 18 straight NEC wins was so impressive. Its never easy to win and run the table against conference opponents.

Needless to say, there is no more at-large discussion from the NEC this season, but I still think our champ this year would be a fine representative in the playoffs as the NEC AQ. But that will have to wait until next year ....

Seahawks Fan
November 7th, 2009, 05:14 PM
Wagner has been underrated because of their bad start (losses to Stonehill and Bryant by a total of 7 points). But their freshman QB Nick Doscher has been improving each week. He is both a running and passing threat. The defense seems to be improving. Wagner could run the table. We'll see.

http://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/2009/11/7/FB_1107093000.aspx

aceinthehole
November 7th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Wagner has been underrated because of their bad start (losses to Stonehill and Bryant by a total of 7 points). But their freshman QB Nick Doscher has been improving each week. He is both a running and passing threat. The defense seems to be improving. Wagner could run the table. We'll see.

http://www.wagnerathletics.com/news/2009/11/7/FB_1107093000.aspx

I agree, that D-II loss was a huge red herring early in the season. I really wish you played Delaware St. instead of that D-III team. I thought they did OK at NDSU and the Bryant game was played in a monsoon, so I guess you have to give the Seahawks a pass for that loss.

No doubt about it, that kid is the next star in the NEC. He's an older freshman who came to Wagner after spending some time playing minor league baseball. He is this season's NEC Rookie of the year and is the future of Wagner football! Cool that he's a home grown Staten Island kid (he played youth football w/ CCSU's Aubrey Norris).

If they can pull it out in the last 2, its a hell of an accomplishment. CCSU and Albany have a lot of talented seniors. We'll see what happens ...

seahawkfan2007
November 7th, 2009, 05:58 PM
What a day in NEC football. RMU's win vs. Albany is a shocker and congrats to them for hanging tough after a really disappointing start this year. Wagner's win vs. CCSU has to rank as one of their best in the past few decades. This is a very young team playing with a ton of heart. Give the Wagner coaching staff credit for changing their offense to fit Nick Doscher's abilities. Nice wins for Monmouth and Sacred Heart as well.